Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,670 members, 7,813,236 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:10 AM

Nigerian Slangs: - Forum Games - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Nigerian Slangs: (3523 Views)

Mention Nigerian Slangs You Know / UK slangs / Nigerian Slangs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Slangs: by Godsgirl(f): 5:18am On Jul 29, 2007
Please list all the latest (currently in use) Naija slangs you know along with the meaning, Yoruba, Hausa and Ibo-etc- Please list the tribe to which the slang belongs. Your help is greatly appreciated.

I just learned of a new one and would like to learn more-Hence this thread,
Re: Nigerian Slangs: by Godsgirl(f): 4:53am On Aug 07, 2007
wink
Re: Nigerian Slangs: by CrazyMan(m): 5:10am On Aug 10, 2007
Is that supposed to be a joke angry
Re: Nigerian Slangs: by Boondoggle(m): 5:44am On Aug 10, 2007
Hey G-girl,

I just found this your thread today! shocked

There are other ones with the same heading. I guess that is why this your thread is quiet. You may search nairaland for the threads - they are quite loaded!

I hope you are feeling better now.

Shalom grin
Re: Nigerian Slangs: by marlet01(m): 5:53am On Aug 10, 2007
*Yawns*
Re: Nigerian Slangs: by Godsgirl(f): 8:22am On Aug 10, 2007
@ Boon:

Thanks for the info  kiss  I knew I couldn't have been that boring  embarassed Unfortunately, I see that I even put the guy above to sleep with this thread. Well, I am grateful that at least my love thread is still going strong, I guess I gotta stick to my specialty huh?  cheesy . I am not good at being a jack of all trades.

Question:
Now, under the thread you sent me to "what unusual thing" which post of mine were you refering to? I had more than 1.

Yes, I am feeling better now. I thank you for caring enough to ask. I was not ill physically, I was just beginning to feel a spiritual disconnect (you know that feeling? when you know you just gotta worship and need an entire day away from folks?) The Lord had to get me back to center, I believe that an inability for one to discern when they are beginning to disconnect can lead to a full blown backslide, it starts off really small

On a lighter note, Since this thread is slow I could probably direct all fighters here to sort themselves out "here" rather than ruin someone else's thread. What do you think?

Agape!
Re: Nigerian Slangs: by ollykay(m): 10:08am On Aug 10, 2007
naija is got a lot of slangs but d most intresting ones are from waffi.among dis are:

u no reach couple- i can defaet you without stress cheesy
i go kpuff u- i'll kill you smiley
u dey show urself - are you challenging me etc smiley
Re: Nigerian Slangs: by Boondoggle(m): 5:52pm On Aug 10, 2007
ollykay:

naija is got a lot of slangs but d most intresting ones are from waffi.among this are:

u no reach couple- i can defaet you without stress cheesy
i go kpuff u- i'll kill you smiley
u dey show yourself - are you challenging me etc smiley

@ ollykay,

"Minguo!" or is it "boko" I go greet ya. You are absolutely right - Waffi land is the origin and home of both pidgin and slangs. Gosh! I missed warri soooooo much. I spent half a decade @ Warri and guess what? I could not keep pace with new slangs that seemed to be debuting per sec. and talking about pidgin, their's is like Nigerian version of queen's English - It was always music to my hears. I could listen to Waffi folks "yan" all day long!!! grin grin grin

@G-girl,

You ain't boring at all. You may want to search Nairaland before posting so that you don't duplicate threads and send members to sleep. grin  . . . and what is your speciality as if i don't know. . .

As per the thread I sent, it is your very first contribution - the unusual thing you did for love. It was not that that led to change of name though but it led to the change of motive behind the name.

Good to know that you are better and please stay strong. Do whatever you need to do to remain connected. We all have such moments of diconnection, and if not properly managed those on the other side could take advantage no matter how brief. You may want to try and see if there exist a pattern like: when (day & time) you feel like this, what you do prior to this time, etc  then fix it before it gets to you. God will continue to keep ya on the narrow road.

Hmmm! would the fighters listen to you? some are just out to say all sort of rubbish in the name of catching fun. You may give it a shot but make sure you are prepared because they may just turn on you.

