Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Times Are Really Hard For Most People - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Times Are Really Hard For Most People (21372 Views)

Why Do Most People Cook Rice On Sundays??? / Common Food Myths That Are Really Not True / Which Food Do You Hate That Most People Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Times Are Really Hard For Most People by Reference(m): 6:11pm On Dec 24, 2021
Simple.

Elections have serious consequences.
The citizens of other nations are diligent enough to ensure only those committed and capable of sustaining and promoting their welfare and quality of life are empowered to lead them and when they fall short are instantly punished with disempowerment.

The day Nigerians wake up to realise the relationship between their actions and their experiences then they will commit as much diligence to selecting and electing their leaders as they do any important relationship in life or any important decisions they take.

The cycle is almost complete and another opportunity beckons.
How well are Nigerians preparing to make the right choice in 2023....
It will determine the quality of the 'Christmases' up until 2027 at the very least because once we put them there we are just not competent enough as a people to direct them aright.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Times Are Really Hard For Most People by nedekid: 6:12pm On Dec 24, 2021
Dude397:
bro please can u help me out with 2k. I know I'm not entitled just begging. Every where red
Acc
Re: Times Are Really Hard For Most People by Iamolukorede(m): 6:12pm On Dec 24, 2021
And there is no country that as ever prospered either without a great leader or a popular revolt.

We are to docile here in the part of the world, things as serious and debilitating like these don't move us but when it comes to nonsense things like zazu Seh" and other manner of stupidity, you will see them the youth jumping and celebrating their mediocrity.

The problems of Nigeria are Nigerian's.

quote author=ednut1 post=108783544]We will never revolt the politicians know this, shame[/quote]

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Times Are Really Hard For Most People by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:14pm On Dec 24, 2021
If you know u are not a member (friends, family, cronies, business cronies, loyalists, loyalists) of these looting elite class, or someone that earns foreign currency, please I beg u stay indoors

Don't let these people confuse u into spending the small change that u have, remember new year subsidy removal is coming up.

It is not by force to copy the spending of those who probably looted.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Times Are Really Hard For Most People by Dude397(m): 6:16pm On Dec 24, 2021
Re: Times Are Really Hard For Most People by Nobody: 6:18pm On Dec 24, 2021
nedekid:

How much was kilo of turkey when this disaster came? Now if you don't lave 3k+ you cannot smell it.
Something I wanted to buy 2015 was 2m. By the time I saved 2m it was now 3.5m. By the time I saved 3.5 it bacame 5m! Getting 5m it has become 8.5m as at early this year! So I am saving again grin
It just reminds me of that felas song of the man that was saving to buy fan. grin
Rat race tins.
lol then how long can you keep saving, since it's keeps increasing.
What if you pay deposit for it if it's possible even if it's increases it won't affect you.

Anyway sir let me throw away my pride, buy chicken for me please cry

You guys are the "Have" in this country, bless us the "Have not"

2 Likes

Re: Times Are Really Hard For Most People by Iamolukorede(m): 6:18pm On Dec 24, 2021
I can tell you for a free that election in Nigeria is a cruise, who told you that vote still count or is it not that election of do or die affair.

Look, the structure this led administration is currently running is outrightly bad and nothing new you drop into such structures will work. You see those politicians are hell bent to destroy Nigeria that it must not seee the light of the day and the cycle continue.

No country as ever prospered either without a great leader nor a popular revolt. Until Nigeria wakes up to be part of their dividend of democracy the cruise continue.

Reference:
Simple.

The citizens of other nations are diligent enough to ensure only those committed and capable of sustaining and promoting their welfare and quality of life are empowered to lead them and when they fall short are punished with disempowerment.

The day Nigerians wake up to realise the relationship between their actions and their experiences then they will commit as much diligence to selecting and electing their leaders as they do any important relationship in life or any important decisions they take.

It will determine the quality of the 'Christmases' up until 2027 at the very least because once we put them there we are just not competent enough as a people to direct them aright.

