Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,254 members, 7,815,385 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans (4790 Views)

My Phone Was Stolen And Money Withdrawn From My Bank Account / My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! / Pepper In Vagina Saga: No Phone Was Missing, Police CP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by Metetiexpress: 11:17am On Jan 02, 2022
On the night of 19th/ 20th December 2021 I was robbed of my phone, ATM card and the carton of the phone . This was how it happened.
I just moved into this 2 bedroom apartment October 4th . All the windows have burglary except the kitchen window . I don't keep friends ..just one person who is doing very well for himself . That fateful I was lamenting to my girlfriend how things have been hard for me ever since I moved into that particular apartment .She suggested we pray at 12 . So by 12:35 we were already done with the prayers . We were doing this via WhatsApp voice call. After all the prayers ,sleep won't come on time so I decided to be on my phone till 2 when I slept off .
I woke around 4 to have the second session of the prayer only for me to find out my phone was gone ,ATM card change of about #600.
I ran to the kitchen and discovered they removed the kitchen window nicely and dropped them outside. I ran to my neighbour to block my account and phone number but it wasn't just working. I stay beside my bank .5 I ran to the security guys to see if I could block the account and it worked perfectly. I called glo too and they blocked my line .
I have retrieved my glo and few days ago I go a message from lcredit and Migo that I should pay a particular loan 57k and 23k respectively. These robbers opened 2 accounts in my name with my bvn and were able to get the loans into this accounts(access diamond and firsthank )
Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by Metetiexpress: 11:18am On Jan 02, 2022
I reported at the police station that same day .Police just came and snap the place and that's all . I know there would be many others they borrow from .mind you my phone didn't have password.
Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by Rosaline5000: 11:26am On Jan 02, 2022
This is sad. So they must have transferred the money they borrowed to a normal account number or even their own. Why don't you reach out to those loan companies, present the police report and request they supply the account the funds was transferred to.

And since they use your name and bvn, requesting for the account the loan was transferred to shouldn't be very hard.
Goodluck na so so scammers just full everywhere

2 Likes

Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by Nobody: 11:30am On Jan 02, 2022
Metetiexpress:
I reported at the police station that same day .Police just came and snap the place and that's all . I know there would be many others they borrow from .mind you my phone didn't have password.
Sorry for your loss. Please put pin or pattern on your phone and simpin on your sim card too on your

2 Likes

Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by Metetiexpress: 11:39am On Jan 02, 2022
Rosaline5000:
This is sad. So they must have transferred the money they borrowed to a normal account number or even their own. Why don't you reach out to those loan companies, present the police report and request they supply the account the funds was transferred to.

And since they use your name and bvn, requesting for the account the loan was transferred to shouldn't be very hard.
Goodluck na so so scammers just full everywhere
Bro I still dey shock like this . I slept in my siting room that night and the phone was plugged beside me ..till they finished their operation I didn't even wake up . They went into my room to collect my ATM card and phone carton
Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by Metetiexpress: 11:39am On Jan 02, 2022
excellence44:

Sorry for your loss. Please put pin or pattern on your phone and simpin on your sim card too on your
Sure . It won't happen again oo
Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by TheStakeHolder(m): 11:41am On Jan 02, 2022
This is serious. We need to be more vigilant.
Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by 2special(m): 12:20pm On Jan 02, 2022
excellence44:

Pin, pattern or thumbprint are very easy to remove or deactivate from a phone.
Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jan 02, 2022
2special:
Pin, pattern or thumbprint are very easy to remove or deactivate from a phone.
With out loosing install data?
Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by SankaraSo: 12:50pm On Jan 02, 2022
What is the essence of putting protector without putting in the kitchen?

Even the toilet needs protector.

Make enough trouble because your landlord knows what happened to your phone.
Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by Metetiexpress: 1:21pm On Jan 02, 2022
SankaraSo:

What is the essence of putting protector without putting in the kitchen?

