Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,902 members, 7,828,183 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford (19749 Views)

Benin Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifier - 0 - 1 (Full Time) / Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time / Lateef Omidiji Jr Dropped From AFCON Squad, He Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford by jrusky(m): 9:15am On Jan 01, 2022
You see these so called pink or butter colour human claiming white double standard? During European cup did anything like this ever happened?

But FIFA said no player should be deny playing for his country or is Africa not part of FIFA?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford by emae009(m): 9:18am On Jan 01, 2022
otokx:

African weather is best between January and April when the rains are on vacation.

We still have days of dry weather in the summer. It doesn't rain all day every day.

If you want to use Qatar as a case study, you should learn that the hot summer is usually above normal that it's almost unbearable. That'd mean all the stadiums will be closed and fully Air Conditioned. Imagine the cost effectiveness of that.
Don't take my word for it, book a trip to Qatar in the summer and see for yourself

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford by kingRagnarr: 9:19am On Jan 01, 2022
I have nothing against African countries nd this tournament but people forget the clubs pay these players so they have to do what the clubs wants
Re: Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford by otokx(m): 9:20am On Jan 01, 2022
emae009:

We still have days of dry weather in the summer. It doesn't rain all day every day.

If you want to use Qatar as a case study, you should learn that the hot summer is usually above normal that it's almost unbearable. That'd mean all the stadiums will be closed and fully Air Conditioned. Imagine the cost effectiveness of that.
Don't take my word for it, book a trip to Qatar in the summer and see for yourself

Never mentioned anything about Summer. Is there summer in Cameroon?
Re: Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford by otokx(m): 9:22am On Jan 01, 2022
kingRagnarr:
I have nothing against African countries nd this tournament but people forget the clubs pay these players so they have to do what the clubs wants

Will the same clubs prevent Europeans from going to the Euros. This is another form of racism, all that kneeing down is just media hogwash.
Re: Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford by emae009(m): 9:25am On Jan 01, 2022
otokx:

Never mentioned anything about Summer. Is there summer in Cameroon?

June - July scheduling of other international tournaments.
Everybody will finish their club season together, represent their countries together, go for short vacation together and return to club football together.

with this settings, Liverpool isn't going to give the likes or Salah any vacation once the tournament ends. One of the reasons Africans rarely have a long football career
Re: Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford by Georgejeez: 9:25am On Jan 01, 2022
Honestly speaking , Dennis prioritised his club Watford more than the Super Eagles , He should never be called on again to serve as a lesson to other would be saboteurs .

We have seen how John Obi Mikel paid the hotel bills of the Super Eagles from his own pocket in times past , heard how Okwaraji of blessed memory, paid for his flight tickets to come to Super Eagles camp , those where Men who bled for Nigeria and were patriotic to the core , the Super Eagles should be constituted by such illustrious sons and not those who make it seem like they are doing the Nation a favour .

Can any coach or club , stop Messi , Ronaldo , Ibrahimovic , Gattuso or Mikel from going to represent their Countries in a tournament? Not to talk of small Watford that will soon go back whence they came to relegation.

However this should be a wake up call to the Amajuju led NFF to take a leaf from the North Africans , develop the local league from the grass roots, trust in our home based players more , the Way Keshi trusted Sunday Mba in 2013 AFCON, develop the academies , rally round the big shots and convince them to invest in Nigerian clubs , make the league more attractive ,produce world class players , compete well in African club competitions even the Club World cup.

This would make the Super Eagles Squad be constituted by home based players more and break the ForeignPOLY of those bench warmers we invite from unknown farmers leagues .

Na dem go de beg to play for Super Eagles , who be Dennis sef , he don fit do reach one quarter of wetin Benzema don do, yet France drop am for years even win World cup without am.
Re: Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford by Dvectra(m): 9:34am On Jan 01, 2022
Its his choice to make and he decided to help Watford rather than Nigeria judging to the fact they need him more than Nigeria...
Re: Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford by otokx(m): 9:41am On Jan 01, 2022
emae009:

June - July scheduling of other international tournaments.
Everybody will finish their club season together, represent their countries together, go for short vacation together and return to club football together.

with this settings, Liverpool isn't going to give the likes or Salah any vacation once the tournament ends. One of the reasons Africans rarely have a long football career

By June - July, the rains are in full force in most of Africa. Some of these players played in the January AFCON prior to going to Europe so what has changed.

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford by Seun360(m): 9:45am On Jan 01, 2022
He won't be missed
Re: Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford by AFvckingAlpha(m): 9:50am On Jan 01, 2022
humberjade:

Trust me, if I were to be a big player, I will so much sabotage the team throughout the duration of AFCON ehn, that they will wish they had released me to represent my country. grin

But seriously, can anyone stop the likes of Mane or Saleh? Hell no! But since these guys are rising stars, hence, the rubbish stunt these idiotic clubs are pulling.

And again, are these guys really passionate about playing for their country at the AFCON? But I guess nothing will stop them were it to be the World Cup. Well it is always money over patriotism...And again,
he who pays the piper dictates the tune.

