Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,106 members, 7,818,305 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

10 Years Anniversary Of Nairalander Programmer - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / 10 Years Anniversary Of Nairalander Programmer (13433 Views)

Advokc Emerges First Runner Up At Budgit Anniversary Hackathon / Google Doodle Honours 125th Birth Anniversary Of PC Mahalanobis / Nigerian Developers Celebrate Wordpress 15th Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Years Anniversary Of Nairalander Programmer by Hausa(m): 2:11pm On Feb 14, 2022
MissionaryArchi:

He said his father's crude business couldn't make a living out of it not coding. Make una dey try read well
Like, bro...
I didn't understand it at all.

Had to read it thrice to be sure crude oil wasn't a slang name for coding. E taya me.
I'm surprised he missed it.
Re: 10 Years Anniversary Of Nairalander Programmer by Nobody: 2:16pm On Feb 14, 2022
I would like to be experienced like you boss
I love programming and I wish to be a pro in it someday
GideonG:
I started programming exactly 10 years ago, on the 1st January, 2012

For about 6, 7 years prior to that I'd always wanted to be that.

Between 2010 - 2012 I was deeply into crude oil business that yielded no positive returns at the end of the day except the wealth of experience.

2012 JavaScript, PHP
2013 Java, Android
2014 Python
2015 admission to study Computer Science at ATBU Bauchi
2021 Obtained B.tech Computer Science 2:1
1st January 2022 Officially started as a Software developer (remote) at a company in Nigeria.

I am grateful for what used to be a dream turned reality.

It all started here, NL was a huge inspiration

Exactly 10 years from the day I started learning programming officially, I am starting as a software developer and my first task will be more of Data science endeavour. Deep learning, machine learning, artificial intelligence which is also a dream come true to have the opportunity to exhibit my passion.

This is my 10 years story and journey as a programmer
Re: 10 Years Anniversary Of Nairalander Programmer by gstream: 2:44pm On Feb 14, 2022
Sheriman:
You must be joking how would a person be coding for almost 10 years without earning something from it.

Try read before responding
Re: 10 Years Anniversary Of Nairalander Programmer by Idzitari1(m): 2:57pm On Feb 14, 2022
Keep exploring more. Wish u well
Re: 10 Years Anniversary Of Nairalander Programmer by Kabasa5(m): 3:00pm On Feb 14, 2022
Congrats fellow..DM for NIMC registration machine and send your location to me.. Interested pls message on WhatsApp Only.. Official number 08082777333
Re: 10 Years Anniversary Of Nairalander Programmer by onojaford(m): 3:08pm On Feb 14, 2022
Sheriman:
You must be joking how would a person be coding for almost 10 years without earning something from it.

Are you blind? He said his is glad that OP left crude oil business because his dad does the same thing for over 20 years now and no money.
Re: 10 Years Anniversary Of Nairalander Programmer by onojaford(m): 3:10pm On Feb 14, 2022
marvelphysics:

Sorry please, where you just learning it all these while, how where you applying it, pls give more info on these years
My plan is just learning and cramming and applying whenever I can so that during my IT, I will go at it full scale so and do so well at it that I will instead of hnd, possibly enter university for computer science

Mail me. I could put you through.
Re: 10 Years Anniversary Of Nairalander Programmer by addexx: 3:11pm On Feb 14, 2022
Sheriman:

Read. He said crude oil.
Re: 10 Years Anniversary Of Nairalander Programmer by beauty16: 3:30pm On Feb 14, 2022
Sheriman:
don't make comments without understanding posts.

1 Like

Re: 10 Years Anniversary Of Nairalander Programmer by faithfull18(f): 3:31pm On Feb 14, 2022
Nice.
Re: 10 Years Anniversary Of Nairalander Programmer by Professorcplus(m): 3:35pm On Feb 14, 2022
cucumbar:
one company is asking me to come do a program on data science, at a cost of 1m+ for 9months to 1year. I’m just thinking if I won’t waste my money, as I don’t have a background in computer science/ coding. I studied engineering though, but not practicing.

The lure of getting a remote job with that skill is what is drawing me, but I’m just wondering if it’s something I can grasp.

What do you think?
Make a proposal that they would employ you as they teach you so, you will pay 5% of the total fee. They will give you their terms and conditions most would be you would work with them after completing your course for like 18 month which it's still fair by me.

If they can't employ you, it means they are only after your money. And they make money by teaching what they aren't practicing. Simple
Re: 10 Years Anniversary Of Nairalander Programmer by goldmatrix(m): 4:07pm On Feb 14, 2022
Sheriman:

Nairaland is made up of so many lunatics...is that what the guy said? Didn't he say , he left crude oil business? And 10yrs after, he is happy living his dreams?

1 Like

Re: 10 Years Anniversary Of Nairalander Programmer by Amwitty(f): 4:26pm On Feb 14, 2022
Sheriman:
Nawa o are you from Daura?

