Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,621 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

Toyota Corolla 2007/08 Shuts Off At Low Speed Early In The Morning - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Toyota Corolla 2007/08 Shuts Off At Low Speed Early In The Morning (553 Views)

From Canada Tokunbo Cars At Low Prices / Buy And Ship Cars At Low Cost From Germany, USA & United Arab Emirate. / 2 Units Of 2007/08 Camry Sports V6 Engine Full Option (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Corolla 2007/08 Shuts Off At Low Speed Early In The Morning by femoric(m): 8:26pm On Dec 29, 2021
Dear Friends on Nairaland
Please help analyse my car's problem.

For almost two months now, I've been experiencing the below issue on my Toyota Corolla 08, small body, just like 07.

Whenever I set out in the morning, after allowing the car to warm up, (I allow the temperature get to normal level), the car goes off repeatedly at low speed (10km or more) most especially when I match the brakes. I will have to shift the gear to neutral, start it up and move, it does this repeatedly for an average 'start and off' to 10 to 15 times before it becomes normal. Once it's normal, it won't happen the whole day even when parked for long hours. But the next morning, wahala again.
At times, the car goes off while warming it too, on stand still.
I have taken it for several auto diagnose, changed fuel filter, fuel pump, airflow-meter, ignition coils, spark plugs, serviced the throttle, the nozzles etc. But till date, I still experience this thing.

Please help. Thanks

cc: Gazzuzz
Re: Toyota Corolla 2007/08 Shuts Off At Low Speed Early In The Morning by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:59pm On Dec 29, 2021
femoric:

For almost two months now, I've been experiencing the below issue on my Toyota Corolla 08, small body, just like 07.

Whenever I set out in the morning, after allowing the car to warm up, (I allow the temperature get to normal level), the car goes off repeatedly at low speed (10km or more) most especially when I match the brakes. I will have to shift the gear to neutral, start it up and move, it does this repeatedly for an average 'start and off' to 10 to 15 times before it becomes normal. Once it's normal, it won't happen the whole day even when parked for long hours. But the next morning, wahala again.
I have taken it for several auto diagnose, changed fuel filter, fuel pump, airflow-meter, ignition coils, spark plugs, serviced the throttle, the nozzles etc. But till date, I still experience this thing.

Please help. Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsHA_lpCt64
Re: Toyota Corolla 2007/08 Shuts Off At Low Speed Early In The Morning by Grupo(m): 10:14pm On Dec 29, 2021
femoric:

Please help. Thanks

Why don't you just scan the car?

If mechanics around you don't have a scanner, you can order one (Bluetooth scanner) from Jumia and run the scan yourself.

I suspect your VVTi solenoid.
Re: Toyota Corolla 2007/08 Shuts Off At Low Speed Early In The Morning by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:33am On Dec 30, 2021
Grupo:

If mechanics around you don't have a scanner, you can order one (Bluetooth scanner) from Jumia and run the scan yourself.

https://www.nairaland.com/6885954/xtool-advance-ad10-auto-car

1 Like

Re: Toyota Corolla 2007/08 Shuts Off At Low Speed Early In The Morning by Ugoholly: 5:59am On Dec 30, 2021
Check out the sensors
Re: Toyota Corolla 2007/08 Shuts Off At Low Speed Early In The Morning by femoric(m): 7:27pm On Dec 30, 2021
Thanks for your response Gazzuzz, but the throttle has been cleaned using carb cleaner a couple of times.
GAZZUZZ:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsHA_lpCt64
Re: Toyota Corolla 2007/08 Shuts Off At Low Speed Early In The Morning by femoric(m): 7:29pm On Dec 30, 2021
Really appreciate your input Grupo, as a matter of fact, this your suggestion hasn't been done on the car yet. I've seen several videos on YouTube and I think I'll get it done on the car and provide feedback here over the weekend.
Grupo:

1 Like

Re: Toyota Corolla 2007/08 Shuts Off At Low Speed Early In The Morning by femoric(m): 7:30pm On Dec 30, 2021
Thanks for your response. Pls which of the sensors are you suggesting i check? I've worked on a couple of sensors, still the problem persists
Ugoholly:
Check out the sensors
Re: Toyota Corolla 2007/08 Shuts Off At Low Speed Early In The Morning by femoric(m): 1:18pm On Jan 04, 2022
Just like I promised to revert after changing the VVTI Solenoid, I did.
It was tough to get a good one but I eventually did.
Still, this problem persists.
Again, I took it for diagnose, I was told to change the crankshaft sensor. To no meaningful success

(1) (Reply)

Honda Civic 09 For Quick Sale / Tokunbo 2008 Toyota Tacoma / '99 Model Toyota Camry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.