Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,583 members, 7,827,170 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

Railway Operators Ignore FG Free-Ride Directive, Sell Tickets At Inflated Prices - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Railway Operators Ignore FG Free-Ride Directive, Sell Tickets At Inflated Prices (18031 Views)

FG Announces Free Ride On Port Harcourt-Aba Railway From May 1-4 / FG Declares 2-month Free Ride As Osinbajo Flags Off Lagos -abeokuta Rail Feb.6 / Abuja Metro Railway: Residents To Enjoy Two Weeks Of Free Ride (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Railway Operators Ignore FG Free-Ride Directive, Sell Tickets At Inflated Prices by fergie001: 5:20pm On Dec 25, 2021
poiZon:

Happy Christmas my guys...
Any unused fowl?
grin grin

We don give am out..... cheesy
Re: Railway Operators Ignore FG Free-Ride Directive, Sell Tickets At Inflated Prices by Lindodo20: 5:23pm On Dec 25, 2021
aremuforlife:
Nigerian Middle men are the major problem of this great country, they will look for a way to make money from any chance

It's a mentality. Every Nigerian is a middleman, it all depends on how much opportunity he gets to practice as one

3 Likes

Re: Railway Operators Ignore FG Free-Ride Directive, Sell Tickets At Inflated Prices by MrPADDY(m): 5:23pm On Dec 25, 2021
Did anybody believe there would be free train ride even when the president said so? Audio free train ride.
Re: Railway Operators Ignore FG Free-Ride Directive, Sell Tickets At Inflated Prices by otokx(m): 5:27pm On Dec 25, 2021
mfm04622:

The ticket for Abuja to Kaduna Line is fully automated! Fully!
They buy up the ticket and then resell at a high markup!

A fully automated system can restrict racketeering. e.g When an IP address/ATM card buys more than 4 tickets it should be prevented from buying again.

There are other checks in place that can prevent racketeering.

1 Like

Re: Railway Operators Ignore FG Free-Ride Directive, Sell Tickets At Inflated Prices by heniford2: 5:29pm On Dec 25, 2021
Time to cashout snap the fed free notice stuff and get a good lawyer sue them boom!! Snap also ticket sell to you undecided
Re: Railway Operators Ignore FG Free-Ride Directive, Sell Tickets At Inflated Prices by Mavor: 5:35pm On Dec 25, 2021
Why is ticketing not automated and put online? So people can purchase through web app or the internet? Everything na racket for this country.
Re: Railway Operators Ignore FG Free-Ride Directive, Sell Tickets At Inflated Prices by Twoclans(f): 5:35pm On Dec 25, 2021
When the government declared free tickets I knew it was going to be a big issue to implement.

Yes Tickets are sold online,since its free it makes it very easy for ticket jackers to buy everything online then wait at the train stations to sell to desperate travellers at any price they want to

We are our own problem in this country.

3 Likes

Re: Railway Operators Ignore FG Free-Ride Directive, Sell Tickets At Inflated Prices by 27Pushing30: 6:01pm On Dec 25, 2021
Why will a sane person declare FREE rides on Xmas day...

It’s a business!
Re: Railway Operators Ignore FG Free-Ride Directive, Sell Tickets At Inflated Prices by baggioni: 6:05pm On Dec 25, 2021
poiZon:

Because the system allows nigerians to be cheat.
No be you and I dey in charge of the system?? The system does not run itself, we run it the way we desire either to outsmart it or otherwise
Re: Railway Operators Ignore FG Free-Ride Directive, Sell Tickets At Inflated Prices by mfm04622: 6:06pm On Dec 25, 2021
otokx:

A fully automated system can restrict racketeering. e.g When an IP address/ATM card buys more than 4 tickets it should be prevented from buying again.

There are other checks in place that can prevent racketeering.

You don't know these people! In Fact, the system limit the number of tickets you can buy.
Re: Railway Operators Ignore FG Free-Ride Directive, Sell Tickets At Inflated Prices by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:12pm On Dec 25, 2021
Twoclans:
When the government declared free tickets I knew it was going to be a big issue to implement.

