Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,052 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Upper-iweka Onitsha Increasing Notoriety - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Upper-iweka Onitsha Increasing Notoriety (646 Views)

Arrested Upper Iweka Touts Forced To Sing Soludo Praise While In Rehab Center / Young Man Shot Death At Upper Iweka, Onitsha (Graphic Photos) / Lady Stabbed Dead By Robbers At Upper Iweka, Onitsha, Set To Be Buried (pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Upper-iweka Onitsha Increasing Notoriety by habakukjss3: 6:13pm On Jan 01, 2022
MY ENCOUNTER TODAY WITH "ONE-CHANCE" @ INFAMOUS UPPER-IWEKA AXIS, ONITSHA

It was few minutes past 09:00hours, I was actually heading to Peace Park located @ Upper-Iweka to embark on a journey. At this point, I was at Headbridge bustop planning on how to get to Peace Park. Luckily or unfortunately, I waved down an oncoming minibus I boarded. The driver had only one "passenger" sitting at the back while the conductor was hanging at the door inviting prospective passengers. The driver and this "passenger" looked a little bit perverse and docent, in spite of their uninviting looks I was not suspicious rather I was only wary because most of the drivers and conductors have similar looks. I aimed to take the front sit beside the driver but they were reluctant to let me In there feigning to be in a hurry. I resorted to take the middle row bench, as I was about getting inside the minibus, the only "passenger" sited at the back left his position and moved to the middle row beside the left window as I sat at the middle, then the conductor at the other side. I was in the middle of this presumed innocent hustlers.

As we were heading towards Upper-Iweka, two other passengers joined us; a young lady who sat at the back and another young man with piles of hollow plastic pipes of about four meters in length. This young man has to keep the pipes on roof of the minibus and sat beside the door where he supported the pipes with his right hand to prevent them from falling. Unexpectedly, the conductor came back and compel the young man to get to the backseat that he will take that sitting position and help him support the pipes and he obliged. At this point again, I found myself in between these two guys.

The young lady was the first to alight, on getting to Upper-Iweka I informed the driver to stop at the bustop , the driver didn't stop at the bustop as he moved about 150 meters further before he could stop citing the mild traffic as an excuse. Eventually, he stopped and as I was about coming out, the other passenger excused us to spit through the opposite window, why he didn't spit through the window beside him was what I can't fathom and look at the window beside him and noticed the glass was wound up, I hastily concluded that the window could be faulty that he couldn't wind it down.

Finally, I came down after his spitting drama, all this while I was never in a suspicion of these guys robbing me. Over the years, I have been accustomed to checking on my phone immediately I am out of any vehicle, this I did on me and loh and behold my phone was missing. This is when it dawned on me that my phone has been taken by the spitting passenger, instantly I was practically waving at any passing vehicle like a hen that lost one of her chicks to hawk.

After a few seconds, another minibus stopped i jumped in and narrated the incident to the driver as I urged him to speed off and assured him he would be paid handsomely. This driver was not moving at the speed I so desire but I was not despaired on my phone recovery. The next challenge is how I could identify this particular minus as all the minibuses in the state has a customized painting in yellow and black colours. The only means I could track the bus , is with the plastic pipes on the roof. This i told the driver to help me identify them with the pipes. Even at this point, my driver was not moving at the speed I want , the only time we sighted them was when they already dropped off the passenger with the pipes, they took off immediately again as they manovoured and beat traffics even beyond an ARMY CHECK POINT. Despite these thieves moving faster than us in the midst of traffic, we were still trailing them, I stealthily observed they were all gisting and
chanting. The driver, conductor and first passenger are obviously reveling over the phone.

Miraculously for me, as they were speeding off they ran into a parked luxury bus shattering this luxury bus left-side front mirror and at same time the door of the minibus fell down. The ONE-CHANCE operators don't have any other choice than to stop and fix their fallen door and negotiate for luxury bus damages. My now driver double crossed them, I immediately jumped out and accosted this tattooed-body nocent ONE-CHANCE driver as a brave soldier kitted with every amulet of protection in a war front.

Surprisingly, I was expecting denials upon denials and high degree of confrontation from the crooked ONE-CHANCE driver, as I approached him , without me saying a word he immediately handed over my phone to me telling me he picked it in the bus. Maybe he sensed the danger of being mobbed if I had raised alarm. I wanted to make a little drama out of this, but my spiritman instructed me to take my phone and forgive them of which I heeeded to.

Immediately I collected back my phone, I joined the driver that brought me and asked him to mention his charge, he requested I should give him any amount I desire and insisted and he mentioned the amount and I gave it to him. He was happy and I was happy. I encouraged him to keep helping people in need , that helps come same way

I got back my phone not because of my;
Bravery
Sharpness
Observance
Streetwise

I got it out of GOD'S GRACE

We don't worship God in vain

He hates us losing our sweats
And has promised to restore all we lost .

4 Likes

Re: Upper-iweka Onitsha Increasing Notoriety by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jan 01, 2022
The whole of onitsha na armed robbers. When u are there look straight, and move ahead. Don't answer any calls from anybody or stranger. Put your phone in pocket with your hand on it too, walk fast. Don't appear confused. Everyone issa suspect there

1 Like

Re: Upper-iweka Onitsha Increasing Notoriety by Landmack: 6:46pm On Jan 01, 2022
Artyyyy!

Nice job man

Very soon we will rid Onitsha and other commercial towns of these economic hoodlums and cultists. They should take these nonsense they learnt from Lagosto their MNK Biafra
Re: Upper-iweka Onitsha Increasing Notoriety by OkijaYahoozee: 6:49pm On Jan 01, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMlwyo2lPCk premiere of 419 ecosystem classic
Re: Upper-iweka Onitsha Increasing Notoriety by JEmma1(m): 10:45pm On Jan 01, 2022

1 Like

Re: Upper-iweka Onitsha Increasing Notoriety by Georgekyrian(m): 12:46am On Jan 02, 2022
Thanks God, I think they drew you down Obosi/nkpor road grin, That is where you’ll pass army barracks and their check points, thanks God for you

(1) (Reply)

Update: Gang-up, Conspiracy Against Oriyomi Hamzat To Drop Justice For Timothy / Six Youths, One Soldier Killed In Rival Group Clash In Edo Community (graphic ) / Scam From 09061955297 Beware

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.