Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,859 members, 7,813,936 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:03 PM

Can The Ielts General Writing Task1 Be Anything Other Than Deciphering A Chart? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can The Ielts General Writing Task1 Be Anything Other Than Deciphering A Chart? (284 Views)

How To Score 8.5 Band In The IELTS / As a Nigerian, can I pass the IELTS exam without preparing / Why Candidates Fail The Ielts Writing Test And The Solution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can The Ielts General Writing Task1 Be Anything Other Than Deciphering A Chart? by eniola1010(m): 2:52am On Dec 26, 2021
i have searched and searched online but i keep getting different answers.

this is what i wish to know and i'll appreciate if people can answer.

speaking of general writing ielts, is it possible for the task1 to be anything other than deciphering charts,maps,or picture. because i have seen cases where task1 consists of letter writing. and this got me confused because before then i have always though task1 had to do with breaking down stuffs like piechart, graphs etc

also, still speaking of general writing, is it possible for the task2 to have anything other than an essay. because online i have seen cases where mock test of task2 consists of only letter writings and not essays. and me i have been preparing for only essays
Re: Can The Ielts General Writing Task1 Be Anything Other Than Deciphering A Chart? by Heromaniaa: 4:30am On Dec 26, 2021
GT task 1 is always letter.
Academic and gt task 2 is always essay

Re: Can The Ielts General Writing Task1 Be Anything Other Than Deciphering A Chart? by eniola1010(m): 10:36am On Dec 26, 2021
Heromaniaa:
GT task 1 is always letter.
Academic and gt task 2 is always essay

thanks dear. but what part of ielts writing always has map and graph that you are expected to decipher?
Re: Can The Ielts General Writing Task1 Be Anything Other Than Deciphering A Chart? by Heromaniaa: 11:53pm On Dec 26, 2021
eniola1010:

thanks dear. but what part of ielts writing always has map and graph that you are expected to decipher?
Academic task 1. It could also have a process diagram.

(1) (Reply)

Oxford University Admission / Cybersecurity In Nigeria / A Government Driver On His Retirement By Onu Kingsley Chibuike - Analysis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.