Yes Tickets are sold online,since its free it makes it very easy for ticket jackers to buy everything online then wait at the train stations to sell to desperate travellers at any price they want to

We are our own problem in this country.

But there are officials at those stations na... Even if they wanted to resell, the difference is just too much, from 2k to 8k... Kilode, even God is Good motors didn't increase their fare at that percentage

1 Like

Re: Railway Operators Ignore FG Free-Ride Directive, Sell Tickets At Inflated Prices by Iamolukorede(m): 6:20pm On Dec 25, 2021
You must be speaking from the other side of your brain, what is here to be deceived about. You are seeing it happening right to your face, yet the country is in shambles and this one is typing gutter talk on a faceless forum.

You must be suffering from conglemeration of phycological malady.

This is another youth supporting this colossal administration after he was paid #1500 I don't have sympathy for pple like you, you are jus poor both mentally and physically I already know, I don't need any astrologer to say it to me.

quote author=SirLakes post=108808773]

If FG didn't ask them to collect money they won't. That announcement was to decieve gullible people like yu grin[/quote]
Re: Railway Operators Ignore FG Free-Ride Directive, Sell Tickets At Inflated Prices by Tareq1105: 6:21pm On Dec 25, 2021
EmekaBlue:
Circular everywhere

Abeg please don't just support this government with fake promises

That's Nigerians for you. Buhari would not know. Passengers should not buy tickets and remain there to cause trouble.

That's the only way those boys would stop the nonsense.

Nigerians should help Buhari and themselves in enforcing the law / directive.

2 Likes

Re: Railway Operators Ignore FG Free-Ride Directive, Sell Tickets At Inflated Prices by billyG(m): 6:22pm On Dec 25, 2021
Who takes directives from lifeless goon.
Re: Railway Operators Ignore FG Free-Ride Directive, Sell Tickets At Inflated Prices by Qoko: 6:41pm On Dec 25, 2021
When the President of a country is not in charge
Re: Railway Operators Ignore FG Free-Ride Directive, Sell Tickets At Inflated Prices by Twoclans(f): 7:08pm On Dec 25, 2021
Yampotatocarrot:

But there are officials at those stations na... Even if they wanted to resell, the difference is just too much, from 2k to 8k... Kilode, even God is Good motors didn't increase their fare at that percentage

Yes there are officials ,they are part of the perpetrators .Meanwhile train ticket from Abuja to Kaduna is 3,000 for regular coach,2,000 for minors and 6,000 for VIP.

That road route is a very dangerous one,they know people will pay anything not to be on that road .
Re: Railway Operators Ignore FG Free-Ride Directive, Sell Tickets At Inflated Prices by Ttjj: 7:11pm On Dec 25, 2021
Really
Re: Railway Operators Ignore FG Free-Ride Directive, Sell Tickets At Inflated Prices by otokx(m): 7:12pm On Dec 25, 2021
Twoclans:

Yes there are officials ,they are part of the perpetrators .Meanwhile train ticket from Abuja to Kaduna is 3,000 for regular coach,2,000 for minors and 6,000 for VIP.

That road route is a very dangerous one,they know people will pay anything not to be on that road .

The minister of transport should contract tickets handling to a 3rd party company who must insist on NIN to purchase tickets let us see how they will racket that.

CCTV should be deployed all over the place.

1 Like

Re: Railway Operators Ignore FG Free-Ride Directive, Sell Tickets At Inflated Prices by Handsum64: 7:18pm On Dec 25, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
This showing that Buhari is not in control. This is really sad .
Of course
He is not in control of criminals
Re: Railway Operators Ignore FG Free-Ride Directive, Sell Tickets At Inflated Prices by kay29000(m): 7:40pm On Dec 25, 2021
dapolaw:
I took Ibadan to Lagos yesterday, free of charge.