Even the toilet needs protector.

Make enough trouble because your landlord knows what happened to your phone.
Hmmmm..I am just thinking of so many things . Why does she have to wait until I was robbed b4 she put protector
Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by Crenzywilliams(m): 1:39pm On Jan 02, 2022
I thought these loan companies usually do a picture confirmation to know if it's the same person with the bvn that's initiating the loan. I also know that no loan companies will loan you such an amount as a first time borrower (well unless they have changed since I left 9ja). I thought they usually start with small loans like 5k or 3k, if you're able to pay back in time, they increases ur credit rating. If u've been borrowing before, then they didn't use ur bvn to open the loan accounts man, and in that case the loan company will also need a live picture from them for confirmation. Besides if it wasn't ur first time receiving money from them the money should go straight to your bank account, no loan company will use ur bvn and then send the money to an account with another name, and if it's to your account, how did the thieves get ur transfer codes,...dude, what's the real story man?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by Olumighty123(m): 1:48pm On Jan 02, 2022
Crenzywilliams:
I thought these loan companies usually do a picture confirmation to know if it's the same person with the bvn that's initiating the loan. I also know that no loan companies will loan you such an amount as a first time borrower (well unless they have changed since I left 9ja). I thought they usually start with small loans like 5k or 3k, if you're able to pay back in time, they increases ur credit rating. If u've been borrowing before, then they didn't use ur bvn to open the loan accounts man, and in that case the loan company will also need a live picture from them for confirmation. Besides if it wasn't ur first time receiving money from them the money should go straight to your bank account, no loan company will use ur bvn and then send the money to an account with another name...dude, what's the real story man?

Exactly my point, are they not supposed to pay directly to the account associated with the bvn? I think something is not right.

1 Like

Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by Crenzywilliams(m): 1:58pm On Jan 02, 2022
Olumighty123:

Exactly my point, are they not supposed to pay directly to the account associated with the bvn? I think something is not right.
I'm glad am not the only person trying to be logical here.

1 Like

Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by Metetiexpress: 2:27pm On Jan 02, 2022
Crenzywilliams:
I thought these loan companies usually do a picture confirmation to know if it's the same person with the bvn that's initiating the loan. I also know that no loan companies will loan you such an amount as a first time borrower (well unless they have changed since I left 9ja). I thought they usually start with small loans like 5k or 3k, if you're able to pay back in time, they increases ur credit rating. If u've been borrowing before, then they didn't use ur bvn to open the loan accounts man, and in that case the loan company will also need a live picture from them for confirmation. Besides if it wasn't ur first time receiving money from them the money should go straight to your bank account, no loan company will use ur bvn and then send the money to an account with another name, and if it's to your account, how did the thieves get ur transfer codes,...dude, what's the real story man?
They had access to my bvn ..with ussd code u can easily open a bank account on your mobile phone as far as you have bvn and the phone number . They opened access diamond and first bank in my name and bvn ...I don't have access diamond nor first bank
Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by Metetiexpress: 2:29pm On Jan 02, 2022
Olumighty123:

Tens of bank account can be linked with one bvn ..Get a phone number and u will see how easy it is to open an access bank account with just ussd code .This is the logical thing
Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by Metetiexpress: 2:30pm On Jan 02, 2022
I have been pleading with one of them just for them to give the full account but they have been beating around the Bush..if they give me I will simply walk into the bank and get a statement of account
Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by Metetiexpress: 2:32pm On Jan 02, 2022
What I am looking for here is just a way forward..How I can get them ..The right authority to involve .police are just too relaxed for me ..they feel its no big deal .
Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by ogaga4u2(m): 2:34pm On Jan 02, 2022
Crenzywilliams:
The guy story on the loan no follow at all. I support you on this.

1 Like

Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by Metetiexpress: 2:34pm On Jan 02, 2022
Not all do picture confirmation..If a bank account iss linked with your bvn ..they will send ..I don't know how far those guys have gone . I don't know what more they have done.

