Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,383 members, 7,861,057 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:29 PM

Before You Join The Marital Chariots - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Before You Join The Marital Chariots (210 Views)

Marital Rape: Indian Court Rules Against Wife Who Sued Husband For Forced Sex / When Did You Join Nairaland And What Amount Of Time Have You Spent Online / Marital War: You Are My Girlfriend, Not Wife – Husband (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before You Join The Marital Chariots by FullBlastLight: 2:49pm On Dec 28, 2021
Well, I do believe & I'm quite convinced that no reasonable person goes into marriage with a definite plan to exit the very next day!

However, it's quite an unfortunate & disturbing truth that, the world has witnessed some marriages that don't even last till the next day of the wedding ceremony.

Of course, I read sometime ago of a couple's marriage that abruptly ended just at the reception table!

From the alarming news, we gathered that there was a sharp contention & altercation between the newly wedded couple over the ownership of the cash sprayed at the wedding/reception scenes.

According to the storyline, the husby sternly claimed the cash realised should be his, while the wifey too with a very strong stance, stubbornly insisted that all the cash sprayed on them should be hers!

Sadly, as petty as this issue seems to be, it's what was pin-pointed as what led to the premature death of the marriage at the reception table!

In my opinion, such seemingly petty issues truncate marriages simply because the ground or foundation upon which such marital unions are built is simply soundy!

Soundy, because some intending couples hardly ever consider their areas of Core Values {or compatibility} vis-a-vis their peripheral areas of values or attraction.

When intending couples' areas of Core Values are in consonant with each other, no dissonance arising in the areas of peripheral values will ever be able to disintegrate the union or split the two partners.

It's the areas of compatibility that make partners to so much stick together through thick & thin, thus resisting, and mutually fighting against separation every inch of the way.

To the singles & the youths, just before you intoxicatingly join the Marital Chariots, consider & give priority or preference to the areas of compatibility as against the areas of attraction, so that the marriage can strongly stand the test of time {just like some notable individuals in our respective climes who have record of ever-green romance or marital bliss}.

Such Areas Of Core Values/Compatibility That Shouldn't Be Taken For Granted Include:

1. Vision
2. Spirituality {religious faith}
3. Intellectualism {education}
4. Responsibility
5. Integrity
6. Industry {lazy or hardworking}
7. Discipline {self-control, emotional maturity, etc.}
8. Sexuality
9. Health history/status
10. Etc, etc.

Peripheral Areas Of Attraction {that in my opinion, shouldn't be prioritise above the aforementioned, because they hardly ever hold marriage together at difficult times}.

1. Appearance {wears, curvatures, physique, height, complexion, or beauty}
2. Sense of humour
3. Social or financial status
4. Language or State of origin
5. Introverted or extroverted
6. Virginity
7. Whether the prospective in-laws are still alive or dead!
8. Etc, etc.

The point here is that, marriage will sweetly last when people prioritise what is major, while thoughtfully placing the minor stuff at bay, where they actually belong.

Or, what in your own opinion do you think are the causes of the alarming rate of marital failure in this contemporary world of ours?

Re: Before You Join The Marital Chariots by faithfull18(f): 2:52pm On Dec 28, 2021
My opinion is, someone pass me the mic, I want it to be loud. We already have too much talk on marriages, kilode, let's rest. Doesn't mean your opinion isn't valid sha.

2 Likes

Re: Before You Join The Marital Chariots by Amanee(f): 3:02pm On Dec 28, 2021
You people should rest, marriage is not the beginning and end of the world

1 Like

Re: Before You Join The Marital Chariots by Magnoliaa(f): 5:10pm On Dec 28, 2021
Pastor Blasting Light in the buiilding.

E ku ise oluwa, sir. cheesy Thank you for blessing us with your words of wisdom.

'Tis an insightful post.

1 Like

Re: Before You Join The Marital Chariots by anthonyuncle(m): 2:05am On Dec 29, 2021
are you married?

(1) (Reply)

Edozechange. / Pillow Talk: Jana Kramer Once Accepted Boyfriend Beau Had A ‘small Penis’ / Listen To This Before You Start Your Day!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.