Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,292 members, 7,860,700 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:34 PM

Part 20. Do You Know That The Clergy/laity Order Has Been Cancelled By Christ Je - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Part 20. Do You Know That The Clergy/laity Order Has Been Cancelled By Christ Je (732 Views)

The Clergy Project: Godless Pastors / Adeboye Asks For Inclusion Of Clergy In Mid-east Peace Talks At US Congress / Love Feast By Christ Embassy. A Sinful Experience? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Part 20. Do You Know That The Clergy/laity Order Has Been Cancelled By Christ Je by louisadiks: 2:50pm On Jun 16, 2011
Doctrines of the Nicolaitanes: In Rev.2:6, 15 the Lord warned that we should take heed of the Doctrines of the Nicolaitanes:
But this thou hast, that thou hated the deeds of the Nicolaitanes, which I also hate. Verse 15 equally confirms how God hates this doctrine. It states: So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitanes, which thing I hate.
The word Nicolaitanes is a composite of two words: nikao means ‘to conquer’ and laos means ‘laity’. `Thus Nicolaitanes means the ruler of the laities. These are the Clergies. This priestly order assumed a class and became Lords over God’s heritage not realizing the fact that every true believer has been made priest and king of the Most High God under the order of Melchizedec.
The scripture has clearly shown that the early church was being shepherd by a plurality of elders (Act14:19-23) in every city (Titus I: 5).The hierarchical position of church leaders heading ministries and ministers is not scriptural. This Nimrod’s pattern adopted by the churches is contrary to the mind of God.
In Matthew 20:25-28 the Lord states:
And Jesus called them unto Him and said, You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great men hold them in subjection [tyrannizing over them]. Not so shall it be among you: but whoever wishes to be great among you must be your servant, And whoever desires to be first among you must be your slave. Just as the Son of Man came not to be waited on but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many[ the price paid to set them free]. AMPLV
Jesus emphasized this statement in Matthew 23:11-12. But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant. And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.
Jesus did not say that we should call men of God, servants but that we should be true servants of God ready to serve and sacrifice our lives for the sake of the brethren as He did.
The scripture in 1 John 3: 16 confirm this thought:
Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
Ministers of God who are walking in consonance with the Holy Spirit should abase themselves and serve the people of God and not as masters and Lords.
The New Testament was written in Greek and not Latin. Jesus spoke in Hebrew or Aramaic. The passage in 1 Timothy 3:1-2 translated by King James from the Greek text of the original manuscript runs contrary to the statement Jesus made in Matthew 20:25-28. Although it sounds awkward when one translates word for word from the Greek to English language, we will try to bring out the exact words for you to see. The King James Version states:
This is a true saying, if a man desires the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work. A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behavior, given to hospitality, apt to teach not given to wine no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler; not covetous One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity.
The first verse in King James translation states:
This is a true saying, if a man desires the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.
But the actual words from the Greek word translates thus: Faithful the word if any overseership stretches forward to, of good a work he is desirous
Comparing the two translations, we notice here that the scripture did not show at all that it is an office. The word ‘office’ is foreign to the scriptures. When the word office is translated into this verse, it makes overseership to be a hierarchical status. Jesus Christ had told us that there is no hierarchical system in His Body. This means that the Body of Christ is not an organization but an organism. Christ is the Head and we are members of His Body.
When the Lord appeared to me, He said that He is the Head of His Body and any who takes up His position and right of place in the church, as the Head is an ANTICHRIST. The Lord said He never kept anybody to deputize for Him when He left for heaven. He stated in Matthew 18:20:
For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
The Lord declared His presence always whenever His people gather.
