Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,161 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Onuachu Out, Ighalo In: Eguavoen Releases Final Squad List For AFCON 2021 - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Onuachu Out, Ighalo In: Eguavoen Releases Final Squad List For AFCON 2021 (35974 Views)

Odion Ighalo In A Manchester United Shirt (First Picture) / Odion Ighalo In Man United Jersey In Throw Back Picture! / Odion Ighalo And Wife, Sonia Adesuwa Ighalo In Similar Outfits In New Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onuachu Out, Ighalo In: Eguavoen Releases Final Squad List For AFCON 2021 by yoged(m): 11:54pm On Dec 25, 2021
SmartyPants:

What is a defensive midfielders business with goal and assist?
no mind am.a lot of them doesn't know jack about football
Re: Onuachu Out, Ighalo In: Eguavoen Releases Final Squad List For AFCON 2021 by betshopagent(m): 12:05am On Dec 26, 2021
Amotolongbo:
Ahmed Musa, Odion Ighalo and Alex Iwobi should not be found on that list.
plus akpei daniel

1 Like

Re: Onuachu Out, Ighalo In: Eguavoen Releases Final Squad List For AFCON 2021 by Ajibade123(m): 12:07am On Dec 26, 2021
ValeeLove:
you mean Ahmed Musa, one of our best strikers for years and former captain(or is he still current), Odion Ighalo, highest goal scorer at last AFCON and Iwobi our best international player. Why now?
iwobi best international player??
you dy smoke fr
Re: Onuachu Out, Ighalo In: Eguavoen Releases Final Squad List For AFCON 2021 by optimusprime2(m): 12:42am On Dec 26, 2021
Amotolongbo:
Ahmed Musa, Odion Ighalo and Alex Iwobi should not be found on that list.

What position does Alex Iwobi play in (Keep it in mind, he is left footed)?
If you can answer this question correctly, then you will know why Alex Iwobi is the third most important player on that SE list.

The only player I have serious questions about, is Ahmed Musa (I can name 3 players on the squad who can do what he does, even better)...

As for Ighalo, I understand why he is important. The current super eagles squad has no true 9 except Ighalo, who is a true 9.

If you look at heat maps of True 9's, they are very comfortable receiving passes in the middle of the feild, and playing with their back to goal. All the players we have now, are more comfortable operating from the flanks and carrying to the middle (with the exception of Kelechi Iheanacho and Alex Iwobi who can do that, but are not actual 9's)

If you love football Analysis, I'd encourage you to Google heat maps of all super eagles players, the stats will shock you.

I compared heat maps between Odion Ighalo during his last complete season in China and Oshimen's heat map from 2019/20 season.
Ighalo received 93% of passes in the opposition penalty area, while Oshimen is a 50% case of moving from the right flank to attack (he is fast and physical, so he can easily do it) however as a predator in the box, it's a 40% affair. Oshimen is most dangerous when he drives into the box, than operating as a fox in the box (which is what a true 9 is).

This shows Ighalo is the more natural 9. The main reason he was brought to Manchester United.

Research yourself

2 Likes

Re: Onuachu Out, Ighalo In: Eguavoen Releases Final Squad List For AFCON 2021 by greenprince(m): 1:11am On Dec 26, 2021
femicyrus:

plus Daniel akpeyi the basket and frank onyeka who has no goal nor assist this season will leave us with 23 men for the list to be ok

Do you even watch football? What business does Onyeka have with goals and assists?
How many does Ndidi have?

1 Like

Re: Onuachu Out, Ighalo In: Eguavoen Releases Final Squad List For AFCON 2021 by mastercee(m): 1:49am On Dec 26, 2021
femicyrus:

I have nothing personal against him
but

Who else do you have aside Ndidi?
Re: Onuachu Out, Ighalo In: Eguavoen Releases Final Squad List For AFCON 2021 by mastercee(m): 1:52am On Dec 26, 2021
Franktom247:
Why take only 1 defensive midfielder to a tournament if ndidi has an injury who will be his replacement

Are you blind or what?

