Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,262 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

Only IPHONE Users Truly Own Their Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Only IPHONE Users Truly Own Their Phone (3938 Views)

Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July / How Facebook Bug Secretly Recorded Iphone Users / Iphone Users, How Do You Pay For Your Apple Music Subscription?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only IPHONE Users Truly Own Their Phone by Deicide: 7:13pm On Dec 26, 2021
Android users are just walking around with borrowed phone they think they own. Now before you android users come for me lemme explain.

If I get an iphone device for #400,000. You see that's a lot of money and I would always have the fear of loosing this phone but apple got me covered because people hardly steal iphone it it is a well secured device locked from the cloud. Stealing it and the phone becomes useless to you.

But same can't be said for and android d vice that I buy for that same price. I spent #400,000 on an Android phone only for it to get stolen and the thief is enjoying using the device cause it can easily be unlocked by just formating it? I Kno that devices like Xiaomi and Samsung has that kind of security feature but the thing with android is that I can always flash another custom ROM on it. Which makes the lock kinda useless. Something you can't do with an iphone.

This are just speculation though so you guys are free to correct me if I am wrong.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Only IPHONE Users Truly Own Their Phone by constance500: 7:44pm On Dec 26, 2021
Dey there dey sleep.. Drop your iPhone at the next junction first and confirm if iphone is unstealeable

68 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Only IPHONE Users Truly Own Their Phone by Opperwezen(m): 9:48pm On Dec 26, 2021
Whether the "new user" can use the stolen phone doesn't change the fact that the rightful owner would likely never use his property again.

26 Likes

Re: Only IPHONE Users Truly Own Their Phone by legennd2: 10:51pm On Dec 26, 2021
I read somewhere on NL that iPhone thieves steal the phones for parts. This makes sense since the only part that is unusable after locking is the Logic board. Considering the price of original iPhone parts, I think it is as likely to get stolen as any other phone.

I can even argue that it is more likely to get stolen sef but... no long thing.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Only IPHONE Users Truly Own Their Phone by abumeinben(m): 11:26pm On Dec 26, 2021
Deicide:
Android users are just walking around with borrowed phone they think they own. Now before you android users come for me lemme explain.

If I get an iphone device for #400,000. You see that's a lot of money and I would always have th fear of loosing this phone but apple got me covered because people hardly steel iphone it it is a well secured device locked from the cloud. Steeling it and the phone becomes useless to you.

But same can't be said for and android d vice that I buy for that same price. I spent #400,000 on an Android phone only for it to get stolen and the thief is enjoying using the device cause it can easily be unlocked by just formating it? I Kno that devices like Xiaomi and Samsung has that kind of security feature but the thing with android is that I can always flash another custom ROM on it. Which makes the lock kinda useless. Something you can't do with an iphone.

This are just speculation though so you guys are free to correct me if I am wrong.

You seem to be living in Nokia 3310 era.

HelloOH!?

Like someone up there said, drop it and take just one min walk... Na LG logo you go see ontop when you reboot the phone

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only IPHONE Users Truly Own Their Phone by Deicide: 1:14am On Dec 27, 2021
Am saying when someone steals the phone it is useless to them. I never said people don't steal it I just say they hardly do.
abumeinben:

You seem to be living in Nokia 3310 era.

HelloOH!?

Like someone up there said, drop it and take just one min walk... Na LG logo you go see ontop when you reboot the phone
Re: Only IPHONE Users Truly Own Their Phone by Victoronah1: 1:28am On Dec 27, 2021
Deicide:

If I get an iphone device for #400,000. You see that's a lot of money and I would always have th fear of loosing this phone but apple got me covered because people hardly steel iphone it it is a well secured device locked from the cloud. Steeling it and the phone becomes useless to you.

this argument holds no water.
Apple makes iPhone and google makes android. A Google phone has same level of security if not even better. I have always used a Google phone and I always root and install custom ROMs, but guess what, to unlock and bypass our phones for rooting, requires security unlock bypass and flashing of any Google phone will require you to input your Google ID that was first used. Unfortunately you can't install a custom ROM, and also, even if you install a custom ROM, you will get a message that there is an email associated with this device, include the email and password

[color=#990000][/color]

8 Likes

Re: Only IPHONE Users Truly Own Their Phone by iLoveYouToo(m): 4:16am On Dec 27, 2021
constance500:
Dey there dey sleep.. Drop your iPhone at the next junction first and confirm if iphone is unstealeable

They’ll probably steal it for the parts but as a whole, it’ll be unusable
Re: Only IPHONE Users Truly Own Their Phone by V1C70R(m): 4:59am On Dec 27, 2021
iLoveYouToo:

They’ll probably steal it for the parts but as a whole, it’ll be unusable

Mek I burst your bubble, Iclouds are 100% breakable now, break in and the phone isn't yours again.