For those bashing CAF for the timing of the AFCON, you can't allow it take place when any other major global or continental showpiece is holding.. Low attendances, coverage, and viewership will mar it, hence, marketing and financial implications. Take the Asian Cup for example.

Even if CAF wants to move it to the summer, it will mean having to omit one AFCON, to make it fit without clashing with the world Cup and Euros. Except they want to make it every 4 years and in odd years too.

Shut up son, the Afcon was moved away from the summer only because of the weather conditions won’t be favorable. It would be at the heart of the rainy season and no one wants a disruption of the tournament. Get your facts straight.

I said what I said
Re: Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford by Baye07: 9:55am On Jan 01, 2022
First and foremost, no club has the power to prevent players from going for national duties.
Secondly, Denis messed up allowing them threaten him. He's a very talented player that can play for clubs much bigger than Watford. In fact, the Afcon would have been a perfect stage for him to showcase himself once more and relaunch his career.
Lastly, the organizers of this Afcon are serious jokers. Who organizes a tournament when most leagues are in the middle of their league season This is why nobody takes this Afcon seriously. They should change that rubbish January timing.

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford by DesChyko: 9:58am On Jan 01, 2022
Lekan239:
the world cup is going to be held during on league season too, I'm quite sure FIFA will create a month international break calendar for the competition.

FIFA conducts the world cup. They're also in charge of football worldwide. It's at their beck and call to do what they please.
EUROS is played during off season. Even the Nations League finals.
Euros is way more commercial and enticing than any other continental competition, yet it is played in off-season.
AFCON can't even measure up to any top flight club league.
It's sensible for them to gain premium viewership first, before they can earn the right to consideration ahead of club sides.
As it is today, any of the European top club match will have more viewership worldwide than any AFCON match on the same date and time.

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford by DesChyko: 10:02am On Jan 01, 2022
Baye07:

Lastly, the organizers of this Afcon are serious jokers. Who organizes a tournament when most leagues are in the middle of their league season This is why nobody takes this Afcon seriously. They should change that rubbish January timing.

That's just it. Do I blame Watford? Who lets go an irreplaceable player in the middle of a potential relegation battle?

African players may suffer the most if these clubs are arm twisted into losing African assets in trying times. Because these clubs are the perfect launch pads for most of their careers.

2 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford by Kirkman: 10:03am On Jan 01, 2022
Tokskob2008:
Even the players themselves don't want to come play for the country.

It seems Nigeria might not even make it past the group stages sef...
How will we make it when our first game is against Egypt. Na group of death dem give us so...
Re: Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford by pek(m): 10:04am On Jan 01, 2022
Bomoad:
NFF should sue Watford
That's where you get it wrong. There are rules. NFF sent the request very late. Watford chose not to honour the request cause it came late. Nothing FIFA can do. Blame your NFF for their usual fire brigade approach.
Re: Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford by humberjade: 10:06am On Jan 01, 2022
AFvckingAlpha:

Shut up son, the Afcon was moved away from the summer only because of the weather conditions won’t be favorable. It would be at the heart of the rainy season and no one wants a disruption of the tournament. Get your facts straight.

I said what I said

Of course, a child's up bringing matters a lot in life. Goes a long way to show how you were brought up, I guess you were always corrected with kicks, sticks and rods, hence, your disrespect. It is understandable, but still, I am not responsible for your frustration in life, so shift abeg. All I typed was my own personal opinion on the probable cause.

If you will be humble enough to learn...you could have just typed... " I beg to differ...I think you are wrong on this...I stand to be corrected, but I think the main reason why..."

You don't even know the status and age of the other person at the other end, but since Nairaland is anonymous (as far as you are not using a public WiFi, don't be too confident), you can just tell anybody to shut up? He even put "son" grin

Continue you hear, it will soon catch up. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford by emae009(m): 10:07am On Jan 01, 2022
otokx:

By June - July, the rains are in full force in most of Africa. Some of these players played in the January AFCON prior to going to Europe so what has changed.

read my first comment again. Rain is full force doesn't mean all day every day. Some days are sunny. Some days the rain only falls at night.
Like I said tradition plays a major part but maybe it's time to adapt to the changing environment
Re: Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford by pek(m): 10:07am On Jan 01, 2022
pek:
That's where you get it wrong. There are rules. NFF sent the request very late. Watford chose not to honour the request cause it came late. Nothing FIFA can do. Blame your NFF for their usual fire brigade approach.
@Jrusky
Re: Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford by phemmyfour: 10:09am On Jan 01, 2022
paulolee:
they is no pressure bro, denis preferred helping watford than coming n sitting on the bench in AFCON, he would av bin with us assuming he is a guaranteed starter n dts wat NFF cnt assure him n he choosed to stay n help watford dt needed him the more...
If u u read within the lines in dt ranieri interview, u would understand the real meaning of "meeting with the NFF got a mutual understanding with NFF"
He's not a patriot. Ronaldo was on the bench in USA 94

Osimeh was on the bench in AFCON 2019
They weren't starters
Being on the bench is part of the game

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford by Baye07: 10:20am On Jan 01, 2022
DesChyko:

That's just it. Do I blame Watford? Who lets go an irreplaceable player in the middle of a potential relegation battle?

