Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,457 members, 7,954,793 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:32 AM

Is It Worth It Switching To A Career In Telecommunication - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Worth It Switching To A Career In Telecommunication (1042 Views)

Switching From Account To Tech / Switching From Chemistry To Chemical Engineering / Should I Take CFA Exams And Is It Worth It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Worth It Switching To A Career In Telecommunication by hopefullyanon: 2:49pm On Dec 27, 2021
I'm a civil engineer with about 3 years of high quality experience, but I'm slowly loosing interest(most cause of the working conditions of my former place of work).

Recently i got two job offers. One from one of the top telecom companies in the world and the second from one of the top oil and gas companies in the world.

For the oil and gas company, i would continue working as a civil engineer, and for the telecom, it would be new, but I'm fine with that. Both companies are offering good pay.

I'm just curious about the prospects of the telecommunication world. Especially as i plan on doing my masters in Canada in a year or two. I'm going to be 25 soon and i need to get myself right.

Is it a vibrant industry or should i stay on my lane I'm already great at?

1 Like

Re: Is It Worth It Switching To A Career In Telecommunication by BetterKola: 3:40pm On Dec 27, 2021
hopefullyanon:
I'm a civil engineer with about 3 years of high quality experience, but I'm slowly loosing interest(most cause of the working conditions of my former place of work).

Recently i got two job offers. One from one of the top telecom companies in the world and the second from one of the top oil and gas companies in the world.

For the oil and gas company, i would continue working as a civil engineer, and for the telecom, it would be new, but I'm fine with that. Both companies are offering good pay.

I'm just curious about the prospects of the telecommunication world. Especially as i plan on doing my masters in Canada in a year or two. I'm going to be 25 soon and i need to get myself right.

Is it a vibrant industry or should i stay on my lane I'm already great at?

Since the oil and gas is in line with what you are doing, you can choose the oil and gas.

If you want to explore new opportunity you can try the telecommunication.

Please what is the name of the oil and gas if you don't mind.
Re: Is It Worth It Switching To A Career In Telecommunication by hopefullyanon: 4:02pm On Dec 27, 2021
BetterKola:

Since the oil and gas is in line with what you are doing, you can choose the oil and gas.

If you want to explore new opportunity you can try the telecommunication.

Please what is the name of the oil and gas if you don't mind.

Total
Re: Is It Worth It Switching To A Career In Telecommunication by BetterKola: 4:48pm On Dec 27, 2021
hopefullyanon:

Total
Congratulations man...is it the cooperative or the total Energies.

Please accept the offer.
Re: Is It Worth It Switching To A Career In Telecommunication by hopefullyanon: 4:53pm On Dec 27, 2021
BetterKola:

Congratulations man...is it the cooperative or the total Energies.

Please accept the offer.

***** I honestly have to think about it and future prospects. Thanks for the input
Re: Is It Worth It Switching To A Career In Telecommunication by BetterKola: 8:59am On Dec 28, 2021
Re: Is It Worth It Switching To A Career In Telecommunication by Ch1g: 1:09pm On Dec 28, 2021
I work with a telecommunication vendor, which I wouldn't want to disclose.

Working with a telecommunication company is not a bad idea, it's a dream come true. But if it's a vendor, think again. Think about your time and your future. Because the responsibilities are quite demanding....

1 Like

Re: Is It Worth It Switching To A Career In Telecommunication by hopefullyanon: 1:53pm On Dec 28, 2021
Ch1g:
I work with a telecommunication vendor, which I wouldn't want to disclose.

Working with a telecommunication company is not a bad idea, it's a dream come true. But if it's a vendor, think again. Think about your time and your future. Because the responsibilities are quite demanding....

thanks for the advice...by vendor, do you mean telecom equipment vendor(like Ericson ) or service providers (like mtn) ... I often miss one for the other.
Re: Is It Worth It Switching To A Career In Telecommunication by BetterKola: 12:59pm On Jan 01, 2022
hopefullyanon:

***** I honestly have to think about it and future prospects. Thanks for the input

Hello dear..... compliment of the season.

I believe by now you would have made your choice.

Wishing you the very best.

1 Like

Re: Is It Worth It Switching To A Career In Telecommunication by Ch1g: 4:04pm On Jan 02, 2022
When I say vendor, I mean the equipment providers. The reason is because they are involved in Managed Services most times which is operating and managing network for the providers. To this end, you work round the clock to ensure network availability at all time. For network providers, you supervise the vendor or managed service company to ensure your customer enjoys your network.

Hope you understand. Vendors are Huawei, Ericsson, Nokia/Siemens, ZTE e.t.c, Network providers are MTN, Airtel, 9mobile

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

An Info Please! / Neco Sells Scratch Cards To Check For Aptitude Test Invitation / Joe Okoro! How Authentic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.