Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,457 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Aftermath Of Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Fire (Photos, Video) - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Aftermath Of Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Fire (Photos, Video) (57725 Views)

Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Still On Fire, 24 Hours After / Drone Footage Of Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Fire In Abuja (Video) / The 9-Year-Old Girl & Her Mother Watched Ebeano Supermarket Fire (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aftermath Of Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Fire (Photos, Video) by samwillyco1(m): 7:20am On Dec 27, 2021
emmanuelbrown26:
Many question that needed answers
Does it mean that there was no fire extinguisher?
Where was the fire fighters?
What effort did the staff or employees of the organization made during the fire incidence.

What caused the fire outbreak in a first place?
Secondly, do they have safety units and do they make arrangements for such incidents Incase of emergency ?
Finally, you can't relied on Government agencies for help in this Present Government, because a lot played out inside the agencies involved.
Re: Aftermath Of Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Fire (Photos, Video) by seleroms2(m): 7:23am On Dec 27, 2021
I guess you didn't see the CCTV video of the little girl that set fire on ebeano Supermarket and the trending video of how she was interogated after been caught. Some of this things happen by mere coincidence and it's worse when it is harmattan season as the air is dry. On the 18th of this month there was a devastating fire incident in my house due to power surge,who do I blame then?
Ekealterego:
I feel for all the people who depend on this single business enterprise to survive and to feed their family.
That baker who works there to pay for her kids
That flour supplier and the driver who will take the goods there
These people depend on this to feed their kids
What about the security men?
The stock people? the graduates? the cashier?
What of the suppliers?
What of the university student who depends on the proceeds their aunty or uncle is getting from this to survive in school?
What of the people who are doing one hustle or the other beside the shopping mall to survive?

These are all the people I am really sorry for... These are the people who will really bear the brunt.
I guess this is why many politicians, either with stolen or legit money build their investments abroad.

It is not because they do not know the importance of reinvesting in the country but they know that their business will be a target.
On the other hand, I hope this is not ethnically targeted arson. First, it was Ebeano, now this, all Igbo businesses.
I hope the owner insured the shop.
Re: Aftermath Of Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Fire (Photos, Video) by cpu2006(m): 7:26am On Dec 27, 2021
It so painful.
Re: Aftermath Of Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Fire (Photos, Video) by muheeb01(m): 7:29am On Dec 27, 2021
You can avoid this in a sane country or environment...what happened to fire station emergency number...it's not working chai,this country ehnn...sha make sure you take good care of your health o from time to time cos nothing works for now...take natural herbs or agbo

Check my signature and profile for my works....we deliver through GiG logistic or bus driver nationwide,and powdery form through dhl abroad...my office is in oyo town
Re: Aftermath Of Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Fire (Photos, Video) by Rahym001(m): 7:37am On Dec 27, 2021
OreMI22:
It's been a very long time since this store had been on their hit list.

Peter Obi should know that this investment was targeted to either go up in flames or be demolished by FCTA under the guise of distortion of Abuja master plan.

At least now they achieved its destruction without any lawsuit
Abeg who destroyed it.
Re: Aftermath Of Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Fire (Photos, Video) by rollywise(m): 7:40am On Dec 27, 2021
dustmalik:
I don't support stealing/looting. However, it's better those goods were stolen than burning and wasting away. At least, this way, they still serve a purpose.

In a sane country, people help gather goods out of the furnace and store them somewhere for the owner. They are called fussy responders. Here it's first thieves we have
Re: Aftermath Of Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Fire (Photos, Video) by chukel(m): 7:47am On Dec 27, 2021
I saw a video earlier where it all started from a christmas light.
Re: Aftermath Of Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Fire (Photos, Video) by Jomonix: 7:50am On Dec 27, 2021
dustmalik:
I don't support stealing/looting. However, it's better those goods were stolen than burning and wasting away. At least, this way, they still serve a purpose.

You unknowingly still support looting and stealing.
Re: Aftermath Of Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Fire (Photos, Video) by ppogba: 7:52am On Dec 27, 2021
zikter:
This is it. People build multi million businesses in this country with zero safety and emergency procedures in place. You may not see a single hydrant line there, knowing fully well that public disaster management is a total mess in Nigeria, maybe apart from Lagos. Some urchins here are busy playing ethno polical card. The worst is most of this Nigerian owned businesses will simply prefer to bribe corrupt government officials when cutting corners.

