Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,040 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

The Church Witch (A Short Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Church Witch (A Short Story) (812 Views)

The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. / Why I Love The Color Black *a Short Story Of Sexual Abuse* / Don't Laugh Me, Love Me ( A Short Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Church Witch (A Short Story) by Ayoolawrites122: 8:02pm On Jan 01, 2022
Hello everyone.

I am new here, decide to debuted on naira land today being January 1st 2021

Kindly read and share your opinion. Thank you God bless you

Note
This story is all fiction, character, places, and events does not represent any real person, dead or alive

Re: The Church Witch (A Short Story) by Ayoolawrites122: 8:07pm On Jan 01, 2022
Episode 1

I heard some voices around me, I paused as I tried to listen maybe it’s the angels of God that have visited me. Or maybe I am in a trance, let me say maybe people are wrestling with an Angel like Jacob. But what can be happening,?
“You foul spirit, out of this body immediately,” The pastor said to my ear and before I can process what was happening, I felt a hand holding my wrist as it pushes me to the ground. I rolled three times still confused, I opened my eyes slightly to see the pastors and their wives casting and biding right on me.
“Or am I the witch that these people have been waiting to cast out?” I asked myself a question that I am afraid to answer. I laid down in the middle of the deliverance session like a statue and decided to stay put on the ground to avoid anything.
------------------------------------------------------
I made my way to church carefully that morning not to be caught in the gaze of some young men always standing behind the church fence . As I was walking, my heart was beating like in a race with Usain Bolt. The rhythm of my heartbeat can fit into some trap song. My leg was shaking as I murmured to myself, “I cannot fall for these guys”.
There has been news making round for some in the church that a witch is in the church and one day, the witch will be delivered. Like the other church members, I also was looking forward to the day the witch will be publicly disgraced. Maybe that was what they were discussing.
“And maybe today is the day” I taught within myself as I walked into the church joining the prayer wing to pray as that was the usual practice before the service starts. I have decided a long time ago not to join any gossip unit (if there is something like that) in the church.
The opening prayer was anchored by one of the spiri Koko Brothers in the church (Spiri Koko is the name given to people who are classified to be spiritual both in conduct and in dressing). The prayer point was centered on God to give people the heart to receive chastisement and be delivered from the shackles of witchcraft.
The church went agog, everyone was shouting demonstrating like the witch is standing right in front of them. Different prayer points were raised in different sections of the church.
“Every witch, die by fire, every spirit of witchcraft, in this church, receive fire, oh lord, expose them” A woman beside me made me conscious of the fact that people have changed the topic from the one the brother called to prayers against witchcraft.
"Lord we cast and bind o, Cast them bind them, oh lord, reproof every witch that wants to manifest in this church" The prayers continued but I maintained my prayer point. "Lord show yourself"

To be continued.

Feel free to drop your comments. It will be highly appreciated.

2 Likes

Re: The Church Witch (A Short Story) by Ayoolawrites122: 10:13am On Jan 02, 2022
Episode 2

After the opening prayer, the praise team mount the pulpit and start the worship session. The songs that they sang on the pulpit made me acknowledge the fact that I need to continue to worship in the church, these people know how to make people access God sha, I taught within myself. The song goes like this in Yoruba

Oluwa to see oun nla
(God has done a mighty thing)
Teni kan kan o lese
(That no one can do)
Eniyan lo ti Pari
(Human taught it over)
Sugbon baba to se o
(But God has done it)
Nitori na mo yin o
(Because of that I praise you)
Oo se baba
(Thank you, Father)

As the songs came, I felt a heavy power of the holy spirit around me, instead of singing, my mouth opened to new tongues I haven’t spoken before, Tears rolled down my eyes as I knelt my two-handing hanging in the air.
Suddenly, I heard some familiar voices around me, I paused as I tried to listen maybe it’s the angels of God that have visited me "Hold your hands, church hold your hands together, the witch is here." I heard the pastor say and I tried to stretch my hand for the person next to me to hold but I was surprised by what I heard next.
“You foul spirit, out of this body immediately,” The pastor said to my ear and before I can process what was happening, I felt a hand holding me as it pushes me to the ground. I rolled three times still confused, I opened my eyes slightly to see the pastors and their wives casting and biding right on me.

To be Continued.
Re: The Church Witch (A Short Story) by Lakesc: 8:08pm On Jan 02, 2022
Haha! From speaking in tongues to been called a witch, see wahala. Come and continue
Re: The Church Witch (A Short Story) by Ayoolawrites122: 1:35pm On Jan 03, 2022
Episode 3