1 Like

Re: 10 Years Anniversary Of Nairalander Programmer by GreatManBee: 4:26pm On Feb 14, 2022
GideonG:

That's great bro nice to meet you @GideonGeorge

Hi George, can you share the link to your portfolio? I am looking for developer.
Re: 10 Years Anniversary Of Nairalander Programmer by SirLakes: 5:01pm On Feb 14, 2022
tens4real:
you must be a bitter person in real life
Lol grin
Na bitter leave be hin first name grin
Re: 10 Years Anniversary Of Nairalander Programmer by tempest01(m): 5:15pm On Feb 14, 2022
LikeAking:

SO?

What is so? If you are not motivated by his post someone else might be. Shift one side
Re: 10 Years Anniversary Of Nairalander Programmer by airsaylongcome: 5:22pm On Feb 14, 2022
cucumbar:
one company is asking me to come do a program on data science, at a cost of 1m+ for 9months to 1year. I’m just thinking if I won’t waste my money, as I don’t have a background in computer science/ coding. I studied engineering though, but not practicing.

The lure of getting a remote job with that skill is what is drawing me, but I’m just wondering if it’s something I can grasp.

What do you think?

So here's my take. DON'T DO IT. At least NOT JUST YET. While Data Science is a wonderful field with very rewarding pay, it is not exactly an easy field to break into, especially for someone with a non-Tech degree like you. I will advise you start small small by taking free courses on Udemy or COUSERA. My first introduction to DS was in 2013 with the Data Science Specialization on Coursera from the Johns Hopkins University. You can "audit" all the courses that make up the specialization. For free. So you get all the information and learning materials but no grades or certification. If you see that you are grasping and enjoying the information then you can go for a paid training either on Coursera or this training centre.

By the WAY, y'all engineering grads will have a somewhat less difficult time understanding the underlying concepts given your prior exposure to very rigorous mathematics

2 Likes

Re: 10 Years Anniversary Of Nairalander Programmer by Adek15(m): 7:25am On Feb 15, 2022
This is really inspiring. Kudos bro.

I'm learning backend development with python and django too. Is it lucrative?

Truth is I'm learning it with the hope of making money from it. I wouldn't want to learn and later discover that it isn't lucrative. Pls I need someone I can connect with on this niche too.
Re: 10 Years Anniversary Of Nairalander Programmer by Dshocker(m): 8:04am On Feb 15, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
Congratulations. I am glad you left crude oil business. My dad has been in it since I was 3 years old, I am 26 now and he has never made a Kobo from it.

The same crude oil that gives people billions?
Re: 10 Years Anniversary Of Nairalander Programmer by Amoo1997: 9:06am On Feb 15, 2022
Hmm
Re: 10 Years Anniversary Of Nairalander Programmer by HolySteph(f): 7:36pm On Feb 15, 2022
That's good. I just started programming in Python. Have knowledge of HTML, CSS with little bit of Javascript and Java.
Re: 10 Years Anniversary Of Nairalander Programmer by GideonG(m): 1:59pm On Feb 18, 2022
Johnnyessence:
Wow that’s a good achievement. Congratulations

Thank you
Re: 10 Years Anniversary Of Nairalander Programmer by Johnnyessence(m): 2:00pm On Feb 18, 2022
GideonG:

Thank you
you are welcome
Re: 10 Years Anniversary Of Nairalander Programmer by GideonG(m): 2:00pm On Feb 18, 2022
Xinjin:
He has indeed learnt alot, don't 4get he went back to sch during this period.

B.tech Computer science is 5 years in ATBU + Corona Virus period = 6years
for nearly 6six years I was studying.
Re: 10 Years Anniversary Of Nairalander Programmer by GideonG(m): 2:18pm On Feb 18, 2022
Obedseq:
Hello. My current CGPA is 1.84 and my school runs a 4.0 gpa not 5.0
Can I get a 2.0 CGPA?
I'm in my final year now...

You may have to learn how to calculate CGPA and calculate everything with your expected results with that you will have the confidence to place a target within reason
Re: 10 Years Anniversary Of Nairalander Programmer by GideonG(m): 2:19pm On Feb 18, 2022
tillaman:
Greater heights to attain!!
Keep the hope alive

Thank you very much
Re: 10 Years Anniversary Of Nairalander Programmer by GideonG(m): 2:21pm On Feb 18, 2022
LMS1:
damn, someone recommend an online hustle fr me o, im planning of blogging. is it lucrative if i focus on .ng audience?

If you can think it and visualize your success while working towards it why not? You may have an immense value to offer the world and if it's starting from blogging then. Just do it!
Re: 10 Years Anniversary Of Nairalander Programmer by GideonG(m): 2:22pm On Feb 18, 2022
Helpfromabove1:
Congrats and move on

Thank you. I appreciate
Re: 10 Years Anniversary Of Nairalander Programmer by GideonG(m): 2:22pm On Feb 18, 2022
Obeyudavid:
Confirmed

cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: 10 Years Anniversary Of Nairalander Programmer by LMS1(m): 2:50pm On Feb 18, 2022
GideonG:

If you can think it and visualize your success while working towards it why not? You may have an immense value to offer the world and if it's starting from blogging then. Just do it!
thanks alot bro

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wht Is CSS Very Complicating...!!!!!!!!!! / Can I Learn Programming With My Smartphone / Thinking Of Dropping Out Of College To Focus On Programming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.