Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,843 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria (32748 Views)

Nigeria May Co-host 2025 Afcon With Benin – Pinnick / Rohr: I would Have Won AFCON With Super Eagles In Cameroon / Bongani Zungu, Scored At The AFCON With VAR, The First Player To Achieve That (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by Henrychino(m): 6:07pm On Dec 23, 2021
Super story abeg
Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by Eriokanmi: 6:07pm On Dec 23, 2021
Good one. Make he no carry Omicron gone them. Oyinbo no dey joke with their health oo. Na we Africans no care. The other time, he tested positive for covid-19 on his arrival at his base after visiting Nigeria and attended a crowded party. They're monitoring him closely.
Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by sorepco(m): 6:09pm On Dec 23, 2021
My own problem be say y dem push this thing back to January? Clubs maintain these players n the countries just exploit them. Them give ur secondary school kids scholarship n u feel u can take dem out of school for familybreuniin anytime you want. With total disregard of school policies and Not minding the policies of the school.

ArchiLimited:
Na wa o. The heat on this our AFCON is too much. Just for someone to enjoy simple African soccer this January and all hell has broken loose. Now I see other European clubs borrowing a leaf and threatening their African players with similar lawsuits, so when majority of Europe based players start pulling out, I don't know what will be left of the AFCON. So sad

1 Like

Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by Nobody: 6:09pm On Dec 23, 2021
But Will Nff die if they train local players? Boys plenty wey dey play ball 4 street dem dey even play better pass ronaldo and messi sef what's wrong if they invest in those players abi Nff go die?? I no understand y everytime wey we get tournament we go dey borrow players nigeria never tire 4 dis madness?? For how long dem go continue this nonsense?

2 Likes

Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by Mosopzy23: 6:09pm On Dec 23, 2021
DeepSight:

Why did you go silent on the World Cup?

World cup is played off-season too na.
Honestly the timing if Afcon has never been cool

1 Like

Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by DeepSight(m): 6:10pm On Dec 23, 2021
Mosopzy23:

It was pointed out that there are plans to play it in-season because of the weather in Qatar.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_FIFA_World_Cup
Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by webizone(m): 6:10pm On Dec 23, 2021
paulolee:

I dnt even understand ur point...u are saying they are right because its a bad idea to play AFCON in January wen different leagues are going on bcox dey own the players..
hope u would also say this same words back then wen the Olympics were played during the league season and key players do leave dier club to win Olympic gold n i also think you will see all shades of wrongs next year when the worldcup will be played in November because of weather issues, or na inferiority complex dey worry u?

As in, you read perfectly what I read. Na Super Inferiority Complex dey worry am. He is SIC!

1 Like

Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by obinoral1179(m): 6:11pm On Dec 23, 2021
We don't need to argue with them, invite them and anyone that fails to show up ban him for the forthcoming world cup...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by rein22: 6:11pm On Dec 23, 2021
Afcon cannot be played at the end of the season because of weather problem.

When it rains, all our fields will be flooded, don't compare our weather conditions with that of Europe.

If Victor is fit, Naples should not stop him, because Nigeria first gave him the platform to shine before Naples came for him.

3 Likes

Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by Beedude(m): 6:15pm On Dec 23, 2021
Lumig:
I think I agree with Napoli on this without sentiments. Osimhen is an investment that needs to be protected and nortured
So Salah, Mane, Ziyech, Mendy, Aubameyang, Keita and co are not investment that needs to be protected ? If Napoli should have their way, all other clubs will follow suit and that is the end of the tournament that havent even started.
CAF wont allow Napoli scatter wetin dey don dey plan since. CAF cant even afford to lose money expected from that tournament.
Everyone just dey fight for their interest.
Even EPL no gree suspend league despite the high rate of players infection

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by DeepSight(m): 6:15pm On Dec 23, 2021
Mosopzy23:

Secondly someone just pointed out that the timing for AFCON considers African weather. (Most of) Africa experiences its heaviest rains mid year.
Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by ransomed: 6:20pm On Dec 23, 2021
Any Africa player they deny participating in AFCON should score own goals against their club .
This will teach them a bitter lesson across the world.
Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by cliqtips: 6:21pm On Dec 23, 2021
I keep asking myself.. Why can't CAF align their calendar with the rest of the world ?
They are just confusing the players though.

