Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

My Toyota Highlander 2008 Making Noises At The Rear. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Toyota Highlander 2008 Making Noises At The Rear. (1024 Views)

How Much And Where In Lagos/ibadan Can I Get The Rear Thin Back Light Of Honda / Can You Spot The Unusual Error On The Rear Badge Of This Porsche Cayenne SUV? / 5 Car Noises You Should Not To Ignore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Toyota Highlander 2008 Making Noises At The Rear. by Amenaghwon: 7:43pm On Dec 29, 2021
My 2008 Toyota highlander is making funny noises from rear, I've changed everything from shock absorbers, to linkages, to bushings, even the sway bar, and I still have the noises.
Please help
Re: My Toyota Highlander 2008 Making Noises At The Rear. by lilvicky68(m): 7:46pm On Dec 29, 2021
Since you have changed everything maybe the noise is from your head..
Just buy earbud and clean your ears properly..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Toyota Highlander 2008 Making Noises At The Rear. by toyeoye(m): 8:05pm On Dec 29, 2021
lilvicky68:

Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: My Toyota Highlander 2008 Making Noises At The Rear. by OGraffix(m): 8:24pm On Dec 29, 2021
lilvicky68:

grin
Re: My Toyota Highlander 2008 Making Noises At The Rear. by revived2: 8:36pm On Dec 29, 2021
lilvicky68:

grin grin grin

Op I also use 08 highlander , e fit be the small rings in the hub

1 Like

Re: My Toyota Highlander 2008 Making Noises At The Rear. by Amenaghwon: 8:42pm On Dec 29, 2021
revived2:

grin grin grin
Op I also use 08 highlander , e fit be the small rings in the hub
Thank you, I will have it checked tomorrow. Please any other suggestion is welcome.

2 Likes

Re: My Toyota Highlander 2008 Making Noises At The Rear. by agohmamuda(m): 8:50pm On Dec 29, 2021
Amenaghwon:

Thank you, I will have it checked tomorrow.
Please any other suggestion is welcome.

Just check the break pad and the disc also.
Re: My Toyota Highlander 2008 Making Noises At The Rear. by Amenaghwon: 9:22pm On Dec 29, 2021
agohmamuda:

Just check the break pad and the disc also.
Thank you, would also have this checked and give an update tomorrow.
Re: My Toyota Highlander 2008 Making Noises At The Rear. by kingreign(m): 3:29am On Dec 30, 2021
Amenaghwon:
My 2008 Toyota highlander is making funny noises from rear, I've changed everything from shock absorbers, to linkages, to bushings, even the sway bar, and I still have the noises.
Please help

Have another mechanic check it.

If you're in Abuja, I can offer such service.
Re: My Toyota Highlander 2008 Making Noises At The Rear. by Amenaghwon: 6:23am On Dec 30, 2021
kingreign:

Have another mechanic check it.

If you're in Abuja, I can offer such service.
Good morning and thank you, I've had it checked by three mechanics and that brought about changing all the parts but I'm still getting the same results. I am in Lagos I would have brought it over.
Re: My Toyota Highlander 2008 Making Noises At The Rear. by kingreign(m): 7:20am On Dec 30, 2021
Amenaghwon:

Good morning and thank you, I've had it checked by three mechanics and that brought about changing all the parts but I'm still getting the same results. I am in Lagos I would have brought it over.
Since you're in Lagos, have a mechanic check the rear beam, have him take a spanner to tighten ALL bolts and nuts. Also, he should check the axle and its bushings too.

By the way, was this car involved in a rear end impact?
Re: My Toyota Highlander 2008 Making Noises At The Rear. by Amenaghwon: 10:40am On Dec 30, 2021
kingreign:

Since you're in Lagos, have a mechanic check the rear beam, have him take a spanner to tighten ALL bolts and nuts. Also, he should check the axle and its bushings too.

By the way, was this car involved in a rear end impact?
Thanks once more, at the mechanic and they are checking as per everyone's suggestions and I hope this can be resolved, don't know if it was involved in a rear end impact got it a tokunbo three months ago, was making noise all over, I was told it was the absorbers, and they were all changed, only for the noise to remain at the rear.
Re: My Toyota Highlander 2008 Making Noises At The Rear. by kingreign(m): 11:26am On Dec 30, 2021
Amenaghwon:

Thanks once more, at the mechanic and they are checking as per everyone's suggestions and I hope this can be resolved, don't know if it was involved in a rear end impact got it a tokunbo three months ago, was making noise all over, I was told it was the absorbers, and they were all changed, only for the noise to remain at the rear.

Ask your mechanic to honestly tell you if it's been involved in a rear end collision

1 Like

Re: My Toyota Highlander 2008 Making Noises At The Rear. by olumzzz(m): 9:59pm On Jan 02, 2022
kingreign:

Ask your mechanic to honestly tell you if it's been involved in a rear end collision
His mechanic might not know.
Op, check the history of your vehicle to see if it's been in an accident
Re: My Toyota Highlander 2008 Making Noises At The Rear. by sultaan(m): 11:27am On Jan 03, 2022
I hope you kept all the parts they took off because you are just buying parts.

To diagnose this you have to open the trunk sit in the booth then bounce up and down to see if it is a stationary part noise, then you drive at different speed to see if it is a moving part noise

(1) (Reply)

Lexus Es350. 2011 Model. For Sale / Questions On Toyota 4runner 2004 Model... / Check Out The First Made In Nigeria Toyota Vehicle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.