Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:45 AM

Lagos Upgrades LASPOTECH, Two Colleges Of Education To University Status - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lagos Upgrades LASPOTECH, Two Colleges Of Education To University Status (16440 Views)

Oyo Govt Upgrades EACOED To University Status / Buhari Approves Establishment Of 6 New Federal Colleges Of Education / FG Approves 6 New Federal Colleges Of Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Upgrades LASPOTECH, Two Colleges Of Education To University Status by Lanrelagboi: 9:11am On Dec 31, 2021
Governor of Lagos state, Babajide Sanwo-Olu has upgraded the Lagos State Polytechnic to a university status as part of efforts to deepen tertiary education in the state.
In a statement by the governor on Thursday, he said the decision was taken to improve the quality assurance and also to remove dichotomy in employability of Polytechnic graduates.

“In order to improve quality assurance and to remove the dichotomy in employability of polytechnic graduates vis-a vis their counterpart in the university, Lagos State Polytechnic is now Lagos State University of Science and Technology.

Similarly, the state government also upgraded the Adeniran Ogunsanya College of Education and Michael Otedola College of Primary Education to University status.
According to the statement, both schools are now Lagos State University of Education.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nationaldailyng.com/breakinglagos-upgrades-laspotech-two-colleges-of-education-to-university/%3famp=1

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos Upgrades LASPOTECH, Two Colleges Of Education To University Status by slawormiir: 9:14am On Dec 31, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

All these upgrading just to remove that dichotomy abi na bsc, nce and hnd difference and disparity

Funny enough polytechnics are better that this our mumu mumu Universities

All they need is just facilities upgrade
That is how I was naive those years and i rejected science laboratory tech admission auchi gave me.....

Thinking university is the best....only for uniben to change my life plan to what I know nothing about(computer science)

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lagos Upgrades LASPOTECH, Two Colleges Of Education To University Status by NaijaGoBetter20: 9:14am On Dec 31, 2021
Good news for those who still believe in Naija degree.
After burning thousands of candles and sleepless nights to make a good class of degree, you will still need to keep your cert somewhere and hustle to make ends meet.
Before people save money because they want to invest in a business or something else meaningful but now, people save money to Japa because they have no trust in nails again and they prefer to be homeless in other man's country than staying in naija
Only God intervention can change our "story" in Nigeria and I pray that 2022 should mark the beginning of "Better Change" not that stupid change one political party promised us some years back

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Upgrades LASPOTECH, Two Colleges Of Education To University Status by freeminded(m): 9:14am On Dec 31, 2021
Ok
Re: Lagos Upgrades LASPOTECH, Two Colleges Of Education To University Status by Lamasta(m): 9:14am On Dec 31, 2021
Did they upgrade the facilities and structures too

38 Likes

Re: Lagos Upgrades LASPOTECH, Two Colleges Of Education To University Status by haconjy(m): 9:14am On Dec 31, 2021
To me,
It's rubbish.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Upgrades LASPOTECH, Two Colleges Of Education To University Status by fayruka(m): 9:14am On Dec 31, 2021
Great

1 Like

Re: Lagos Upgrades LASPOTECH, Two Colleges Of Education To University Status by Badonasty(m): 9:14am On Dec 31, 2021
Cool
Re: Lagos Upgrades LASPOTECH, Two Colleges Of Education To University Status by Triangles1(m): 9:14am On Dec 31, 2021
Provide Job opportunity also.
Re: Lagos Upgrades LASPOTECH, Two Colleges Of Education To University Status by Ayobami7(m): 9:15am On Dec 31, 2021
Nice One
Re: Lagos Upgrades LASPOTECH, Two Colleges Of Education To University Status by haconjy(m): 9:15am On Dec 31, 2021
Lecturers, equipment and tools, class rooms/theatres, courses, etc and even Lagos political officers, even governor himself not upgraded...Tinubu still remains the....

