Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,324 members, 7,819,107 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Why Selling Online Seems Hard...and How To Make Massive Sales - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Selling Online Seems Hard...and How To Make Massive Sales (179 Views)

Puff Puff Business In Nigeria: How To Start & Make Massive Profit / Why Selling Online Is The Future. / Start Selling Online Today With Your Very Own Online-store (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Selling Online Seems Hard...and How To Make Massive Sales by solocube: 7:17am On Jan 01, 2022
Firstly, i'll love to say compliment of the season...

I know you may have looked at 2021 and concluded it was a tough year for you in business...

Yeah,business isn't easy, but at the same time not tough.

Let me show you one major reason selling online is hard...

"No clear specification into what business you're into"

Let me explain, you see, you need to be very clear on what business you're into

Let me be clear, you aren't making sales, because you think you're into makeup, sales of shoes, sales of bags etc.

Irrespective of what your business is, you are into just one business...

And that is the BUSINESS OF SELLING.
As simple as that sounds, it's the reason for lack of sales...

You aren't in the business of graphics design *but the selling of designs*

You're not in the printing business but in selling of printed designs

Irrespective of what you do, your business is in the sales...That's the only business you're into.

The underlying word is SELLING

The reason some people get comfortable even without making sales for a week is because they feel they are into graphics designs and the likes… So whenever customers come, good for them...

If they don't, they don't mind

But when you see that you're into the *business of selling*

Everything changes.

*Selling is like eating*
You have to see it as a means of existence for you.
Without eating for a week,you lose your strength and vitality

So also,without making sales for a week, your business is dying

*Your responsibility as an entrepreneur is to sell*

*That's why the most important skill for an entrepreneur to learn is sales*…

That's why your focus this year should be learning how you can consistently make sales in that business

Pay the price to learn the *selling* of the business

Attend seminars/trainings, read books…

Do all you can…

But make sure you learn to make the sales…

I will recommend you two books

1. Small business, big money by akin alabi

2. Sell like crazy by sabry

So, you aren't making sales online because you don't know that your business is the business of selling...

I'll be making this like a thread, watch out this space for more sales content.

Solomon Opeyemi
+2348164870942
Badass copywriter
Sales consultant

Got a question?
Drop it
Re: Why Selling Online Seems Hard...and How To Make Massive Sales by solocube: 11:53am On Jan 03, 2022
Your product sucks!!!

Sometimes people think, maybe the reason they aren't making sales is because their product isn't good enough...

You hear things like,it seems he has a better product than mine,that's why he's making more sales...

Well,let me put it clearly to you in simple terms...

There are no "better " or "best" product

At least,that's not the reason for the low sales

And infact in the sales game...

THE MOST KNOWN PRODUCT WILL ALWAYS BEAT THE BEST PRODUCT

It's a game of perception...

Every prospective client expect and believes you shouldn't be selling low quality/bad product, so that your product is good isn't an achievement...it's supposed to or you'll lose customers

Let me site an instance...

There was a time last year, someone reached out to me saying her brother wants to learn copy writing and since she has been seeing my posts often and how helpful it has been, she'd prefer him learning from me...

She made payment for her brother and boom...

Of course, she never reached out to me because I actually have " the best copy writing course"

No...

There are better ones out there..

But she did reach out because, she has over time been convinced about what I offer...

She has been seeing my stuffs over and over...

That tells you something...

It's okay to make noise about what you do or offer

Make noise
Make noise
Keep making noise

Let people see, know and get to do business with you...

Put yourself all out...

Remember

THE MOST KNOWN PRODUCT WILL ALWAYS BEAT THE BEST PRODUCT...

Get to work...

Solomon Opeyemi
Sales consultant
Badass copywriter
+2348164870942

Re: Why Selling Online Seems Hard...and How To Make Massive Sales by solocube: 8:29pm On Jan 04, 2022
You don't have an almighty product...

No matter how good you are or how best you market, you need to register this...

"Your product isn't for everyone "

Your product isn't the "Almighty formula" that can solve every questions, even Almighty formula formula sef no fit...

And the earlier you get this, the more sales you make

One thing you need to learn is "knowing your audience "

The essence of running adverts on facebook and other social media platforms isn't to make everyone buy your product...That's not possible

But it's for you to increase the chances of interested prospect to see and buy that which you have to offer

Take for instance:
If 100 persons sees your adverts, and 10persons eventually buys

Do you know that if 1000persons sees that same advert, you increase the chances of people that buys to about 100 persons?

Still, your product isn't for everyone and that's why you need an "audience/customers avatar "

You need to draw out a sketch of people who really needs your product/service

Know where they congregate,what they like doing, their favourite movies/sites etc

This helps you know where to meet them and how to approach them with your service/product

All this, "pls help rebroadcast,my customer may be on your timeline " that people do, isn't good enough...

Because, it's more like you gambling,

And if your desire is to make consistent sales this year,then gambling isn't an option here

But if you can just take time to really work on your" audience avatar" (who your ideal customer is) making sales online wouldn't be as hard as it has been...

Remember your product isn't the Almighty formula that can solve all problems.

Learnt something?

Solomon Opeyemi
Sales consultant
Badass copywriter
+2348164870942

(1) (Reply)

Accounts Payable Services Which Helps Enable Cash Flow Balances / How To Build Sales Funnel For Beginners / How To Make A Successful Investment Or Business (step-by-step Guide)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.