Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Please Which Of These Should I Do? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please Which Of These Should I Do? (300 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Which Of These Should I Do? by pussyAvenger: 4:39am On Dec 31, 2021
Dear all,

I am in a dilemma. And l know that whatever l do now may shape my life in a significant way.

I am 30, single and works in one of the first generation, Nigerian commercial banks (l have worked there for two years)

Within this period, l bought a land somewhere in the East and fenced it. I strongly believe in real estate investment but also, as a young man, l would love to relocate to Canada or UK in a no distant future.

You guys know that moving to countries like Canada or UK is capital intensive and also, building a house ( even if it's 3 bedroom bungalow) is not a walk- in- the park.

If l start any building project now, lt would affect my resources hugely and my abroad ambition could be hampered. My salary no be 30billion, lol.

So should l build and secure the land, or save up, sell the land and 'japa?'

Criticism/bashing is welcome.

Thank you guys

Happy new year in advance
Re: Please Which Of These Should I Do? by RepoMan007: 6:22am On Dec 31, 2021
One must stop for the other to advance.

1 Like

Re: Please Which Of These Should I Do? by SmartProf(m): 6:25am On Dec 31, 2021
RepoMan007:
One must stop for the other to advance.
Exactly...
@OP, What must be done is for you to have a scale of preference. Its obvious that to opt for relocation/Japa will be a wise move over building a bungalow in a third world country. That bungalow can be built at any point in time with ease in Nigeria after securing your future and that of your generations in a saner clime.
Also note that anything you must prefer to do with the money must start immediately cos your finances now is possibly in Naira, and the value of Naira depreciates each day like a rotten fish...U may wake up tomorrow, and that amount in Naira can't guarantee you a piece of Akara, talkless of relocation...therefore, act fast and Japa.
Re: Please Which Of These Should I Do? by uthlaw: 6:48am On Dec 31, 2021
Bro Japan,you make the money and build the house when you get to a better a country!

(1) (Reply)

Top 5 Ways To Overcome Struggles As An Entrepreneur. / A Popular Facebook User Accuse A Twitter User Of Plagiarism / Can A Programmer Work In The Bank?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.