Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Obasanjo Declares: Jonathan Can’t Fight Corruption! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Declares: Jonathan Can’t Fight Corruption! (4953 Views)

Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark / BOMBSHELL: “pres. Jonathan Can’t Win In 2015″ – Dokubo Asari / BOMBSHELL: “pres. Jonathan Can’t Win In 2015″ – Dokubo Asari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Declares: Jonathan Can’t Fight Corruption! by babaowo: 2:25pm On Jun 16, 2011
hmm baba iyabo,obj should have done it in his tenure and secure the future for the next generation to come,but he his too selffish then,he his realizing his mistake now.
Re: Obasanjo Declares: Jonathan Can’t Fight Corruption! by Lagosboy: 2:31pm On Jun 16, 2011
Gbawe:

My brother hope you got my email? I go dey around soon so we go meet up. Your sisters experience exactly mirrors mine when I collected my Nigerian Passport last year. Every single person was on the take at the Passport office - and openly too. A culture of corruption is now in place , perpetuated by one self-serving 'tool' leader after the other , that is now firmly entrenched to the extent that people do not bother to pretend anymore. Corruption is now the norm.

Corruption will not stop overnight but what would have brought a visible difference, and perhaps begun our march in the right direction, would have been the voting out of the PDP at the Presidential level. A vote for a PDP President is a vote for the continuation of bloated governance, profligacy , corruption and lack of political will. Alas , Nigerians have chosen to retain the PDP at the highest level and we can only wait to see what the next 4 years will reveal.

Yeah got it and replied as well but i have been on d move as well. You wud hear my voice soon though and looking foward to when you return.

I have been hearing all the bad things about the passport office and it also happens at the NHC in london which is a no go area. Civil servants will create every avenue to frustrsate your move to get a job done without paying a bribe. The will creat useless buerocractic bottlenecks to force you to part with some money.

I was leaving Nigeria for europe and the immigration officers kept saying "what do u have for me" you pass one desk and there is another customs officer/NDLEA waiting for you witht he same question , you pass and you meet another set of plain clothes thieves with the same questions and then you go to the boarding gate to meet airline contract staff who frustrate you again in order to extort some money.

In short our leaders are a reflection of the populace and the voting in of PDP by 22 million nigerians is a testimony to that fact.
Re: Obasanjo Declares: Jonathan Can’t Fight Corruption! by MMM2(m): 2:32pm On Jun 16, 2011
obj should go and die.
Re: Obasanjo Declares: Jonathan Can’t Fight Corruption! by otokx(m): 2:35pm On Jun 16, 2011
pro01 has said it well
Re: Obasanjo Declares: Jonathan Can’t Fight Corruption! by Gbenge77(m): 2:37pm On Jun 16, 2011
Lets see how GEJ responds to this.
Re: Obasanjo Declares: Jonathan Can’t Fight Corruption! by dayokanu(m): 2:48pm On Jun 16, 2011
fresh air
Re: Obasanjo Declares: Jonathan Can’t Fight Corruption! by otitokoro1: 2:58pm On Jun 16, 2011
Yes OBJ is talking from experience,

You know his second name is "Baba Corruption" So they cannot fight him grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Obasanjo Declares: Jonathan Can’t Fight Corruption! by hakanai(m): 3:06pm On Jun 16, 2011
OBJ baba,we just can't get enough of you!!! you dey talk true when you like and act as you want am!nothing do you. grin grin grin grin grin grin You no dey fear person.who born monkey!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Obasanjo Declares: Jonathan Can’t Fight Corruption! by jimharry21(m): 3:07pm On Jun 16, 2011
I think Baba should know that we are tired of his anachronistic idealisms!
Re: Obasanjo Declares: Jonathan Can’t Fight Corruption! by hackney(m): 3:24pm On Jun 16, 2011
I personally think that the British should be paid to come back and rule for 100yrs.
( at least we will look like hong-kong in 20yrs)

Good governance is not a black thing.
Re: Obasanjo Declares: Jonathan Can’t Fight Corruption! by bidemi12(m): 3:58pm On Jun 16, 2011
Re: Obasanjo Declares: Jonathan Can’t Fight Corruption!

