Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,392 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

12 Weird And Funny Laws In Some Places Around The World - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 12 Weird And Funny Laws In Some Places Around The World (2605 Views)

5 Most Powerful Laws In The World That You Should Know / 5 Strange Laws In Countries That Are Seriously Funny / These Are Haunted Places Around The World That You Will Not Even Dream To Visit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

12 Weird And Funny Laws In Some Places Around The World by Lastlook: 10:54pm On Dec 24, 2021
Laws; those rules and standards that govern our behaviors. Most are practical, but some strike one as funny and impractical, or at the least very weird. Check out these 15 weird laws and customs in some places.

1. In Russia, you cannot brush your teeth more than twice a day.
The valetudinarian that cares too much about his teeth would run into trouble in Russia, as the law does not allow people to brush their teeth more than twice a day. How would they know if you did break this rule?

Leave that to them.

2. In Switzerland, you can not flush your toilet after 10 pm.
You wake up at midnight with a bad stomach, but you're in Switzerland. Sorry friend, the law does not allow you to flush your toilet after using it. You would have to leave the whole thing till the next morning.

3. In Toronto, Canada, you can not climb a tree.
So you love climbing trees and enjoying the view from up there? Say goodbye to your hobby the moment you get into Toronto.

4. In Argentina, you can not name your child "Messi"
There's no football fan that does not at least admire the skill of the veteran, Leonel Messi. You can show your love for him in many ways, but in Argentina, the star's hometown, you can not go as far as naming your child Messi. You would be compelled by law to change it.

5. In Mexico, there is a list of 61 names that you can not name your child.
While Argentina only bans you from using one name for your child, Mexico made a full list of 61 names that you must never name your child. The names include Batman, Hitler, Rambo, James Bond, Facebook, Twitter.

6. In Georgia, your chicken can not cross the road.
No, this is not because anyone would steal your chicken. The government of Georgia just wants you to keep your chicken out of harm and protect the public peace. Expect a fine if that rooster of yours gets bold enough to cross the road to get to the other side.

7. In Singapore, you can not chew gum.
So you cannot go a day without gnashing your teeth on that unlucky piece of gum?
You ran out of luck the instant you stepped into Singapore, for the government bans the manufacture, sale, purchase, and consumption of chewing gums.

8. In Norway, you must accept a fistfight challenge or pay a fine.
If you hate boxing, or simply do not want to put yourself in danger, then you might get into trouble in Norway. If a person challenges you to a fistfight and you decline, then the law requires you to pay a fine of four deer.

How would you get a deer? You might wonder. Relax, the law has not been practiced for decades now.

9. In Spain, you can not build castles in the sand.
Warn your kids against building Sandcastles in Spain. You would be fined if the authorities get wind of it. This law is also in place in Eraclea, Italy.

10. In Rome and Turin, you must walk your dog every day.
The Italians must care a lot about their dogs because, in two of their cities, you must take out your dogs for a walk ---Everyday.
The law is even worse in Turin, where the walk must me three times a day. That's a heck of a work. Think twice before getting a dog in these two cities.

11. In Scotland, you must let a stranger use your toilet if he knocks on your door and asks.
The Scots must be very hospitable. The old law of theirs make obliges you to allow a complete stranger to use your toilet if he knocks and asks.

12. In Huntington, West Virginia, you can beat your wife in public on Sunday.
This is perhaps the weirdest and most sexist law you have ever heard of. So long as it is in public and on a Sunday, people of Huntington can beat the crap out of their wives.

Why would they do that?

SOURCE: https://www.reditory.com/lists/12-weird-and-funny-laws-in-some-places-around-the-world-349
AUTHOR: https://www.reditory.com/@Ghost

5 Likes

Re: 12 Weird And Funny Laws In Some Places Around The World by Lastlook: 10:58pm On Dec 24, 2021
Please add yours.
Re: 12 Weird And Funny Laws In Some Places Around The World by Irupetepete: 11:04pm On Dec 24, 2021
That 12 if for naija men that has been humiliated abroad..
You go just mellow till one Sunday like that and just turn her to handicap

8 Likes

Re: 12 Weird And Funny Laws In Some Places Around The World by Okunolaniyi: 11:09pm On Dec 24, 2021
Not bad
Re: 12 Weird And Funny Laws In Some Places Around The World by tuclap(m): 12:03am On Dec 25, 2021
13. In Nigeria, you must not critisize the government or the ruling party. If you do that, expect to be kidnapped and killed

8 Likes

Re: 12 Weird And Funny Laws In Some Places Around The World by Tallesty1(m): 1:24am On Dec 25, 2021
It is illegal to walk around with no money in your pocket in Kenya.

It's illegal to renounce Islam in Mauritania. If you fail to repent within 3 days, you will be sentenced to death

2 Likes

Re: 12 Weird And Funny Laws In Some Places Around The World by padi94(m): 7:41am On Dec 25, 2021
Weird...
Re: 12 Weird And Funny Laws In Some Places Around The World by FahBuLous: 8:10am On Dec 25, 2021
In North Korea, their citizens are not allowed to laugh for 11 days...

They are mourning their past emperor or something...