4 Likes

Re: Times Are Really Hard For Most People by ollybasa: 6:19pm On Dec 24, 2021
Omo this suffering no be hear. God should help us. I used to send money to people every December but today by myself l can't buy rice to eat now. Am not begging anyway.

3 Likes

Re: Times Are Really Hard For Most People by J3susFr3ak: 6:19pm On Dec 24, 2021
Moonie911:
Except for food, many Nigerians are not buying anything, everywhere is very hard.
Normally Christmas used to be jovial, very fun, with decorations everywhere but now even to buy chicken is very hard, they will say one chicken is 8k to 13k.

Some are even selling for 15k, where are we going in this country, how can the common man survive.
The rich keep getting richer and the poor getting poorer.

I don't know where favour will locate me, someone pleases bless me this Christmas

Joseph Stalin was one of the most brutal Soviet Dictators to live. There is this viral item of interest around something he did online. Whether it is true or not, it sort of describes the leadership of this country and the mentality of the exasperated people who just "follow".

5 Likes

Re: Times Are Really Hard For Most People by Kobojunkie: 6:20pm On Dec 24, 2021
seyz91:
Na the multipying part worse pass as couple that struggle to eat still be borning like pigs
Sheer wickedness! undecided

4 Likes

Re: Times Are Really Hard For Most People by Richvibes1997: 6:21pm On Dec 24, 2021
emmanuelbrown26:
This should be a propaganda by the enemies of the country
This is a propaganda by the wailers
Same propaganda by the 5%
Propaganda from PDP
Propaganda by dot circle people
Una never see anything, sai baba carry go jare. Amadioha punish anybody that voted for this useless govt and at d same time complaining.
I swear some Nigerians are very stupid
Re: Times Are Really Hard For Most People by NairaMaster1(m): 6:22pm On Dec 24, 2021
Olumighty123:
Guys this is crazy, I grew up without money but I didn't grew up hungry, what's going on in this country is out of control. I mean there's so many people suffering from hunger, I mean seeing people who don't know when they going to receive their next meal or if they going to see their next meal, it's crazy!!

You can say that again. However, most of them voted Buhari twice. They will do that again and again.

2 Likes

Re: Times Are Really Hard For Most People by SGANIVA(m): 6:24pm On Dec 24, 2021
I will help you with one condition, you are in the east and ready to learn any hand work of your choice

1 Like

Re: Times Are Really Hard For Most People by ugnoble: 6:24pm On Dec 24, 2021
Times are hard IMHO!

Saw about three shoe cobblers today who were really hungry (like seriously hungry). They hadn't work since morning till when I saw them, and so they had to result to begging so they could eat.
Had to take them an eatery (mama put) so they could at least eat and get strength to work ( you really need to see the smiles on their face; it was really golden)
No be say me sef get too much, but then I had to help lest person die of hunger.

15 Likes

Re: Times Are Really Hard For Most People by Nobody: 6:33pm On Dec 24, 2021
J3susFr3ak:

Joseph Stalin was one of the most brutal Soviet Dictators to live. There is this virile item of interest around something he did online. Whether it is true or not, it sort of describes the leadership of this country and the mentality of the exasperated people who just "follow".

you are so right, I remember the election they did in my hometown, it was a chairmanship election.
So me and this my neighbor already have someone in mind to vote, a very credible person.
Getting there, some guys were sharing 2500, that was how my neighbor tun 360 degree and voted for the other guy.
I confronted her but she told me that "na money wey she see na she dey folow" and that is her enjoyment from the government.

This is the same person complaining bitterly now, many people usually focus on the short term when making decisions not knowing "long term" should always be our focus.

The 2500 didn't even last for 2 days but she is suffering for 4 years

12 Likes

Re: Times Are Really Hard For Most People by Whodeyhouse(m): 6:35pm On Dec 24, 2021
Abeg someone should help me too

3025905713 Polaris bank

God bless you
Re: Times Are Really Hard For Most People by Onedayoneday: 6:35pm On Dec 24, 2021
Joygift3666:
Na so no acct no.

