Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,508 members, 7,823,191 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

Aun Sacks 11 Lecturers, Hires 17 Expatriates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aun Sacks 11 Lecturers, Hires 17 Expatriates (5957 Views)

CCT Trial: Saraki Hires 66-SAN Defence Team / Ex-militants Threaten To Blow Up Hijacked Vessel, Expatriates Onboard Over Biafr / Atiku's University (AUN) Feeds 270,000 Boko Haram Victims Daily - BBC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aun Sacks 11 Lecturers, Hires 17 Expatriates by ektbear: 5:39pm On Jun 15, 2011
Yola — AMERICAN University of Nigeria, (AUN) Yola Adamawa State has 11 lecturers of their appointment even as it employed 17 expatriate lecturers.

Interestingly the sacked lecturers are from Nigeria and other African countries.

Though the reason for the sack of the lecturers is scanty, one of the affected dons claimed that the decision was taken against them because of their critical stand on decisions taken by the institution's senate.

The source said "the Americans who are running this university allow democracy in their country, but most unfortunately, they refuse democracy to prevail in Africa, this is exactly what they are doing in this university".

But, a statement issued by the spokesman of the university, Mr. Abba Tahir, said the contract which six of the lecturers signed before taking responsibility in the school was not renewed, while 5 others were made redundant for reasons best known to the university.

"Dr. Margee Esign has hired two new accomplished Deans for two of the three schools, and 17 new members of the faculty. In the process, 6 previous members of the teaching faculty were not renewed-all contracts at AUN are for limited terms and these six had expired in normal course of events and five others were made redundant" The statement said.

He emphasized that the AUN engages none of its workers in a permanent and pensionable job, reaffirming that all jobs in the AUN were only on contract basis, while the institution takes responsibility to end all contracts at its mercy.

Meanwhile, the university said its decisions were borne out of strengthening the university's vision of being a world class institution.

http://allafrica.com/stories/printable/201106150762.html
Re: Aun Sacks 11 Lecturers, Hires 17 Expatriates by obowunmi(m): 5:42pm On Jun 15, 2011
No one will enroll in your school if you don't have Americana and Londona Professors.
Re: Aun Sacks 11 Lecturers, Hires 17 Expatriates by DisGuy: 5:46pm On Jun 15, 2011
Though the reason for the sack of the lecturers is scanty, one of the affected dons claimed that the decision was taken against them because of their critical stand on decisions taken by the institution's senate.

Maybe they want to start their usual union and political adventure
Re: Aun Sacks 11 Lecturers, Hires 17 Expatriates by enyojo(f): 10:26am On Jun 16, 2011
That is why the Athiefkus and Obasanjos and other PdP hawks will never allow Nigerian Universities to develop.
How can a Leader who was supposed to be neutral in order not to allow his business interests conflict with his national interests have a University while in office? So terrible!!
Re: Aun Sacks 11 Lecturers, Hires 17 Expatriates by buzugee(m): 10:33am On Jun 16, 2011
kudos to the university. sack all them african lecturers  grin grin maybe they wanted to start collecting bribes from students or start selling handouts or harrassing female students and whatnot. i think the university has it right. give lecturers contracts as opposed to permanent placements. that way they perform. thats the only way to deall with africans. with iron fist.
Re: Aun Sacks 11 Lecturers, Hires 17 Expatriates by angelz(f): 11:13am On Jun 16, 2011
I cant say much until l know the basis for their sack from the oda side.
Humans can give noble reasons for the most henious crimes esp. when caught.
Mayb they deserve to be sacked, maybe not.
A typical Nigerian is selfish, not a typical American.
So,
Re: Aun Sacks 11 Lecturers, Hires 17 Expatriates by MaiSuya(m): 11:23am On Jun 16, 2011
obowunmi:

No one will enroll in your school if you don't have Americana and Londona Professors.