You forgot to add that people build billion naira businesses without any single consideration for Insurance. It will be a real miracle IF that premises is insured. Consider this, even FG and state government properties are not even insured. We do everything with power and political influence.
Re: Aftermath Of Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Fire (Photos, Video) by kevoh(m): 7:58am On Dec 27, 2021

*FIRE AT NEXT CASH & CARRY SUPERMARKET IN JAHI AREA OF FCT*

Today Sunday, 26th December 2021, at about 1115hours there was a report of a fire outbreak incidence at Next Cash and Carry Supermarket at Jahi District of the FCT.

Upon receipt of the information, a team of Police officers attached to Mabushi Police Divisional Headquarters responded swiftly to the scene where a concerted effort of the Federal Fire Service, FCT Fire Service, Julius Berger Fire Service and members of other security agencies were deployed to manage the situation, minimize damage, extinguish the inferno and ensure the maintenance of law and order.

Well-meaning members of the surrounding communities came out en masse and helped in evacuating goods and other valuables from the supermarket to a safe location within the area with the supervision of Police Officers of the Command who were on ground. This is contrary to the news making the rounds as there is no successful case of looting or carting away of goods from the store. The suspects who made attempts to cart away goods from the store and were promptly arrested include (1) Ali Audu aged 18 Years; (2) Yahaya Yunusa aged 20 Years; and (3) Sahabi Abubakar aged 20 Years

The Commissioner of Police FCT Command, CP Sunday Babaji, psc, also visited and is currently on ground at the scene alongside the Minister for State, FCT, Dr. Ramatu Tijjani Aliyu, for an on-the-spot assessment and supervision of activities at the scene.

Investigation is currently ongoing to ascertain the cause of the fire. So far, no casualty has been recorded.

DSP JOSEPHINE ADEH
POLICE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
FCT POLICE COMMAND, ABUJA

Also below is a Twitter link to a video showing where the salvaged goods were kept.
https://twitter.com/LabiaMinoria/status/1475215951641518083

CC: lalasticlala , Mynd44 and other moderators
Please, bring this to the frontpage so Nigerians can know what truly happened at the fire incident.
Re: Aftermath Of Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Fire (Photos, Video) by endy69: 8:01am On Dec 27, 2021
What! I drove past there just last night. And that's where my friend works
Re: Aftermath Of Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Fire (Photos, Video) by Shaev7(m): 8:03am On Dec 27, 2021
OreMI22:

Peter Obi should know that this investment was targeted to either go up in flames or be demolished by FCTA under the guise of distortion of Abuja master plan.

Master planned. I also heard fire service depart did not show up or did not come on time. If its true, it has a link to your write up. Too bad
Re: Aftermath Of Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Fire (Photos, Video) by Ubanz: 8:06am On Dec 27, 2021
Still on the bolded,the first wasn't Ebeano, it was Grand Square.everything was razed to the ground.
guess that was a coincidence.
They are still investigating Ebeano.

You were communicating until you typed the bolded.
All tribes in this country suffered business casualties because perhaps, Nigeria is not business friendly.
[/quote]
Re: Aftermath Of Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Fire (Photos, Video) by zikter(m): 8:08am On Dec 27, 2021
ppogba:

You forgot to add that people build billion naira businesses without any single consideration for Insurance. It will be a real miracle IF that premises is insured. Consider this, even FG and state government properties are not even insured. We do everything with power and political influence.
Very right, insurance is not a go to thing in this part of the world. People consider it a waste of money
Re: Aftermath Of Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Fire (Photos, Video) by Annie001: 8:20am On Dec 27, 2021
AlhajiBitcoin:

Open a business first and employ Nigerian staff members. After 2 years, come and edit your post.

Don't comment on issues you haven't experienced first hand.
You wey don open, how many have been burnt?
Re: Aftermath Of Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Fire (Photos, Video) by zikter(m): 8:23am On Dec 27, 2021
Ekealterego:

My reasons are not far-fetched. The obvious conspiracies.

Where was the fire vehicle that was stationed there? Why did it go missing all of a sudden

How come there was no fire service throughout the duration. Even ordinary one room apartments, the fireservjve will at least pretend that they cared and would come later... What happened here in a busy place like that?

