Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,022 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Poll: Are You Satisfied With Efcc's Handling Of Bankole's Prosecution? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Poll: Are You Satisfied With Efcc's Handling Of Bankole's Prosecution? (2524 Views)

Poll: Poll: Are You Satisfied With Efcc's Handling Of Bankole's Prosecution?

Yes: 34% (29 votes)
No: 65% (55 votes)
This poll has ended

Kokori, N-delta APC Leaders Stoking My Row With EFCC —tompolo / I’m “reasonably Satisfied” With Buhari So Far — Obasanjo / Don't intimidate us with EFCC,PDP Senators Warn FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Poll: Are You Satisfied With Efcc's Handling Of Bankole's Prosecution? by bioye(m): 7:50am On Jun 16, 2011
Are you satisfied with the way EFCC is handling the prosecution of Bankole?  What do you think they could do better?  Please, vote and share your comments.
Re: Poll: Are You Satisfied With Efcc's Handling Of Bankole's Prosecution? by dempeople(m): 11:09am On Jun 16, 2011
It shouldn't be only Bankole but others too which is why we need the scrapping of the immunity clause for office holders while also having a very strict, disciplined and almost-incorruptible person as EFCC chairman.

With this move, I'm sure a lot will think twice before looting!
Re: Poll: Are You Satisfied With Efcc's Handling Of Bankole's Prosecution? by LKRavitz(m): 11:10am On Jun 16, 2011
im not satisfied cos the douche is still smiling.its  more like childs play what happend to the alleged 1 billion in UBA?
Re: Poll: Are You Satisfied With Efcc's Handling Of Bankole's Prosecution? by dustydee: 11:14am On Jun 16, 2011
I don't like the way he was granted bail and then re arrested. They could have lumped the charges together.
Re: Poll: Are You Satisfied With Efcc's Handling Of Bankole's Prosecution? by Hardeyorlah(f): 11:29am On Jun 16, 2011
I dont believe 1 billion was found in UBA
Re: Poll: Are You Satisfied With Efcc's Handling Of Bankole's Prosecution? by irelanda: 11:36am On Jun 16, 2011
I am not satisfied. Legally, i believe the trial is procedurally flawed as indicated by the honourable SAN. Mr Keyamo is a private Lawyer who requires constitutional approval from the A.G to prosecute in criminal matters. Aside the procedural irregularities that pervades this trial, i honestly believe that this particular trial is politically motivated. I am saying this because the person who represents the 'epitome of corruption in Nigeria' sits comfortably in Minna. The guy in minna institutionalised corruption in Nigeria. EFCC should start from Minna instead. Further, all the charges against Bankole relate to monies taken for the benefits of all the members of the House of Reps, but this trial is being presented as if he took monies for personal gains.
Re: Poll: Are You Satisfied With Efcc's Handling Of Bankole's Prosecution? by ogaemma: 11:46am On Jun 16, 2011
Drama work, EFCC is a dog that can bark but cannot bite.Open your eyes and see how Mrs. Waziri have destroyed EFCC. Believe me, Bankole will soon breath fresh air.
Re: Poll: Are You Satisfied With Efcc's Handling Of Bankole's Prosecution? by MaiSuya(m): 12:00pm On Jun 16, 2011
if EFCC cannot prosecute an individual without approval from the AGN, pray what then is its (EFCC) function? Why not just leave everything to the AGN's affice?

I though the whole idea of having a body like EFCC was to prevent undue govt interference during the prosecution of corrupt public officlas, may of whom may have close ties with the gove.

So what happens when the AGF himself is found wanting?