Shalom cool
Re: Nigerian Slangs: by Godsgirl(f): 6:34pm On Aug 10, 2007
all gone!  wink Boy I tell ya, this girl has seen it all in naira rules, for real
Re: Nigerian Slangs: by Boondoggle(m): 8:03pm On Aug 10, 2007
grin grin grin

This is "fraud" shocked shocked shocked Never knew it is possible to . . .

Shalom cool
Re: Nigerian Slangs: by mishoo(m): 8:24pm On Aug 10, 2007

Re: Nigerian Slangs: by Godsgirl(f): 10:15pm On Aug 10, 2007
Since you got the msg wink. Boon, See, it's like I never said a word. I acknowledged your response-you may delete yours if you wish

hey, that never used to be your footnote (about passing through once) when did you change that?
Re: Nigerian Slangs: by Boondoggle(m): 3:58am On Aug 11, 2007
Some days back, can you recollect what was there before?

Shalom cool
Re: Nigerian Slangs: by Boondoggle(m): 1:30am On Aug 12, 2007
G-girl, where are you??
Re: Nigerian Slangs: by Ivvie: 8:45pm On Sep 27, 2007
Godsgirl:

Since you got the msg wink. Boon, See, it's like I never said a word. I acknowledged your response-you may delete yours if you wish

hey, that never used to be your footnote (about passing through once) when did you change that?

God's girl, where in the States are you?
Re: Nigerian Slangs: by Boondoggle(m): 6:17pm On Oct 09, 2007
@ Ivvie,

If you by any chance come across Godsgirl please tell her she is "wanted" unrgently on Naira land.

Shalom cool
Re: Nigerian Slangs: by Ivvie: 8:26pm On Oct 09, 2007
Boondoggle:

@ Ivvie,

If you by any chance come across Godsgirl please tell her she is "wanted" unrgently on Naira land.

Shalom cool

Why's that and by who?
Re: Nigerian Slangs: by Boondoggle(m): 8:49pm On Oct 09, 2007
By me - BONDOGGLE wink
Why? Never mind, it is G14 classified!  grin grin grin

Shallom cool
Re: Nigerian Slangs: by ifyalways(f): 11:42pm On Oct 09, 2007
I be kpako butter.
Re: Nigerian Slangs: by Boondoggle(m): 2:03am On Jan 31, 2008
G-girl are you here? 

. . .  and who else is heregrin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Slangs: by Boondoggle(m): 2:14am On Jan 31, 2008
Hey G-girl! You are really picking up real fast with the slangs; you used "JJC" somewhere. Keep it up, girl! cool
Re: Nigerian Slangs: by Boondoggle(m): 4:03am On Jan 31, 2008
. . . . and where are you again
Re: Nigerian Slangs: by Godsgirl(f): 5:37am On Jan 31, 2008
Pay per view!
Re: Nigerian Slangs: by Godsgirl(f): 6:12am On Jan 31, 2008
We're gonna have to start charging folks to view this wink It's too good to be free!
Re: Nigerian Slangs: by Boondoggle(m): 6:59am On Jan 31, 2008
Good! PPL - Pay per view grin grin grin tongue
Re: Nigerian Slangs: by folahann(m): 12:40pm On Jan 31, 2008
cool

angry embarassed shocked

smiley cheesy grin
wink
sad
kiss
Re: Nigerian Slangs: by Godsgirl(f): 4:12pm On Jan 31, 2008
that's all folks! cheesy
Re: Nigerian Slangs: by Boondoggle(m): 7:39pm On Jan 31, 2008
Yeah, ready, ready, ready, time here is 8:36am . . . . you copy?

Time is crawling by . . . now 8:42am . . .8:4 . . . I am ready if you are ready! cool
Re: Nigerian Slangs: by Godsgirl(f): 8:42pm On Jan 31, 2008
got it-got mine? wink
Re: Nigerian Slangs: by Boondoggle(m): 10:51pm On Jan 31, 2008
Roger! Roger! Time out  grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Slangs: by Sharn06: 3:34am On Feb 01, 2008
Oh Me Gosh!, get a room!
Re: Nigerian Slangs: by Sharn06: 3:35am On Feb 01, 2008
Oh Me Gosh!, get a room!

(1) (2) (Reply)

~nairalanders And I: List 3 Nairalanders You Like ~ / 2014 Christmas And New Year Voice Notes And Shout Out Thread / Solve This For Me And Get A Token From Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.