Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,758 members, 7,820,635 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

Who Do The Ndoki's Say They Are?? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Do The Ndoki's Say They Are?? (996 Views)

Bishops Who Supported Tinubu Say They Have Been Vindicated / Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down / Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Do The Ndoki's Say They Are?? by Alabo7978(m): 12:43pm On Dec 26, 2021
Since my Advent into nairaland I have tried my best to be diplomatic and you all can also attest to that fact.
Prior to the past couple of months I have always maintained the truth and defended the ijaw Ethnic nation when it comes to it's land and water ways.
We have had our hinterlander neighbors strangely lay claim across the ikwerre's, the ogoni's and a couple of other small Ethnic group to grab Opobo and more especially Bonny (this is like moving a pawn in a chess board 4 steps horizontally or vertically)
Now back to the subject matter;
While driving to my maternal hometown early this morning with a husband to one of my aunt's from the maternal side, this man happen to be a Akrika-uku man from ndoki.
I raised up a question politely and even began with a mode of laughter because he is much more older than I am, and I wouldn't want to seem like the landgrabbers I condemn which might offend him.
"Sir what is this I hear" I asked, "the Ndoki people identifying as ijaw and even joining the IYC and some other ijaw forums"

"Yes" he affirmed strongly, "we are ijaw people. There is a migration spoken and known about by the elders of Ndoki from ijo region. We are ijaw people"

My eyes gleemed with surprised, this is a man who is critical about everything, who doesn't believe a thing even if the whole world believes in it.
I asked him about the 'Aminadokiari' belief and he even went on to tell me more stories about the Calabari people and the Bonny people being an ijaw brethren with them but owing to their closeness with the IBO region, they (NDOKI) lost their DIALECT which became all together a little dinsticnt from the igbo people but very dinsticnt from the ijaw people.

"Sir, so what you're trying to say is you are an ijaw Man like me" I asked with so much glee, but he was not quick to really affirm at this point.

"I can't say that" he sounded indicisive, "but our elders claim our ancestry is from the delta region of ijaw land, it is well known. But there is another faction who say they are Igbo and they should remain igbo"
So we both concluded it will look so very strange to retrace that step back to ijaw because the dialect has been lost for over 500 years.
"So does that mean you are an ijaw Man?"
I asked again trying to get an answer from him.
"The Ndoki's are ijaw by ancestry, but I personally am more associated with the Igbo people"

"So you have no problem over the Ndoki people identifying as ijaw?"

"I have no problem with it" he replied, "but I will always have a soft spot for Igbo"

THE STORY;
following migration pattern from what is now known as western ijo land around the kolokuma axis, a group of people in well manned trading canoes navigated the water ways looking for greener pastures (usually where the fishes are plenty) along the coast and up stream through azumini up the imo river and settled in what is now known as Ndoki.
The Calabari and Bonny band followed the route seeking for their brethren who didn't return home. They launched a
rescue mission tagged 'AMINADOKIARI/WAMINADOKIARI'
which translates to 'i am seeking for my brothers.
They finally did find their brothers and loved the new found area where the fishes were plenty.
These three closely related brothers then dwelled in close proximity so as not to lose sight of each other again.
Aminadokiari/WAMINADOKIARI' would later be contracted to Ndoki by the Europeans.

1 Like

Re: Who Do The Ndoki's Say They Are?? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Dec 26, 2021
The Ndokis are Ijaws.

3 Likes

Re: Who Do The Ndoki's Say They Are?? by Laggafin: 1:03pm On Dec 26, 2021
Confused ijawdiots angry

3 Likes

Re: Who Do The Ndoki's Say They Are?? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Dec 26, 2021
Laggafin:
Confused ijawdiots angry
the write up was inspired and gotten from an Ndoki man of akrika.

I ain't sure you even Know where ndoki is.
Go and meet the Ndoki people too and get something to tell us.
That's how it's done instead of staying in Awka and capping trash.

1 Like

Re: Who Do The Ndoki's Say They Are?? by Laggafin: 1:15pm On Dec 26, 2021
Anonymous15:

You be mumu.. fullstop

3 Likes

Re: Who Do The Ndoki's Say They Are?? by Yuakwon3: 1:23pm On Dec 26, 2021
I believe that every tribe has an origin but I don't support it when it comes to discriminations because what has come to stay have to be,,,,,,if any tribe or nation is asked to leave their present region back to their original region would they agree to that and what if their brethren refused to accept them and alleged one or two crimes they committed in the past which made them ran away for years, how about that??

I was born and brought up in Aba Ngwa, Obohia and Ngwa roads to be precise down to that Obohia village I can say I know about Ndoki people very well and I've worked at Azumini as a building construction expert......therefore all we need is peace, love and honesty to move on Ndoki nma nma nu ooo!!!!

1 Like

Re: Who Do The Ndoki's Say They Are?? by Idiko1: 1:26pm On Dec 26, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
The Ndokis are Ijaws.

https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/14736109_images2_jpeg_jpegeaa7b646bbf3e81e48bac7a3f797497c

Is "Ndoki Nmanma Nu" also Ijaw? Where does this crass of idiocy originate?

5 Likes

Re: Who Do The Ndoki's Say They Are?? by ebufa: 1:30pm On Dec 26, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
The Ndokis are Ijaws.

this one don carry him mumu land here as usual, pls go about your skull mining business!

5 Likes

Re: Who Do The Ndoki's Say They Are?? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Dec 26, 2021
Hisbah doesnt have business with NDOKI
Re: Who Do The Ndoki's Say They Are?? by izac82: 1:59pm On Dec 26, 2021
Anonymous15:

The next governor of Rivers state is coming from the Asa/Ndoki extraction.
I hope the Ijaws are ready to support him as one of their own. The Igbos
in Rivers state is ready to deliver hundred percent votes. cool

8 Likes

Re: Who Do The Ndoki's Say They Are?? by Igboid: 3:09pm On Dec 26, 2021
izac82:

Exactly.
It's the turn of Ijaws to rule Rivers State.
We will all support the Ndoki of Obiigbo to represent Ijaw people, since we all agree they are all Ijaws now.

Ijaws should support this move!
Aswana!

10 Likes

Re: Who Do The Ndoki's Say They Are?? by Liebermantic: 4:18pm On Dec 26, 2021
Since Ijaw claims having blood relation to Ndoki because of Bonny and Opobo, it's time for Ijaw to wholly support an Ndoki man for Rivers state Governorship post..Ndoki Wu Ala Eze..Ndoki mmamanuo!!

6 Likes

Re: Who Do The Ndoki's Say They Are?? by jamesversion: 4:24pm On Dec 26, 2021
izac82:

Ikwerres are not done yet.. We go still produce governor.
Re: Who Do The Ndoki's Say They Are?? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Dec 26, 2021
izac82:

If the ijaws in river state are eligible to vote, and they see an Asa-Ndoki man as the right man, so be it.
Re: Who Do The Ndoki's Say They Are?? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Dec 26, 2021
Laggafin:

You be mumu.. fullstop
Dem no born you well to talk this thing for my front I swear to God I go give you short sleeve.
2 seconds, and nothing go happen.
Re: Who Do The Ndoki's Say They Are?? by Laggafin: 8:25am On Dec 27, 2021
Anonymous15:

Dem no born you well to talk this thing for my front I swear to God I go give you short sleeve.
2 seconds, and nothing go happen.
Dust de yur brain..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Has Tinubu Done To President Buhari???? / Buhari Should Give No More Interviews / 30 Days Income Challenge (NIGERIA)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.