...and for the ethnicity, I hope you saw the video showing how Ebeano's business was burnt down right?

At the end of the day, it is the person at the receiving end feels it the most.
Well, I respect your opinion. However, I do not buy into these conspiracy theories. The emergency services in this country both on government and private levels are very poor. Maybe only Lagos has put up something a beat reasonable, though not enough due to the population here. As big as that place is, it may not have an internal fire Fighting mechanism such as a hydrant line, the entire structural design may not incorporate any fire proof materials. Same applies to Ebeano. We all saw how the fire started. Was there a political or ethnic conspiracy that made that child to start the fire? For all I care, the child was just having fun. The management on the other hand did not put adequate control measures in place, leaving an active gas system in place, well connected without adequate supervision of the area. By and large, very poor management of these local businesses is the cause of these. Again, for a store like that with a lot of combustibles, once you don't start fighting the fire at the insipient stage, forget it.
This can only be done when you have internal fire Fighting mechanism, considering how ineffective our emergency services are.
Re: Aftermath Of Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Fire (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 8:26am On Dec 27, 2021
Annie001:

You wey don open, how many have been burnt?

You have 100% control of your business, that's why you think you can comment on this thread.

Open a business with branches in different towns, buy vehicles and employ drivers to ride for you. Build houses and rent out, then come back and argue.
Re: Aftermath Of Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Fire (Photos, Video) by Annie001: 8:32am On Dec 27, 2021
AlhajiBitcoin:

You have 100% control of your business, that's why you think you can comment on this thread.

Open a business with branches in different towns, buy vehicles and employ drivers to ride for you. Build houses and rent out, then come back and argue.
Simple questions oooo, you are blabbing
How many have they burnt
Re: Aftermath Of Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Fire (Photos, Video) by emmanuelbrown26: 8:46am On Dec 27, 2021
nnol:
Exactly my thought, the truth is that there is no proper awareness on the need for fire safety and prevention measures that will consequently reduce, mitigate, curb and control losses that could occur to capital investments such as this that just happened or even infrastructures as a result of fire incidences. Don't be surprised that a huge investment such as this doesn't have adequate fire equipment within it's environment. These fire equipment may include, fire extinguishers, water hose reels, internal hydrants, sprinkler installations, fire alarm system as well as foam installations etc. All these mentioned will serve as effective fire safety measures to curb the menace of fire outbreak from consuming esteem business empires and investment such as this. Some fire outbreak are not natural as they are engineered, this can be inform of arson, as nearly one-third of all fire resulting from arson is difficult to prevent. Hence, this fire outbreak that occured could be a deliberately with malice aforethought. In other words it might be politically motivated if it's not a natural fire.
U sounded like an expert
Re: Aftermath Of Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Fire (Photos, Video) by ameh99: 9:15am On Dec 27, 2021
OreMI22:

Can you just shot you pile hole

Re: Aftermath Of Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Fire (Photos, Video) by Loreettaa: 9:43am On Dec 27, 2021
ppogba:

Suddenly,.South- south has been attached to it.

Ebeano is south east, ok
Next is presumably south east, ok

Give us an example of the.south south to justify the attachment.

Thank you.
I don't have any examples. Just a premonition. Southern owned businesses are being targeted.
Re: Aftermath Of Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Fire (Photos, Video) by Tyress: 10:04am On Dec 27, 2021
OreMI22:

This is Nigeria for you, nothing happens naturally or due to our negligence, always blaming another one for our falls. Vanity upon vanity=vanity

2 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Fire (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 10:09am On Dec 27, 2021
Christmas fireworks, firecrackers and explosives might have contributed to the intensity of the fire. I believe the Supermarket will deny the existence of such products to make things easy for Loss Adjusters and other risk factors evaluators.

Almost two decades ago, a very big Company with warehouse at Ikeja got burnt on Saturday midnight till on Sunday before it was noticed. Computer products running into millions of Naira got burnt. The following morning their bankers came to sympathise with them amidst several sympathisers. Fortunately or unfortunately, the Owner who lives abroad came to Nigeria less than a week before the incident happened. He was on ground. He complained that he had wanted to insure the business from the US. He said he trusted the US Insurance more than the Nigerian Insurance companies. We got to know the business was insured by a Nigerian Insurance company through a very reliable Insurance Broker.