Confessions of a true criminal. . . .
Re: Obasanjo Declares: Jonathan Can’t Fight Corruption! by DeCleff(m): 5:00pm On Jun 16, 2011
Concept:

Greatest Gbooosa to these two contributions, you guys are well updated. Nigeria is a sick country. The diagnoses proclaimed for now will be an illusion until all the above bolded Characteristics are eliminated and the coloured statement adopted. I love you guys for these honest contributions, I am just unfortunate to be a Nigerian because I am automatically corrupt if only I can come from any other place I have instincts to make me incorruptible. God bless Nigeria. I want more dignified country. I am so sure if I find my way into the Army today; no doubt about it I will stage that thing Western World so detested and tell them enough of DEM ALL CRAZY practices.
House, my message comes with passion, all what I am trying to say is that we need good governance.
wonders will never end. Look OBJ the father of corruption talking nnesense. Ok let him come out to be probed, he was the president and minister of petroleum for eight years, the chairman of TRANSCO INTERNATIÖAL so he bought Nitel through transco, Obj and Peter Odili (ex governor of Rivers state) stole all our money for their selfish purpose. Thjts why till today Odili is the only ex governor that has life imunity. Both criminals owns oando. Let the probe start with Obj if he is sincere
Re: Obasanjo Declares: Jonathan Can’t Fight Corruption! by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jun 16, 2011
DeCleff:

wonders will never end. Look OBJ the father of corruption talking nnesense. Ok let him come out to be probed, he was the president and minister of petroleum for eight years, the chairman of TRANSCO INTERNATIÖAL so he bought Nitel through transco, Obj and Peter Odili (ex governor of Rivers state) stole all our money for their selfish purpose. Thjts why till today Odili is the only ex governor that has life imunity. Both criminals owns oando. Let the probe start with Obj if he is sincere
Do you know how much our foreign reserve was when obasanjo left power? not only did he pay the loans back, it was filled with i think around 30 billion dollars, ever since jonathan took power our foreign reserve is in -only God knows what
the crazy like gods has spoken, jonathan cant fight corruption, accept it
Re: Obasanjo Declares: Jonathan Can’t Fight Corruption! by andyanders: 6:50pm On Jun 16, 2011
By the time they bring OBJ and IBB and get them jailed, as the father of corruption, that would have been the greatest work to be done by the judiciary and it's agencies. This 2 men are the key of the problem this Country is having. They drain Nigerian and still go out to sell Nigeria in a bad form. How did he get himself enriched? A poor farmer who drained this nation and is using United Nations to cover up. OBJ is the worst corrupt leader.
Re: Obasanjo Declares: Jonathan Can’t Fight Corruption! by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jun 16, 2011
andyanders:

By the time they bring OBJ and IBB and get them jailed, as the father of corruption, that would have been the greatest work to be done by the judiciary and the it's agencies. This 2 men are the key of the problem this Country is having. They drain Nigerian and still go out to sell Nigeria in a bad form. How did he get himself enriched? A poor farmer who drained this nation and is using United Nations to cover up. OBJ is the worst corrupt leader.
n jonathan is not the father of corruption?? hasnt he been in politics since 1999, which is defintely be4 then, name one achievement to jonathan name, just one
Re: Obasanjo Declares: Jonathan Can’t Fight Corruption! by Kc3000: 7:59pm On Jun 16, 2011
Obasanjo, stop all this your ranting. You are undoubtedly the biggest thief in this country's history. Shut up and let reasonable people talk. Don't you have a daughter-in-law to sleep with or something?
Re: Obasanjo Declares: Jonathan Can’t Fight Corruption! by boyt1: 8:14pm On Jun 16, 2011
I think GEJ has stopped taken Orders from the father of corruption, that's OBJ's anger.
Re: Obasanjo Declares: Jonathan Can’t Fight Corruption! by Kobojunkie: 8:43pm On Jun 16, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Obasanjo Declares: Jonathan Can’t Fight Corruption! by T9ksy(m): 8:53pm On Jun 16, 2011
I still remember clearly (like it was only yesterday), how OBJoke at his inauguration speech in 1999 solemnly vowed to fight corruption in our society. Despite the fact that IBB at the time was going round telling all those that care to listen, how he spent a cool million pounds to sponsor OBJoke's campaign as everyone was aware that the ugly mofo was dead broke after his recent release from Abacha's gulag.  I laughed so hard, i damn nearly cracked a rib or two.

