Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,649 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:45 AM

Warri- A City Filled With Rogues. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Warri- A City Filled With Rogues. (1175 Views)

A City Inside A City In Abuja, Nigeria / Owerri. The Magnificence Of A City In the East. / ₦467.4Billion, A City On The Ocean, World's Largest Cruise Ship(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Warri- A City Filled With Rogues. by MILLERMannn: 9:19am On Dec 31, 2021
I have been having this feeling since I was young of going to Warri. I used to thought that Warri was a heaven. A cool place, beautiful, serene and nice people. I was shocked when I got to Warri in the year 2019. The transport fare is what introduces what Warri will be like to me. To and fro in the city of Warri if you are not careful, can sum up to a thousand naira. After the experience of high transport fare, something still tell me to calm down, say, is it not only transport?
My second shock was the cost of a single room. I was surprised when they called it four thousand naira per month. I first thought it will be a tilled and well furnished room. But to my surprised, it is the same room I knew my daddy rented for two thousand naira in Ibadan(My dad now has his own house). It is even dirtier than that. Ha, who told me to come to Warri? Nobody.
Having served in the North where things are very cheap, I nearly burst into tears when I came across Warri situation. I told one of my neighbor, a grown man that I will like to relocate back to North. The man told me that I should wait a little for like 3 months.
I got a job with a private secondary school. It is from the school, I started to know the behavior of Warri people. Salary will be paid during the third week of the following month and the owner will not see something wrong with it. I later found out that it is pure wickedness that reside in the people of Warri to treat people any how.
Apart from wickedness and high cost of living due to greed, Warri is full of rogues- smokers, prostitutes, killers, ritualist, jealousy, yahoo yahoo, fraud(wayo), armed robbers and all the bad things you can think of. Imagine a boy of 7years can sleep with a woman of 60 years in Warri.
Also, a particular ethnic group in Warri is known to be proud and full of themselves. I find it hard to relate with them.
There is laziness among the youth of Warri, always wanting money where they did not work for. I recount countless number of time they come aggressively to a particular company demanding money (deve). Load carrying vehicles cannot ply Warri road without harrasment from this lazy youth and men hoping to collect deve money. A lot of company have left Warri because of this.
They don't embrace agriculture and they want to eat. Very funny.
Warri is not a place to raise a child. There education system is totally a cheat. I witnessed all their examination- Waec, Neco, Jss3 and even up to primary Six. They all cheated except a particular school named THS that does not involved.
Now tell, can greatness of mind emanates from such place. The is answer is no. Warri and its people are all rogues.

1 Like

Re: Warri- A City Filled With Rogues. by DonBenny77(m): 9:21am On Dec 31, 2021
Hehehehehehe, yahoo boys capital
Re: Warri- A City Filled With Rogues. by Totilopussylick(m): 9:29am On Dec 31, 2021
cheesy warri no de carry last tongue
Re: Warri- A City Filled With Rogues. by Focusmind: 9:31am On Dec 31, 2021
DonBenny77:
Hehehehehehe, yahoo boys capital

Delta/Edo axis is known for that. Forming hard man and "My G" attitude. During my University days, they usually formed all "hard G" attitude, stealing at any slightest opportunity.
My apologies to men and women of goodwill from that side.

1 Like

Re: Warri- A City Filled With Rogues. by fullnetwork: 9:35am On Dec 31, 2021
MILLERMannn:
... I used to taught that Warri was a heaven.
shocked grin

1 Like

Re: Warri- A City Filled With Rogues. by madone: 9:47am On Dec 31, 2021
That is not particular to warri my guy. Every area has its rogue nature. I grew up in lagos, schooled in benin, lived in ekiti, served in kogi. Stayed some.months in Ibadan (at ring road, molete, ojo barrack, ) visited onitcha. Spent some months in imo, and Aba, visited Jos now living in abuja. Mind you am fro. Delta state. I must tell u my guy Yahoo is everywhere in nigeria. Youths wanting to chop where they didn't work is everywhere. Oyo and lagos are even top on the list. All I can say is the area you stayed in warri made u get what u got. Warri is a beautiful town and why will u compare house rent in worry with Ibadan for God sake warri has more opportunities than ibadan for jobs. There are oil companies there. There are construction companies there and u want house to be cheap like the north and ibadan? Who said exam runs I not every where in nigeria. I have taught in Lagos both for jamb class a d GCE, I have prepared students for wace in Lagos a d Ekiti. Brother there are runs everywhere and for stealing even here in abuja stealing is high. Haba bros. Fear God