1 Like

Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by Metetiexpress: 2:35pm On Jan 02, 2022
ogaga4u2:

The guy story on the loan no follow at all. I support you on this.

Omo shey you people dey read the replies at all ...Hian

1 Like

Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by Metetiexpress: 2:37pm On Jan 02, 2022
I am bringing this here for
.. More ideas to nail them
....people to be more careful
Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by Crenzywilliams(m): 2:40pm On Jan 02, 2022
Metetiexpress:

They had access to my bvn ..with ussd code u can easily open a bank account on your mobile phone as far as you have bvn and the phone number . They opened access diamond and first bank in my name and bvn ...I don't have access diamond nor first bank
baba, there's no way u can open a firstbank account without being physically present in the banking hall, I just checked it again to be sure, they require means of identification and a valid utility bill as well besides ur BVN and secondly no loan company will loan u up to 30k in the first instance. Stop trying so much, am sorry for your loss, but at the same time I wonder why you had to mix your gist with lies, it's destroys the credibility of the whole gist.

1 Like

Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by Crenzywilliams(m): 2:41pm On Jan 02, 2022
Metetiexpress:
What I am looking for here is just a way forward..How I can get them ..The right authority to involve .police are just too relaxed for me ..they feel its no big deal .
U want ideas, tell us true first.
Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by Metetiexpress: 2:45pm On Jan 02, 2022
Crenzywilliams:
baba, there's no way u can open a firstbank account without being physically present in the banking hall, I just checked it again to be sure, they require means of identification and a valid utility bill as well besides ur BVN and secondly no loan company will loan u up to 30k in the first instance. Stop trying so much, am sorry for your loss, but at the same time I wonder why you had to mix your gist with lies, it's destroys the credibility of the whole gist.

Hmmmm...Well I called migo the first time I have ever heard of them after I received their msg .The money was paid to a first bank account . I don't have first bank nor access...Both were opened in my name with my bvn ..Lcredit was the first I received . I know lcredit quite well ..They took a loan from there and paid to an access bank account opened in my name
Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by Crenzywilliams(m): 2:49pm On Jan 02, 2022
Metetiexpress:

Hmmmm...Well I called migo the first time I have ever heard of them after I received their msg .The money was paid to a first bank account . I don't have first bank nor access...Both were opened in my name with my bvn ..Lcredit was the first I received . I know lcredit quite well ..They took a loan from there and paid to an access bank account opened in my name
Okay doh. Guy no de lie again, d year just start. Try de talk true
Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by Metetiexpress: 2:51pm On Jan 02, 2022
Crenzywilliams:

U want ideas, tell us true first.

Let's hear from people who work in First Bank and Accesss bank first
Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by Metetiexpress: 2:53pm On Jan 02, 2022
Crenzywilliams:

Okay doh. Guy no de lie again, d year just start. Try de talk true
Lie on top wetin ? Why should I lie ...I am a businessman..I take loans from time to time but I am saying this particular loans from lcredit and migo are not from me .. I use branch and Fair money if I ever needed to get a loan . I have not heard of Migo b4
Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by Metetiexpress: 2:56pm On Jan 02, 2022
These were the 2 bank account they opened in my name and I know nothing about both

Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by Metetiexpress: 2:57pm On Jan 02, 2022
With the 2 missing numbers in the middle I could have simply walk into the banks to get statement
Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by Metetiexpress: 3:02pm On Jan 02, 2022
I blocked my line and bank account on Monday 20th December 2021

Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by Metetiexpress: 3:03pm On Jan 02, 2022
On 22nd that they obtained ..I have not even retrieved my line .. I retrieved my line on 23rd ..They probably opened that account same night

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

VIDEO: Male Student Punches Teacher After She Slammed The Door On His Arm / End Time!!!! Place In Wales Human Sex With Animals!! / 6,280 Ghost Workers, Pensioners To Face ICPC Probe In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.