Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,693 members, 7,820,422 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Drugs: Three Nigerian Pharmacists Risk 20 Years Imprisonment In US - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Drugs: Three Nigerian Pharmacists Risk 20 Years Imprisonment In US (16628 Views)

Oyelowo Fawas: “American Prostitute” Bags 12 months Imprisonment In Ilorin / Herdsman Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti For Grazing & Shooting Farmer / Hushpuppi Faces Up To 20 Years Imprisonment In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drugs: Three Nigerian Pharmacists Risk 20 Years Imprisonment In US by Gentlepenuel(m): 6:21pm On Dec 23, 2021
Three Nigerian Pharmacists Risk 20 Years Imprisonment In US For Illegally Dispensing Narcotics

Three Nigerians nationals who operate pharmaceutical stores in Texas, United States have been indicted for allegedly dispensing millions of the opioid pills hydrocodone, carisoprodol, and oxycodone.

The Nigerians involved, if convicted, risk sentencing up to 20 years in prison.

WebMD described opioid as a type of narcotic pain medication that binds to opioid receptors in the brain, spinal cord, and other areas of the body. They are used to treat moderate to severe pain that may not respond well to other pain medications.

However, this range of drugs has been widely abused by drug addicts over the years.

According to court documents, from January 2018, pharmaceutical stores owned by the Nigerians: Keystone Pharmacy by Anthony Obute, and Peoples Pharmacy by Ophelia Emeakaroha have been illegally dispensing opioid pills, Nigeriabroad reports.

Another Nigerian Christopher Obaze who operated one Chrisco Pharmacy has been earlier arrested for alleged illicit operation of Chrisco as a pill mill.

Meanwhile, Obute was arrested on Thursday, December 2 following a filed criminal complaint which alleged that he operated Keystone as a pill mill, illegally distributing hydrocodone and oxycodone.

The complaint further alleges that from September 2018 to September 2020, Obute directed Keystone to purchase around 1.1 million of the highest-strength, short-acting hydrocodone and oxycodone pills commercially available.

It was further alleged that he sold them to so-called “crew leaders,” or drug traffickers who pay individuals to pose as patients in order to obtain pills to sell onto the black market.

Ophelia Emeakoroha was arrested on the same day on a criminal complaint filed in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas, alleging that she, the pharmacist-in-charge at Peoples, illegally distributed and dispensed hydrocodone and oxycodone.

According to court documents, from January 1, 2019, to about December 31, 2019, Emeakoroha caused Peoples to purchase around 250,000 of the highest-strength, short-acting hydrocodone and oxycodone pills commercially available, which she then sold to crew leaders in a scheme similar to Keystone’s.

Obaze, who is facing an 8-count indictment, is alleged to have illegally distributed and dispensed hydrocodone and oxycodone, maintained Chrisco as a drug-involved premises in proximity to a facility for children, and laundered the ill-gotten gains, using the proceeds to promote the enterprise, depositing cash in amounts below $10,000 to avoid bank reporting requirements, and transferring the proceeds through numerous accounts to obscure the funds’ origins. He was also charged with tax crimes.

According to court documents, from January 2018, to October 2021, Obaze was the pharmacist-in-charge at Chrisco, used as a front to purchase and then illegally sell around 2.25 million of the highest-strength short-acting hydrocodone and oxycodone pills commercially available.

The indictment alleges that Obaze and one staffer at Chrisco sold the pills, in bulk, directly to drug traffickers, without the involvement of doctors, prescriptions, or patients.
http://saharareporters.com/2021/12/23/three-nigerian-pharmacists-risk-20-years-imprisonment-us-illegally-dispensing-narcotics

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Drugs: Three Nigerian Pharmacists Risk 20 Years Imprisonment In US by dawnomike(m): 6:36pm On Dec 23, 2021
Another set of Nigerians messing up the image of the country.

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Drugs: Three Nigerian Pharmacists Risk 20 Years Imprisonment In US by Nobody: 1:09am On Dec 24, 2021
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Drugs: Three Nigerian Pharmacists Risk 20 Years Imprisonment In US by karlnomarx: 1:54am On Dec 24, 2021
wow

I say a Merry Christmas and Complement of the season to all forumites.

