Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,025 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

The phone this Nairalanders sold me was a fraud not 4G - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The phone this Nairalanders sold me was a fraud not 4G (3715 Views)

Repairpalng Sold Me A Fake xiaomi Battery / Why I Would Not Be Upgrading To A New 2018 Flagship Phone This Year. / Does Charging A Phone With A Laptop Spoil The Phone's Battery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The phone this Nairalanders sold me was a fraud not 4G by Ezeego1(m): 12:03pm On Jan 01, 2022
That phone is infinix smart 5.

They have 3G and 4G enable infinix smart 5 device. The price is 6-8k difference.

6 Likes

Re: The phone this Nairalanders sold me was a fraud not 4G by Uyi168: 12:03pm On Jan 01, 2022
Maks27:
So recently I posted that I needed a 4G phone and someone in my vicinity mailed me directly and we sealed the deal at 35k. He showed me with his s on it and I confirmed it was 4G. But the moment I put my Sim card it shows only 3G, I have tried all the setting I know nothing. I even put the phone imel online to check the specs and it says it support LTE.
My question now is there a way he tweaked the screen to decieve me that day when I bought it.
The phone name is Infinix smart 5 x657
And also I have confirmed and my sim is 4G

Kindly advise me

Someone told me to put the phone in demo mode and see if it shows 4G LTE I did it and it showed LTE but my if I out it in normal it is on 3G. Please I want to know if I have been cheated.

I have tried contacting this man all to no avail.
I will drop his Moniker if he refuse to reply me before friday
is it smart 5?...

that one has two variant. one 3g, the other 4g
Re: The phone this Nairalanders sold me was a fraud not 4G by Uyi168: 12:06pm On Jan 01, 2022
Ezeego1:
That phone is infinix smart 5.

They have 3G and 4G enable infinix smart 5 device. The price is 6-8k difference.

Op, this is where the issue lies

2 Likes

Re: The phone this Nairalanders sold me was a fraud not 4G by Adewale1603(m): 12:14pm On Jan 01, 2022
there is no sufficient 4g network in the area, you are using. try it in a different place
Re: The phone this Nairalanders sold me was a fraud not 4G by rocoh(m): 12:39pm On Jan 01, 2022
4g phones operates in bands.All the 4g networks in nigeria operate in different bands so your phone might not support the 4g band of your Sim.Try and check the 4g band your phone suports and the 4g band of your sim

Re: The phone this Nairalanders sold me was a fraud not 4G by Asagaguy: 1:09pm On Jan 01, 2022
Naturally,that's a3G infinix smart5.nothing on earth will make it 4G.take it to a phone shop and swap it with the 4G own
Maks27:
So recently I posted that I needed a 4G phone and someone in my vicinity mailed me directly and we sealed the deal at 35k. He showed me with his s on it and I confirmed it was 4G. But the moment I put my Sim card it shows only 3G, I have tried all the setting I know nothing. I even put the phone imel online to check the specs and it says it support LTE.
My question now is there a way he tweaked the screen to decieve me that day when I bought it.
The phone name is Infinix smart 5 x657
And also I have confirmed and my sim is 4G

Kindly advise me

Someone told me to put the phone in demo mode and see if it shows 4G LTE I did it and it showed LTE but my if I out it in normal it is on 3G. Please I want to know if I have been cheated.

I have tried contacting this man all to no avail.
I will drop his Moniker if he refuse to reply me before friday
Re: The phone this Nairalanders sold me was a fraud not 4G by Maks27: 1:41pm On Jan 01, 2022
Asagaguy:
Naturally,that's a3G infinix smart5.nothing on earth will make it 4G.take it to a phone shop and swap it with the 4G own
How do I swap it boss
Re: The phone this Nairalanders sold me was a fraud not 4G by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jan 01, 2022
candygist:
Thats what you get when you looking for good stuff with small money….. in case you need good uk used and brand new phone… you can reach me on 09122498392. My office is located at computer village, ikeja, lagos state. Thanks.
Buy what your money can afford to avoid plenty talk.
go and ask your mom why you are so stupid
Re: The phone this Nairalanders sold me was a fraud not 4G by sweetflame(m): 2:05pm On Jan 01, 2022
Maks27:

This didn't work on my phone sir

It's *#*#4636#*#*

If it doesn't show LTE there too, sorry o sorry o!!
Re: The phone this Nairalanders sold me was a fraud not 4G by bigcee(m): 2:48pm On Jan 01, 2022
Maks27:
The highest it brought was 2g and 3g sir
If it is nothing like this, then you need to return the phone.