African players may suffer the most if these clubs are arm twisted into losing African assets in trying times. Because these clubs are the perfect launch pads for most of their careers.
Yea right. Mikel had that issue in Chelsea. He wanted to go for Olympics, the coach then (should be Conte) didn't want him to go, he insisted and went. When he returned, coach refused to play him, Mikel pushed for the exits and left for another club.
The eagles are already missing two of their best forwards in Osimhen and Denis. Not good at all.
Re: Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford by ddeola: 10:46am On Jan 01, 2022
CAF needs to address the disrespect from UEFA over Afcon, they should stop threatening African players who want to represent their countries. National honour should come first
Re: Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford by GuiseppeO: 10:51am On Jan 01, 2022
Nice one Dennis...If your source of livelihood is threatened, you’d make a needy compromise.

Watford “baring fangs” is enough message to ditch the Super chickens...grin

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford by Gunayo(m): 10:58am On Jan 01, 2022
izzy4shizzy:
The truth of the matter is these clubs disrespects AFCON and in general Africa.

Imagine this was a European competition, would they still stop him?

CAF is too weak abeg,

Well what can I say, CAF will just bend over and let this clubs knack them anyhow.

Imagine klopp calling AFCON a little competition, Napoli was even threatening with lawsuits. This clubs will not hesitate to drop these players if and when they loose form.
why won't they disrespect Caf and Africa as a whole, when we pay peanuts to our players playing in Africa compare to others that receive plenty money outside Africa. Until we get it right, they will continue to disrespect us.

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford by AFvckingAlpha(m): 10:58am On Jan 01, 2022
humberjade:

Of course, a child's up bringing matters a lot in life. Goes a long way to show how you were brought up, I guess you were always corrected with kicks, sticks and rods, hence, your disrespect. It is understandable, but still, I am not responsible for your frustration in life, so shift abeg. All I typed was my own personal opinion on the probable cause.

If you will be humble enough to learn...you could have just typed... " I beg to differ...I think you are wrong on this...I stand to be corrected, but I think the main reason why..."

You don't even know the status and age of the other person at the other end, but since Nairaland is anonymous (as far as you are not using a public WiFi, don't be too confident), you can just tell anybody to shut up? He even put "son" grin

Continue you hear, it will soon catch up. grin grin

You tripping son! niggar you don’t know shit bout how I was brought up, infact you know nothing about me and quit acting like you some psychic and shit, your so petty son ! So ama tell you once again, STFU niggarr!!

Son, nobody care about who you are or where your age’s at, you don’t come up here and type shit and all, niggars’s gon school you man and put you in ya place, where you deserve.

It ain’t personal son, just me schooling you. Irrespective of your status or age son, niggarrs’s still gon school you, now you learnt something. Go teach someone else. I still get schooled many a times, the fvck are you niggarr??

And I ain’t afraid of no one, niggar. Now you bugging!!

I said what I said
Re: Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford by humberjade: 11:08am On Jan 01, 2022
AFvckingAlpha:

You tripping son! niggar you don’t know shit bout how I was brought up, infact you know nothing about me and quit acting like you some psychic and shit, your so petty son !

Son, nobody care about who you are or where your age’s at, you don’t come up here and type shit and all, niggars’s gon school you man and put you in ya place, where you deserve.

It ain’t personal son, just me schooling you. Irrespective of your status or age son, niggarrs’s still gon school you, now you learnt something. Go teach someone else. I still get schooled many a times, the fvck are you my niggarr??

I said what I said

Hahahaha grin grin....Hmm, they always learn the hard way grin...Alright FATHER, I hear you loud and clear grin
Re: Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford by techWriter3: 11:11am On Jan 01, 2022
Truly, Afcon is one hell of an underrated competitors and too disrespected.
Re: Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford by uniquetechng: 11:14am On Jan 01, 2022
paulolee:

the guy preferred helping watford than Nigeria simply because NFF cnt guarantee him starting or even playing, an interview I read on a local outlet said the likes of iheanacho, ighalo, Simeon n even awoniyi are all ahead of him in the starting order saying he is new n need more time to adapt to Africa football..
if Denis na my brother, I would easily convince him to stay in watford n help them escape relagation than come to AFCON, sit on the bench without doing anything, only for him to go back n meet Watford already relegated n even lose his starting spot in dt team..
He actually wants to play for Nigeria at the AFCON but NFF didnt send official invite to Watford within the stipulated time frame, so the fault is not his but NFF.
Re: Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford by AFvckingAlpha(m): 11:15am On Jan 01, 2022
humberjade:

Hahahaha grin grin....Hmm, they always learn the hard way grin...Alright FATHER, I hear you loud and clear grin

You bugging son, you ain’t go do shit niggarr. So ama tell you the for the umpteenth time, STFU!

I don’t know who or what you think you are, but you need to know who you fvcking with, ain’t no bragging or shit but obembe rugged.

And quit capping my niggarr.

I said what I said

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lionel Messi Celebrates His 33rd Birthday Today / Demba Ba Retires From Football At 36 / January 2022 Transfer Window Done Deals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.