I am alive, hopeful courageous and resilient and also looking forward to a blissful and more fulfilling 2022.

I celebrate you and celebrate myself despite too many challenges I am facing, chief of which us hunger and lack which I am enduring with my 3 children and their mom a petty trader. Times are indeed hard for my family and I will urge you to come through for my family, so we can celebrate Christmas and prosperous New Year and so that we can offset the thrift collected by my wife to cater for the school needs of the kids here in Ogbomosho, Oyo State.

I really hope you will give me a benefit of doubt and help me on this beautiful, colorful day. God bless you.

Any token will go a long way brethren...080.8251.2974

Union Bank..
Re: Drugs: Three Nigerian Pharmacists Risk 20 Years Imprisonment In US by juniorstar(m): 2:35am On Dec 24, 2021
White coat pablo

14 Likes

Re: Drugs: Three Nigerian Pharmacists Risk 20 Years Imprisonment In US by BigSarah(f): 3:29am On Dec 24, 2021
Too bad, people getting time on a "Taxed Legal Drug".
Where does the madness end undecided

10 Likes

Re: Drugs: Three Nigerian Pharmacists Risk 20 Years Imprisonment In US by Coronavirus123: 3:49am On Dec 24, 2021
All these people wey dey comment for here, u a no dey sleep

2 Likes

Re: Drugs: Three Nigerian Pharmacists Risk 20 Years Imprisonment In US by Karlovich: 5:00am On Dec 24, 2021
cry cry Ipigz again!!

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Drugs: Three Nigerian Pharmacists Risk 20 Years Imprisonment In US by Kinisoo(m): 5:28am On Dec 24, 2021
We are Nigerians no discrimination. Let's give concerted effort to redeem this badly dented image.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Drugs: Three Nigerian Pharmacists Risk 20 Years Imprisonment In US by kabukabu50(m): 5:29am On Dec 24, 2021
Coronavirus123:
Look at you also "wey no dey sleep"

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drugs: Three Nigerian Pharmacists Risk 20 Years Imprisonment In US by Godoverevery: 5:29am On Dec 24, 2021
I laughe alot when people blame most crime committed here in the country on economic hardship.

Some people are just criminally minded regardless of there financial status.

73 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Drugs: Three Nigerian Pharmacists Risk 20 Years Imprisonment In US by JUSTASLIP: 5:31am On Dec 24, 2021
Awful.

See Greed undecided

8 Likes

Re: Drugs: Three Nigerian Pharmacists Risk 20 Years Imprisonment In US by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:31am On Dec 24, 2021
It could be that they sell of these drugs in Nigeria and they think it will be easy doing so in US soil.

12 Likes

Re: Drugs: Three Nigerian Pharmacists Risk 20 Years Imprisonment In US by gasparpisciotta: 5:32am On Dec 24, 2021
No need for tribalism
Re: Drugs: Three Nigerian Pharmacists Risk 20 Years Imprisonment In US by kingthreat(m): 5:32am On Dec 24, 2021
Mkpurummiri has come to stay in the land of the rising sun.
It is the karma for your people selling drugs and destroying other people's children lives by turning them to addicts. Imagine even trained pharmacists in the USA selling to addicts. You now think your children will be any better? They will smoke loud, crack, white, meth, arizona and other hard drugs until your people unite and stop selling dangerous things because of money.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Drugs: Three Nigerian Pharmacists Risk 20 Years Imprisonment In US by Cherez: 5:34am On Dec 24, 2021
Karlovich:
cry cry Ipigz again!!