Those who take up overseership in the church are those who have grown into maturity in their ministry. As elders in their ministries they are meant to teach and raise up younger ones in the way of the Lord. We have to firmly believe that God hates the doctrine of Nicolaitanes. We must hate what God hates and get out of the hierarchical system else we become candidates to be slaughtered in Great Tribulations.
We often see believers affix ‘ELDER’ as a title before their names. This is scripturally wrong. It is a responsibility and burden laid upon mature believers to discharge their ministry creditably in any assembly till the younger ones come to the knowledge of Christ and grown to become matured in their ministries also.
The scripture in 1Peter 5:1-4 confirms this though:
The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the suffering of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed. Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind; Neither as being lords over God’s heritage, but being ensamples to the flock. And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.
Here the scripture describes what an elder is, as one who feeds the flock of God. Secondly, his work involves the overseeing of the brethren. No office is mentioned here. The supervision is meant to be done willingly not with filthy lucre. That means they should not be Lords or be called His Lordship. This is blasphemy.
In Ephesians 4:8, 11-13 we saw that the Lord was giving Gifts to men and not Titles.
Wherefore he saith, when he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men. And he gave some apostles; and some prophets; and some, evangelists and some pastors and teachers; For the perfection of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ. Ephesians 4:8, 11-13
We are the temple of the living God in this dispensation of Grace. The Spirit of God indwelling in our spirit man brings in the fruit, the gifts and the ministry gifts into the intuition of our spirit. From this center of our intuition the Spirit directs and administers the gift that is within us for the benefit of the church.
The five fold ministry gifts, the apostle, prophet, evangelist, pastor and teacher were properly translated except the pastoral ministry. The translators changed the word from shepherd to pastor. A pastor is a herdsman who controls the cattle from behind. He flogs them to obey his dictates. When he sees danger afar of, he surrenders the life of the cattle for his life. But the word of God reveals a lot about a Shepherd. It is inserted about 35 times in the New Testament but this is the only place in the New Testament the translators insert the word pastor.
In Jeremiah23:1-4 we saw the Lord rejecting the pastors who have scattered His sheep and have not fed them. He promised to gather them these last days to be overseen by shepherds and not pastors.
WOE be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture! saith the LORD. Therefore thus saith the LORD God of Israel against the pastors that feed my people; Ye have scattered my flock, and driven them away , and have not visited them: behold, I will visit upon you the evil of your doings, saith the LORD. And I will gather the remnant of my flock out of all countries whither I have driven them, and will bring them again to their folds; and they shall be fruitful and increase. And I will set up shepherds over them which shall feed them: and they shall fear no more, nor be dismayed, neither shall they be lacking, saith the LORD. Jeremiah23:1
No man or Body of ministers has the right to ordain any into the ministry gifts like the apostle, prophet, pastor, teacher and evangelist even those ministry gifts listed in Romans 12. The scripture in John 15:16 reveals that Jesus Christ is the only one that has the right to make a choice and ordain us. He owns the fruit of the Spirit, the Spiritual gifts and the Ministry gifts therefore He can also impart to those He chose any of these gifts according to His will.
Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain : that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.John15:16
But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will. 1Corinthians12:7-11
Man’s ordination is useless and unprofitable to the church of God because it lacks what it takes to ignite spiritual growth in the lives of the people of God. These high profile religious bigots who ordain men into the ministry ensure that their pastors are subservient and render all allegiance to them. As mentors they claimed to have received power from God to be in charge of all spiritual operations since they believed to have imparted or transferred spiritual gifts to these young pastors. This is the lie of the devil. These so called spiritual gifts are not God’s gifts but demonic spirits being transferred through the lying on of hands which activates the activities of Jezebel spirit in the lives of the ministers. God has set the five fold ministry gifts in the church for the perfection of the saints but daily we see the people of God transforming into the nature of man and beast. God have mercy.
