Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,500 members, 7,954,917 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:29 PM

Watch!... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Watch!... (90 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Watch!... by topshore(f): 2:59pm On Dec 28, 2021
Scripture Text: Mathew 26: 41

The Bible tells us to watch and pray!
While prayer has been an integral part of Christians, it is also important to watch as much as we pray.

To be watchful is simply to look out for something: our footsteps, our words, our decisions and so on. We need to be conscious of the things going on around us or in our lives so that we will not stumble.

What are the things to Watch?
1. Watch for temptation lest you fall. We are to be watchful for temptation of the flesh (Gal 5: 19-21). Sin such as gluttony, sexual immorality, passing values or things of vanity, anger, unforgiveness, unfaithfulness, lies and whatever that can make man fall off from God must be put on watch.

2. Watch for the Second Coming of our Lord Jesus Christ (Revelations 19:11-16 ; John 14:1-3). The second coming of Jesus Christ is the hope of believers that God is in control of all things, and is faithful to the promises and prophecies in His Word. In His first coming, Jesus Christ came to earth as a baby in a manger in Bethlehem, just as prophesied. Jesus fulfilled many of the prophecies of the Messiah during His birth, life, ministry, death, and resurrection. However, there are some prophecies regarding the Messiah that Jesus has not yet fulfilled. The second coming of Christ will be the return of Christ to fulfill these remaining prophecies. In His first coming, Jesus was the suffering Servant. In His second coming, Jesus will be the conquering King. In His first coming, Jesus arrived in the most humble of circumstances. In His second coming, Jesus will arrive with the armies of heaven at His side. Don't be left out!

3. Watch for life of Wisdom. Only God's Wisdom leads to life. A life of Wisdom is to be filled with divine wisdom in all the things. Applying God's wisdom in your walk with Him is profitable. Many have been defeated by the spirit of ignorance because they refused to ask and follow God's wisdom in their actions and decisions. Not all battles can be fought, there are some words that should not be spoken , there are certain places you should not go, and there are some people you must not confront in life. To know these, you need to watch and ask for God's wisdom. Whenever you apply divine wisdom people will testify that the Spirit of God dwells in you.

The Scripture also enjoins us to be sober and vigilant because our adversary, the devil, moves about roaring and seeking whom he may devour (1Peter 5:cool.

You can't really watch except through the help of the Spirit of God. And the Spirit of God does not dwell where there is sin. So if you want to watch effectively, you need to first give your life to Christ and also receive the baptism of Holy Ghost so that you can get the divine help.

If you would like to give your life to Christ say this short prayer:
"Lord Jesus, I come to You today, come into my life, take control of my life, and change my world, in Your name I pray, amen".

Congratulations!!!

God bless you.

Peace!

Ref: Mountain Top Life Devotional

(1) (Reply)

The Very Last Day I / Dominion I / Choices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.