Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,576 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

Fg Set To Confront Boko Haram, Sets Up Task Force - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg Set To Confront Boko Haram, Sets Up Task Force (4677 Views)

Boko Haram Can No Longer Confront Nigerian Soldiers – Major General / Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram / Boko Haram: Investigators Want Sokoto To Confront Biu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fg Set To Confront Boko Haram, Sets Up Task Force by anointedf(m): 10:12am On Jun 16, 2011
The Federal Government, on Wednesday, directed the immediate establishment of a Special Joint Military Task Force specifically to tackle the Boko Haram crises in northern Nigeria with Maiduguri in Borno State as the headquarters.

The task force to be headed by a Major General of the Armoured Corps would comprise  the Nigerian Army, Nigerian Navy, Nigerian Airforce, Department of State Security and the Nigeria Police.

Nigerian Tribune sources disclosed that about 150 operatives of the SSS, 152 officers of the Nigerian Airforce, 135 officers of the Nigerian Navy and 200 soldiers of the Nigerian Army have arrived Maiduguri, with their force commander, ready to be briefed and deployed for the Boko Haram crises.

Nigerian Tribune further gathered that at the end of the day, the Nigeria Army will have in place three battalions of soldiers, the Nigeria Police will deploy 1,500 officers, the SSS will have 500 operatives, the Airforce will contribute 500 officers while the Nigerian Navy will deploy 700 officers.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/23623-fg-set-to-confront-boko-haram-sets-up-task-force-boko-haram-dares-igp-restricts-movement
Re: Fg Set To Confront Boko Haram, Sets Up Task Force by anointedf(m): 10:16am On Jun 16, 2011
This is exactly what i have been expecting Jonathan to do, Military action! Gbam!!!

What do they want to dialogue with a common criminal; terrorists.

I beg finish them to save unnecessary blood shedding.
Re: Fg Set To Confront Boko Haram, Sets Up Task Force by efisher(m): 10:22am On Jun 16, 2011
This story just planted one wicked smile on my face! Now that's what I'm talking about. Let's see who will beg first.
Re: Fg Set To Confront Boko Haram, Sets Up Task Force by efisher(m): 10:23am On Jun 16, 2011
Round 1, Fight!!!
Re: Fg Set To Confront Boko Haram, Sets Up Task Force by DisGuy: 10:23am On Jun 16, 2011
What happened to the former task force or there wasnt any before?
Re: Fg Set To Confront Boko Haram, Sets Up Task Force by KnowAll(m): 10:26am On Jun 16, 2011
while the Nigerian Navy will deploy 700 officers

[size=18pt]What the fuccck is Navy doing 1600 km from the sea. I cannot remember Nigeria Navy having a " Seals Unit" na wa oh!!![/size] undecided
Re: Fg Set To Confront Boko Haram, Sets Up Task Force by KnowAll(m): 10:30am On Jun 16, 2011
[
Re: Fg Set To Confront Boko Haram, Sets Up Task Force by jmaine: 10:33am On Jun 16, 2011
It appears the security agencies have finally acquired the necessary information to destroy those pathetic haramic boko junks . .considering the boast of the Chief of army staff and the IG that the sect will be undone soonest . .Gbege don set for dem Boko Haram . .  or do we have the silent but deadly expertise of the MOSSAD in play here
Re: Fg Set To Confront Boko Haram, Sets Up Task Force by anointedf(m): 10:41am On Jun 16, 2011
Dem fit don plant those one for backup. I tell you this time dem go KOBOKO the HARAMIC idiots.
Re: Fg Set To Confront Boko Haram, Sets Up Task Force by obyann(f): 10:42am On Jun 16, 2011
Good move! God bless GEJ
Re: Fg Set To Confront Boko Haram, Sets Up Task Force by ushafe(m): 10:57am On Jun 16, 2011
good the battle has just began
Re: Fg Set To Confront Boko Haram, Sets Up Task Force by bashdecash(m): 10:57am On Jun 16, 2011
guys, dis aint PDP politics. there is always rule of engagement, what is d rule here when dey dont actually know who is their enemy?
i see innocent civilians suffering in place of boko haram, dats just it.

i stayed in Maiduguri since June 2007 before being transfered Out in May 2011, i knw hw civilians suffered for the incident and even last 3 weeks after d killing of 3 soldiers on a sunday night, a colleague of mine who is a management staff in reputable bank was maltreated in his expensive suit by d soldiers on a monday morning on his way to d office. dey stopped his car and asked him to do frog jump and also beat him while calling him names like boko haram member even though he is not even an indigene of Borno state.
i knw how d security guys treat d civilians including d old. we are Nigerians, we knw d black history of our security agents maltreating fellow CITIZENS and dts wts gonna happen in Maiduguri.
Re: Fg Set To Confront Boko Haram, Sets Up Task Force by violent(m): 11:02am On Jun 16, 2011
This is a good move, but time as shown that quality of intelligence gathered dwarfs the sheer presence of miltary  boots by miles.  It took only a handful of navy seals armed with intelligent information and sound training to take out the world's worst human. . . . and this is after hundreds of thousands have spent years, looking for the same man.

