Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,402 members, 7,815,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

The One Thing I Dislike About Nairaland!! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / The One Thing I Dislike About Nairaland!! (497 Views)

Dear Seun, Nairaland Needs A 'dislike' Button For Users To Express Displeasure / The ONE Thing No One Tells You About Blogging In Nigeria / Facebook Tests Its New “downvote Button” Not “dislike Button” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The One Thing I Dislike About Nairaland!! by Nobody: 8:42am On Dec 27, 2021
Is this message here:

Please wait for a few minutes before submitting this post. Our server is overwhelmed.

I mean in this day and age. It’s the ONLY website that I visit that is this irritating (but it’s the only Nigerian website that I visit so maybe it’s par for the course).

I sometimes have to wait upwards of 6 hours before my post is accepted (I’ve once waited 2 days, absolute waste of time). Bang out of order!

No waiting on Facebook, Twitter, Reddit etc and they have more traffic than Nairaland.

The owner should sort this out in the New Year. Come out of the stone age please. It’s because Nigerians tend to accept mediocrity. If people had been voting with their feet, Seun would have sorted this out.

Let me go and have a cup of tea and calm down.

Ps. In case I’m banned for complaining/speaking out, you can contact me here:
https://www.youtube.com/c/1MinuteWithTina
https://www.youtube.com/c/TheBibleWithTina
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbOLc7mDbJrPb9lz_4yYRPQ
Tiktok.com/@1minutewithtina

3 Likes

Re: The One Thing I Dislike About Nairaland!! by Ayo081(m): 10:05am On Dec 27, 2021

Ps. In case I’m banned for complaining/speaking out, you can contact me here:
grin

I'm not sure why, Nairaland is very light weight due to it's design. I guess that was one of the reasons the owner isn't trying to change the design.

And i have seen cases the owner apologized and gave reasons for breakdown. I guess you're the only one experiencing this.

You might want to use another browser. I use Chrome for Android.

Seun lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: The One Thing I Dislike About Nairaland!! by Nobody: 10:50am On Dec 27, 2021
Ayo081:

grin

You might want to use another browser. I use Chrome for Android.

Seun lalasticlala

Okay thank you. I'll try another browser and see if it makes a difference. I'll report back grin

1 Like

Re: The One Thing I Dislike About Nairaland!! by Ayo081(m): 11:32am On Dec 27, 2021
PastorM:

Okay thank you. I'll try another browser and see if it makes a difference. I'll report back grin

Please do.

1 Like

Re: The One Thing I Dislike About Nairaland!! by Nobody: 12:00pm On Dec 27, 2021
Ayo081:

Please do.

I've been trying to create a post in the Religion forum

I've tried Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome
Still getting Please wait for a few minutes before submitting this post. Our server is overwhelmed.

I'll now try FireFox, Opera and Internet Explorer

It does take 6 hours to fly to Nigeria so maybe it takes 6 hours to connect to Nairaland grin

I'd been trying since yesterday to create this very post on webmasters to complain about the service. I was only successful this morning.
Re: The One Thing I Dislike About Nairaland!! by Ayo081(m): 12:24pm On Dec 27, 2021
PastorM:

I've tried Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome
Still getting Please wait for a few minutes before submitting this post. Our server is overwhelmed.

I'll now try FireFox, Opera and Internet Explorer

Oh shocked

PastorM:

It does take 6 hours to fly to Nigeria so maybe it takes 6 hours to connect to Nairaland grin

ROTF grin

2 Likes

Re: The One Thing I Dislike About Nairaland!! by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 27, 2021
Ayo081:

Oh shocked

None of them work. Still trying to create a post. May have to reconsider my use of Nairaland in the New Year which is such a shame as I get my naija news from here but I don't only want to take. I want to give back and the only way I can do that is by creating posts but I do not have the patience nor tenacity of refreshing for upwards of 6 hours.

O ti oh grin
Re: The One Thing I Dislike About Nairaland!! by Ayo081(m): 2:42pm On Dec 27, 2021
PastorM:

None of them work. Still trying to create a post. May have to reconsider my use of Nairaland in the New Year which is such a shame as I get my naija news from here but I don't only want to take. I want to give back and the only way I can do that is by creating posts but I do not have the patience nor tenacity of refreshing for upwards of 6 hours.

O ti oh grin

I could only imagine the disatsifaction.

Ema ji na si wa ma grin

1 Like

Re: The One Thing I Dislike About Nairaland!! by Nobody: 3:06pm On Dec 27, 2021
I've now found out the brouhaha grin

Dukio:

You have created many threads advertising your youtube page and NL has noticed it. If you should seek the mods, you will be told that you should pay for ad.

You won't be able to make any new thread unless you create another profile. Happened to me wink
Re: The One Thing I Dislike About Nairaland!! by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 27, 2021
So I'll be bowing out graciously from Nairaland.

Here's wishing you all a Happy And Prosperous New Year.

1 Like

Re: The One Thing I Dislike About Nairaland!! by Dukio: 3:09pm On Dec 27, 2021
And you left embarassed
Re: The One Thing I Dislike About Nairaland!! by Ayo081(m): 4:39pm On Dec 27, 2021
shocked
Re: The One Thing I Dislike About Nairaland!! by Healthrelatedjo: 5:50pm On Dec 27, 2021
I'll miss you pastor m,I won her giveaway and added the money to my gas cylinder money.Thanks alot for everything pastor m.

1 Like

Re: The One Thing I Dislike About Nairaland!! by Ayo081(m): 7:25pm On Dec 27, 2021
Healthrelatedjo:
I'll miss you pastor m,I won her giveaway and added the money to my gas cylinder money.Thanks alot for everything pastor m.

God bless her really

undecided
Re: The One Thing I Dislike About Nairaland!! by letitrainnow(m): 9:39pm On Dec 27, 2021
The love banning a lot.

(1) (Reply)

Facebook Phone To Hit Markets In 12 Months. / Get A Good Website For Your Business At A Very Reasonable Price.cont:07037494103 / We Know How To Trade Successfully

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.