And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophet; and some, evangelist; and some, pastors and teachers ; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: …….
The scripture in John 10:8-16 clearly shows that a shepherd is not a pastor. He has a characteristic nature different from that of a pastor and an in- dept passion and love for God’s sheep.
All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them. I am the door, by me if any man enters in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out and find pasture. The thief cometh not, but to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I am come that they might have life and that they might have it more abundantly. I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep. But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd whose own the sheep are not seeth the wolf coming and leaveth the sheep and fleeth, and the wolf catcheth them and scattereth the sheep. The hireling fleeth because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep. I am the good shepherd and know my sheep and I am known of mine. As the Father knoweth me even so know I the Father and I lay down my life for the sheep. And other sheep I have which are not of this fold: them also I must bring and they shall hear my voice: and there shall be one fold and one shepherd. John10:8-16
We cannot over emphasize this area the devil tunnels through to work on the people of God in order to keep them in perpetual bondage in Babylon. There are many who jump into the ministry to make money and satisfy their basal appetites. They appear with fantastic names for their ministry claiming that they received the name from our Lord Jesus Christ. What ever name they received must have come from Jezebel the prophetess. It must be one of the names of Blasphemy. She heads and controls these ministers because they have become a golden cup in her hand.
A name is a nature which is drawn from the spirit of that name. God found it necessary to change names of men thus changing their destinies and nature into a brand new relationship with Him. Abram was changed to Abraham, Sarai to Sarah, Jacob to Israel and Saul to Paul. Therefore the names of our churches emits a spirit which draws out the natures of the founders, heads, pastors and general overseers of ministries fitly engraving itself in their members. Thus the nature of the members and the ir lifestyle [the manner with which talk, walk, dress, pray and preach] identify their individual denominations. This trend shows that their souls had imbibed the natures of their pastors rather than the nature of Christ. This is the operation of Jezebel spirit and the Antichrist in the churches, working on the souls of men that are meant to be true believers having the nature of Christ.
Do not scream!!! Here is the proof.
And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six. Revelation13:17-18
The Mark [the nature], the Name [the names of blasphemy] and the Number of the beast [666] are controlled by the same spirit. When the spirit of Jezebel releases the names of ministries and the names ministers bear like reverend, pastors etc from her storehouse of names of Blasphemy, it is meant to produce a spirit that would transform the members to the nature of their pastors who had gracefully accepted the mark of the beast. Often, founders of ministries give testimonies that God gave them the names of their ministries. Yes they may have heard a voice but it was Jezebel talking.
Jesus Christ gave us His name not to be used as a name of a ministry but to be borne spiritually so that His Spirit may transform us into His own nature.
1Corinthians 1:12-13 states:
Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ. Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? Or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?
Therefore any contrary name we bear marries us to the spirit of the man or pastor who gave that name. This is why the nature of the pastors is shown in the lives of their members. The number of a man being the number of the beast [666] is therefore the resultant effect of the Mark [nature] of a man and the Mark [nature] of the beast drawn from the Name [denominational name, flattering religious titles] of the man and the Name of the beast./
Any minister who gave a name to his ministry did so at his own detriment because members of his fellowship who are obedient to him remain servants to the spirit that rules his denomination and will always have his nature in them and not that of Christ. The names of all denominational churches claimed to have come from God rather were given to founders of churches by Jezebel. She was found full of the names of blasphemies and free offers to ministers of God in order to safely transfer the nature of the beast unto the souls of their members. The scripture states in Revelations 18:12-13 that she trades with many items among which are the souls of men. The Lord is warning us now to come out from among them. The choice is yours.
TO BE CONTINUED. Louisadikibarasika bassey okokon.