tru
Re: Aun Sacks 11 Lecturers, Hires 17 Expatriates by chemicaldom(m): 11:42am On Jun 16, 2011
buzugee:

kudos to the university. sack all them african lecturers  grin grin maybe they wanted to start collecting bribes from students or start selling handouts or harrassing female students and whatnot. i think the university has it right. give lecturers contracts as opposed to permanent placements. that way they perform. thats the only way to deall with africans. with iron fist.
I am disappointed by d above. Na oyibo holy pas? Until the main reason 4 their sack is known, i suggest we desist 4rm creating racial divides.
Re: Aun Sacks 11 Lecturers, Hires 17 Expatriates by SUV(f): 11:50am On Jun 16, 2011
That is why the Athiefkus and Obasanjos and other PdP hawks will never allow Nigerian Universities to develop.
How can a Leader who was supposed to be neutral in order not to allow his business interests conflict with his national interests have a University while in office? So terrible!!

what has the news got to do with PDP, Atiku and OBJ?

can't u for once face the subject of discussion?
Re: Aun Sacks 11 Lecturers, Hires 17 Expatriates by angelz(f): 12:05pm On Jun 16, 2011
some pples lives are completely politicised.
dey cant think out of the box (politics)
Re: Aun Sacks 11 Lecturers, Hires 17 Expatriates by 9jarocks(m): 12:18pm On Jun 16, 2011
Cos the school is owned by Atiku offcourse
Re: Aun Sacks 11 Lecturers, Hires 17 Expatriates by luluosas(m): 1:07pm On Jun 16, 2011
Well, the story may be true or not but, for I know, AUN does not hire a lecturer on pensionable conditions. All staff, particularly teaching staff are all on contract employment. Even the President of the University is also on contract employment. During the time of recruitment to the teaching positions, all applicants are tested and interviewed in the US, whether Nigerian, African or from the West. It is the same criteria.
So, before you crucify the university Senate for what they have done, it is good you know the foundation of the whole matter. Meanwhile, I will find out from Abba Tahir today about the truthfulness or otherwise in this publications and whatever he tells me, I will share it with you all. Have a nice day.
Re: Aun Sacks 11 Lecturers, Hires 17 Expatriates by Sagamite(m): 1:15pm On Jun 16, 2011

The source said "the Americans who are running this university allow democracy in their country, but most unfortunately, they refuse democracy to prevail in Africa, this is exactly what they are doing in this university".

What a fcking cretinous and moronic statement.

Since when did work in an academic institution done on the basis of democracy.

The utterer of that statement is a fooool!
Re: Aun Sacks 11 Lecturers, Hires 17 Expatriates by luluosas(m): 1:45pm On Jun 16, 2011
I just emailed Abba Tahir, the Public Relations Director of AUN. Please, let's await his reactions on this matter.
Re: Aun Sacks 11 Lecturers, Hires 17 Expatriates by sleekman(m): 1:49pm On Jun 16, 2011
Whats wrong with Nairaland/Seun? I posted a topic of Hon. Ekwunife lesbian sex on here and u guys deleted it why? Abi Seun una don collect Ghana must go?
Re: Aun Sacks 11 Lecturers, Hires 17 Expatriates by jamest3(m): 2:03pm On Jun 16, 2011
Don't really care about that college, how many Nigerians can afford it. As for the sacked, hmmm, it will be suddenly 'a hard knock life' for them.
Re: Aun Sacks 11 Lecturers, Hires 17 Expatriates by sleekman(m): 2:06pm On Jun 16, 2011
Re: Aun Sacks 11 Lecturers, Hires 17 Expatriates by MMM2(m): 2:25pm On Jun 16, 2011
na wao
Re: Aun Sacks 11 Lecturers, Hires 17 Expatriates by Gbenge77(m): 2:32pm On Jun 16, 2011
Thats a harsh move by the University authorities.
Re: Aun Sacks 11 Lecturers, Hires 17 Expatriates by otokx(m): 2:39pm On Jun 16, 2011
contract employees
Re: Aun Sacks 11 Lecturers, Hires 17 Expatriates by MeandSum: 3:48pm On Jun 16, 2011
sleekman:

Whats wrong with Nairaland/Seun? I posted a topic of Hon. Ekwunife lady-loving-lady sex on here and u guys deleted it why? Abi Seun una don collect Ghana must go?