I pity myself and other Lagosians plus students.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Upgrades LASPOTECH, Two Colleges Of Education To University Status by llorisbhone(m): 9:15am On Dec 31, 2021
That's good news

1 Like

Re: Lagos Upgrades LASPOTECH, Two Colleges Of Education To University Status by JJRainbow(m): 9:15am On Dec 31, 2021
Nice move by the Lagos state government

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Upgrades LASPOTECH, Two Colleges Of Education To University Status by fillipelobos: 9:15am On Dec 31, 2021
R
Re: Lagos Upgrades LASPOTECH, Two Colleges Of Education To University Status by segtech68: 9:15am On Dec 31, 2021
opor
Re: Lagos Upgrades LASPOTECH, Two Colleges Of Education To University Status by Eriokanmi: 9:15am On Dec 31, 2021
Misplaced priorities. Polytechnic education isn't similar to that of university. It's only in Nigeria they discriminate. Their curricula are also different. Instead of upgrading it into university, why not equip it and introduce modern courses like coding and robotic engineering? This is what happens when you put a round peg in a square hole.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Upgrades LASPOTECH, Two Colleges Of Education To University Status by luxastoriang(f): 9:15am On Dec 31, 2021
Commendable. They should ensure it meets standards.
When are we going to introduce robotics and A.I programming into our schools?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Upgrades LASPOTECH, Two Colleges Of Education To University Status by Fathai(m): 9:15am On Dec 31, 2021
He should let us know When he has stop campaigning.mr Pointus
Re: Lagos Upgrades LASPOTECH, Two Colleges Of Education To University Status by ibawon(m): 9:15am On Dec 31, 2021
Being ALUMNI of MOCPED
It's a great move.
Re: Lagos Upgrades LASPOTECH, Two Colleges Of Education To University Status by Kingmelly(m): 9:15am On Dec 31, 2021
I
Re: Lagos Upgrades LASPOTECH, Two Colleges Of Education To University Status by Mccullum: 9:15am On Dec 31, 2021
Good decision...
Re: Lagos Upgrades LASPOTECH, Two Colleges Of Education To University Status by Badadvisor: 9:15am On Dec 31, 2021
irrelevant

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Upgrades LASPOTECH, Two Colleges Of Education To University Status by ssogundele(m): 9:15am On Dec 31, 2021
Good to hear and that has made accessibility to university education easier. Thank you
Re: Lagos Upgrades LASPOTECH, Two Colleges Of Education To University Status by ogododo: 9:16am On Dec 31, 2021
Lanrelagboi:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nationaldailyng.com/breakinglagos-upgrades-laspotech-two-colleges-of-education-to-university/%3famp=1

How dem go fund am. Lagos supposed start a new University for Ikorodu or Badagry.

It means Polytechnics and Colleges of Education no dey relevant again? Dem go start new Polytechnics and colleges of Education.
Re: Lagos Upgrades LASPOTECH, Two Colleges Of Education To University Status by Uyi168: 9:16am On Dec 31, 2021

It's not as if the existing ones are up to standard...

sad

1 Like

Re: Lagos Upgrades LASPOTECH, Two Colleges Of Education To University Status by paulolee(m): 9:16am On Dec 31, 2021
k
Re: Lagos Upgrades LASPOTECH, Two Colleges Of Education To University Status by oz4real83(m): 9:16am On Dec 31, 2021
With the same lecturers\management\personnel?. Upgrading the schools without first upgrading their personnel to "university standard" will be a total waste, I just pray it isn't the case.
Re: Lagos Upgrades LASPOTECH, Two Colleges Of Education To University Status by CannibalTorment: 9:16am On Dec 31, 2021
My alma mater is now a university.

Sanwo-olu want do you want? rice and groundnut from Mazi Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

Or #500 from Pandora Peter Obi

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Upgrades LASPOTECH, Two Colleges Of Education To University Status by Johnnyessence(m): 9:16am On Dec 31, 2021
Wow congratulations

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NUC Lists 58 Illegal Degree-awarding Varsities In Nigeria / WAEC RESULTS 2016 [state-by-state League Table] / Jamb Official Blames Boko Haram For Missing N613,000 Belonging To The Board..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.