Re: Part 20. Do You Know That The Clergy/laity Order Has Been Cancelled By Christ Je by Joagbaje(m): 5:02am On Jun 17, 2011
Hebrews 13:17
Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

1 Corinthians 12:28
28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.
Re: Part 20. Do You Know That The Clergy/laity Order Has Been Cancelled By Christ Je by nlMediator: 5:24pm On Jun 18, 2011
Joagbaje:

Hebrews 13:17
Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

1 Corinthians 12:28
28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

Nothing in the Scriptures you quoted establishes a clergy-laity distinction. So what part of the clergy is Helps? What office does diversity of tongues hold? Or we choose the ones that support our point - pastors, prophets, etc - and ignore the rest?Also, if God gave all these people to rule, why is that in most churches today, it is a one-man rule by the pastor or founder? I'm eager to see a Biblical basis for the sharp distinction between clergy and laity in born-again churches today.
Re: Part 20. Do You Know That The Clergy/laity Order Has Been Cancelled By Christ Je by Joagbaje(m): 5:37pm On Jun 18, 2011
nlMediator:

Nothing in the Scriptures you quoted establishes a clergy-laity distinction. So what part of the clergy is Helps? What office does diversity of tongues hold? Or we choose the ones that support our point - pastors, prophets, etc - and ignore the rest?Also, if God gave all these people to rule, why is that in most churches today, it is a one-man rule by the pastor or founder? I'm eager to see a Biblical basis for the sharp distinction between clergy and laity in born-again churches today.

The first three are offices, part of the 5 fold ministries. Apostles, Prophets, teachers, 

Ephesians 4:11-12
And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

So the first three are part of the 5 offices . So the rest mentioned are supportive gifts  .They are not offices.

God has always dealth with people through leadership. Without leadership ,there will be chaos. God is God of order. It's a simple logic. He has never dealth with people without a man at the head on whom the anointing rests. When there was no king in israel, it led to war. Until God began to give them judges, even when there was no capable man, he led them by a woman. There must be a leader .

When Jesus left, the church had the apostles, but Peter had leadership among them. Later, James the brother of Jesus became leader.

When paul and Barnabas were sent forth, Barnabas had the leadership, but when he saw the grace on paul, he withrew and allowed paul to lead. There must be a leader.
Re: Part 20. Do You Know That The Clergy/laity Order Has Been Cancelled By Christ Je by nlMediator: 6:16pm On Jun 18, 2011
Joagbaje:

The first three are offices, part of the 5 fold ministries. Apostles, Prophets, teachers,

Ephesians 4:11-12
And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

So the first three are part of the 5 offices . So the rest mentioned are supportive gifts .They are not offices.

God has always dealth with people through leadership. Without leadership ,there will be chaos. God is God of order. It's a simple logic. He has never dealth with people without a man at the head on whom the anointing rests. When there was no king in israel, it led to war. Until God began to give them judges, even when there was no capable man, he led them by a woman. There must be a leader .

When Jesus left, the church had the apostles, but Peter had leadership among them. Later, James the brother of Jesus became leader.

When paul and Barnabas were sent forth, Barnabas had the leadership, but when he saw the grace on paul, he withrew and allowed paul to lead. There must be a leader.

I wish we can find support for your assertions; alas, it is lacking.

Israel fought wars not because they did not have a one-man rule. Even when they had kings, they still fought. So, that assertion lacks support. In the secular world today, we really do not have the kind of one-man government that exists in churches. For instance, in some advanced socieities, you have 3 equal branches of government, none of which has absolute control over the rest. Yet, we do not have the chaos you mention. In fact, they work better than absolute monarchies, dictatorships and church governments today.

You claim that God deals with leadership but somehow equates leadership with one-man rule. They're not one and the same. Peter headed the church, but his leadership was nothing compared to the one-man leadership we find in churches today. If he was that type of leader, how come Paul accosted him without consequences? Can anybody do that with any of the supreme leader-pastors we have today? Heck, nobody in their churches can even claim any revelation, prophecy or word that is inconsistent with that of the pastor. Again, such practice has no support in scriptures, where brethren expressed their gifts, without waiting for certification by one particular individual. Any certification was by the body of leaders or elders, not one man.

