Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,345 members, 7,811,995 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:32 AM

New Zealand Woman Becomes First To Cast News With Face Tattoo(Photos) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / New Zealand Woman Becomes First To Cast News With Face Tattoo(Photos) (1585 Views)

New Zealand Gets First Gay Deputy PM And A Foreign Minister With Facial Tattoo / New Zealand Mosque Attack: 49 Dies As White Supremacist Opens Fire / Dubai-based Woman Becomes The 1st Indian To Buy 2019 Rolls-Royce Cullinan SUV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Zealand Woman Becomes First To Cast News With Face Tattoo(Photos) by Explorers(m): 2:54pm On Dec 28, 2021
A Kiwi newsreader has made history by becoming the first person to anchor a TV news bulletin with a face tattoo.

​Oriini Kaipara, 37, who has a moko kauae, a traditional lower chin tattoo worn by Māori women, read Newshub Live's 6pm news bulletin on Monday.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10348829/amp/Newsreader-traditional-Maori-face-tattoo-makes-history-reading-New-Zealands-6pm-news.html

1 Like

Re: New Zealand Woman Becomes First To Cast News With Face Tattoo(Photos) by shagamite: 2:55pm On Dec 28, 2021
Loooks like a costume. E no bad if na good news but if otherwise undecided
Re: New Zealand Woman Becomes First To Cast News With Face Tattoo(Photos) by Explorers(m): 2:56pm On Dec 28, 2021
We've got a good team at Newshub, I don't feel the pressure as much as I used to when I first started out in journalism.

But that comes with doing the hard yards, and then actually realising it and doing it is really exciting.'

I'm very much aware that I'm the first [with moko kauae] to anchor a six o'clock primetime news bulletin.' she said.

1 Like

Re: New Zealand Woman Becomes First To Cast News With Face Tattoo(Photos) by Explorers(m): 2:57pm On Dec 28, 2021
Kaipara is bilingual and of Tūhoe, Ngāti Awa, Tūwharetoa and Ngāti Rangitihi descent, something she proudly displays while working as a prominent journalist.

'That is always at the back of my mind, that every step I make is like breaking through a glass ceiling.

'It's breaking new ground for us as Māori, but also for people of colour. Whether you've got a moko kauae or not.'

Māori facial and body tattooing, known as Tā moko, represents the wearer's family heritage and social status.

For Māori women the moko was a rite of passage, marking the passage between girl and adulthood and symbolises a personal process of transformation.

2 Likes

Re: New Zealand Woman Becomes First To Cast News With Face Tattoo(Photos) by SportsHD: 2:57pm On Dec 28, 2021
Traditional tattoo
Re: New Zealand Woman Becomes First To Cast News With Face Tattoo(Photos) by RiyadhGoddess(f): 2:57pm On Dec 28, 2021
Waoooh I've gat tattoos in my body but a face tattoo is a No No for me.

Already preparing for next year 2022? Let's help you with your social media content calender for 2022 & if your business isn't online yet, DM me to get started!
Re: New Zealand Woman Becomes First To Cast News With Face Tattoo(Photos) by Felabrity: 2:58pm On Dec 28, 2021
Scary though

1 Like

Re: New Zealand Woman Becomes First To Cast News With Face Tattoo(Photos) by RiyadhGoddess(f): 2:58pm On Dec 28, 2021
Face tribal marks & designs comes to mind

Already preparing for next year 2022? Let's help you with your social media content calender for 2022 & if your business isn't online yet, DM me to get started!
Re: New Zealand Woman Becomes First To Cast News With Face Tattoo(Photos) by Felabrity: 2:58pm On Dec 28, 2021
RiyadhGoddess:

exactly
Re: New Zealand Woman Becomes First To Cast News With Face Tattoo(Photos) by DemMannaScam: 2:58pm On Dec 28, 2021
The tattoo spoilt her fine face