Are there two Emmanuel Dennis?
Re: Onuachu Out, Ighalo In: Eguavoen Releases Final Squad List For AFCON 2021 by mastercee(m): 1:55am On Dec 26, 2021
Bawofss:
Replace Musa or Moses Simon with Victor Moses, Replace basket Apeyi with Alex Iwobi.......

First of all, they should replace a goalkeeper with an attacker that is even already on the list?

You people go just open mouth Waaaa!
Re: Onuachu Out, Ighalo In: Eguavoen Releases Final Squad List For AFCON 2021 by ValeeLove(m): 3:09am On Dec 26, 2021
Ajibade123:

iwobi best international player??
you dy smoke fr
let me put it this way, our most popular international player for a some time. Meanwhile why are football fans so rude with comments? Can't you just disagree and move on?

1 Like

Re: Onuachu Out, Ighalo In: Eguavoen Releases Final Squad List For AFCON 2021 by Nobody: 6:36am On Dec 26, 2021
Wetin Iwobi dy find there and Musa?
Trash players
Re: Onuachu Out, Ighalo In: Eguavoen Releases Final Squad List For AFCON 2021 by adetayoonas(m): 8:00am On Dec 26, 2021
Ahmed Musa, Daniel Akpeyi, Odion Ighalo and Alex Iwobi should not be found on that list.

Okocha should stop pushing his cousin or nephew Alex iwobi

Iwobi is such a disgrace and not fit for the national team always passing the ball backwards. No play time in Everton. He is worst.

Garba Shehu and uzoho always play regularly for the first team in Cyprus which is good. I prefer them in first 11 compared to those who don't have regular playing time

Taiwo awoniyi, Aribo, ndidi, uzoho, garba Shehu are good in first 11
Re: Onuachu Out, Ighalo In: Eguavoen Releases Final Squad List For AFCON 2021 by jasena: 8:27am On Dec 26, 2021
I don't see Nigeria going very fat in this competition, in fact it would have been better to let gernot rorh finish off his work than to have eguavon replace him. Kevin akpoguma has contributed 5 goals in Bundesliga and he doesn't make the list while some like ndah who has caused many penalties for his south African club gets called up. Ahmed musa is done and dusted, everything has time yet he is called in. If Spain can drop ramos what is musa doing there? Cyril dessers has scored a lot for his club feynoored, he is a good smart talent, yet he wasn't invited. Akinkumi amoo is needed in the midfield, he is fast, has got he ability to score from outside the box, he is also skillful yet he is dropped. Nwakali is the only creative midfielder. Look at other teams going into the compettion, Algeria and Morocco have a star studded midfield several other African countries. Anyway wish them best ofnluck

2 Likes

Re: Onuachu Out, Ighalo In: Eguavoen Releases Final Squad List For AFCON 2021 by malikberry100(m): 8:37am On Dec 26, 2021
Fragility6:
Wetin NFF get with this ighalo. I think Nigerians been dey lamabast Rohr for recalling ighalo now e don go but ighalo name still dey afcon list. Omo na insider for nff dey run this ighalo racket. Fear Nigeria o
Keep shut what do you know about football lots of teenagers on nairaland commenting thrash. We need a standing striker who's very experience and has confident to be part of the team list so ighalo is the right man, though he may no longer be very active on the pitch due to age but his experience is needed in the team.
Re: Onuachu Out, Ighalo In: Eguavoen Releases Final Squad List For AFCON 2021 by malikberry100(m): 8:43am On Dec 26, 2021
malikberry100:

Keep shut what do you know about football lots of teenagers on nairaland commenting thrash. We need a standing striker who's very experience and has confident to be part of the team list so ighalo is the right man, though he's no longer very active on the pitch due to his age but his experience is needed in the team.
Re: Onuachu Out, Ighalo In: Eguavoen Releases Final Squad List For AFCON 2021 by Fragility6: 9:04am On Dec 26, 2021
malikberry100:

Keep shut what do you know about football lots of teenagers on nairaland commenting thrash. We need a standing striker who's very experience and has confident to be part of the team list so ighalo is the right man, though he may no longer be very active on the pitch due to age but his experience is needed in the team.
Lmfao... Standing striker? Ighalo and Onuachu who tall.You just dey contradict ur self. Omo u slow,dull and daft.Ah
Re: Onuachu Out, Ighalo In: Eguavoen Releases Final Squad List For AFCON 2021 by Damfostopper(m): 9:07am On Dec 26, 2021
The forwards should have been.....