He subsequently went on to fill his cabinent with the same mofos that were in the corridors of power in the second republic coupled with some militicians and the rest as they say, is history.

I also remember how the same buffoon from otta farm supported Tafa balogun to high heavens even as the IG was brazenly collecting "protection" money from most politicians especially the govenors, senators, members of rep  et al. He only released his attack dogs- Efcc on tafa when the stench of his kleptomania became too unbearable for even OBJoke to stomach.

So yeah, OBJoke definately knows what he's talking about. Not that discerning minds like moi doesn't already know that Odechukwu's purported "Fresh Air" is nothing but "the same old song but with a different tune". Hey, its business as usual. Its Odechukwu's turn to "Chop & Clean mouth". 
Re: Obasanjo Declares: Jonathan Can’t Fight Corruption! by 1025: 9:58pm On Jun 16, 2011
from the way truths are coming out of obasanjo's mouths these days, i am suspecting his time to die is around. he said, if revolution come to nigeria, that he will be the number one target/victim and now he said jonathan cannot fight corruption. these two truths are the best i have ever heard from this beast(obasanjo).
pdp cannot fight corruption because they are corruption themselves. until nigerians are ready to stand up and kick pdp out of the system, corruption will remain a way of life.

is anyone aware of the way about of BEAF? my mind tells me he died in the blast. can someone tell him if he is alive to tell us about the fresh air 2011.
Re: Obasanjo Declares: Jonathan Can’t Fight Corruption! by ebogentle(m): 11:30pm On Jun 16, 2011
It's been a while since I signed into nairaland. I usually just observe.
But I delibrately signed in today just to say "God bless you" to 90% of the
contributors(Pro01 you deserve a special mention) on this thread
just for say things as they are without any sugar-coating or ethno-religious horse crap.
I thought I was the only one wondering if the Govt we want can ever be obtained through the ballot box.
As for those 22M that voted PDP GEJ PDP GEJ PDP GEJ PDP ***ok I am unable to decide
but they know themselves. Chei!!! if only IQ were a measure of eligibility to vote. Just saying, lol
Re: Obasanjo Declares: Jonathan Can’t Fight Corruption! by Obiagu1(m): 12:11am On Jun 17, 2011
Give me Nigeria and I'll rid it of corruption in 3 years
Re: Obasanjo Declares: Jonathan Can’t Fight Corruption! by Nobody: 3:38am On Jun 17, 2011
OBJ needs to be thrown into kiri kiri
Re: Obasanjo Declares: Jonathan Can’t Fight Corruption! by Nobody: 7:34am On Jun 17, 2011
Obiagu1:

Give me Nigeria and I'll rid it of corruption in 3 years

the fear of buhari would have done it in a day! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Obasanjo Declares: Jonathan Can’t Fight Corruption! by agitator: 8:13am On Jun 17, 2011
is he saying this because his anointed one wasn't made house of reps speaker? undecided
Re: Obasanjo Declares: Jonathan Can’t Fight Corruption! by ikooko(m): 8:30am On Jun 17, 2011
I just wonder why some people think managing a country like Nigeria is the same thing as managing a barbing saloon.
most of OBJ critics cannot even manage their homes/business successfully for 4 years, yet they have the effrontery to write rubbish about a wise old man. Bring all the Obamas of this world, they cannot do better than OBJ.

An adage in Yoruba says ''Ohun ti agbalagba ri ni ori ijoko, bomode gungi iroko kole ri'' It means what an old man sees while sitting on a chair, a child cannot see it even if he climbs iroko tree.

OBJ did more good that harm to this country, only the wise and visionary can see it.
Re: Obasanjo Declares: Jonathan Can’t Fight Corruption! by sheriffman(m): 9:49am On Jun 17, 2011
He is not telling us anything new some of us knew all along that GEJ will never be able to fight corruption,Besides he never promised that in any of his campaign speeches so pls look elsewhere to curb corruption not GEJ and not PDP
Re: Obasanjo Declares: Jonathan Can’t Fight Corruption! by nastydamus(m): 11:05am On Jun 17, 2011
I hope GEJ will prove this wrong during his tenure. I'll be watching.