They don't develop the football in the continent and over 70 % of players that grace the Nations cup are from Euro which their season are in session already.

if the football in the country is well developed, players can equally ply their trades in Africa countries without going to Europe and good investors can also come in.

More of these countries can't even pay/treat these players if they have any serious injury during the tournament.

CAF is a reflection of Africa leaders (Politicians), they never develop their continent.
Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by pafo(m): 6:22pm On Dec 23, 2021
Kingpin1000:
They should sue him.. this AFCON people no get sense, this clubs pay the Bills of these players, even when they are injured it is the club doctors who take care of them. Why can't Afcon be played during offseason.
For those who think it's because of covid, you need to have a rethink, this is long overdue. Covid is just an excuse. Afcon is the major reason why Ferguson did not buy Aftican Players.

Don't let the white man tell you what to do with yourself bro.

2 Likes

Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by cliqtips: 6:24pm On Dec 23, 2021
Lol .... this line though
Beedude:
the tournament that havent even started.
Please if I may ask you, when can we say this tournament has started ?
Because AFCON is now 18 years if I am not mistaken.

The truth is; CAF should align their calendar with other bodies too.
Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by frugal(m): 6:25pm On Dec 23, 2021
Same players that are all getting infected in Europe? Nonsense.
Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by oxygeng: 6:27pm On Dec 23, 2021
Righteousness2:
If Cameroon has large percentage of unvaccinated people, the Vaccination you have injected in Victor should protect him Na! Abi una Jab Na Joke.

A Jab so wonderful that the unvaccinated are blamed for the sickness and Deaths of the Vaccinated.

Sin ,Evil and Wickedness has ruptured the reasoning ability of humans.
Confused Nations and People Everywhere!
the whole frenzy about those jabs are rubbish. They don't work. I have had two jabs but I recently just recovered from Covid. Same with almost everyone that has had the jabs here in the UK.

2 Likes

Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by Felabrity: 6:28pm On Dec 23, 2021
grin grin they will do the same to Salah and co
Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by Upton: 6:29pm On Dec 23, 2021
Kingpin1000:
They should sue him.. this AFCON people no get sense, this clubs pay the Bills of these players, even when they are injured it is the club doctors who take care of them. Why can't Afcon be played during offseason.
For those who think it's because of covid, you need to have a rethink, this is long overdue. Covid is just an excuse. Afcon is the major reason why Ferguson did not buy Aftican Players.

We can’t play AFCON off season. It doesn’t work for us. Our weather will not allow. June/July is when it rains more in most part of Africa and pitches can be unplayable when it rains heavily. January/February suits us best. We are not to change for others. It’s a continental competition, European clubs have to accept it. Besides what’s off-season? When is off-season in Africa? Why must me we assume off-season in Europe is the same for every other continents?

2 Likes

Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by Felabrity: 6:29pm On Dec 23, 2021
Rubbish and mediocrity

They had time for Euro, copa america and the other useless nations league but can't provide time for Afcon
Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by otokx(m): 6:32pm On Dec 23, 2021
Is this not a form of racism?
Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by asobo1: 6:32pm On Dec 23, 2021
Kingpin1000:
Are you also aware that this competition ought to have been held since last year June but was postponed due to covid-19.
cliqtips:

The upcoming AFCON was postponed from last year 2020 to 2022. Do you expect them to play next year summer, less than 5 months to the World Cup?

2 Likes

Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by Iamthoney(m): 6:33pm On Dec 23, 2021
Kingpin1000:
Ferguson bought five African players during his time as a Manchester United’s boss so get your facts right

2 Likes

Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by Kinzo0917(m): 6:34pm On Dec 23, 2021
WibusJaga:

I don't even support rushing Osimhen for AFCON based on fitness grounds.
But they should consider fixing AFCON at a period when European clubs are on break.
. Must we always dance to their tune ?? Let them put their pre-season in January. In most African countries, it always rain in June, July,, August and September. We will never dance to their tune. It is either in January or let them go to hell. Enough of them taking Africa for a ride

1 Like

Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by Beedude(m): 6:35pm On Dec 23, 2021
cliqtips:

Shey dey don start AFCON ni. Its still January now.

