Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,731 members, 7,831,331 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Guys, How Do I Register My Company With CAC? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Guys, How Do I Register My Company With CAC? (735 Views)

Please How Can I Register For Webull As A Nigerian / Register Your Company Today With CAC Via An Accredited Professional / Register Your Company With CAC Within 5 Days.100% Reliable. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys, How Do I Register My Company With CAC? by God1000(m): 1:54pm On Jan 01, 2022
I'm thinking of doing something big this year guys, I want to establish a business, what are the steps and requirements to register a company name with corporate affairs commission? is the registration free? How much does it cost?
Re: Guys, How Do I Register My Company With CAC? by kenniefawole(m): 2:11pm On Jan 01, 2022
God1000:
I'm thinking of establishing a business this year, what are the steps and requirements to register a company name with corporate affairs commission? is the registration free? How much does it cost?

Registration isn’t free , the least which is business name would cost you around 12k if you are doing it yourself but if you want to hire an agent at least 20k . Also there are no requirements, just check your business availability first then proceed to reserving the name

2 Likes

Re: Guys, How Do I Register My Company With CAC? by God1000(m): 2:12pm On Jan 01, 2022
kenniefawole:

Registration isn’t free , the least which is business name would cost you around 12k if you are doing it yourself but if you want to hire an agent at least 20k . Also there are no requirements, just check your business availability first then proceed to reserving the name
thanks so much bro, I appreciate.
Re: Guys, How Do I Register My Company With CAC? by RoyalBoutique(m): 6:15pm On Jan 01, 2022
It's not free bro, everything will cost between N60k to N70k because a lawyer has to do it for you.
Re: Guys, How Do I Register My Company With CAC? by God1000(m): 6:22pm On Jan 01, 2022
RoyalBoutique:
It's not free bro, everything will cost between N60k to N70k because a lawyer has to do it for you.
is it compulsory for lawyer's involvement?
Re: Guys, How Do I Register My Company With CAC? by RoyalBoutique(m): 6:33pm On Jan 01, 2022
God1000:
is it compulsory for lawyer's involvement?

No, not really.

I registered my first company myself, it took 4months (and a lot of phone calls and emails to their office) for the certificate to come out.

I registered my 2nd company with a lawyer, it took slightly more than a week for the certificate to come out.

The money between the two had a difference of N10k, the lawyer being the cheaper option.

When I asked why, they said this new method of self-registration has made them lose a lot of side money.

So they're frustrating the process for those that don't want to go through their approved lawyers.

Hope that answers your question.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guys, How Do I Register My Company With CAC? by God1000(m): 6:41pm On Jan 01, 2022
RoyalBoutique:

No, not really.

I registered my first company myself, it took 4months (and a lot of phone calls and emails to their office) for the certificate to come out.

I registered my 2nd company with a lawyer, it took slightly more than a week for the certificate to come out.

The money between the two had a difference of N10k, the lawyer being the cheaper option.

When I asked why, they said this new method of self-registration has made them lose a lot of side money.

So they're frustrating the process for those that don't want to go through their approved lawyers.

Hope that answers your question.
yeah thanks.

But the first poster here mentioned 12k as registration fee, yours is between 60-70k.
Maybe it has been reduced.
Re: Guys, How Do I Register My Company With CAC? by RoyalBoutique(m): 6:47pm On Jan 01, 2022
God1000:
yeah thanks.

But the first poster here mentioned 12k as registration fee, yours is between 60-70k.
Maybe it has been reduced.

12k for business name registration only.

It's a 2-part registration.

1. Business name search and approval.
2. CAC certificate registration

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys, How Do I Register My Company With CAC? by God1000(m): 6:53pm On Jan 01, 2022
RoyalBoutique:

12k for business name registration only.

It's a 2-part registration.

1. Business name search and approval.
2. CAC certificate registration
thanks for the clarification, happy new year
Re: Guys, How Do I Register My Company With CAC? by RoyalBoutique(m): 6:59pm On Jan 01, 2022
God1000:
thanks for the clarification, happy new year

You're welcome.

Happy New year to you too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guys, How Do I Register My Company With CAC? by johhbekeboh09: 8:58am On Jan 02, 2022
RoyalBoutique:

Expatiate why your quotation come be #60K-#70K "because a lawyer has to do it for you"
Re: Guys, How Do I Register My Company With CAC? by johhbekeboh09: 9:02am On Jan 02, 2022
God1000:
I'm thinking of doing something big this year guys, I want to establish a business, what are the steps and requirements to register a company name with corporate affairs commission? is the registration free? How much does it cost?

This a cute and interesting THREAD!

1 Like

Re: Guys, How Do I Register My Company With CAC? by RoyalBoutique(m): 9:03am On Jan 02, 2022
johhbekeboh09:

Expatiate why your quotation come be #60K-#70K "because a lawyer has to do it for you"

I don't need to expatiate.

You can do it yourself and tell us how much you spent so far.
Re: Guys, How Do I Register My Company With CAC? by kenniefawole(m): 9:07am On Jan 02, 2022
RoyalBoutique:

Are you mistaking ? A business name or limited liability company
Re: Guys, How Do I Register My Company With CAC? by RoyalBoutique(m): 9:12am On Jan 02, 2022
kenniefawole:

Are you mistaking ? A business name or limited liability company

Go back to the article and read the whole comments.

It's been answered there.
Re: Guys, How Do I Register My Company With CAC? by kenniefawole(m): 9:24am On Jan 02, 2022
RoyalBoutique:

Go back to the article and read the whole comments.

It's been answered there.

I just did . I get you now

(1) (Reply)

Earn 750 - 2,500 Naira Daily In 10 Minutes. Guaranteed! / Where to purchase Ophthalmic and Medical Equipment in Nigeria? / Stock Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.