I don’t have any issue with you attacking Igbos but my issue is with most SS people who go by Igbo names but claim they are not Igbos
Whenever they commit crimes, we Igbos get the hit too
They claim Kaduna Nzeogwu isn’t Igbo but millions of Igbos where massacred in the North cos same Nigeria claimed Kaduna was Igbo
They will tell you the 1st coup was an Igbo coup and Igbos are evil for it and got punished in the war for it but same people claiming Kaduna isn’t Igbo today yet took him all the way from the east where he died in battle to Kaduna state for a National(state) burial
They only agree that there are Igbos in SS when they wanna fuel their conspiracy theories but deny it when they wanna lie
Same people who told you Ojukwu wanted the war cos of oil when till date, no trace of Ojukwu bargaining with the oil during the war or selling oil wells
Una well done but you guys have met a resilient Igbonation and I’m sorry we ain’t gonna back down
The Irish fought the British subjugation for over 400yrs but we won’t have to stand against the oppressor for such long

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Drugs: Three Nigerian Pharmacists Risk 20 Years Imprisonment In US by blackboy2star(m): 5:35am On Dec 24, 2021
Where are the NANC Una sha wan spoil the whole name NAIJA

1 Like

Re: Drugs: Three Nigerian Pharmacists Risk 20 Years Imprisonment In US by moshino(m): 5:36am On Dec 24, 2021
dawnomike:
Another set of Nigerians messing up the image of the country.

Your country doesn't have any good image to mess up in the first place. Extreme, unprecedented corruption and evil has been existing in your country from inception.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Drugs: Three Nigerian Pharmacists Risk 20 Years Imprisonment In US by SenecaTheYonger: 5:36am On Dec 24, 2021
Nigerians and crime. Imagine fronting as a pharmacy just to end up selling drugs to drug traffickers. Opioid for that matter, after how they fought the opioid crisis

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drugs: Three Nigerian Pharmacists Risk 20 Years Imprisonment In US by Nobody: 5:49am On Dec 24, 2021
Coronavirus123:

You when nor dey sleep, you dey complain. Your eyes dey shine

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drugs: Three Nigerian Pharmacists Risk 20 Years Imprisonment In US by seguno2: 5:50am On Dec 24, 2021
blackboy2star:
Where are the NANC Una sha wan spoil the whole name NAIJA

In the same way that Boko Haram terrorists are spoiling the name of Naija
Re: Drugs: Three Nigerian Pharmacists Risk 20 Years Imprisonment In US by iampeterben(m): 5:52am On Dec 24, 2021
Some useless fellow denting the image of our nation.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Drugs: Three Nigerian Pharmacists Risk 20 Years Imprisonment In US by Sunnydhay: 5:54am On Dec 24, 2021
Omo
Re: Drugs: Three Nigerian Pharmacists Risk 20 Years Imprisonment In US by blackboy2star(m): 5:56am On Dec 24, 2021
They're termed terrorists already... What should we call this name spoilers? Do legit and enjoy peace

seguno2:

In the same way that Boko Haram terrorists are spoiling the name of Naija

4 Likes

Re: Drugs: Three Nigerian Pharmacists Risk 20 Years Imprisonment In US by Upton: 6:01am On Dec 24, 2021
Ok
Re: Drugs: Three Nigerian Pharmacists Risk 20 Years Imprisonment In US by PoliteActivist: 6:01am On Dec 24, 2021
Dr. Maduka group

Coronavirus123:

I always smile when I see this type of comment.
EVERYBODY IS NOT IN NIGERIA!!
When it is midnight in Nigeria, it is noon here in China!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drugs: Three Nigerian Pharmacists Risk 20 Years Imprisonment In US by Pharaohny: 6:04am On Dec 24, 2021
N
Re: Drugs: Three Nigerian Pharmacists Risk 20 Years Imprisonment In US by tete7000(m): 6:04am On Dec 24, 2021
If found guilty, they should go to jail

4 Likes

Re: Drugs: Three Nigerian Pharmacists Risk 20 Years Imprisonment In US by Pharaohny: 6:04am On Dec 24, 2021
A
I
Re: Drugs: Three Nigerian Pharmacists Risk 20 Years Imprisonment In US by RichDad1(m): 6:07am On Dec 24, 2021
Usual suspects.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drugs: Three Nigerian Pharmacists Risk 20 Years Imprisonment In US by Aboks(m): 6:28am On Dec 24, 2021
As usual na dem
ndi meth

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Niger: Court Sentences Three Herdsmen To Death By Hanging For Armed Robbery / EFCC Secures Conviction Of Four Internet Fraudsters (Photos) / Man Kills His Drunk Friend In Ogun During An Argument

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.