Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,529 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Bishop Kukah: I'm Against Insecurity, Economic Woes, Not Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bishop Kukah: I'm Against Insecurity, Economic Woes, Not Buhari (6491 Views)

Insecurity, Economic Hardship To Worsen In Six States – World Bank / Why Osinbajo Sings Hope Despite Insecurity, Economic Hardship / Pastor Canon Iyke Egbuonu Says "The Man In Aso Rock Is Not Buhari" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bishop Kukah: I'm Against Insecurity, Economic Woes, Not Buhari by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:36pm On Dec 30, 2021
The Catholic Bishop of Sokoto Diocese, Rev Father Matthew Hassan Kukah, has said he is not against the government of President Muhammadu Buhari but speaks against the way the president is handling the deplorable security situation and economic woes in the country.

He said this while fielding questions from newsmen at St Barkitha Catholic Secretariat Sokoto.

“Ours has become a house of horror with fear stalking our homes, highways, cities, hamlets and communities as bandits and insurgents maim lives at will,” he lamented.

The cleric also accused the president of lopsided appointments stressing that such has caused divisions and agitations in the country.

He maintained that he was not bothered about which region or religion produces the president, saying he is only interested in good governance .

He noted that he had a cordial relationship with President Buhari, maintained that it was sycophants that were trying to sow seed of discord between him and the administration.

“If I pick my phone and call Mr. President now he will pick. The other time he missed my calls he called me back and we greeted. But you know some people cry more than the bereaved”, he stated.

Noting that he will be clocking 70 years next year, he said if he could not be cowed when he was young, would he now be afraid of speaking the truth.

“In a developed country, when you speak the truth you will be celebrated. Look at how people are celebrating late Arch Bishop Desmond Tutu, but here people tag you as an enemy of government”.

He agreed with the President for refusing to assent to the Electoral Act Amendment Bill. He said Buhari was right, noting that the issue of direct and indirect primaries should be left for political parties to decide.

“For instance, if Manchester United are playing against Arsenal it is less for them to choose who makes up their team. What they are interested in is winning, you can’t tell them the mode of selection”, he said.

He advised the National Assembly to espounge that section of direct or indirect primaries for the president give assent to the bill.

When asked how he intends to lift 50,000 Nigerians out of poverty, the cleric explained that he had mapped out empowerment program that will soon commence.

“I intended to buy tricycles to give to the transporters who cannot afford it, when l give you I will tell you to pay back the money so that we will give another person. It would be in a circular form.

He said aside the empowerment program, there was also scholarship scheme ongoing by him.

He added that as a reverend father, he only has sisters and brothers as immediate family, stressing that he is being fed, sheltered and clothed by the church. He added that any money he got from friends and individuals were meant for charity and empowerment.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2021/12/30/kukah-im-against-insecurity-economic-woes-not-buhari/

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Kukah: I'm Against Insecurity, Economic Woes, Not Buhari by Mastakija(m): 11:39pm On Dec 30, 2021
And who's behind the insecurity economy woes eh?

9 Likes

Re: Bishop Kukah: I'm Against Insecurity, Economic Woes, Not Buhari by IgweBUIKE1(m): 11:44pm On Dec 30, 2021
He is more like dislinquent child..every truth teller Na enemy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Kukah: I'm Against Insecurity, Economic Woes, Not Buhari by Baawaa(m): 11:48pm On Dec 30, 2021
The Catholic Bishop of Sokoto Diocese, Rev Father Matthew Hassan Kukah, has said he is not against the government of President Muhammadu Buhari but speaks against the way the president is handling the deplorable security situation and economic woes in the country
This man want to turn buhari's head up side down

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Kukah: I'm Against Insecurity, Economic Woes, Not Buhari by Lattop(m): 11:49pm On Dec 30, 2021
We can't even sleep with the 2 eyes closed

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Kukah: I'm Against Insecurity, Economic Woes, Not Buhari by doggedfighter(f): 11:50pm On Dec 30, 2021

Buhari is all those things you mentioned and more so you hate Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Kukah: I'm Against Insecurity, Economic Woes, Not Buhari by BigSarah(f): 12:04am On Dec 31, 2021
That's what every reasonable person is against

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Kukah: I'm Against Insecurity, Economic Woes, Not Buhari by Maxymilliano(m): 12:14am On Dec 31, 2021
Funny enough I voted Buhari in 2011 under CPC , and did same for Ogbeni Lanre Banjo as governorship candidate in Ogun.