Victor oshimen....
Taiwo awoniyi. ..
Emannuel Dennis...
Kelechi iheanacho....
Samuel Chukwueze...
Moses Simon.....
Ahmed musa......that's all....the rest are not needed abi na bench some of dem go dey till e finish
Re: Onuachu Out, Ighalo In: Eguavoen Releases Final Squad List For AFCON 2021 by adetayoonas(m): 9:24am On Dec 26, 2021
Ahmed Musa, Daniel Akpeyi, Odion Ighalo and Alex Iwobi should not be found on that list.

Iwobi is such a disgrace and not fit for the national team always passing the ball backwards. No play time in Everton. He is worst.

Garba Shehu and uzoho always play regularly for the first team in Cyprus which is good. I prefer them in first 11 compared to those who don't have regular playing time

Taiwo Awoniyi should play no 9.
Re: Onuachu Out, Ighalo In: Eguavoen Releases Final Squad List For AFCON 2021 by Franktom247(m): 9:30am On Dec 26, 2021
[quote author=mastercee post=108818559]

Are you blind or what?

na your papa be blind since you cannot answer a question without insulting him and when did emmanuel dennis turn DM
Re: Onuachu Out, Ighalo In: Eguavoen Releases Final Squad List For AFCON 2021 by msughdoo: 9:44am On Dec 26, 2021
Sadiq Umar is also an aboki. Same with Zaidu Sanusi. Even Emmanuel Dennis (from Adamawa) is an aboki. There are many abokis on this list.

Pacesetter123:
Shehu Adudlahi
grin grin grin
Re: Onuachu Out, Ighalo In: Eguavoen Releases Final Squad List For AFCON 2021 by Miller232: 9:47am On Dec 26, 2021
Fragility6:

Racoon belike i go take back my earlier statement of u having a reasoning faculty of a bat coz bat get sense pass you.Na insult to bats.Now na outside shots u don dey count coz outside shots na extra 3points.Fred dey bench fabinho for Brazil so I no understand d goals u dey talk even d Fred abeg show me when last e score for Brazil..I just dey look u as u dey yan dust.Drop more stupid takes.
I don't have ur time dumb dumb
Na una type dem dey beat for viewing center for spewing trash
Have a good life bye

1 Like

Re: Onuachu Out, Ighalo In: Eguavoen Releases Final Squad List For AFCON 2021 by mastercee(m): 10:52am On Dec 26, 2021
[quote author=Franktom247 post=108823144][/quote]

Baba e

Abirun omo
Re: Onuachu Out, Ighalo In: Eguavoen Releases Final Squad List For AFCON 2021 by Franktom247(m): 10:59am On Dec 26, 2021
[quote author=mastercee post=108825137]
Baba e
Abirun omo

omo ale jati jati mr no future ambition
Re: Onuachu Out, Ighalo In: Eguavoen Releases Final Squad List For AFCON 2021 by magzey: 11:33am On Dec 26, 2021
abumeinben:
Ah

Na Austin be new coach? Where have I been?

Musa....well. Onuachu is needed. That guy should be encouraged abeg
Musah Far ahead of tall boy Onuachu he no sabi anything proper control Onuachu no sabi i wonder ,how he manage become professional footballer.
Re: Onuachu Out, Ighalo In: Eguavoen Releases Final Squad List For AFCON 2021 by Emperormartin(m): 11:54am On Dec 26, 2021
optimusprime2:

What position does Alex Iwobi play in (Keep it in mind, he is left footed)?
If you can answer this question correctly, then you will know why Alex Iwobi is the third most important player on that SE list.

The only player I have serious questions about, is Ahmed Musa (I can name 3 players on the squad who can do what he does, even better)...

As for Ighalo, I understand why he is important. The current super eagles squad has no true 9 except Ighalo, who is a true 9.