Thanks for this... At least some good news. I know this government has been messing up, but it seems some people are always happy when they read bad news about the country.

1 Like

Re: Railway Operators Ignore FG Free-Ride Directive, Sell Tickets At Inflated Prices by UnabashedIPOB: 7:41pm On Dec 25, 2021
This is your ONE NIGERIA! Thieves and fraudsters everywhere!
Re: Railway Operators Ignore FG Free-Ride Directive, Sell Tickets At Inflated Prices by tonyson010(m): 7:50pm On Dec 25, 2021
otokx:
Until the process is fully automated, things like this should be expected.

I booked it for free today for someone.
Re: Railway Operators Ignore FG Free-Ride Directive, Sell Tickets At Inflated Prices by delpee(f): 7:53pm On Dec 25, 2021
Why is it free on the Lagos-Ibadan route and costly on the Kaduna Abuja route? Same directive, different implementation styles.
Re: Railway Operators Ignore FG Free-Ride Directive, Sell Tickets At Inflated Prices by whysquaree(m): 8:02pm On Dec 25, 2021
Alaye nothing was defiled.... I followed that train today... Idu (Abuja) - Kaduna ... And it was free ...
Maybe this that bought it actually bought from black market m

3 Likes

Re: Railway Operators Ignore FG Free-Ride Directive, Sell Tickets At Inflated Prices by kay29000(m): 8:41pm On Dec 25, 2021
bobbiiee:
Am not of the opinion that this is not true. Can those that board trains during this period send the picture of tickets.

Exactly! How can people pay 12k for train rides that they normally pay 2k for. It just doesn't make sense to me.
Re: Railway Operators Ignore FG Free-Ride Directive, Sell Tickets At Inflated Prices by Jonegonu: 8:43pm On Dec 25, 2021
EmekaBlue:
The useless government just gave a directive instruction without anything in place like say na so things dey work

walahi this Apc led government are so useless but not totally useless atleast They can be used as a bad example to others
if you don't no what to why not you stay quite. What is else do you want the government to do, why not you guys stand on right

1 Like

Re: Railway Operators Ignore FG Free-Ride Directive, Sell Tickets At Inflated Prices by yusluvad(m): 8:55pm On Dec 25, 2021
EmekaBlue:
Circular everywhere

Abeg please don't just support this government with fake promises
Buhari government is full of fake promises...

1 Like

Re: Railway Operators Ignore FG Free-Ride Directive, Sell Tickets At Inflated Prices by dapolaw(m): 8:55pm On Dec 25, 2021
Are you happy now? The first picture was me, and the second was with my kids at the train station while we were waiting to board.

faste:
Show us proofs!liar !!!!!

1 Like

Re: Railway Operators Ignore FG Free-Ride Directive, Sell Tickets At Inflated Prices by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:58pm On Dec 25, 2021
Twoclans:

True, there's no way such will be going on without the officials being involved. Even more annoying is the fact that its happening in the capital city where the ministry is headquartered

Your second paragraph though. They're reaping off the desperation of people to travel.
Re: Railway Operators Ignore FG Free-Ride Directive, Sell Tickets At Inflated Prices by chaloskyx: 9:22pm On Dec 25, 2021
lol no be naija lawless country
Re: Railway Operators Ignore FG Free-Ride Directive, Sell Tickets At Inflated Prices by Effybaba(m): 9:42pm On Dec 25, 2021
I boarded a train from kogi state today free to warri before continuing to portharcourt.

dre11:
Railway Operators Ignore Nigerian Government's Free-ride Directive, Sell Tickets At Inflated Prices

http://saharareporters.com/2021/12/25/railway-operators-ignore-nigerian-governments-free-ride-directive-sell-tickets-inflated

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Umar Tudunwada Dies In Road Accident / Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport Enugu: The Realities, Politics And New Hope / Admiralty-lekki-ikoyi Bridge: What Is The Solution To Regular Traffic There?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.