Re: The phone this Nairalanders sold me was a fraud not 4G by Zontrident: 3:00pm On Jan 01, 2022
Smart 5 no get 4g na
Re: The phone this Nairalanders sold me was a fraud not 4G by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jan 01, 2022
candygist:

Your life, your opinion. So Get the fu*k out.
no be scam you scam somebody last week wey them come arrest you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The phone this Nairalanders sold me was a fraud not 4G by Poopypants: 4:05pm On Jan 01, 2022
Op the phone doesn’t have 4G, you should have researched more and tested all this before buying it. I think you were quick to pay cos you were on a budget and thought you were lucky to see a deal. You weren’t and 35k can get you 4G used phones comfortably. Try returning the phone if seller still replies you.
Re: The phone this Nairalanders sold me was a fraud not 4G by Homeboiy: 4:28pm On Jan 01, 2022
Smart 5 has a 4G enabled phone and 3G enabled phone

He sold the 3G own to you

No twerking can make it 4G
Re: The phone this Nairalanders sold me was a fraud not 4G by Maks27: 4:52pm On Jan 01, 2022
sweetflame:

It's *#*#4636#*#*

If it doesn't show LTE there too, sorry o sorry o!!
I dialed this it showed LTE
I pressed it but if I go back it will change
Re: The phone this Nairalanders sold me was a fraud not 4G by Maks27: 4:53pm On Jan 01, 2022
Poopypants:
Op the phone doesn’t have 4G, you should have researched more and tested all this before buying it. I think you were quick to pay cos you were on a budget and thought you were lucky to see a deal. You weren’t and 35k can get you 4G used phones comfortably. Try returning the phone if seller still replies you.
He didn't reply me and he have viewed this thread
Re: The phone this Nairalanders sold me was a fraud not 4G by Poopypants: 4:56pm On Jan 01, 2022
Maks27:

He didn't reply me and he have viewed this thread
how did you guys deal? Start from there, mention his name , call him out. Post the account number you paid to and everything, the tracing starts from there.
Re: The phone this Nairalanders sold me was a fraud not 4G by swarley75(m): 5:14pm On Jan 01, 2022
oga manage it like that

1 Like

Re: The phone this Nairalanders sold me was a fraud not 4G by eventainment(m): 5:47pm On Jan 01, 2022
Try *#*#4636#*#*
Re: The phone this Nairalanders sold me was a fraud not 4G by candygist: 6:01pm On Jan 01, 2022
Bodmum:
no be scam you scam somebody last week wey them come arrest you?

Them arrest me and I dey here dey use internet. Be like say Nigeria done change.
Re: The phone this Nairalanders sold me was a fraud not 4G by candygist: 6:03pm On Jan 01, 2022
michael77777:
go and ask your mom why you are so stupid
Go and ask your mom who your real father is. She go tell you say na me.
Re: The phone this Nairalanders sold me was a fraud not 4G by candygist: 6:04pm On Jan 01, 2022
iamoyindamola:

You should Bleep off instead and stop forcing your over prized crap on him

Broke ass nigga.
Re: The phone this Nairalanders sold me was a fraud not 4G by candygist: 6:05pm On Jan 01, 2022
Bodmum:
maybe you Will sell those Samsung's to him at 35k or he should go and Rob because of overpriced Sammy.

If you want phone of 35k. I can sell for you. Everything has its own price. You get ?
Re: The phone this Nairalanders sold me was a fraud not 4G by iamoyindamola(m): 6:06pm On Jan 01, 2022
candygist:

Broke ass nigga.
Mumu
Hungry mofo looking for where to sell outdated phones grin grin grin
Re: The phone this Nairalanders sold me was a fraud not 4G by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jan 01, 2022
candygist:

Go and ask your mom who your real father is. She go tell you say na me.

1 Like

Re: The phone this Nairalanders sold me was a fraud not 4G by candygist: 6:07pm On Jan 01, 2022
iamoyindamola:

Mumu
Hungry mofo looking for where to sell outdated phones grin grin grin

Make I give you my address make you come price phone ? I go use cane chase you…….
Re: The phone this Nairalanders sold me was a fraud not 4G by iamoyindamola(m): 6:10pm On Jan 01, 2022
candygist:

Make I give you my address make you come price phone ? I go use cane chase you…….
Lmao so you can scam me
Re: The phone this Nairalanders sold me was a fraud not 4G by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jan 01, 2022
candygist:

Them arrest me and I dey here dey use internet. Be like say Nigeria done change.
ok

Re: The phone this Nairalanders sold me was a fraud not 4G by candygist: 7:14pm On Jan 01, 2022
iamoyindamola:

Lmao so you can scam me

Them dey scam poor man ?
Re: The phone this Nairalanders sold me was a fraud not 4G by skywalker240(m): 7:40pm On Jan 01, 2022
Infinix?

Am not surprised

The phone itself is a scam

1 Like

Re: The phone this Nairalanders sold me was a fraud not 4G by iamoyindamola(m): 8:06pm On Jan 01, 2022
candygist:

Them dey scam poor man ?
Atleast I am not a thief like you
Re: The phone this Nairalanders sold me was a fraud not 4G by candygist: 8:07pm On Jan 01, 2022
iamoyindamola:

Atleast I am not a thief like you

Come and arrest me sir.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Make Money From Buying And Selling Mtn Data Plan / Best Phone With 15k / 15 Epic Times People Texted Wrong Numbers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.