Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

How To Make 2022 Your Best Year - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How To Make 2022 Your Best Year (229 Views)

Make 2022 Your Best Year Ever / Your Best Investment Option, Key In Now / How To Make 2018 Your Best Year Financially.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Make 2022 Your Best Year by AnthonyCee: 6:59am On Dec 31, 2021
With 2022 just around the corner, it has been unconsciously engraved in our culture to start writing resolutions.

Well, intelligent people write resolutions, while smart people set goals. Tho this might sound similar, let's explore the difference.

A resolution is a firm decision to do or not to do something why a goal is an aim for the desired result, it is the object of your ambition. Resolutions are statements of intentions, while goals are statements of commitment.

This little article is not designed to discredit resolution in any way, rather it is designed to help you achieve a better 2002.

It has been statistically proven that at least 65% of people forget or get tired of their resolutions in less than 31 days after it was made, and another 25% follow suit in the next 14 days.

This means that less than 10% live up to their resolutions for 3 months and almost everyone else forgets their resolution before the 7th month.

So rather than setting new year resolutions, I will recommend you go for goal settings.

This is because resolutions are often ambiguous like - I will make more money, I will get more healthy, I will stop overspending, I will stop eating too much, I will do x, I will not do Y. These are often extreme changes, and creates an intimidating gap between the status quo and the desired outcome.

Although resolutions come with good intentions, the problem is that none of these aligns with the way the human brain creates habits. These explain the reason over 90% of all new year resolutions fail

Important Note: Any goal can share the counter-productive features of a resolution. If you want to achieve your desired outcome, create a goal that will enhance your happiness, not a resolution that breeds boredom.

Here’s how:

1. Write down why the goal is important to you
2. Get full awareness of challenges you might face to achieving this goal
3. Articulate what success looks like to you
4. Set milestones by mentally working backwards
5. Create a list of specific actions that create progress
6. Start taking actions
7. Evaluate your progress every morning
8. Keep repeating no. 6 and 7 above
9. Finally, Follow https://m.facebook.com/reigpsltd/ for more insightful topics.

CONCLUSION:

The reason over 90% of resolutions fail in 3 months is that they are vague and ambiguous. To achieve a better 2022, you need to set specific goals.

These are because unlike resolutions that slow you down and demoralizes you,
1. Goals move you forward
2. Goals hold you accountable
3. Goals gives focus
4. Goals communicate meaning
5. Goal motivates and helps morale
6. Goal makes task interesting
7 Goal helps in bettering oneself

What are you doing to make your next year better than previous ones?

Follow - https://m.facebook.com/reigpsltd/ for more insightful topics.

Brought to you by www.realestateandinvestmentgps.com
Please bless someone by sharing this. God bless you

(1) (Reply)

Ghana’s Mpharma Secures $35m Series D Funding / The Greatest Passive Income Investment / Rules Of Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.