Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

My Encounter With MOSBUS - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / My Encounter With MOSBUS (635 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Encounter With MOSBUS by alienvirus: 8:40am On Dec 25, 2021
I have been online for a while now and I frequent cars and autos sections where people like Gazzuzz have helped with remote solutions to issues that could have made me free bank to our traditional mechanics (Kazeems).

I have an Avalon 2002 which developed an overheating issue on my way to work one morning. I quickly parked, topped the water ( I had no coolant) and moved. This became recurrent. I took the car to a carwash to clean the radiator. The issue appeared stopped. One afternoon, I embarked on a 4hr journey around June this year. As I was helpless on the road, I met a mechanic who recommended me to visit a rewire who could bypass temp regulator. I first disagreed with the solution as I have read a lot on Nairaland about the disadvantages of doing such but due to me being on a journey, I had no choice. Eventually it was bypassed and everything looked fine. My journey went well and I came back 5 days after. This problem became recurrent. I began to consider selling off the car. I parked it at home for months except for some occasional outing in the neighborhood. I got really sad because the issue had resulted to AC not getting cold any longer and the overheating would start after few mins of driving with AC on. if I turned off the AC, the temp would come down.

I have been a follower of MOSBUS on Nairaland and some other engineers that appeared competent. I decided to engage him. I called him on phone, we had an arrangement to meet him in his workshop. I got there very early in the morning. Though he came a bit late but this guy was full of apologies whenever I called him to come quickly. Eventually, he came. He didn't even ask how I got his contact. He was after was getting solution to the issue. I had to tell him myself how I got him. The first thing I noticed when he came was that he came with 2 cars following him (maybe they all got there by coincidence). He quickly came to me to apologize for his lateness and explained the reason for that. He jumped into work with other two cars while he was listening to my explanation and recommending what he needed to do. Another thing I noticed was that the aura of the environment changed upon his arrival. Everyone was greeting him with his nickname (Amuletutu). He was always smiling. I told him I couldn't wait any longer but I would drop the car with him and we would talk. He agreed. I asked about advance payment. He said I shouldn't worry about that until he finished his job. Wow. I was happy to let him handle everything. I met a rewire there too who I engaged with my ABS issue (spongy brake on motion).

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With MOSBUS by Valleys(m): 8:50am On Dec 25, 2021
It's good to patronise competent people no matter the charges.
Re: My Encounter With MOSBUS by alienvirus: 8:52am On Dec 25, 2021
He tested if everything was ok with the AC. It was okay only that he needed to change the filter. Despite his tight schedule which I saw with many cars he was attending to at the same time, he took the car to a carwash to flush the radiator. He was doing the video, sending it to me. He called me severally with his money to give me updates. A very wonderful man. Very calm and soft-spoken. A very truthful guy with great attitude. When he finished the flushing. He only drove for few mins and the overheating started again. He called and said we needed to change the radiator. I was so convinced about his competence to handle it. I never asked him why. He made me to understand that

1. We needed to change the radiator
2. We needed to return the temp regulator. I was happy he suggested that.
3. Change the cabin filter of the AC.

That was all. I asked him to let me send the money for the radiator which he agreed. The following day, he told me the car was ok that I should come for it. I got there in the afternoon and checked. I could not ascertain if what he did was okay and rewire ABS solution too until I hit the road and met traffic. He assured I could go. I told him I needed coolant for the car. He recommended one which he poured into the radiator himself.

I hit the road around 6:30pm and got home around 8:00pm. The overheating had disappeared. The AC was too cold to bear on the first fan speed. Till I got home, not even a little headache. The car moved like when I just got it as toks. I was happy engaged this wonderful guy. I don't mind going back to the workshop if I have anything to do with my car again. I hope he has more hands to help him and bigger space to operate. His charges were reasonable. He made me very comfortable.

Mind you, he didn't know I was going to write this. He is the type of people that we need to handle our cars not some pompous and overhyped engineers. He always has a lot of job all the time. But be rest assured that he is a good guy to try.

Thanks so much Mr Amuletutu. You are a wonderful man.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Encounter With MOSBUS by alienvirus: 12:00pm On Dec 25, 2021
Valleys:
It's good to patronise competent people no matter the charges.

Exactly
Re: My Encounter With MOSBUS by 2special(m): 12:22pm On Dec 25, 2021
I'm confused who to patronise between autologic and MOSBUS, my Toyota Camry overheat whenever I put on the AC
Re: My Encounter With MOSBUS by toyeoye(m): 1:09am On Dec 29, 2021
Oya!!! Tiri gbosa for @mosbus
Re: My Encounter With MOSBUS by cmoney22222: 7:47am On Dec 29, 2021
Auto logic na baba oo
2special:
I'm confused who to patronise between autologic and MOSBUS, my Toyota Camry overheat whenever I put on the AC
Re: My Encounter With MOSBUS by alienvirus: 9:13am On Dec 29, 2021
2special:

Exactly the the problem I faced for a long time. MOSBUS solved it. Tested and endorsed.

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With MOSBUS by etech: 9:11pm On Dec 29, 2021
MUSBOS is very reliable and he knows what he’s doing no guess work.

I remember him fixing my Nissan AC issues that year very cool and honest guy.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Lexus Rx350 2012 Model Forsale(used) / Super Clean Giveaway Rx330 In Perfect Condition 2.750k / Spotless Tokunbo 2009 Toyota Corolla Le

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.