1 Like

Re: Warri- A City Filled With Rogues. by MILLERMannn: 10:05am On Dec 31, 2021
madone:
That is not particular to warri my guy. Every area has its rogue nature. I grew up in lagos, schooled in benin, lived in ekiti, served in kogi. Stayed some.months in Ibadan (at ring road, molete, ojo barrack, ) visited onitcha. Spent some months in imo, and Aba, visited Jos now living in abuja. Mind you am fro. Delta state. I must tell u my guy Yahoo is everywhere in nigeria. Youths wanting to chop where they didn't work is everywhere. Oyo and lagos are even top on the list. All I can say is the area you stayed in warri made u get what u got. Warri is a beautiful town and why will u compare house rent in worry with Ibadan for God sake warri has more opportunities than ibadan for jobs. There are oil companies there. There are construction companies there and u want house to be cheap like the north and ibadan? Who said exam runs I not every where in nigeria. I have taught in Lagos both for jamb class a d GCE, I have prepared students for wace in Lagos a d Ekiti. Brother there are runs everywhere and for stealing even here in abuja stealing is high. Haba bros. Fear God
Did I need to reply you? Anyway I will do that. On the issue of Job, that is a no no. 80% of the material the companies are using are brought in from the West. Apart from oil company, name any other company in warri. You may want to mention Premium steel, my friend, steel is everywhere. Stealing right. The rate of stealing in warri is very high. You can't compare it with Ibadan. Can you walk by 9Pm in the city of Warri? Has regard to exam, I saying it with fact, that they all cheat in that place. There is no education there. As regard to yahoo boy, yes it is everywhere, but Warri people take it too high that they seem not to see abnkmaly in it. Even their fathers have started buying phones for their son for such demoralizing act.

1 Like

Re: Warri- A City Filled With Rogues. by GeneralDae: 12:24pm On Dec 31, 2021
MILLERMannn:

Did I need to reply you? Anyway I will do that. On the issue of Job, that is a no no. 80% of the material the companies are using are brought in from the West. Apart from oil company, name any other company in warri. You may want to mention Premium steel, my friend, steel is everywhere. Stealing right. The rate of stealing in warri is very high. You can't compare it with Ibadan. Can you walk by 9Pm in the city of Warri? Has regard to exam, I saying it with fact, that they all cheat in that place. There is no education there. As regard to yahoo boy, yes it is everywhere, but Warri people take it too high that they seem not to see abnkmaly in it. Even their fathers have started buying phones for their son for such demoralizing act.
My man, I once travelled to Ibadan from Warri and you can't compare. Warri in general has better houses and cars than Ibadan. Ibadan was below my expectation and I was disappointed. Jakpa road in Warri for instance was nicer to me than whatever I saw in Ibadan. Maybe because there are more oil workers in Warri though.

1 Like

Re: Warri- A City Filled With Rogues. by MILLERMannn: 1:39pm On Dec 31, 2021
GeneralDae:

My man, I once travelled to Ibadan from Warri and you can't compare. Warri in general has better houses and cars than Ibadan. Ibadan was below my expectation and I was disappointed. Jakpa road in Warri for instance was nicer to me than whatever I saw in Ibadan. Maybe because there are more oil workers in Warri though.
Have you been to Bodija, UI, Akobo, Even Iwo Road. A beg leave me alone. I know what I am saying. You mentioned cars. Which cars are you talking about? The shuttle bus or the keke? In fact taxi substitute for it here. How is it better?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Warri- A City Filled With Rogues. by GeneralDae: 1:44pm On Dec 31, 2021
MILLERMannn:

Have you been to Bodija, UI, Akobo, Even Iwo Road. A beg leave me alone. I know what I am saying
I say it again, Ibadan has too many old structures compared to Warri. How many places have you been to in Warri? In Edjeba and Jakpa road, I found so many modern and beautiful houses. Driving around Ibadan for some days, there were so many old structures and cars and the quality of the buildings did not match that of many neighbourhoods I know of in streets inside Ekpan, Edjeba, Jakpa, Airport road.

1 Like

Re: Warri- A City Filled With Rogues. by buJu234: 4:31pm On Dec 31, 2021
MILLERMannn:
Imagine a boy of 7years can sleep with a woman of 60 years in Warri.
... Warri and its people are all rogues.

the point above is a big fat lie... also warri people are not rogue..

tell us the area; that u stayed in warri..

all over the world if u stay in ghetto areas; there are bound to be negative vices ok...

i believe u went to stay in the poor areas not in the good and wealthy side of warri?
Re: Warri- A City Filled With Rogues. by GeneralDae: 4:47pm On Dec 31, 2021
buJu234:

all over the world if u stay in ghetto areas; there are bound to be negative vices ok...

i believe u went to stay in the poor areas not in the good and wealthy side of warri?
I am wondering if it's thesame Warri I know. He definitely stayed in Ghetto areas mostly. Of course we Know Nigeria on the average has perhaps a bit more ghetto areas in the cities.
Re: Warri- A City Filled With Rogues. by buJu234: 5:01pm On Dec 31, 2021
GeneralDae:

I am wondering if it's thesame Warri I know. He definitely stayed in Ghetto areas mostly. Of course we Know Nigeria on the average has perhaps a bit more ghetto areas in the cities.

don't mind the OP boo;

e just came here dey yarn Opata... anyhow..
Re: Warri- A City Filled With Rogues. by MILLERMannn: 5:58pm On Dec 31, 2021
buJu234:

What is the difference? . Any way I reside in airport road beside Mosheshe estate.
Re: Warri- A City Filled With Rogues. by MILLERMannn: 6:00pm On Dec 31, 2021
GeneralDae:

You mean there is a ghetto in Warri? Lol

(1) (Reply)

Affordable Europe Countries For Nigerians / Tourist Visa Enquiry To Windhoek, Namibia / Only In America: Share your bizzare news item.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.