The man was paid 100% for the loss by the Insurance firm.
Re: Aftermath Of Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Fire (Photos, Video) by sulaak(m): 10:18am On Dec 27, 2021
Rugaria:

Why are you desperate to insist that this is not as a result of arson or politically motivated, when you have no single proof to back up your vehement assertion? If you consider those insinuating that this was triggered by an arsonist to be playing victim, how about you that don't have any proof otherwise but want all of us to believe that the fire occured naturally, are you not diabolically mischievous?

I don't know whether it's arson or negligence. Probably both, but I am fed up with Igbo victimisation, in a country where all Nigerians are victims of a failed country called Nigeria.

I wish Igbo's will stick to their demand for an independent Biafra because any political leader with good intentions will fail in Nigeria.
Re: Aftermath Of Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Fire (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 10:27am On Dec 27, 2021
sulaak:

I don't know whether it's arson or negligence. Probably both, but I am fed up with Igbo victimisation, in a country where all Nigerians are victims of a failed country called Nigeria.

I wish Igbo's will stick to their demand for an independent Biafra because any political leader with good intentions will fail in Nigeria.

On another level, having posted earlier that Insurance would pay for the loss , another question is this; if this mall were to belong to Tinubu or Fashola or Osinbajo this thread
and all other threads on this inferno would have gone up to ten pages, Instagram would have been set on fire and the type of kind hearted and good reasoning emotions exhibited by some people would have been missing. Heavens would have been let loose.
Re: Aftermath Of Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Fire (Photos, Video) by nnol(m): 1:34pm On Dec 27, 2021
emmanuelbrown26:

U sounded like an expert
yeah, i have deep knowledge on fire prevention measures and experience too.
Re: Aftermath Of Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Fire (Photos, Video) by emerich(m): 2:18pm On Dec 27, 2021
daddytime:
When I remember and picture this Mall at its best on a normal business day, this sight brings tears to my eyes.

Life...

It is well.

Let's hope the insurance will be activated if any.

This mall in particular gave me and my family wonderful memories while in Abuja, we would go for shopping and take amazing pics, not forgetting the best bread ever, Next Cash and carry bread was the best I had ever had.
Re: Aftermath Of Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Fire (Photos, Video) by toluwalopsy(f): 2:29pm On Dec 27, 2021
Flier:
All these disasters can be traced down to religion fanatism in Africa,I can't understand how the whole nation will shut down because of festive period to the extent that there won't be anyone to monitor business and core infrastructures. For example
Most networks are not working perfectly at the moment
Bank apps are not working perfectly
PHCN light isn't okay either
Almost everything is down at the moment and it will be like this till January
It's just very sad religion is killing us in Africa,things will keep burning till everyone is back to work in January to monitor them

This has nothing to do with religion. Here in abroad most organizations don't open except those offering essential services. Just say the Nigerian system is bleeped up. Oyinbos don't joke with Christmas o so it's not a religion thing but rather a bad government.
Re: Aftermath Of Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Fire (Photos, Video) by sulaak(m): 5:27am On Dec 28, 2021
babaolofin:

On another level, having posted earlier that Insurance would pay for the loss , another question is this; if this mall were to belong to Tinubu or Fashola or Osinbajo this thread
and all other threads on this inferno would have gone up to ten pages, Instagram would have been set on fire and the type of kind hearted and good reasoning emotions exhibited by some people would have been missing. Heavens would have been let loose.

Tinubu, Fashola or Osinbajo do not represent Yoruba people. The Igbo's should take of their own business.
Re: Aftermath Of Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Fire (Photos, Video) by suffering: 10:05pm On Jan 01, 2022
So many theories drawn by ignorant Nairalanders and the real cause may turn out a random short circuit. Nothing concern me, life continues. Existence on earth is full of experiences, this was one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"My Trillionaire Friend" Femi Otedola And Dangote Pictured Together At An Event / Aliko Dangote Unveils SunTrust Bank, Nigeria’s First Fintech Bank / Alex Ekwueme & Olasubomi Balogun Story: Nobody Knows Tomorrow (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.