If you look at heat maps of True 9's, they are very comfortable receiving passes in the middle of the feild, and playing with their back to goal. All the players we have now, are more comfortable operating from the flanks and carrying to the middle (with the exception of Kelechi Iheanacho and Alex Iwobi who can do that, but are not actual 9's)

If you love football Analysis, I'd encourage you to Google heat maps of all super eagles players, the stats will shock you.

I compared heat maps between Odion Ighalo during his last complete season in China and Oshimen's heat map from 2019/20 season.
Ighalo received 93% of passes in the opposition penalty area, while Oshimen is a 50% case of moving from the right flank to attack (he is fast and physical, so he can easily do it) however as a predator in the box, it's a 40% affair. Oshimen is most dangerous when he drives into the box, than operating as a fox in the box (which is what a true 9 is).

This shows Ighalo is the more natural 9. The main reason he was brought to Manchester United.

Research yourself
I like the analysis

1 Like

Re: Onuachu Out, Ighalo In: Eguavoen Releases Final Squad List For AFCON 2021 by Pacesetter123(m): 1:10pm On Dec 26, 2021
msughdoo:
Sadiq Umar is also an aboki. Same with Zaidu Sanusi. Even Emmanuel Dennis (from Adamawa) is an aboki. There are many abokis on this list.

Ok
Re: Onuachu Out, Ighalo In: Eguavoen Releases Final Squad List For AFCON 2021 by Silentgroper(m): 1:14pm On Dec 26, 2021
mastercee:

Are you blind or what?
so dennis is D.M ..
someone shoot me in d fvcking skull.
Re: Onuachu Out, Ighalo In: Eguavoen Releases Final Squad List For AFCON 2021 by Realhommie(m): 1:36pm On Dec 26, 2021
Reflect7:
Folks keep asking why Musa is in the team.

One reason: GOALS.

Musa knows how to score GOALS for the Super Eagles, especially in crucial moments, and in big tournaments.

He is a big game player.

When all the 'big stars' fail to turn up on the day, you are left with ONE GUY who can turn things around with one moment of pacy magic.

And that is Ahmed Musa.

That is why he is in the squad.

The most important reason is that he's the captain and leader of the squad. He's a great guy and lives up to his responsibility in so much that he's earned the respect of the whole team even including the officials of NFF, there was never any reason to push him out even when he was clubless.

But i believe after the AFCON it may no longer be business as usual..
Re: Onuachu Out, Ighalo In: Eguavoen Releases Final Squad List For AFCON 2021 by optimusprime2(m): 2:20pm On Dec 26, 2021
adetayoonas:

So who can play Iwobi's role??
Re: Onuachu Out, Ighalo In: Eguavoen Releases Final Squad List For AFCON 2021 by Gbest90(m): 2:42pm On Dec 26, 2021
Strong squad sha.

Merry Christmas boss Fergie. And to my nairaland gees.

Better days ahead of us all.

Cc: kyase, ebukahades10, Crazgod, wordson, babysho
Re: Onuachu Out, Ighalo In: Eguavoen Releases Final Squad List For AFCON 2021 by Kyase(m): 3:14pm On Dec 26, 2021
Gbest90:
Strong squad sha.

Merry Christmas boss Fergie. And to my nairaland gees.

Better days ahead of us all.

Cc: kyase, ebukahades10, Crazgod, wordson, babysho
merry christmas boss my person gee

where my chin chin?
fergie001 and beebeeooh na una own dey vex me pass
Re: Onuachu Out, Ighalo In: Eguavoen Releases Final Squad List For AFCON 2021 by Gbest90(m): 3:16pm On Dec 26, 2021
Kyase:
merry christmas boss my person gee

where my chin chin?
fergie001 and beebeeooh na una own dey vex me pass
Lolz. Chin chin ke. grin

Wetin Fergie do again

1 Like

Re: Onuachu Out, Ighalo In: Eguavoen Releases Final Squad List For AFCON 2021 by Kyase(m): 3:18pm On Dec 26, 2021
Gbest90:

Lolz. Chin chin ke. grin

Wetin Fergie do again

yes chin chin and meat

e never send my chin chin na

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rohr Makes Fresh Demands From NFF / Chukwueze Donates Multi-Million Naira Equipment To Football Academy In Uyo / UCL Draw; Which Game Are You Looking Forward To Most?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.