In as much as I applaud this move, and see it as very positive steps in the right direction (in the absence of none), I believe that the country ought to devote more resources to improving quality of intelligence gathering. . . .nothing beats quality information, not even the best military presence.

It wouldn't make much sense sending a million troops into a region, if you don't already have a list of names, strong indiciting proofs, bank account details, recorded phone conversations, etc etc. . . .and usually, if you have all these, it should normally take only a handful of fine military officers to get suspects apprehended, not the entire Nigerian army!
Re: Fg Set To Confront Boko Haram, Sets Up Task Force by bisiaet: 11:08am On Jun 16, 2011
I think this is good development since the so called God saken animal called Boko-Goat are boasting to intensify killing then it is no more an act of terrorism alone its also act of felony again the the soverengnty of Nigeria and therefore must be dealt with brutally.

If just a handful of brainless satanic family think they can hold the whole Nigeria at a ransome is a big lie. No country has ever negotiate or given amnesty to a terrorist and Nigeria will not and never be the first. The Joint Task Force should use every possible force in their possession and if even wiping them out entirely is neccessary they should wipe them out their is no peace for the wicked.

I will suggest in this particular case arrest will not be the solution it should be fire to fire in its fiercest manner. I repeat Nigeria is never an Islamic country and will not and never be, the task force should show no mercy to them they are just a bloody coward, illiterate God forsaken people created to the face of earth to suck human blood and God will punish them all and their sponsorer. Animalssss!!!!
Re: Fg Set To Confront Boko Haram, Sets Up Task Force by mbulela: 11:19am On Jun 16, 2011
whatever it takes,just get it sorted.
Re: Fg Set To Confront Boko Haram, Sets Up Task Force by dempeople(m): 11:19am On Jun 16, 2011
All these clowns we have as security forces. Never do wells. Empty-headed!  angry angry angry
Re: Fg Set To Confront Boko Haram, Sets Up Task Force by daroz(m): 11:21am On Jun 16, 2011
anointed_f:

about 150 operatives of the SSS, 152 officers of the Nigerian Airforce, 135 officers of the Nigerian Navy and 200 soldiers of the Nigerian Army have arrived Maiduguri, with their force commander, ready to be briefed and deployed for the Boko Haram crises.

Nigerian Tribune further gathered that at the end of the day, the Nigeria Army will have in place three battalions of soldiers, the Nigeria Police will deploy 1,500 officers, the SSS will have 500 operatives, the Airforce will contribute 500 officers while the Nigerian Navy will deploy 700 officers.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/23623-fg-set-to-confront-boko-haram-sets-up-task-force-boko-haram-dares-igp-restricts-movement

Good move, but of what use is the NAVY in the raid?
Re: Fg Set To Confront Boko Haram, Sets Up Task Force by chemicaldom(m): 11:23am On Jun 16, 2011
Good move. More of dat.
Re: Fg Set To Confront Boko Haram, Sets Up Task Force by MaiSuya(m): 11:26am On Jun 16, 2011
Nigerian Tribune sources disclosed that about 1[b]50 operatives of the SSS, 152 officers of the Nigerian Airforce, 135 officers of the Nigerian Navy and 200 soldiers [/b]of the Nigerian Army have arrived Maiduguri, with their force commander, ready to be briefed and deployed for the Boko Haram crises.

Nigerian Tribune further gathered that at the end of the day, the Nigeria Army will have in place three battalions of soldiers, [b]the Nigeria Police will deploy 1,500 officers, the SSS will have 500 operatives, the Airforce will contribute 500 officers while the Nigerian Navy will deploy 700 officer[/b]s.