The idea that God has always dealt with one leader at a time, even if true, which it is not, does not provide sufficient ground for the one-man supreme rule in churches today. God can choose to structure the new testament church any way He desires. It does not have to accord with previous practice or logic. Logic and common sense only come in when God has not expressly spoken or His word does not appear clear enough. What He has said is that He gave gifts to the Church, not a clergy that is high above the rest of the people. Worse still, not a one-man government. The disorder in the churches today are partly attributabe to that. Because pastors assume a higher role, they have a higher responsibility. And spend every moment trying to maintain that, sometimes using underhanded tactics, hiding their sins because people already view them as demi-gods, when confession would be better for their spiritual health, etc. Instead of a body of believers, we have a segregated congregation. It's disgusting to see people cowering before their pastors, never able to call them by their names without adding a title, etc. No such thing exists in the Bible.

Finally, the fact that Helps and support gifts are mentioned in the same verse you quoted clearly suggest that they are all gifts without any sharp distinction in prestige or position. Today, an usher is way below in the totem pole to the evangelist in the church. Where in that scripture does it say so? The church is moving speedily back into the old testament, importing discarded doctrines and practices to fit into modern life. Makes the whole issue of Jesus bringing a new order virtually pointless.
Re: Part 20. Do You Know That The Clergy/laity Order Has Been Cancelled By Christ Je by Joagbaje(m): 11:22am On Jun 19, 2011
nlMediator:

I wish we can find support for your assertions; alas, it is lacking.

Israel fought wars not because they did not have a one-man rule.

It's not about war. But the disorder.anarchy.

Judges 17:6
6 In those days [there was] no king in Israel, [but] every man did [that which was] right in his own eyes. . .

Even when they had kings, they still fought. So, that assertion lacks support. In the secular world today, we really do not have the kind of one-man government that exists in churches. For instance, in some advanced socieities, you have 3 equal branches of government, none of which has absolute control over the rest. Yet, we do not have the chaos you mention. In fact, they work better than absolute monarchies, dictatorships and church governments today.

Democracy is not Gods idea of government. Even in democracy someone still has executive power . I agree there are checks and balances. But One man leads. It is a simple common sense.

You claim that God deals with leadership but somehow equates leadership  with one-man rule. They're not one and the same. Peter headed the church, but his leadership was nothing compared to the one-man leadership we find in churches today. If he was that type of leader, how come Paul accosted him without consequences?

Firstly,At the time paul accosted Peter, James had become head of the Jerusalem church. That's one of the reason Peter, got scared when he saw the individuals who came from James . So Peter was not the head to paul. Secondly paul was an apostle with a mission. He had his own ministry. Peter visited him. It was pauls domain. He had right to correct issues in his own domain. As a matter of fact.

Can anybody do that with any of the supreme leader-pastors we have today? Heck, nobody in their churches can even claim any revelation, prophecy or word that is inconsistent with that of the pastor. Again, such practice has no support in scriptures, where brethren expressed their gifts, without waiting for certification by one particular individual. Any certification was by the body of leaders or elders, not one man.

Why would brethren voice something inconsistent with that of the pastor. Is there anywhere brethren under paul voiced something that is contrary to paul? show me a verse.

Philippians 3:17
17 Brethren, be followers together of me. .

Galatians 1:9
9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any [man] preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

1 Peter 5:5
5 Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. .

The idea that God has always dealt with one leader at a time, even if true, which it is not, does not provide sufficient ground for the one-man supreme rule in churches today. God can choose to structure the new testament church any way He desires. It does not have to accord with previous practice or logic.

The principles of God are revealed in natural things .

1 Corinthians 11:14
14 Doth not even nature itself teach you. . . .

Romans 1:20
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, [even] his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

What He has said is that He gave gifts to the Church, not a clergy that is high above the rest of the people.

That sounds like the rebellion of Korah. Such spirit is against leadership and believes the leader is exalting himself above people in the discharge of their duties.

