Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,758 members, 7,820,633 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

I'd Be A Victim Of Revolution In Nigeria - Obj - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'd Be A Victim Of Revolution In Nigeria - Obj (499 Views)

If I Were You,i'd Be Too Ashamed To Mock Change: Oby Ezekwesili (photo) / Biafra Not Threat To Nigeria—obj / "My Watch": I Prefer Gmb To Jail Me Than Gej To Return To Destroy Nigeria - Obj (2) (3) (4)

(1)

I'd Be A Victim Of Revolution In Nigeria - Obj by 1025: 2:44pm On Jun 15, 2011
[b]I'd be a victim of revolution in Nigeria - OBJ *Says Kufuor, other African leaders would have no hiding place

Written by Soji-Eze Fagbemi, Geneva, Switzerland
Wednesday, June 15, 2011

FORMER president, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, on Tuesday, at the ongoing 100th session of the International Labour Conference in Geneval, Switzerland, told the world leaders, employers and labour leaders that he would be a victim and number one target if revolution happened in Nigeria anytime from now.

advertisement

Chief Obasanjo, who was speaking at a special event by the Club de Madrid, at the conference, also said former president of Ghana, John Kufuor and other African leaders would have no hiding place if the revolution that swept through the Arab countries happened in major African countries like Nigeria and Ghana.

Obasanjo, who was part of the panel of discussants at the event, said if the unemployment situation in African countries were allowed to continue and not checked and addressed, the revolution would be more severe than what was being witnessed in the Middle East

"Governments are bad or poor job creator, but they are to provide conducive and enabling environment for job creators, especially the private sector. So, governments must come together with the employers who will provide the capital (money) and labour leaders to create and provide. If we do this, I believe we will make it.

"If we don't, the youth will be ignited and we will all be consumed. If it happens in our countries in Africa, none of us , I know that I will be a victim. My brother here (John Kufuor) too will have no place to run to," he said.

Others on the panel were Kufuor; Mr Osvaldo Hurtado, former president, Republic of Ecuador; Mr Abdul Karim Al Eryani, former Prime Minister, Republic of Yemen; Mr Wim Kok, former Prime Minister, The Netherlands; Mr Stephen Pursey, Director, Policy Integration Department, ILO and Mr Raymond Torres, Director, International Institute for Labour Studies, ILO.

Chief Obasanjo said the ideal of sustainable and shared societies of the International Labour Organisation (ILO) could not be faulted, adding that social justice should entail what an ideal society should be.

Speaking on unemployment in Africa, Obasanjo said "it is a red alert for us in Africa. I am worried, I am apprehensive about the unemployment in our continent, which we are not taking seriously as it should be."[/b]

so this man no say we no like him? what would you do if this happens and you have access to OBJ?
Re: I'd Be A Victim Of Revolution In Nigeria - Obj by OAM4J: 2:46pm On Jun 15, 2011

(1)

Ahmed Claims Kwara Cannot Pay New Minimum Wage / What Will You Do To Change Naija Given The Opportunity? / Opposition Senators Unite On Special Status For Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.