Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,283 members, 7,836,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Sources: Commissioner Who Dumped Matawalle’s Cabinet Is Originally From Imo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sources: Commissioner Who Dumped Matawalle’s Cabinet Is Originally From Imo (1124 Views)

Kano Gov, Abba Yusuf Sacks Commissioner Who Threatened Tribunal Judges / 2023: Those Asking Us To Leave Lagos Are They Originally From Lagos? Mr Macaroni / Makinde Sacks Raphael Afonja, Commissioner Who Treated COVID-19 For 52 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sources: Commissioner Who Dumped Matawalle’s Cabinet Is Originally From Imo by ArewaNorth: 10:58am On Dec 24, 2021
Hajiya Rabi Shinkafi, the former Commissioner for Women and Children Affairs in Zamfara State, is originally from Imo, according to sources.

Shinkafi made the headlines after she resigned from the cabinet of Governor Bello Matawalle to pick up another appointment in Imo State.

A top source in Zamfara State Government House told Daily Trust that she is originally from Imo but married to someone from Shinkafi LGA of the state.

The source said the commissioner was born in Imo and that her father is a popular traditional ruler there.

“She became an indigene of Zamfara State on marital ground as she is married to a retired top civil servant from Shinkafi LGA of the state,” he said.

He said she was appointed commissioner under Matawalle’s administration to represent Shinkafi LGA.

“She is only going back home. Her father is a traditional ruler in Imo State. It is the slot of Shinkafi LGA that was given to her by Matawalle,” the source said.

Another source who also confirmed that she is originally from Imo, said she succumbed to pressure from her home state.

“Shortly after she was nominated as commissioner in Zamfara, the Imo governor also nominated her for same position. Since then, there has been pressure on her to dump Zamfara for Imo,” the source, a governor’s aide, said.

In an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Gusau, the Zamfara State capital, Shinkadfi confirmed that she was joining the Governor Hope Uzodinma-led government in Imo State.

“I resigned my appointment as commissioner in Zamfara to enable me to pick another appointment as commissioner in Imo. I am immensely grateful to Governor Bello Matawalle and his wife, Hajiya Aisha, for their kindness to me and for giving me the opportunity to serve Zamfara in different capacities.

“All the speculations in the social media about my resignation are completely false; it was just the work of mischief-makers.

“I have a perfect and cordial relationship with the governor and his wife. I consider them as my family and they are in the picture of my going to Imo.

“Both Governor Hope Uzodimma of Imo and Matawalle discussed it as fellow APC governors and as friends too,’’ she said.

https://dailytrust.com/commissioner-dumps-matawalles-cabinet-joins-uzodimmas-govt
Re: Sources: Commissioner Who Dumped Matawalle’s Cabinet Is Originally From Imo by Igbokid: 10:59am On Dec 24, 2021
ArewaNorth:
Hajiya Rabi Shinkafi, the former Commissioner for Women and Children Affairs in Zamfara State, is originally from Imo, according to sources.

Shinkafi made the headlines after she resigned from the cabinet of Governor Bello Matawalle to pick up another appointment in Imo State.

A top source in Zamfara State Government House told Daily Trust that she is originally from Imo but married to someone from Shinkafi LGA of the state.

The source said the commissioner was born in Imo and that her father is a popular traditional ruler there.

“She became an indigene of Zamfara State on marital ground as she is married to a retired top civil servant from Shinkafi LGA of the state,” he said.

He said she was appointed commissioner under Matawalle’s administration to represent Shinkafi LGA.

“She is only going back home. Her father is a traditional ruler in Imo State. It is the slot of Shinkafi LGA that was given to her by Matawalle,” the source said.

Another source who also confirmed that she is originally from Imo, said she succumbed to pressure from her home state.

“Shortly after she was nominated as commissioner in Zamfara, the Imo governor also nominated her for same position. Since then, there has been pressure on her to dump Zamfara for Imo,” the source, a governor’s aide, said.

In an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Gusau, the Zamfara State capital, Shinkadfi confirmed that she was joining the Governor Hope Uzodinma-led government in Imo State.