I knew the doofus was up to no good when he started building alliances just to realize his ambition.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Kukah: I'm Against Insecurity, Economic Woes, Not Buhari by Terorislam: 2:02am On Dec 31, 2021
Even members of YMM ( Yoruba Muslims miscreants) knew this man is saying the truth, but too much addiction to skull mininig will blind fold them

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bishop Kukah: I'm Against Insecurity, Economic Woes, Not Buhari by Sundaypaul12345: 2:06am On Dec 31, 2021
Na so
Re: Bishop Kukah: I'm Against Insecurity, Economic Woes, Not Buhari by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:20am On Dec 31, 2021
Na so.....

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bishop Kukah: I'm Against Insecurity, Economic Woes, Not Buhari by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:21am On Dec 31, 2021
Man of God

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bishop Kukah: I'm Against Insecurity, Economic Woes, Not Buhari by Brushstrokes20: 2:42am On Dec 31, 2021
Spot on!,,, other than brainless buffoons and doomed zombies, sane Nigerians knows that the redundant vegetable is all shades of gross incompetence and disasters! undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Kukah: I'm Against Insecurity, Economic Woes, Not Buhari by IPIGSRSHALLOW: 2:45am On Dec 31, 2021
This religious fanatical fool still seeking attention.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Kukah: I'm Against Insecurity, Economic Woes, Not Buhari by Sabadon(m): 2:58am On Dec 31, 2021
What most BMC dont understand is that nobody(well at least most) hates buhari but rather things associated with him like corruption, nepotism, loopsided appointments, insecurity, kidnapping, keeping mute on some pressing issues, medical tourism.....the list is endless

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bishop Kukah: I'm Against Insecurity, Economic Woes, Not Buhari by Nonybb: 3:27am On Dec 31, 2021
Very annoying set of things. I felt embarrassed, bitter, and humiliated when people talk gloriously about this lifeless one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Kukah: I'm Against Insecurity, Economic Woes, Not Buhari by Terna5: 3:35am On Dec 31, 2021
No mind them
Re: Bishop Kukah: I'm Against Insecurity, Economic Woes, Not Buhari by dasparrow: 3:35am On Dec 31, 2021
Bishop Kukah, I get what you are saying but Buhari and his cronies are behind the incessant killing in Nigeria. They have an agenda to turn Nigeria into a Fulani Caliphate.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Kukah: I'm Against Insecurity, Economic Woes, Not Buhari by brainpulse: 4:09am On Dec 31, 2021
Only mad men will fall for your useless gimmicks. After same Kukah sold the fulani hatred agenda to demonize Buhari, he his now coming stylishly to say he was not against him knowing that he will need another narrative to support another Fulani man his corrupt friend which is Atiku .
We all know you are a corrupt man in cassock
Re: Bishop Kukah: I'm Against Insecurity, Economic Woes, Not Buhari by fabian063: 5:01am On Dec 31, 2021
post=108949479:
Man of God
You actually don't love Nigeria as you claim, your are just a sycophant that don't care about the well been of poor Nigerians. The Bishop spoke the truth without any hatred for the president.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Kukah: I'm Against Insecurity, Economic Woes, Not Buhari by Hubeznigeria(m): 5:03am On Dec 31, 2021
I didn't bother reading the content. The caption is is enough for me. Personally I do not have problems with any man. Just do things right and do the right things (management and leadership) and everyone will be happy with you.
Re: Bishop Kukah: I'm Against Insecurity, Economic Woes, Not Buhari by jaxxy(m): 5:39am On Dec 31, 2021
Apt!!! If Buhari was doing well many people won’t have any issues with him or his government except for those who don’t like him by nature or for historical sentiment reasons.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Kukah: I'm Against Insecurity, Economic Woes, Not Buhari by Rayeco(m): 5:43am On Dec 31, 2021
Nobody cares any longer ��
Re: Bishop Kukah: I'm Against Insecurity, Economic Woes, Not Buhari by kayusely70(m): 5:57am On Dec 31, 2021
The man is always saying the truth to power!
Re: Bishop Kukah: I'm Against Insecurity, Economic Woes, Not Buhari by Mandesz(m): 6:00am On Dec 31, 2021
Buhari is to blame for all. We need business oriented person as the president that why Igbo is my best bet. Yoruba will raise eyebrows now because of their selfishness, low intelligence for some. Infant they good example of some those "people that cry more than the bereaved”

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

JUST-IN: FG Grants DSS Permission To Search Young Nigerians Phones / Adenuga Moves To Take Over Nitel For $450m / Current Result Of 2015 Presidential E-poll By Sahara Reporter (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.