E be like bia bia grin

Same way tribal mark dey scatter afonja & janjaweeed dem face

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: New Zealand Woman Becomes First To Cast News With Face Tattoo(Photos) by ignis: 3:00pm On Dec 28, 2021
Eroding of morals.
Re: New Zealand Woman Becomes First To Cast News With Face Tattoo(Photos) by Felabrity: 3:01pm On Dec 28, 2021
Just like this woman

Re: New Zealand Woman Becomes First To Cast News With Face Tattoo(Photos) by money121(m): 3:03pm On Dec 28, 2021
Seen
Re: New Zealand Woman Becomes First To Cast News With Face Tattoo(Photos) by heniford2: 3:20pm On Dec 28, 2021
Beautiful if is in Africa mostly Nigeria Ahaa! Dem 4 done bring down earth with ill mindset and religious oppression

1 Like

Re: New Zealand Woman Becomes First To Cast News With Face Tattoo(Photos) by Hanibbal(m): 3:24pm On Dec 28, 2021
Righteousness2 babylon don fall finish. shocked grin
Re: New Zealand Woman Becomes First To Cast News With Face Tattoo(Photos) by suffering: 3:37pm On Dec 28, 2021
Old news.
Re: New Zealand Woman Becomes First To Cast News With Face Tattoo(Photos) by ATEAMS: 3:40pm On Dec 28, 2021
Booosheeett
Re: New Zealand Woman Becomes First To Cast News With Face Tattoo(Photos) by Treasure17(m): 5:33pm On Dec 28, 2021
Disgusting. Her decision her headache anyway.
Re: New Zealand Woman Becomes First To Cast News With Face Tattoo(Photos) by descarado: 5:38pm On Dec 28, 2021
This looks tribal.

When it's sin by our pastors undecided

A pastor once said putting on jeans by men is a sin.
I just can't deal with those masochists.
Re: New Zealand Woman Becomes First To Cast News With Face Tattoo(Photos) by BlackfireX: 12:38am On Dec 29, 2021
Is she married...??
Re: New Zealand Woman Becomes First To Cast News With Face Tattoo(Photos) by chux4liv(m): 12:11am On Dec 30, 2021
If she is the first, what will you now say of our Yoruba, Hausa or Igala origin that reads news in NTA back in 70's & 80's with tribal mark
Re: New Zealand Woman Becomes First To Cast News With Face Tattoo(Photos) by 2Lynx(m): 9:03am On Dec 30, 2021
This is a traditional tattoo, see the write up there,
Same with roman reigns and rocks tattoo, the similarities between both proves they are of Viking ancestry, same as the women above, they are aboriginals the original black owners of new Zealand, so it's normal they hold their cultural values close, at least if they wouldn't lose all their traditional identity....

1 Like

Re: New Zealand Woman Becomes First To Cast News With Face Tattoo(Photos) by Aaronsrod: 10:54pm On Dec 30, 2021
The pastors must warn them of this dangerous practices.

It will only bring the Devil.

This believes must be cast aside.

Jesus alone is their salvation.

Re: New Zealand Woman Becomes First To Cast News With Face Tattoo(Photos) by Ayobami7(m): 10:43am On Dec 31, 2021
Really??
Since all these years, she is first Maori woman with face tattoo to cast news??
Ommo thank God for African way of life oo
Re: New Zealand Woman Becomes First To Cast News With Face Tattoo(Photos) by PenelopeA(f): 5:19pm On Dec 31, 2021
Beautiful

2 Likes

Re: New Zealand Woman Becomes First To Cast News With Face Tattoo(Photos) by Jakumo(m): 7:15am On Jan 02, 2022
Felabrity:
Scary though

That tattoo is just plain nasty looking. It gives that previously beautiful woman the hideous appearance of a person suffering from a disfiguring skin disease.

Oh well, I suppose it could have been worse.

(1) (Reply)

A World 1st: 2 Openly Gay Men Become Prime Minister & Deputy PM / ISIS Releases Horrifying Footage Of Child Soldiers Executing Taliban Captives / This Is Why Russia Will Suffer Enormous Defeat If Confronted By USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.