IOS owners are even more vulnerable now, enter street, make findings

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only IPHONE Users Truly Own Their Phone by Sarsaproko: 7:21am On Dec 27, 2021
Hmmmm
Re: Only IPHONE Users Truly Own Their Phone by YourFavorite21(m): 7:47am On Dec 27, 2021
Come to Emeka offor plaza in Onitsha main market.
And see where boys dey break into iclouds, so be calming down.

9 Likes

Re: Only IPHONE Users Truly Own Their Phone by Nobody: 7:50am On Dec 27, 2021
Victoronah1:
this argument holds no water.
Apple makes iPhone and google makes android. A Google phone has same level of security if not even better. I have always used a Google phone and I always root and install custom ROMs, but guess what, to unlock and bypass our phones for rooting, requires security unlock bypass and flashing of any Google phone will require you to input your Google ID that was first used. Unfortunately you can't install a custom ROM, and also, even if you install a custom ROM, you will get a message that there is an email associated with this device, include the email and password

[color=#990000][/color]

Actually, bypassing Google security is one of the easiest thing to do, without evening using a system.

5 Likes

Re: Only IPHONE Users Truly Own Their Phone by iLoveYouToo(m): 8:01am On Dec 27, 2021
V1C70R:

Mek I burst your bubble, Iclouds are 100% breakable now, break in and the phone isn't yours again.

IOS owners are even more vulnerable now, enter street, make findings

Apple has to authorize it

1 Like

Re: Only IPHONE Users Truly Own Their Phone by Victoronah1: 8:20am On Dec 27, 2021
HenryDion:

Actually, bypassing Google security is one of the easiest thing to do, without evening using a system.
you cannot young man.. don't show your ignorance. Google security requires you to unlock a phone go into developer and enable flashing. Which is a long process if the phone is already rooted and is on security lock. If you try to update such phones or try to install official custom ROM on them without locking the OEM unlock, will brick your phone..
Re: Only IPHONE Users Truly Own Their Phone by Nobody: 8:28am On Dec 27, 2021
Victoronah1:
you cannot young man.. don't show your ignorance. Google security requires you to unlock a phone go into developer and enable flashing. Which is a long process if the phone is already rooted and is on security lock. If you try to update such phones or try to install official custom ROM on them without locking the OEM unlock, will brick your phone..

My friend stop making your ignorance pronounced. I have bypassed Google security multiple times for folks without using a system. You don't even need any tech knowledge. Head over to YouTube and follow the tutorials.

13 Likes

Re: Only IPHONE Users Truly Own Their Phone by seanwilliam(m): 8:35am On Dec 27, 2021
Unlock iCloud? Without the owner’s authorization? I doubt
Re: Only IPHONE Users Truly Own Their Phone by seanwilliam(m): 8:36am On Dec 27, 2021
YourFavorite21:
Come to Emeka offor plaza in Onitsha main market.
And see where boys dey break into iclouds, so be calming down.
which boys are you talking about Without apple’s or the owner’s authorization, forget it.. how u go take unlock am self?

2 Likes

Re: Only IPHONE Users Truly Own Their Phone by seanwilliam(m): 8:39am On Dec 27, 2021
constance500:
I think what the op meant is that the phone will be useless as a whole

1 Like

Re: Only IPHONE Users Truly Own Their Phone by V1C70R(m): 8:57am On Dec 27, 2021
iLoveYouToo:

Apple has to authorize it

At this point, nothing concerns Apple again my man, almost the same way FRP is bypassed on android, by now, we shouldn't be debating on this anymore naw; LWKM!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only IPHONE Users Truly Own Their Phone by respect80(m): 9:03am On Dec 27, 2021
seanwilliam:
I think what the op meant is that the phone will be useless as a whole

Most people who steal phones do so in order to sell the phone and use the money.
So you think selling it in parts and using the money is useless to the thief?
An iPhone 12 in good condition can be sold in parts and 80 to 100k could be realized.
With 80 to 100k, the thief could get a brand new xiaomi, huawei, Oppo with good specs even a second New iPhone of lower version so I don't think there's any logic in the op's logic.