@ Efisher
Why are you suddenly hoping? Some weeks to the general elections, you and your ilk (beaf et al) sounded 120% sure that GEJ was the right man to take us to the promised land. Fast-forward to 15th June and you're already hoping, Beaf is on AWOL and a couple others are on the low.
If OBJ (of all people) can openly take the pis5 on GEJ's bid to tackle corruption, it speaks volumes; push is coming to shove and the citizens are getting restless.
People are leaving the siddon-look attitude and opting for more 'proactive' measures.
I pray for GEJ, but only because of Nigeria, otherwise, it's like whipping a dead horse!
Re: Obasanjo Declares: Jonathan Can’t Fight Corruption! by feyisan: 2:33pm On Jun 17, 2011
@ Lagosboy.
Lagosboy you have spoken my mind. You are 100% spot on. An average Nigerian citizen is corrupt. Nothing could get done without bribing either directly or in style. The whole thing about corruption stinks and unacceptably disgusting. An average Nigerian is not in any better position to challenge or condemn any politician on the issue of corruption. Few years back, I wanted a post office box in Nigeria, bribe was demanded from me in style. You only ignore such moves, if you had time to waste, as they will make sure you spend a week on just thirty minutes activity. In all honesty, only Murtala of blessed memory and Buhari/Idiagbon put up an effort during their different regimes, before the fool that called himself IBB came to throw them out. The evil genus succeeded in destroying the little moral fabric left in Nigerian society. Obasanjo was no better. His best was not just enough. I think he is presently engaged in such activity that almost cost him his life during Abacha regime. A pot calling fry pan black. It is only God Himself that will deliver Nigeria/Nigerians from those devilish and destrctive hands of CORRUPTION when the time comes. Sad. Isn't it?
Re: Obasanjo Declares: Jonathan Can’t Fight Corruption! by sunnyprof: 6:36pm On Jun 17, 2011
Baba Obasanjo is right (don't call this elder just 'Obj', he is not your mate!!!)

He may not have been a saint but no proven case of stealing has been established against him.
He is human, Nigerian and (sorry too say) may not be highly intellectual to discern some of the things
wrong in his reign or policies he endorsed also (e.g. fuel importation and subsidy which groomed some cabal on us)

However, you can give this to him, that - he had good intentions !!

He was like a dictator, he had to pursue some few selected 'rougues' (but they were rouges really)
and he might have some personal agenda to make sure no one questions his actions, yet he ahd only used the
right instrument which if the succesive govt could continue to now fight in the right direction hencforth, that consistency
will over time sensitise the growing generation that 'there is now a disdaine for corruption in Nigeria'

Efcc, icpc, nafdac or NDLEA are not bad on their own, in fact they are the right tools, but how will the current and coming govts use it is the issue
(Chief Obasanjo's time is gone) so we should use these tools well now (selected justice or not, if the culprits are rogues indeed, punish them!!!)
Re: Obasanjo Declares: Jonathan Can’t Fight Corruption! by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jun 17, 2011
so
the fact that there was 8years of record high oil prices with no tangible development is not proof enough?

The fact that he stated that he had put aside $16billiion dollars (Dollars not Naira!!) to give us light and has not accounted for the money is not proof enough?

The fact that he devalue Naira by 500% at a time or record oil prices and stole from evry Nigerian's pocket is not proof?

What type proof you want sef? angry

sunnyprof:

Baba Obasanjo is right

He may not have been a saint but no proven case of stealing has been established against him.

Re: Obasanjo Declares: Jonathan Can’t Fight Corruption! by Musiwa52: 7:09pm On Jun 17, 2011
Obasanjo is telling you, the truth. Jonathan can not fight corruption.

Look , you just seen them bomb the police headquarter.
Nigeria problem is ethnicity and not corruption. and if we dont improve that. we are wasting our time. The one way is to remove Edo,delta and Yoruba people.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Could Our Comparative Advantage Be Health Care? / Nairaland Bans People For Insulting A Member But Not The President / Breaking: A copy of The Document Tinubu Tried To Ban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.