BTW I recall that amendment was made during the Aondoakaa' reign. That was not the way EFCC was
Re: Poll: Are You Satisfied With Efcc's Handling Of Bankole's Prosecution? by Koolking(m): 12:07pm On Jun 16, 2011
NO, I am not satisfied. He should have been shot and claimed accidental discharge. This would have paved way for the search light to beam on other corrupt ex-members of the house. The case should be fast-tracked
Re: Poll: Are You Satisfied With Efcc's Handling Of Bankole's Prosecution? by yesboss20(m): 12:38pm On Jun 16, 2011
Honestly, to say things are bad is an understatement. Due process on one hand, why is it that justice is almost never meted out? Delay is the order of the day. I'm beginning to reason that the accused might truly be innocent!
Re: Poll: Are You Satisfied With Efcc's Handling Of Bankole's Prosecution? by ikennabru: 1:04pm On Jun 16, 2011
one day monkey go go market ,
Re: Poll: Are You Satisfied With Efcc's Handling Of Bankole's Prosecution? by agitator: 1:30pm On Jun 16, 2011
Mai Suya:

if EFCC cannot prosecute an individual without approval from the AGN, pray what then is its (EFCC) function? Why not just leave everything to the AGN's affice?

I though the whole idea of having a body like EFCC was to prevent undue govt interference during the prosecution of corrupt public officlas, may of whom may have close ties with the gove.

So what happens when the AGF himself is found wanting?

BTW I recall that amendment was made during the Aondoakaa' reign. [/b]That was not the way EFCC was

and they endorsed it to protect themselves.

dem_people:

It shouldn't be only Bankole but others too which is why we need the scrapping of the [b]immunity clause
for office holders while also having a very strict, disciplined and almost-incorruptible person as EFCC chairman.

With this move, I'm sure a lot will think twice before looting!

I hate it when educated people mention this immunity clause. There is immunity for the president, vp, and the top public office holders in various countries of the world. Yet they don't loot the treasury dry and leave debts behind.

The immunity clause is not a license to steal or commit criminal acts by those protected by the clause.

In USA there is immunity clause in the constitution before Illinois governors George Ryan and Rod Blagojevich were convicted.

What about all the corrupt civil servants, public office holders, governors that have left office, etc? Are they still protected by the immunity clause?

Nigeria is a case of beating about the bush, chasing shadows. In fact i don't know what to use to describe this country.
Re: Poll: Are You Satisfied With Efcc's Handling Of Bankole's Prosecution? by SSaemoenl(m): 1:44pm On Jun 16, 2011
I heard that Chief Judge of the Federal High Court, Justice Ibrahim Ndah Auta over his visit to the Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission [EFCC] may be on how to sort out the release of Bank-Ola. Still reading and watching the drama.
Re: Poll: Are You Satisfied With Efcc's Handling Of Bankole's Prosecution? by switchmax8: 1:52pm On Jun 16, 2011
i am not satisfy where are the principal officers that shared the loot.where is tunde akogun,tanbuwal and others
Re: Poll: Are You Satisfied With Efcc's Handling Of Bankole's Prosecution? by jamest3(m): 1:58pm On Jun 16, 2011
Like every Nigerian, if I'm not satisfied wetin I fit do, abi you sef wan do something?
Re: Poll: Are You Satisfied With Efcc's Handling Of Bankole's Prosecution? by Intrepid1(m): 2:07pm On Jun 16, 2011
The EFCC is a joke. We all know that for a fact! This charade will soon end, especially after Farida is slapped with several ghana-must-go bags!
Re: Poll: Are You Satisfied With Efcc's Handling Of Bankole's Prosecution? by MMM2(m): 2:12pm On Jun 16, 2011
no
Re: Poll: Are You Satisfied With Efcc's Handling Of Bankole's Prosecution? by Diplomma: 2:56pm On Jun 16, 2011
Hardeyorlah:

I dont believe 1 billion was found in UBA
So how much do u believe was found then
Re: Poll: Are You Satisfied With Efcc's Handling Of Bankole's Prosecution? by Lolabbey: 3:33pm On Jun 16, 2011
HMMMMMMM,NAIJA,
we are stil watching oo,lets see how tins eventualy unfold
Re: Poll: Are You Satisfied With Efcc's Handling Of Bankole's Prosecution? by ikooko(m): 3:52pm On Jun 16, 2011
His arrest/prosecution is just a distraction; except all the beneficiaries of the looted funds go to jail with him. which i doubt.
Re: Poll: Are You Satisfied With Efcc's Handling Of Bankole's Prosecution? by Mpetempe(m): 4:22pm On Jun 16, 2011
Cant you hear the Man and his depute are bailed.