Also, it has been like this since inception and every club is aware. Before you sign an African player, u must be aware of the player's inclusion in the tournament every 2yrs. Samuel Eto, Didier Drogba, Salomon Kalou, Kanu, Okocha, Diof, Geremi njita, Yaya Toure, Taribo west, Obafemi Martins have all played in Europe and also played AFCON.

Fifa also is planning world cup every 2 yrs, UEFA brough conference league for clubs and Nation League for countries.
All these na to make more money.
The issue we have as Africans is that we love to always do things according to how the white run theirs and funny enough, the white no even send us. If dey wan do something, they do it without considering us.

No football club is bigger than Africa.
So Napoli should take a chill and let the guy come for just a month.

3 Likes

Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by phemmyfour: 6:35pm On Dec 23, 2021
Kingpin1000:
Rainy season, African pitches ain't good with rain
Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by asobo1: 6:37pm On Dec 23, 2021
Felabrity:
Rubbish and mediocrity

They had time for Euro, copa america and the other useless nations league but can't provide time for Afcon
Don't mind the callous people. AFCON as it stands has already fixed it calander to align with the summer break in Europe. The forthcoming AFCON can't be shifted to the summer because the playing turf would be wet "raining season". I pity the Nigerians who are supporting the Europeans to disrespect our competition.

3 Likes

Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by beejay85: 6:39pm On Dec 23, 2021
ogbiwa:
Recuperating Napoli striker, Victor Osimhen, may miss the fast-approaching Africa Cup of Nations if a report from Italy is anything to go by.

Napoli lawyer, Mattia Grassani, according to report, warns clubs could sue to stop their players participating in the Africa Cup of Nations.

“Considering the epidemiological situation, there could be legal action, because this tournament takes away valuable resources from the clubs,” Napoli lawyer Grassani told CalcioNapoli24.

“It is a particular historic moment, so it would be different if we felt 99 percent confident of the situation. The clubs invested a lot of money signing players like Victor Osimhen, so if he were to become infected, that’d be tough to deal with.

“The first step would be legal action to prevent the call-up, then if there were concrete elements to sue because the health standards are not the same as in European competitions, then there could be more appeals to gain an exemption for Europe-based players.”

Cameroon has only five per cent of the population vaccinated, there are fears this could turn into a super-spreader event for the continent and the entire football world.

Clubs are increasingly concerned at the idea of letting their players participate in the competition, citing health worries.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/napoli-plots-to-end-osimhens-afcon-dream/
Go ahead and Sue Mr lawyer!!
AFCON is a FIFA recognized tournament like euro,Copa ,America and Afc In asia...
So there is no questions about player's participation either with health standards or not....
Moreover with or without osimhen, Napoli still got bleeped at home by low rated Spezia fc...so what??

1 Like

Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by Kokoebapluse(m): 6:39pm On Dec 23, 2021
Mattia Grassani are you mad or zumthin ?
Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by Iamthoney(m): 6:40pm On Dec 23, 2021
cliqtips:

Caf can’t align its calendar with other bodies cos it rains the most in June/July in most part of Africa and you know our football pitches aren’t good and it can and will be flooded with water. Our weather with that of Europe or America or Asia ain’t the same so there’s no way Caf can align their calendar.
Re: Napoli's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Osimhen If He Travels To AFCON With Nigeria by Peppysco: 6:50pm On Dec 23, 2021
Unless there's a new FIFA law that covers Covid related situations, then, that Napoli lawyer is speaking trash. Many European players have been invited for national call ups with no exceptions, why is Osimen's case different?. The virus is ravaging most European countries right now more than Africa but if there were World Cup qualifiers' matches to be played, would clubs refuse to relaese their players as against FiFA's rule, I doubt no. That lawyer is just being a Festus Keyamo for all I care

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why None Of Europe's Top Teams Want Ronaldo? / Rohr Releases 24-man List To Face Algeria (Full List) / South Africa's World Cup Clash Halted By Swarm Of Bees, Fans React (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.