Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,289 members, 7,867,767 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 12:03 AM

My New House, Direct From Landlord - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My New House, Direct From Landlord (641 Views)

DIRECT FROM LANDLORD: 3br Flat & Min-flats In Surulere / Is It Possible To Get An Accommodation Directly From Landlord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My New House, Direct From Landlord by afrobaby(f): 6:42pm On Jun 15, 2011
Really, am so impressedand I must confess I love nairaland for this, to so many people, it is impossiblE to get a house in lagos without paying agency or commission fee, but alas, myself and my fiance got our house, a nEw apartment for that matter, with tiles, water and constant light direct from the landlord, it's a 3 bedroom flat, paid 230 per annum and only paid 20K as legal fee and 20K as caution fee, who says it is not possible, patience pays and God still answers prayer
Re: My New House, Direct From Landlord by Fhemmmy: 6:47pm On Jun 15, 2011
I think most landlords need to walk this route too.
However, on the other note . . . . Someone has to be very careful cos some tenant will move in and after the 2 years rent, they will never pay again, and now the landlord would have to start the chase.
But the money charged by the agent is just ridiculous, so i would probably suggest the use of only certified Estate Surveyors and Valuers
Re: My New House, Direct From Landlord by harakiri(m): 7:12pm On Jun 15, 2011
Fhemmmy:

[color=#990000][b]I think most landlords need to walk this route too.
However, on the other note . . . .  Someone has to be very careful cos some tenant will move in and after the 2 years rent, they will never pay again, and now the landlord would have to start the chase.
But the money charged by the agent is just ridiculous, so i would probably suggest the use of only certified Estate Surveyors and Valuers [/b][/color]

A lot of landlords who have walked that route have lived to regret it (i am one of them among numerous others). My point is, a lot of human beings don't appreciate it when you make an effort to make life easier for them. A lot of them would actually think you're a MUGU and even call you that in your face! ! !

Landlords are not beasts. Bad tenants make them so.

Nuff said! ! !
Re: My New House, Direct From Landlord by Fhemmmy: 7:21pm On Jun 15, 2011
harakiri:

A lot of landlords who have walked that route have lived to regret it (i am one of them among numerous others). My point is, a lot of human beings don't appreciate it when you make an effort to make life easier for them. A lot of them would actually think you're a MUGU and even call you that in your face! ! !

Landlords are not beasts. Bad tenants make them so.

Nuff said! ! !

Words of the wisdom
Re: My New House, Direct From Landlord by DisGuy: 7:24pm On Jun 15, 2011
What is Caution fee? like deposit?
Re: My New House, Direct From Landlord by harakiri(m): 7:25pm On Jun 15, 2011
Fhemmmy:

Words of the wisdom

You posted on my thread in the property section concerning the warehouses and admin blocks close to RCCG. Are you the one interested or you have someone who's interested?
Re: My New House, Direct From Landlord by Fhemmmy: 7:35pm On Jun 15, 2011
harakiri:

You posted on my thread in the property section concerning the warehouses and admin blocks close to RCCG. Are you the one interested or you have someone who's interested?

I am the one looking for something for myself in Nigeria . . . The son of man is getting to the stage where home is home . . . . .
Re: My New House, Direct From Landlord by harakiri(m): 8:10pm On Jun 15, 2011
@fhemmmy. . . It all depends on what kind of assets you're interested in. You can reach me on my number posted in my earlier posts in the property section so we discuss in detail.

(1) (Reply)

Bungalow @ Satelite Town Just For A Give Away Prize 6m / A Block Of 6nos Of 2b/r On A Plot For Sale @ Abule Egba.13m Asking / Building And Engineering Services At Its Best

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.