Account
Re: Times Are Really Hard For Most People by Whodeyhouse(m): 6:36pm On Dec 24, 2021
nedekid:

Acc

Boss abeg even if na 1k

3025905713. Polaris bank

Thank you so much
Re: Times Are Really Hard For Most People by Whodeyhouse(m): 6:38pm On Dec 24, 2021
ISelectMySins:

I sent you 1k in the spirit of Christmas.

Boss even if na 1k please help me too

3025905713 Polaris bank

Thanks
Re: Times Are Really Hard For Most People by Dude397(m): 6:38pm On Dec 24, 2021
Re: Times Are Really Hard For Most People by AlabiKILLER2021(m): 6:45pm On Dec 24, 2021
Elsueno:
Well, currently home, gonna spend the holidays with ma parents..... one of the perks of being single is chopping mummy thank you once in a while wink

grin I am not freeloading grin

A moocher

Freeloading off your parents tongue

1 Like

Re: Times Are Really Hard For Most People by Olumighty123(m): 6:49pm On Dec 24, 2021
As it is, I've started planning on the payment of my children school fees, couple with house rent, dues in March, I pray things turn out good in the end.

9 Likes

Re: Times Are Really Hard For Most People by Adefolarin1: 6:58pm On Dec 24, 2021
To even see what to eat tonight is like looking for needle in a haystack, talkless of tomorrow Christmas day, please i need help, even if it is 500 abeg.
0017893359, GTBANK

4 Likes

Re: Times Are Really Hard For Most People by Crafteck1: 6:59pm On Dec 24, 2021
Olumighty123:
Guys this is crazy, I grew up without money but I didn't grew up hungry, what's going on in this country is out of control. I mean there's so many people suffering from hunger, I mean seeing people who don't know when they going to receive their next meal or if they going to see their next meal, it's crazy!!

I thought i was the only one that noticed

1 Like

Re: Times Are Really Hard For Most People by AlphaMale666: 7:02pm On Dec 24, 2021
Suffering and smiling monkeys. So far you're not ready to fight to the death for the betterment of your country then you'll continue to suffer forever. Nigerians are cowards and cheaters in nature and deserve all the suffering! See them all running to first world like stupid cowards! One way or the other you'll still come back to your country because no place can be better than your hometown. You'll still miss something about your country and come back. Even all the first world countries you're seeing all fought for their countries. Wars, sacrifices, discipline and death is what made countries like the USA what it is today! If you want change & freedom, you have to fight for it! Even if it cost your life! That's what true patriotism is all about.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Times Are Really Hard For Most People by Hassanmaye(m): 7:03pm On Dec 24, 2021
Olumighty123:
May God save us in this God forsaken country please! Nigeria is so endowed with natural resources, but look at us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Times Are Really Hard For Most People by Hassanmaye(m): 7:05pm On Dec 24, 2021
PIPPROF:
Everywhere dry
One of the worst Christmas ever

APC should just leave in 2023

lipsrsealed undecided

Hahahhahahaha
Re: Times Are Really Hard For Most People by Salvofthesouth(m): 7:07pm On Dec 24, 2021
Reference:
Simple.

The citizens of other nations are diligent enough to ensure only those committed and capable of sustaining and promoting their welfare and quality of life are empowered to lead them and when they fall short are instantly punished with disempowerment.

No amount of preparation by Nigerians can change anything. Buhari will deploy the military to shoot you to victory while apc in the south west will use their thugs to attack where Igbo/IPOB voters have more concentrated.
The only sane people that have ever tried during Nigerian elections are the south east and south south and some parts of middle belts regions.
And I see this playing out again except that this time around the South East will not be voting and there will be very low turn out in the south south region.
The Northerners and South Westerners put all of us in this mess.
Buhari till 2030

1 Like

Re: Times Are Really Hard For Most People by ufotty2001: 7:08pm On Dec 24, 2021
gambia:

Just ghost her.
when I go japa .. her eyes go clear...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Looks Like My Sweet Corn Is Fake. / What Food Is Your Town Or State Known For? / A Shitty Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.