Stats: 3,158,314 members, 7,836,362 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

Is Christmas For Kids Or Adult Should Celebrate It Too? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Christmas For Kids Or Adult Should Celebrate It Too? (302 Views)

It's My Birthday Today, But How Can I Celebrate It Without My Wife? / 10 Countries You Should Avoid Raising Kids Or Starting A Family / A Child’s First Birthday – For The Kids Or The Adults ? (2) (3) (4)

Is Christmas For Kids Or Adult Should Celebrate It Too? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Dec 23, 2021
I have been thinking slot about this topic lately, can adults be celebrating Christmas with kids?

What if you are someone who don't believe in all this religion stuffs?

I'm a someone who is not interested in religion any longer, I'm also poor hence I wanted to cut my expenses to the least minimum to avoid anything that will put pressure on me. The thing is, my wife is not taking it lightly with me that I must visit her parents and all that, our baby is 3months today and I see no need to be buying her new clothes cos she has others to wear. I also use to try and buy food for the house always hence I see no need to buy special food for Christmas. Who else is experiencing this?

And how can I go about this pls?
Re: Is Christmas For Kids Or Adult Should Celebrate It Too? by Magnoliaa(f): 7:49pm On Dec 23, 2021
It is for kidults. undecided

It's you sef. My seniors are coming to advise you. Let me wait for them.

Re: Is Christmas For Kids Or Adult Should Celebrate It Too? by Goldbw122(m): 8:20pm On Dec 23, 2021
Everyday should be celebrated that is how I see it oo..
Re: Is Christmas For Kids Or Adult Should Celebrate It Too? by Kobojunkie: 8:30pm On Dec 23, 2021
udoji2021:
I have been thinking slot about this topic lately, can adults be celebrating Christmas with kids?

1. What if you are someone who don't believe in all this religion stuffs? I'm a someone who is not interested in religion any longer, I'm also poor hence I wanted to cut my expenses to the least minimum to avoid anything that will put pressure on me.

2. The thing is, my wife is not taking it lightly with me that I must visit her parents and all that, our baby is 3months today and I see no need to be buying her new clothes cos she has others to wear. I also use to try and buy food for the house always hence I see no need to buy special food for Christmas. Who else is experiencing this?

1. Christmas/Xmas/Yuletide is not a religious holiday. It is simply a period to celebrate with friends and family. Misguided folks try to paint it a religious holiday, which is can't be. undecided

2. You probably need to rid yourself first of the notion, that Christmas has to do with religion, to understand where your wife may be coming from and why. undecided
Re: Is Christmas For Kids Or Adult Should Celebrate It Too? by Lamanii22(f): 10:48pm On Dec 23, 2021
Christmas is no longer religious related everyone celebrates it... It's a period to unwind and relax an have some fun...
Re: Is Christmas For Kids Or Adult Should Celebrate It Too? by GboyegaD(m): 2:12am On Dec 24, 2021
You can choose to celebrate it in your house without visiting anyone however, in your situation, you need a reason why you don't want to visit her parents. You know your wife best to deal with the issue.
Re: Is Christmas For Kids Or Adult Should Celebrate It Too? by Ouchbabe(f): 2:34am On Dec 24, 2021
udoji2021:

What if you are someone who don't believe in all this religion stuffs?

I'm a someone who is not interested in religion any longer, I'm also poor hence I wanted to cut my expenses to the least minimum to avoid anything that will put pressure on me. The thing is, my wife is not taking it lightly with me that I must visit her parents and all that, our baby is 3months today and I see no need to be buying her new clothes cos she has others to wear. I also use to try and buy food for the house always hence I see no need to buy special food for Christmas. Who else is experiencing this?