“I resigned my appointment as commissioner in Zamfara to enable me to pick another appointment as commissioner in Imo. I am immensely grateful to Governor Bello Matawalle and his wife, Hajiya Aisha, for their kindness to me and for giving me the opportunity to serve Zamfara in different capacities.

“All the speculations in the social media about my resignation are completely false; it was just the work of mischief-makers.

“I have a perfect and cordial relationship with the governor and his wife. I consider them as my family and they are in the picture of my going to Imo.

“Both Governor Hope Uzodimma of Imo and Matawalle discussed it as fellow APC governors and as friends too,’’ she said.

https://dailytrust.com/commissioner-dumps-matawalles-cabinet-joins-uzodimmas-govt
Good to know she is a proud Igbo Muslim.
Thank God Igbo Muslims are now taking their rightful place in the affairs of the Igbo nation .
The Igbo muslim renaissance has begun .

May chukwu okike abiama bless Igbo Muslim and Igbo Christians and may God also touch the hearts of Igbo Jews so that they can stop roasting and eating fellow Igbos

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sources: Commissioner Who Dumped Matawalle’s Cabinet Is Originally From Imo by Sakamaje: 11:03am On Dec 24, 2021
Islam is really growing in Imo state. That's a good development for religious tolerance.

5 Likes

Re: Sources: Commissioner Who Dumped Matawalle’s Cabinet Is Originally From Imo by Rugaria: 11:06am On Dec 24, 2021
Sakamaje:
Islam is really growing in Imo state. That's a good development for religious tolerance.
Lots of clowns in this forum..
Islam dey grow for Imo state? Judaism dey grow for Mecca too!
See him yeye nyansh and religious freedom..

8 Likes

Re: Sources: Commissioner Who Dumped Matawalle’s Cabinet Is Originally From Imo by Fasindo: 11:18am On Dec 24, 2021
shocked

Congrats.....

Anything to excape banditz (AKA Gunmi boys) is allowed.

Buhari might even contest for president in Niger Rep after his tenure cos just like this madam commissioner is originally from Imo, Baba is also originally from Niger Rep

1 Like

Re: Sources: Commissioner Who Dumped Matawalle’s Cabinet Is Originally From Imo by Laggafin: 11:34am On Dec 24, 2021
Every tin is upside down
Re: Sources: Commissioner Who Dumped Matawalle’s Cabinet Is Originally From Imo by nzeobi(m): 11:41am On Dec 24, 2021
We want technocrats to come back and contribute and charlatants
Re: Sources: Commissioner Who Dumped Matawalle’s Cabinet Is Originally From Imo by BKayy: 11:56am On Dec 24, 2021
Have you ever heard of an Igbo woman with the name "Hajiya Rabi Shinkafi" before?
If this is you peoples way of sending your spies to Igboland, just know that you have failed already.

After the French and English war, to ensure lasting peace, both countries swapped indigenes who have changed to the opposite countries religion and way of life. Thus, English people gave France their Catholics while France handed England their protestants.

So my dear ArewaNorth, this woman is a Fulani woman. Keep her.
Re: Sources: Commissioner Who Dumped Matawalle’s Cabinet Is Originally From Imo by Frigga13: 12:20pm On Dec 24, 2021
Uzodimma is seriously pleasing his masters .. and going cross board

Reason he’s telling igbos keke won’t take em far

Hope is hoping that someday he will be igbo President grin

If not don’t know why he’s serious eating out ass
Re: Sources: Commissioner Who Dumped Matawalle’s Cabinet Is Originally From Imo by Frigga13: 12:22pm On Dec 24, 2021
Sakamaje:

The only reason you guys hate igbos

No worries ..

It’s hallucinations.. wake.

Soon all masarachi will be visited with pig head.
Re: Sources: Commissioner Who Dumped Matawalle’s Cabinet Is Originally From Imo by ProudImolite: 12:23pm On Dec 24, 2021
Sakamaje:
You are a big clown
Re: Sources: Commissioner Who Dumped Matawalle’s Cabinet Is Originally From Imo by ArewaNorth: 12:29pm On Dec 24, 2021
BKayy:
Have you ever heard of an Igbo woman with the name "Hajiya Rabi Shinkafi" before?
If this is you peoples way of sending your spies to Igboland, just know that you have failed already.