“Or am I the witch that these people have been waiting to cast out?” I asked myself a question that I am afraid to answer. I laid down in the middle of the deliverance session like a statue and decided to stay put on the ground to avoid anything. The deliverance lasted for about fifteen minutes before I was left alone.
I was not able to participate in any other church activity as I tried as much as I can to avoid people's gaze. Inside of me, I can hear screams from people’s hearts shouting in their hearts. I wish I have an avenue to find my way out of the church looking at the exits, I decided that I am going to find any way possible to run immediately people are standing up for prayers.
The pastor’s message was centered on (How to denounce the spirit of witchcraft).
"Today na today" I taught within myself. “I will soon leave this church today”. I taught within myself as an elder walked up to the pulpit for the announcement, I started packing my bag, use style to adjust my wig that have been disorganized due to the fall from the deliverance session but was taken aback by the first announcement made by the elder.
"Praise God church"
"Hallelujah," the church responded as he continued. The Lord is moving mightily in our midst today. But before we continue, I want to make an important announcement.
“Miss Glory, the pastor will like to see you in his office right away, Ushers, please lead our new convert to the pastor's office” Elder Dele announced, and without wasting time, I packed my bag, turn to leave but was ordered to turn back by the ushers who led me to the pastor's office which entrance is located beside the pulpit of the orthodox church setting.
“What have I gotten myself into today?” I taught within myself. It was like a grand entry, the church members can count the number of steps being taken as I walk to the office.
"Give our sister a round of applause," Elder Dele said as I was ushered into the office with a clapping offering.
Re: The Church Witch (A Short Story) by Lakesc: 2:57pm On Jan 03, 2022
Thanks for the update. Pls if can make it a bit lengthy.
Re: The Church Witch (A Short Story) by Ayoolawrites122: 5:46pm On Jan 03, 2022
Lakesc:
Thanks for the update. Pls if can make it a bit lengthy.

Thanks for following.

I will drop the last episode tomorrow

1 Like

Re: The Church Witch (A Short Story) by Ayoolawrites122: 8:31am On Jan 04, 2022
Episode 4 (Final Episode)

“How do you feel now my beloved sister, have your seat” He pointed to the chair in form of him and signaled to the usher to excuse him, Maybe it's another round of deliverance or something else but I have made up my mind that the embarrassment that happened in the church will be the last that will happen that day. I have made up my mind.
“Am fine sir” I managed to reply as I place my bag on my waiting for the next thing to happen.
“Do you always see yourself among some group of people whenever you sleep?” He asked me again looking straight into my eyes as I try every possible means to take my eyes away from his gaze.
“No sir” I managed to comport myself and try to think of ways in which I can excuse myself and leave the church and never come back.
“Do you know this is an avenue for you to enlighten these people on your predicament?” My spirit man drops the word inside of me.
“These people are not ready to understand this concept” I replied the voice but this time aloud and the pastor was shocked.
“What are you trying to say, Sis Glory,” He asked me as I had cut him of some things he was saying.
“Sir” I began the lecture that I know will take a lot of time and conviction for the pastor to fully understand.
“Sir, I was so surprised when I saw the pastors casting and binding the spirit of witchcraft inside of me, and am very sure that I am not a witch, `You people are just making things up”
“Making things up as how?” The pastor asked but was interrupted by his wife who came in as the pastor asked the question.
“Daddy, don’t even allow this lady lie to you, don’t you see the way she was crying when the choir was singing, I am very sure that she can’t stand the spirit of God in the ministration, that was the reason she is crying, always crying. Daddy, even in small prayer like this, she will be crying, isn’t that the sign of a witch?” She said as she took the chair beside the one, I was sitting and sat on the other side of the table right next to her husband.
“Sir Ma That is not the case” I continued my explanation as I pray the holy spirit give me utterance. “Right from my childhood even to this time, I always express my emotions by crying ma. This is not the case of witchcraft or maybe I have any diabolical power, but this is the way I was born, my nature, sir, The deliverance session cannot change anything, I was conscious all through the time that you were binding and casting. Sir can I ask you a question sir”
“Go ahead” Mummy G. O answered as the two of them stood looking at my lips as they moved.
“Sir, Ma, will you cast out evil spirits in your children simply because they love to eat much food? Or for their high or low appetite for food?”
“No” They replied as if they knew each other’s minds.
“So, sir, you can’t blame me for crying, also you can’t lecture me on this, Tears doesn’t mean I am crying, it’s just a way in which I show my emotions, nothing more nothing else. Before I go, sir, this is my number” I picked a pen from the table and write down my phone number for the pastor to call me.
“Thank you, sir, God bless you sir” I stood up, took my bag, and without waiting to dust my cloth I headed to the door not looking back.
Outside the church I saw some church members staring at me, I know it’s not their fault, it is what they have been fed with. But I know I owe no one any explanation on how I will serve my God. With my shoulders high, walking in elegancy in my heeled shoes and dirty cloth I made my way to the church gate and prayed to God not to see reasons to come back to the church again.
“What a day, So I am the witch all along” I sighed.

THE END

Please do well to comment on the story, thank you. Expect other interesting stories from me soon.

Thank you.

Follow our Facebook page @ Gbenga Ayoola

Twitter @theAyo_official

(1) (Reply)

Who Killed Father Christmas? - THE END Mystery Story / Got Questions About Anything In Literature,books E.t.c? Ask It Here / Check Out This Link

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.