Christmas celebration is for everyone. It's the best holiday celebrated by millions of people. The best time to unwind, share gifts,catch-up and merry with loved ones.
If you can, please visit your in-laws now that they are alive.
As for your daughter, a little gift for her is not a bad idea
Re: Is Christmas For Kids Or Adult Should Celebrate It Too? by Nobody: 8:25am On Dec 24, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. Christmas/Xmas/Yuletide is not a religious holiday. It is simply a period to celebrate with friends and family. Misguided folks try to paint it a religious holiday, which is can't be. undecided

2. You probably need to rid yourself first of the notion, that Christmas has to do with religion, to understand where your wife may be coming from and why. undecided

thanks for the enlightenment,

cos me use to think that Christmas is about the birth of Jesus Christ which is associated to Christianity.
Re: Is Christmas For Kids Or Adult Should Celebrate It Too? by Nobody: 8:26am On Dec 24, 2021
Goldbw122:
Everyday should be celebrated that is how I see it oo..

noted
Re: Is Christmas For Kids Or Adult Should Celebrate It Too? by Kobojunkie: 12:09pm On Dec 24, 2021
udoji2021:

cos me use to think that Christmas is about the birth of Jesus Christ which is associated to Christianity.
It really isn't undecided
Re: Is Christmas For Kids Or Adult Should Celebrate It Too? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Dec 24, 2021
udoji2021:

So, all your life and now that you're an adult, you don't know what Christmas is about? It is what a regular person on Nairaland told you that you want to believe?

Go to Wikipedia and read up on Christmas. it'd help you understand more. It is a religious celebration, and no matter how one junkie wants it to be secularized, it still remains a Christian celebration.
Re: Is Christmas For Kids Or Adult Should Celebrate It Too? by Kobojunkie: 12:38pm On Dec 24, 2021
MoneyMusthear:
So, all your life and now that you're an adult, you don't know what Christmas is about? It is what a regular person on Nairaland told you that you want to believe?

Go to Wikipedia and read up on Christmas. it'd help you understand more. It is a religious celebration, and no matter how one junkie wants it to be secularized, it still remains a Christian celebration.
It was never Christ-ian to begin with, and will forever remain so, not of Jesus Christundecided
Re: Is Christmas For Kids Or Adult Should Celebrate It Too? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Dec 24, 2021
MoneyMusthear:

The comments on this thread so far is painting Christmas as a general holiday hence I didn't want to argue cos I might be the one who may be wrong. Personally, I know Christmas as a Christian thing.
Re: Is Christmas For Kids Or Adult Should Celebrate It Too? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 24, 2021
Kobojunkie:
It was never Christ-ian to begin with, and will forever remain so, not of Jesus Christundecided

Can you enlighten me more about this topic?

It seems you are sure of what you are saying which is contrary to what most of us believe
Re: Is Christmas For Kids Or Adult Should Celebrate It Too? by Kobojunkie: 2:54pm On Dec 24, 2021
udoji2021:

It seems you are sure of what you are saying which is contrary to what most of us believe
Simple....Jesus Christ called on His followers to obey His teachings and commandments, this in His name. He also warned them not to add their own doctrines and traditions to that which He had taught to them. Those who claim Christmas is of Jesus Christ, do so in violation of His commands not to add to His teachings and commandments and this because Jesus Christ never commanded or asked anyone to celebrate any Holidays in His name. undecided

Anyways, what matters here is your wife wants to celebrate and being close-minded because of some bias you may have against religion isn't going to help you at all. Marriage, after all, is an agreement between man and woman, so you should work on negotiating a way to celebrate with your wife while still maintaining your 'sanity' in it all. undecided
Re: Is Christmas For Kids Or Adult Should Celebrate It Too? by Mariangeles(f): 3:27pm On Dec 24, 2021
Celebrations make life exciting.
So, if you want your wife to be happy being with you, you have to make life fun for her by celebrating, if not for anything, for life.
Don’t be such a boring man, and don’t suck the life out of your wife. Being poor is not an excuse to be stingy and boring.
Light up your home. Celebrate the season.

udoji2021:

Stop looking for excuses to be cheap!

Re: Is Christmas For Kids Or Adult Should Celebrate It Too? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Dec 24, 2021
Mariangeles:
Celebrations make life exciting.
So, if you want your wife to be happy being with you, you have to make life fun for her by celebrating, if not for anything, for life.
Don’t be such a boring man, and don’t suck the life out of your wife. Being poor is not an excuse to be stingy and boring.
Light up your home. Celebrate the season.

Stop looking for excuses to be cheap!

Thanks ma.

Advice well taken. Have a wonderful holiday

Where Are You At Now? / How To Raise Successful Girl-child Without Over-parenting / Nigerian Couple Welcome Triplets After 15 Years Of Waiting (Photos)