6 Likes

Re: Only IPHONE Users Truly Own Their Phone by seanwilliam(m): 9:11am On Dec 27, 2021
respect80:

Most people who steal phones do so in order to sell the phone and use the money.
So you think selling it in parts and using the money is useless to the thief?
An iPhone 12 in good condition can be sold in parts and 80 to 100k could be realized.
With 80 to 100k, the thief could get a brand new xiaomi, huawei, Oppo with good specs even a second New iPhone of lower version so I don't think there's any logic in the op's logic.
your point is valid

4 Likes

Re: Only IPHONE Users Truly Own Their Phone by IDRWFB(m): 9:43am On Dec 27, 2021
Deicide:

This fool atheist that always gets his ass whooped in EVERY argument wants to talk about phone now. No more religion, mhm? He can't even differentiate steal from steel. He was like: steeling and I was like cheesy cheesy

The likes of JacbizzL, dalamn, hhn, hopefoolLndlrd and seeun will be so proud of you.

Back to the topic. Oh! content is trash.

2 Likes

Re: Only IPHONE Users Truly Own Their Phone by constance500: 9:53am On Dec 27, 2021
Victoronah1:

You can actually bypass Google verification even without a pc.. Do your research

1 Like

Re: Only IPHONE Users Truly Own Their Phone by Saskay44: 10:03am On Dec 27, 2021
Lol dem steal my guy 11 3weeks ago, i ask m yday if hin don track m baba say hin don already forget about the phone

1 Like

Re: Only IPHONE Users Truly Own Their Phone by RoyalBoutique(m): 10:34am On Dec 27, 2021
Savage replies up there

grin

OP na you find trouble

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only IPHONE Users Truly Own Their Phone by 22o62021: 10:40am On Dec 27, 2021
seanwilliam:
Unlock iCloud? Without the owner’s authorization? I doubt

No de argue bros

From 8+ down

I unlock the iCloud

I don unlock 4 in the last 3 weeks

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only IPHONE Users Truly Own Their Phone by ruggedtimi(m): 11:44am On Dec 27, 2021
Deicide:

grin grin dump talk. Na iphone Dem even steal pass
Re: Only IPHONE Users Truly Own Their Phone by Deicide: 11:45am On Dec 27, 2021
You the one that made me an Atheist? And thanks for the correction to be honest I thought I had made adjustments lipsrsealed. All this stuff that happened like 2 years ago and you still carry am for head na so e pain you reach? grin I don't even know who you are.
IDRWFB:

This fool atheist that always gets his ass whooped in EVERY argument wants to talk about phone now. No more religion, mhm? He can't even differentiate steal from steel. He was like: steeling and I was like cheesy cheesy

The likes of JacbizzL, dalamn, hhn, hopefoolLndlrd and seeun will be so proud of you.

Back to the topic. Oh! content is trash.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Only IPHONE Users Truly Own Their Phone by Deicide: 11:52am On Dec 27, 2021
Those up there saying they can bypass the icloud lock don't know what they are saying. Cause it's practically nearly impossible.
Re: Only IPHONE Users Truly Own Their Phone by federal9: 1:32pm On Dec 27, 2021
Deicide:

If I get an iphone device for #400,000. You see that's a lot of money and I would always have the fear of loosing this phone but apple got me covered because people hardly steal iphone it it is a well secured device locked from the cloud. Stealing it and the phone becomes useless to you.

All the thief needs are your phone parts.
Your screen, and many more ICs in your phone.
Re: Only IPHONE Users Truly Own Their Phone by Deicide: 1:39pm On Dec 27, 2021
federal9:

All the thief needs are your phone parts.
Your screen, and many more ICs in your phone.
Still not going to worth half of the original price

(1) (2) (Reply)

Iphone 6. 64gb Forsale At 45k ( Very Negotiable) / Mtn And It's New Fraudulent Tactics..(Resolved) / Awoof!!! Make Unlimited Calls On Your Mtn Sims.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.