Numbers 16:1-4
Now Korah, the son of Izhar, the son of Kohath, the son of Levi, and Dathan and Abiram, the sons of Eliab, and On, the son of Peleth, sons of Reuben, took [men]: 2 And they rose up before Moses, with certain of the children of Israel, two hundred and fifty princes of the assembly, famous in the congregation, men of renown: 3 And they gathered themselves together against Moses and against Aaron, and said unto them, [Ye take] too much upon you, seeing all the congregation [are] holy, every one of them, and the Lord [is] among them: wherefore then lift ye up yourselves above the congregation of the LORD? 4 And when Moses heard [it], he fell upon his face:

that voice alway claim equality with leadership.

Worse still, not a one-man government. The disorder in the churches today are partly attributabe to that. Because pastors assume a higher role, they have a higher responsibility. And spend every moment trying to maintain that, sometimes using underhanded tactics, hiding their sins because people already view them as demi-gods, when confession would be better for their spiritual health, etc. Instead of a body of believers, we have a segregated congregation. It's disgusting to see people cowering before their pastors, never able to call them by their names without adding a title, etc. No such thing exists in the Bible.

Any office can be abused, I'm not in support of that ,but that doesn't take leadership away. Without leadership there is no direction. Leadership is based on principles. The princilples of God transcends dispensations. They are constant. The old testament church had leadership. Moses was head . Does that make him brutal dictator? Why do we confuse leadership with dictatorship? That doesn't take away the place of the other leaders in Israel. There must be one man as overall head. God does not deal with people as we. He relates to people through leadership. There were elders in is real as well. But the headed each tribe. And in each tribe there were family heads.

Finally, the fact that Helps and support gifts are mentioned in the same verse you quoted clearly suggest that they are all gifts without any sharp distinction in prestige or position. Today, an usher is way below in the totem pole to the evangelist in the church. Where in that scripture does it say so?

It is possible to feel that because one is not functioning in high office that such one is more inferior. But it is carnal to think that way. But there is heirachy  according to responsibility. It is not about the man but the office.

1 Corinthians 12:22-23
22 Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary: 23 And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.

Of course theirs heirachy according to responsibility. It will always be so . God made it so. And the bible says to submit to such.I should not feel worthless because I am a drummer behind the stage. We all have our places. And one of the attribute of leadership is ability to recognise people's gifts and potential. A real pastor helps others to get fulfilled. it is not a servant and slave master idea.

We are all chosen of God but we must recognise and submit to leadership.
Re: Part 20. Do You Know That The Clergy/laity Order Has Been Cancelled By Christ Je by nlMediator: 3:43pm On Jun 19, 2011
"It's not about war. But the disorder.anarchy."

I agree that it is about disorder or anarchy. But you can't seriously be suggesting that the only way to stop disorder or anarchy is through a king or a one-man rule? Or are you? In Israel at that time, they needed a king to stop it. In many countries today, they do not need and do not have a king. Yet, there is no disorder or anarchy. They have shared leadership, not in any way resembling the one-man rule of a king. That's the point I'm making. So, to assume that the only way the church can be in order is to have a one-man pastor king is a baseless assumption. The erly church had a group of elders and functioned very well. Even when Peter and James were leaders, they were not one-man leaders. They functioned with others and took decisions together, even though one person was at the head.

"Democracy is not Gods idea of government. Even in democracy someone still has executive power . I agree there are checks and balances. But One man leads. It is a simple common sense."

How do you know God's idea of government? Do you realize that monarchy was not His idea for Israel but he permitted it? God is not for any particular form of government. That's man-made doctrine. That God permitted monarchy for Israel, which was the norm then and for a people coming out of theocracy, does not in any way suggest that that the only form of government that God endorses. More importantly, you're right that in a democracy, there's a head with executive power. But it's not just about checks and balances. It's that every branch of government has its sphere of authority that the other brach cannot legally encroach on. The president appoints ministers, but they MUST be confirmed by the Senate. So, president has limited powers, unlike a king, yet he's still the head. I do not dispute that an organization or society should have a head. The question has been what kind of head? A head like a king with absolute authoirity or a head like a president with shared powers? You tend to confuse headship with absolutism. You can be head without having too much power. The one-man founder pastors of today function like kings with absolute wuthority, not even constituional monarchs, let alone presidents and prime-ministers.
Re: Part 20. Do You Know That The Clergy/laity Order Has Been Cancelled By Christ Je by nlMediator: 4:15pm On Jun 19, 2011
"Firstly,At the time paul accosted Peter, James had become head of the Jerusalem church. That's one of the reason Peter, got scared when he saw the individuals who came from James . So Peter was not the head to paul. Secondly paul was an apostle with a mission. He had his own ministry. Peter visited him. It was pauls domain. He had right to correct issues in his own domain. As a matter of fact."