After the French and English war, to ensure lasting peace, both countries swapped indigenes who have changed to the opposite countries religion and way of life. Thus, English people gave France their Catholics while France handed England their protestants.

So my dear ArewaNorth, this woman is a Fulani woman. Keep her.

You are the most uncivilised Nigerians. How on earth can u always dwell on ethno-religious fanaticism for everything?
Always finding religious bigotry to support ur affairs, nonsense comment!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sources: Commissioner Who Dumped Matawalle’s Cabinet Is Originally From Imo by Nobody: 12:31pm On Dec 24, 2021
She did in Zamfara with no noise, let's see if her people will welcome her
Re: Sources: Commissioner Who Dumped Matawalle’s Cabinet Is Originally From Imo by omenkaLives(m): 12:43pm On Dec 24, 2021
Reno a couple of months ago, talked about the most intolerant and bigoted tribe in Nigeria. He was right!

Re: Sources: Commissioner Who Dumped Matawalle’s Cabinet Is Originally From Imo by Vistra40: 12:53pm On Dec 24, 2021
I see nothing wrong in the appointment
Re: Sources: Commissioner Who Dumped Matawalle’s Cabinet Is Originally From Imo by Vistra40: 12:56pm On Dec 24, 2021
omenkaLives:
Reno a couple of months ago, talked about the most intolerant and bigoted tribe in Nigeria. He was right!

He didn’t mention the name of any tribe. It is you who is making assumptions
Re: Sources: Commissioner Who Dumped Matawalle’s Cabinet Is Originally From Imo by BKayy: 12:57pm On Dec 24, 2021
ArewaNorth:

You are the most uncivilised Nigerians. How on earth can u always dwell on ethno-religious fanaticism for everything?
Always finding religious bigotry to support ur affairs, nonsense comment!
Then why on earth are you trying to impose your wife on us?
Not just a wife that retained her parents way of life or atleast one her maiden name but one who abandoned everything including her own name?

Call it whatever you like but even a fool can see through your ethno-religious manipulation.

Speaking of Religious bigotry, would she have held that post she did in Zamfara if she had kept the name her own father gave her?
Or if she had held on to her original religion?

The answer is NO

1 Like

Re: Sources: Commissioner Who Dumped Matawalle’s Cabinet Is Originally From Imo by SmartPolician: 1:00pm On Dec 24, 2021
This is shitty journalism at its best.

Why are Nigerian journalists so lazy?

If her father is a traditional ruler, everyone should know his name.

Get the name of the lady before she got married to the northerner, her father's name, and the local government she hails from.

That's how professional journalists work.

2 Likes

Re: Sources: Commissioner Who Dumped Matawalle’s Cabinet Is Originally From Imo by StreetFight: 2:10pm On Dec 24, 2021
Igbokid:

Good to know she is a proud Igbo Muslim.
Thank God Igbo Muslims are now taking their rightful place in the affairs of the Igbo nation .
The Igbo muslim renaissance has begun .

May chukwu okike abiama bless Igbo Muslim and Igbo Christians and may God also touch the hearts of Igbo Jews so that they can stop roasting and eating fellow Igbos

She is not an Igbo Muslim. She is an Igbo and naturally a Christian, but she is married to a Northern Muslim. Don't be clever by half. Igbos hate poor Northerner Almajaris, but the love the rich Northerners.
Re: Sources: Commissioner Who Dumped Matawalle’s Cabinet Is Originally From Imo by omenkaLives(m): 2:26pm On Dec 24, 2021
Vistra40:

He didn’t mention the name of any tribe. It is you who is making assumptions
You should check the comments on the tweet to know. He didnt mention but a particular people from a particular tribe were those who attacked him the most for the tweet, thinking it was a veiled reference to them.

Guilty conscience they say. wink

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ipob's Reactions When Super Eagles Play / Why Tinubu’s 2023 Presidential Ambition Could Lead To Massive Defection In APC / BREAKING: ISWAP Commander Abou Sadiquo Buorubouru Confirmed Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.