Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,684 members, 7,955,542 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:49 AM

What's With Churches And So Much Offerings? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's With Churches And So Much Offerings? (250 Views)

Lagos Government Suspends Re-Opening Of Churches And Mosques / Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC / Sri Lanka Easter Bombings In Churches And Hotels: Mass Casualties Recorded (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What's With Churches And So Much Offerings? by FahBuLous: 11:39pm On Dec 31, 2021
What's with churches and offerings...

I went for a Passover night service at one church in Akwa Ibom, Eket to be precise,I won't mention the name of the church..

They had like 4 offering sections...

Then the service leader came out and said and I quote "If you want to tap God's blessings, that we should pay 1000 naira and 500naira....

it led to my question, what's with churches and offerings??

Can God's blessings be bought for 1000naira or 500naira because I'm not understanding anything about churches anymore...
Re: What's With Churches And So Much Offerings? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Dec 31, 2021
FahBuLous:
What's with churches and offerings...

I went for a Passover night service at one church in Akwa Ibom, Eket to be precise,I won't mention the name of the church..

They had like 4 offering sections...

Then the service leader came out and said and I quote "If you want to tap God's blessings, that we should pay 1000 naira and 500naira....

it led to my question, what's with churches and offerings??

Can God's blessings be bought for 1000naira or 500naira because I'm not understanding anything about churches anymore...
so by now you haven't already known that church is business? The pastors are blessed, not by God but by the church members, while the members get blessed by "god"
Re: What's With Churches And So Much Offerings? by FahBuLous: 11:46pm On Dec 31, 2021
Vickyvice:
so by now you haven't already known that church is business? The pastors are blessed, not by God but by the church members, while the members get blessed by "god"
I seriously wasn't happy about it...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Absolute Truth / WOW!! Angel Caught On Camera During A Crossover Service In Benin Republic (photo / Which Character Burst Your Head Pass In The Bible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.