KAI!! this one na fire for fire! cool
Re: Fg Set To Confront Boko Haram, Sets Up Task Force by DisGuy: 11:38am On Jun 16, 2011
bashdecash:

guys, dis aint PDP politics. there is always rule of engagement, what is d rule here when dey dont actually know who is their enemy?
i see innocent civilians suffering in place of boko haram, dats just it.

i stayed in Maiduguri since June 2007 before being transfered Out in May 2011, i knw hw civilians suffered for the incident and even last 3 weeks after d killing of 3 soldiers on a sunday night, a colleague of mine who is a management staff in reputable bank was maltreated in his expensive suit by d soldiers on a monday morning on his way to d office. dey stopped his car and asked him to do frog jump and also beat him while calling him names like boko haram member even though he is not even an indigene of Borno state.
i knw how d security guys treat d civilians including d old. we are Nigerians, we knw d black history of our security agents maltreating fellow CITIZENS and dts wts gonna happen in Maiduguri.

That has always been the case, they arrest over 500 suspect in Jos last year, many of them were just almajiri, they paraded them in front of the police chiefs as rioters, same thing happened in Kaduna

The last time in borno a man was begging the military that his son was actually on the way to school when they dragged both of them into a line, why wont they hate the police undecided

How exactly do you separate an Almajiri from a rioter or terrorist? they are a dime a dozen
Re: Fg Set To Confront Boko Haram, Sets Up Task Force by Nobody: 11:59am On Jun 16, 2011
Kill em all
Re: Fg Set To Confront Boko Haram, Sets Up Task Force by efisher(m): 12:03pm On Jun 16, 2011
Now that a bomb has gone off in police headquarters, lets see what the police will do next.

Terrorists - 1   :   Police - 0

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-691744.0.html

Re: Fg Set To Confront Boko Haram, Sets Up Task Force by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jun 16, 2011
I thought boko haram are based in d north, what wil d NAVY be doing in Maiduguri?
Re: Fg Set To Confront Boko Haram, Sets Up Task Force by virgo(f): 12:42pm On Jun 16, 2011
efisher:

Now that a bomb has gone off in police headquarters, lets see what the police will do next.

Thank you. You just took the words out of my mouth. Personally, I think this is just a repeat of the usual scenarios Nigerians are forced to witness time and time again. It is all hot air! The powers that be know that some political figures are behind Boko Haram. Chances are that they saw it as the North's answer to N/D militants. These guys are funded by some Northern elites. So, if the government likes, they can add militant fighters of OPC to their new task force for all I care. Fact remains that our "leaders" do not have the will to tackle the problems they created themselves.
Re: Fg Set To Confront Boko Haram, Sets Up Task Force by AroOkigbo(m): 12:43pm On Jun 16, 2011
daroz:

Good move, but of what use is the NAVY in the raid?

In the heat of the ensuing battle, the Navy will be needed to "catch" Boko haram members that will, in a bid to escape, dive into lake chad, lol grin grin
Re: Fg Set To Confront Boko Haram, Sets Up Task Force by Samjay009(m): 1:09pm On Jun 16, 2011
Aro Okigbo:

In the heat of the ensuing battle, the Navy will be needed to "catch" Boko haram members that will, in a bid to escape, dive into lake chad, lol grin grin

ROTFLMAO
Re: Fg Set To Confront Boko Haram, Sets Up Task Force by Wilfem(m): 1:20pm On Jun 16, 2011
efisher:

Exactly what I'm thinking too. wink wink, We'll see who'll take the next move
Re: Fg Set To Confront Boko Haram, Sets Up Task Force by blacksta(m): 1:27pm On Jun 16, 2011
Another failed money syphoning agency about to initiated - aiming at nothing but always hitting nothing
Re: Fg Set To Confront Boko Haram, Sets Up Task Force by joecrack(m): 1:42pm On Jun 16, 2011
Aro Okigbo:

yeye boy,
Re: Fg Set To Confront Boko Haram, Sets Up Task Force by joecrack(m): 1:43pm On Jun 16, 2011
Aro Okigbo:

In the heat of the ensuing battle, the Navy will be needed to "catch" Boko haram members that will, in a bid to escape, dive into lake chad,  lol grin grin
yeye boy,nice one
Re: Fg Set To Confront Boko Haram, Sets Up Task Force by jamest3(m): 2:05pm On Jun 16, 2011
After the fact (Yawn)
Re: Fg Set To Confront Boko Haram, Sets Up Task Force by sleekman(m): 2:07pm On Jun 16, 2011

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reuben Abati: From Government Critic To Apologist / Mugabe Classics / What Did Buhari Achieve Infrastructurally As Head Of State?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.