Why the f#%K should someone having lady-loving-lady sex concern us? It is their life,  unless you are an homophob.
Re: Aun Sacks 11 Lecturers, Hires 17 Expatriates by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jun 16, 2011
Some of them forged their qualifications, especially O'level. Let me see the list if those three I know were affected.
Re: Aun Sacks 11 Lecturers, Hires 17 Expatriates by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jun 16, 2011
God bless them all. Yola is unlivable.
Re: Aun Sacks 11 Lecturers, Hires 17 Expatriates by vitality22(m): 4:24pm On Jun 16, 2011
Not until I have a reliable story, i reserve my comments
Re: Aun Sacks 11 Lecturers, Hires 17 Expatriates by ChefMike(m): 4:43pm On Jun 16, 2011
Let's leave everything to God.God will help them all.
Re: Aun Sacks 11 Lecturers, Hires 17 Expatriates by Sagamite(m): 5:26pm On Jun 16, 2011
MeandSum:

Why the f#%K should someone having lesbian sex concern us? It is their life, unless you are an homophob.

What is a homophob (sic)?
Re: Aun Sacks 11 Lecturers, Hires 17 Expatriates by luluosas(m): 5:50pm On Jun 16, 2011
@jerseyboy God bless them all. Yola is unlivable.

That is not true. How then are the Foreigners scrambling for jobs here in Yola? You need to visit Yola before you make your empty remark.
Please, wait until I furnished you with details from AUN first. Abba Tahir didn't respond to my email to him earlier but, I will call him on his phone tomorrow morning.
Re: Aun Sacks 11 Lecturers, Hires 17 Expatriates by Sagamite(m): 6:25pm On Jun 16, 2011
luluosas:

That is not true. How then are the Foreigners scrambling for jobs here in Yola? You need to visit Yola before you make your empty remark.
Please, wait until I furnished you with details from AUN first. Abba Tahir didn't respond to my email to him earlier but, I will call him on his phone tomorrow morning.

Abeg, you fit post pictures of Yola? I am curious.
Re: Aun Sacks 11 Lecturers, Hires 17 Expatriates by member479760: 8:56pm On Jun 16, 2011
i guess the afro lecturers, made in african might be lacking behind in modern technology due to our lack of hands on. just imagine, a made in nigeria professor of electrical engineer teaching electricity that never saw/real work on electrical plant in his life, then what did you expect the students to do upon completion?
Re: Aun Sacks 11 Lecturers, Hires 17 Expatriates by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jun 16, 2011
Sagamite:

Abeg, you fit post pictures of Yola? I am curious.
luluosas:

The Sun is unbearable. You may need daily panadol to survive.
Re: Aun Sacks 11 Lecturers, Hires 17 Expatriates by Sagamite(m): 9:33pm On Jun 16, 2011
jerseyboy:

The Sun is unbearable. You may need daily panadol to survive.

The sun is unbearable in Dubai too. grin
Re: Aun Sacks 11 Lecturers, Hires 17 Expatriates by falgar: 9:45pm On Jun 16, 2011
sleekman:

http://www.yousabi.com/video/2187/Hon-Uche-Ekwunife-in-Alleged-Lesbian-Sex-Act--HUHUONLINE

Ekwunife must resign
ABEG GO SLEEP JOR. HER SEXUAL LIFE COMPLIMENTS HER PERSONAL LIFE.SHE CAN DECIDE TO BE STINGY WITH THE OPPOSITE SEX.
LAST TIME FOOLS LIKE YOU BLASTTED THAT SHE IS SLEEPING WITH ALL THE POLITICAL GOD FATHERS IN ANAMBRA STATE, NOW YOU ARE CRYING FOOL THAT SHE IS
STINGY AND HAS RESORTED TO SAME SEX. PLS BEG HER IF U VE BEEN DYING FOR HER TOO TOOO, MSCHEW

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Wanna Be A Nigerian, So Frigging Bad. Being A Russian Is So Sad. . . (video) / Tinubu’s Takeover Of Bellview In Jeopardy / Small unmanned object Flying Around Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.