Correcting issues in his own domain is just your contrived justification for a one-man exclusive ministry. Peter did something wrong and Paul corrected him. Paul did not say it simply to protect his flock. He could protect them without even talking to Peter. He's just address them and let them know that christianity does not support segregation or some judaic practices. I guess, Peter was not a leader at that point. So, even the leadership approach you claim God supported has room for changing leaders and leaving former leaders without authority. Why are your one-man founder ministries not doing the same, since they're copying the style in the Bible? Instead, they stay in power till they die. Or you copy the aspect of Biblical practice that favors you and discard the rest?

"Why would brethren voice something inconsistent with that of the pastor. Is there anywhere brethren under paul voiced something that is contrary to paul? show me a verse."

In the area of revelation, Paul cannot be compared to any minister alive today. Paul got a revelation from God to set out certain principles for the Church. Every christian accepts them as directly from God and without error. Today's ministers, having no such revelation, and being human, make mistakes once in a while. They talk about how they used to preach one thing but found out it was wrong and corrected it. Even you argue here that the church is abandoning wrong teachings and practices to come to a unity of faith. So, it makes sense for Paul to demand absolute followership in revelation. The point I'm making is not about disagreement with pastors per se. But approaching them about something you think they're doing or teaching wrongly. How many people can do that today? Yet, the same thing God spoke to a member as being wrong, a pastor may wake up 5 years later to say that he has discovered is wrong. Yet, his flock suffered under 5 years of that error. If you had shared leadership, most likely they'd have been spared that.

[b"Without leadership there is no direction. Leadership is based on principles. The princilples of God transcends dispensations. They are constant. "

No question. The issue is what principle are we talking about: principle of leadership or principle of absolute one-man rule? The former is God's principle; the latter is not. Does not mean that God cannot appoint a one-man absolute head. But it is not an eternal principle of His. When He seems fit, He chooses a team of leaders. Like when through Paul, He instructed Timothy to ordain a team of elders in the local churches.

[b]
"It is possible to feel that because one is not functioning in high office that such one is more inferior. But it is carnal to think that way. But there is heirachy  according to responsibility. It is not about the man but the office."

It is carnal to think that way. But a worse form of carnality to act that way. Which is exactly what happens in the churches today. There is no real hierarchy in the one-man founder churches. Angles had hierarchy, but Lucifer could not have woken up to disrobe an angel. Secular governments have hierarchy, but one man does not lord it over the rest. Because you have titles in churches does not mean it is really hierarchy.

"that voice alway claim equality with leadership."

There's no point twisting my words. I'm not claiming any equality. And please stop equating leadership with one-man absolute rule. My complaint here has never been about leadership but about a type of leadership - absolutism. And there's never a chance I'll want to compete with the absolutists. The life they have is one I'll run away from, not embrace. They live a cocooned life, without knowing who around them is real or just a plain hero-worshipper. I prefer a simple life where I can bike or walk on the streets of Abuja, stop by to get a suya, wash it down with a fanta, without hassles.  Unfortunatley, your absolutists are missing out on such simple things. If they had adhered to shared leadership in the church, life in that respect would be much easier for them. And the rest of the people.

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Court Jails Female Pastor For Trading Teenage Girls As Prostitutes / Why Do Some Genuine Believers Doubt Their Salvation? / Warri And Asaba Retaliates Against Muslim Community!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.