Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,918 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Which should I go for from these 2 Laptop - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Which should I go for from these 2 Laptop (419 Views)

Between HP Pavilion 15 (gaming) Or Acer Nitro 5, Which Should I Go For? Overall. / Baddest Dell Twist Core 2 Laptop - Laptop To Tablet / Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which should I go for from these 2 Laptop by Unigrad: 11:04am On Dec 27, 2021
Which is the best option?

Re: Which should I go for from these 2 Laptop by Unigrad: 11:24am On Dec 27, 2021
The second one

Re: Which should I go for from these 2 Laptop by Holymann(m): 11:36am On Dec 27, 2021
Go for the first
Re: Which should I go for from these 2 Laptop by Unigrad: 1:10pm On Dec 27, 2021
Holymann:
Go for the first
Please, what's your reason?
Someone said AMD processor overheat in tropics.
Re: Which should I go for from these 2 Laptop by BJanta: 3:21pm On Dec 27, 2021
Unigrad:
The second one

If you get a 15''' monitor with the 2nd one, go for it. It's like comparing Toyota products with Mazda's. There's what we call compatibility factor by which computer and computer components are rated for quality ,performance and durability . In this measurement, Intel is used as the standard unit , and all others are rated down away from it. The compatibility factor for AMD ( American Micro Devices) is 20%, means that if an AMD processor, for example, is rated to be of
1000 gigahertz, an Intel processor of 800 gigahertz would give exactly the same performance, and may cost less.
Re: Which should I go for from these 2 Laptop by Unigrad: 4:38pm On Dec 27, 2021
BJanta:

If you get a 15''' monitor with the 2nd one, go for it. It's like comparing Toyota products with Mazda's. There's what we call compatibility factor by which computer and computer components are rated for quality ,performance and durability . In this measurement, Intel is used as the standard unit , and all others are rated down away from it. The compatibility factor for AMD ( American Micro Devices) is 20%, means that if an AMD processor, for example, is rated to be of
1000 gigahertz, an Intel processor of 800 gigahertz would give exactly the same performance, and may cost less.
The second one is 14''
Re: Which should I go for from these 2 Laptop by udemzyudex(m): 4:58pm On Dec 27, 2021
Pic the 2nd one
Re: Which should I go for from these 2 Laptop by udemzyudex(m): 5:01pm On Dec 27, 2021
They are just the same thing, just that one have graphic,but I'll still advice you pic the second one
Re: Which should I go for from these 2 Laptop by udemzyudex(m): 5:03pm On Dec 27, 2021
Unigrad:

Not AMD processor but AMD graphic chip
Re: Which should I go for from these 2 Laptop by Holymann(m): 5:09pm On Dec 27, 2021
Unigrad:

It's not an AMD processor, it's an Intel processor with AMD graphics card. Most AMD cards perform way better than Intel graphics card.
Re: Which should I go for from these 2 Laptop by BJanta: 5:50pm On Dec 27, 2021
Unigrad:

The second one is 14''

I don't like 14'' monitors. But I tell you, monitors don't add anything to the performance of a computer system, except the visual pleasure. Therefore, my choice is still the 2nd one.
Re: Which should I go for from these 2 Laptop by Holymann(m): 5:56pm On Dec 27, 2021
BJanta:

An AMD graphics card is different from an AMD processor.
Both systems have an Intel quad core i5 processor but the first one is actually a more recent product with with a newer generation processor and dedicated graphics card from AMD
There there's a one is 84xx while the other is 85xx
There's also a reason one is described as a gaming laptop
Re: Which should I go for from these 2 Laptop by Unigrad: 6:10pm On Dec 27, 2021
Holymann:

Both systems have an Intel quad core i5 processor but the first one is actually a more recent product with with a newer generation processor and dedicated graphics card from AMD
There's also a reason one is described as a gaming laptop
Which one do you suggest I go for?
Re: Which should I go for from these 2 Laptop by Unigrad: 6:13pm On Dec 27, 2021
Holymann:

It's not an AMD processor, it's an Intel processor with AMD graphics card. Most AMD cards perform way better than Intel graphics card.
Re: Which should I go for from these 2 Laptop by BJanta: 6:40pm On Dec 27, 2021
[quote author=Holymann post=108859713]
There's also a reason one is described as a

I was wondering, cos I could see that the have Intel processor, which makes them Intel. In the light of this and because the 2nd one is dated, pick the 1st one ASAP. Don't seek for any further counsel, else you would be misled .
Re: Which should I go for from these 2 Laptop by Holymann(m): 7:21pm On Dec 27, 2021
Unigrad:

The first one.
The first one is basically an upgraded version of the second.
Like and iPhone X and iPhone Xs
Re: Which should I go for from these 2 Laptop by letitrainnow(m): 9:50pm On Dec 27, 2021
The 2nd
Re: Which should I go for from these 2 Laptop by majesticguy: 2:39pm On Dec 28, 2021
Well OP, it depends on what you want to use the laptop for.

If you are looking for a system that'd run basic tasks alone, the second one would do just fine.

But

If you want a system that'd handle more than just basic tasks alone, then the first one is your best choice.

Just like some folks here rightly pointed out, both are almost the same laptop, but the first is better than the second because of the dedicated graphics card.

Word of advice. If you are getting the first one & you intend using it for either graphics related tasks or for light gaming, do get a cooling pad, else, be ready to change the processor once every 6 months or less.

(1) (Reply)

Elitebook 8440P Available / Uk Used Dell Latitude E5520 Intel Core I5 Motherboard @2.30ghz 14.0inch For Sell / Clean Dell Lattitude 3540 Core I3 8gb Ram 500gb Hdd For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.