So you see! Naija and corruption.
Bailed #50,000 000 each.
Re: Poll: Are You Satisfied With Efcc's Handling Of Bankole's Prosecution? by Rhino5dm: 7:06pm On Jun 16, 2011
We know the trick and can never be fooled. His arrest was a stage managed stunt pull by GEJ to draw some sympathy from US. "How can you humiliate the best supporter of mine" taking out words from GEJ's mouth. Thank God we have suicide bombers.
Re: Poll: Are You Satisfied With Efcc's Handling Of Bankole's Prosecution? by boyt1: 8:00pm On Jun 16, 2011
Fight against Corruption should start from somewhere, from the Top no matter the Tribe, no boarders. Bankole should not be granted bail.
Infact, he should be made to refund a large sum of the stolen cash , then get a reduced jail term. May be others will learn.
Re: Poll: Are You Satisfied With Efcc's Handling Of Bankole's Prosecution? by member479760: 8:01pm On Jun 16, 2011
do what dey do to thief in lagos.
Re: Poll: Are You Satisfied With Efcc's Handling Of Bankole's Prosecution? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jun 16, 2011
Fundamental question, Did Bankole steal the money alone?? Maybe the 300+ ex-rep members should be questioned too.
Re: Poll: Are You Satisfied With Efcc's Handling Of Bankole's Prosecution? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jun 16, 2011
Fundamental question, Did Bankole steal the money alone?? Maybe the 300+ ex-rep members should be questioned too.
Re: Poll: Are You Satisfied With Efcc's Handling Of Bankole's Prosecution? by blessbe: 9:10am On Jun 17, 2011
they sld please release him,d efcc has really teach him a lesson so they sld release or do they want to kill him,his blood will be upon them if they do,GOD will judge us according to our deed even bankole.
Re: Poll: Are You Satisfied With Efcc's Handling Of Bankole's Prosecution? by kufreabasi(m): 2:28pm On Jun 17, 2011
Nooooooooooooooooooooo, EFCC is encouraging more looters, armed robbers in the nation
Re: Poll: Are You Satisfied With Efcc's Handling Of Bankole's Prosecution? by ifyegede(m): 3:23pm On Jun 17, 2011
Hell no! Where r ALL his co-looters? Y is justice(whether real or perceived) always selective in dis country? It kind of makes it appear as if Bankole is bin persecuted. At d risk of sounding tribalistic, y is it dat d very few EFCC convicts r almost all of southern extraction. R northern politicians not corrupt 2? Is David Mark any cleaner than Bankole? Wat of IBB, Atiku? WHOSOEVA, irrespective of tribe, religious or political affiliation, is alleged 2 b corrupt, d person shd b thoroughly investigated & if found guilty, shd b adequately punished by asking him/her 2 refund ALL d monies stolen, forfeiture of prime properties and a fairly long jail term in 1 of d harshest prisons within Nigerian territory.
Re: Poll: Are You Satisfied With Efcc's Handling Of Bankole's Prosecution? by ifyegede(m): 3:23pm On Jun 17, 2011
Hell no! Where r ALL his co-looters? Y is justice(whether real or perceived) always selective in dis country? It kind of makes it appear as if Bankole is bin persecuted. At d risk of sounding tribalistic, y is it dat d very few EFCC convicts r almost all of southern extraction. R northern politicians not corrupt 2? Is David Mark any cleaner than Bankole? Wat of IBB, Atiku? WHOSOEVA, irrespective of tribe, religious or political affiliation, is alleged 2 b corrupt, d person shd b thoroughly investigated & if found guilty, shd b adequately punished by asking him/her 2 refund ALL d monies stolen, forfeiture of prime properties and a fairly long jail term in 1 of d harshest prisons within Nigerian territory.
Re: Poll: Are You Satisfied With Efcc's Handling Of Bankole's Prosecution? by yemisiola: 3:43pm On Jun 18, 2011
Bankole's case is just that of "who has more power", the EFCC is just trying to bring him down the way they tried to do with Ndidi Okereke, i know soon enough the truth will prevail, God help Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

What Has Jonathan Achieved Since He Came Into Politics? / Ngige Suffers Yet Another Disaster As Another Strong Backer Backs Off / BEHOLD: The MKO Abiola International Airport, Osun (under Construction)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.