3 Likes

Re: 12 Weird And Funny Laws In Some Places Around The World by tobechi20(m): 8:55am On Dec 25, 2021
In Nigeria you cannot name your child buhari

2 Likes

Re: 12 Weird And Funny Laws In Some Places Around The World by emmy512: 9:21am On Dec 25, 2021
I already practice law number 2.
I don't flush at night.
Just don't like the sound of poop or water going through the pipes .

Sane way I hate the sound from a steel chair being dragged on tiles

1 Like

Re: 12 Weird And Funny Laws In Some Places Around The World by Nobody: 9:31am On Dec 25, 2021
In Sarpourenx, France it's illegal to die without purchasing a burial plot in the local cemetery. shocked

1 Like

Re: 12 Weird And Funny Laws In Some Places Around The World by Lastlook: 9:46am On Dec 25, 2021
emmy512:
I don't flush at night.

This worried me a lot. I can't even stand it for some seconds. I thought, I am the only one.

" Sane way I hate the sound from a steel chair being dragged on tiles"
Re: 12 Weird And Funny Laws In Some Places Around The World by elotajohn1(m): 10:11am On Dec 25, 2021
grin
Re: 12 Weird And Funny Laws In Some Places Around The World by Mide1data: 10:46am On Dec 25, 2021
HOLY SHIT

In 9ja, some laws must not be followed.
1. No part of 9ja must be ruled by a religion. The north have hisbah.
2. It is the child decision whether to go to sch after jss3. Try that with yr parents and tell me the outcome.
3. President must perform their manifesto. Jonathan and bubu, atleast jona was better.
4. Age of consent is 18. The north marries at the age of 8.
5. Freedom of speech. Ogun state governor suspended a teacher 4 criticizing his work.
6. Citizen have right to peaceful protest. You know what will happen if ya protest.
and so on. Feel free to hit the like and share button.

WHAT DA BLEEP IS HAPPENING

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 Weird And Funny Laws In Some Places Around The World by Yuakwon3: 11:32am On Dec 25, 2021
In Nigeria: it's NAIRA

N: NEVER
A: ALLOW
I : IGBO
R: RULE
A: AGAIN
retirement age is 65yrs and our political leaders age can't be anything less than 85yrs but can bring it down to 65 once you're in office. NEPA bills can be used as school certificate
You become a police officer in Nigeria with primary school certificate, then become a nuisance to the public.......I just want to mention few

1 Like

Re: 12 Weird And Funny Laws In Some Places Around The World by olu77(m): 12:34pm On Dec 25, 2021
It is illegal to wear lace undies in Russia

You dare not wear anything camouflage in Nigeria if you don't want to become suya for military boys

It is illegal to wear anything considered inappropriate in the northern Nigeria if you are not a politician daughter or a rich man's daughter

It is illegal to mess in malawi

It is illegal for mannequins to be naked or dress inappropriately in some part of the north too to avoid unavoidable erections
Re: 12 Weird And Funny Laws In Some Places Around The World by PrinceFaith035: 12:39pm On Dec 25, 2021
emmy512:
I don't flush at night.

Well me I'll simply say that habit of yours is a dirty one.. Leaving your WC unflushed overnight sounds disgusting

I feel same about the steel chair tho
Re: 12 Weird And Funny Laws In Some Places Around The World by Joeyfizzo: 2:55pm On Dec 25, 2021
No 1 is a lie....I skooled in Russia
Re: 12 Weird And Funny Laws In Some Places Around The World by Moeman: 3:42pm On Dec 25, 2021
add pics and video or i dont belive it
Re: 12 Weird And Funny Laws In Some Places Around The World by Tonymegabush1(m): 3:47pm On Dec 25, 2021
That number 11, if you practice it in Nigeria just ready for total disobedience
Re: 12 Weird And Funny Laws In Some Places Around The World by Bunmhi(f): 3:56pm On Dec 25, 2021
Funny grin
Re: 12 Weird And Funny Laws In Some Places Around The World by Mr2wealth: 4:19pm On Dec 25, 2021
In Nigeria, it is not by force to brush your teeth. If you brush more than 3 time, na you sabi grin
Re: 12 Weird And Funny Laws In Some Places Around The World by Nobody: 7:11pm On Dec 25, 2021
and our mighty law. to prevent fornication in kano city
Re: 12 Weird And Funny Laws In Some Places Around The World by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 9:02pm On Dec 25, 2021
emmy512:
I don't flush at night.

The later gets me so irritated.
Re: 12 Weird And Funny Laws In Some Places Around The World by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 9:02pm On Dec 25, 2021
Natureangel:
In Sarpourenx, France it's illegal to die without purchasing a burial plot in the local cemetery. shocked

Like seriously?
Re: 12 Weird And Funny Laws In Some Places Around The World by anthonyuncle(m): 9:08am On Dec 26, 2021
that number 12 na wa o.

make 9ja men no hear am o.
if not, most of them go sell off their assets, use their last card relocate to that place and wait for Sundays

(1) (Reply)

Female Graduate Wows The Internet With Her Shoemaking Skills (photos) / Ican Ats Iii Course Outline / National Open University Of Nigeria (noun)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.