Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,508 members, 7,823,190 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

Again, Another Pastor For 30 Years Accepts Islam. Reasons? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Again, Another Pastor For 30 Years Accepts Islam. Reasons? (451 Views)

Never think you are not Fulfilled At 30 Years Old / A 30 Years War Between The Catholics And The Protestants That Claimed About 8 Mi / British Ambassador To Saudi Arabia And His Wife Accepts Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Again, Another Pastor For 30 Years Accepts Islam. Reasons? by faithsurvey: 2:39pm On Jan 02, 2022
AGAIN, ANOTHER PASTOR FOR 30 YEARS ACCEPTS ISLAM. REASONS?

Watch the video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgsaW7Esn7o

or here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bwXuoE1GnU

*PRIEST OF 30 YEARS ACCEPTS ISLAM* – LEIF SKJETNE Revert Story

Today, we are bringing you one-of-a-kind revert story. We are referring to the story of none other than Leif Skjetne, a 30-year long priest of Swedish Church whose story of conversion to Islam has recently surfaced.

So, basically, Leif Skjetne, a 77 years old priest, who served as a priest for 30 years in Swedish City Jonkoping has become a Muslim. However, there is a bit of a twist here.

There has recently been a documentary release about Leif Skjetne’s journey that reveals that the 77-years old priest had already converted in the year 2017. Which came as a surprise, not only to the general public but the church staff as well – given that a priest had become a Muslim, long before he left the Church of Sweden.

One of his friends, Par Aj Persson, was present at the press screening of the documentary. He says, “I still have a hard time understanding how Leif could convert. He was in the church for 30 years. But, we are still just as good friends.”

Leif Skjetne grew up in Oslo, Norway. He moved to Smedjebacken in 1984 where he worked as a priest in Norrbarke Parish until 1986. Moving forward, he came to work in Skillingaryd’s pastorate where he was mainly a minister in Aker and Hangshult.

Later on, Skjetne worked a lot in Hanger-Dannas as a priest on pension. During his time as a priest in the Church of Sweden, Skjetne had a chance to work with refugees and their issues.
One of those refugees was a Muslim man named Abdullah. Skjetne got a chance to live with him and they eventually became good friends.

“He calls me his dad, his biological father is dead. We lived together for a year and half.” Said Skjetne.

During his time with Abdullah, Skjetne got the chance to study Islam closely. Abdullah was a devoted Muslim and he prayed five times a day, coupled with rest of the duties that came with Islam.
This gave way for the 77-year old, ex priest, then 74-year old, to study the teachings of Islam.

“Christianity and Islam have a lot in common, starting from the same God. The only strong dividing lines are Jesus and Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him). However, Islam does contain all the teachings of Christianity.”

In recent decades, there have been many flared up incidents due to extremist movements and so. Muslim households throughout the world have been at the receiving end of unpleasant behavior.

He got a chance to live with the Moroccan refugee, Abdullah, because apparently, Abdullah was not a fan of refugee housing. However, after living with him for a year and half, there were several expulsion decisions.

“I was not surprised when they finally expelled him.” Said Leif Skjetne.

It is reported that it was in the Autumn of 2017 when Leif Skjetne accepted Islam – while he was living with Abdullah. He changed his name to Ahmed Skjetne.
Moving forward, Ahmed made a major decision, moved to Morocco and started living as a pensioner.

“Many people have converted to Islam. However, I may be the first priest in Scandinavia to have gone that route.” Says Ahmed Skjetne.

After his conversion became public, many people from the Church’s management were sent for him. But, when a priest that old makes a decision to convert, you can only believe that it’s a well-thought decision.

“The only change is the language here. Arabic is difficult and I don’t know much. The climate is good with around 35 degrees.” He said.

“I go to the mosque occasionally because it has been difficult due to the ongoing pandemic situation.” Ahmed added.
The documentary that came out about his conversion his named as “The Confession”. It became possible when two people, Tomas Bilderman and Alex Bolevin followed Ahmed for a year. The documentary has already had a significant impact.

Ahmed Skjetne did not make an announcement because of his past. He did serve as a priest for a major part of his adult life.

“A decision like this had the potential of affecting many people in my surroundings. I didn’t want that to happen.” Said Skjetne.

He accepted Islam, moved to Morocco, and starting living as a retired priest on pension. Mr. Ahmed Skjetne currently resides in Fez, Morocco with the Moroccan refugee, Abdullah.
Stories like this Ahmed Skjetne’s are a direct voucher from Allah. When the creator above wills, everything else becomes irrelevant. We have nothing but best wishes and prayers for Ahmed Skjetne. May Allah continue guide us all. Ameen.
Re: Again, Another Pastor For 30 Years Accepts Islam. Reasons? by AntiChristian: 4:25pm On Jan 02, 2022
Islam the one and only religion accepted by Allah!

Jesus is coming back to break the cross (denounce the crucifixion), kill the pigs,...

2 Likes

Re: Again, Another Pastor For 30 Years Accepts Islam. Reasons? by advocatejare(m): 4:45pm On Jan 02, 2022
AntiChristian:
Islam the one and only religion accepted by Allah!

Jesus is coming back to break the cross, kill the pigs,...
You should have completed it:

Jesus will be a just ruler meaning he will rule the world

Jesus will come and abolish the derogatory Jizya tax that Muhammad imposed on Christians and the Jews

Re: Again, Another Pastor For 30 Years Accepts Islam. Reasons? by motayoayinde: 8:33pm On Jan 02, 2022
MASHA ALLAH.

SLOWLY BUT SURELY,

ISLAM MARCHES ON.
Re: Again, Another Pastor For 30 Years Accepts Islam. Reasons? by advocatejare(m): 10:18pm On Jan 02, 2022
motayoayinde:
MASHA ALLAH.

SLOWLY BUT SURELY,

ISLAM MARCHES ON.
Just like muhammad predicted

1 Like

Re: Again, Another Pastor For 30 Years Accepts Islam. Reasons? by AntiChristian: 6:57am On Jan 03, 2022
advocatejare:

You should have completed it:

Jesus will be a just ruler meaning he will rule the world

Jesus will come and abolish the derogatory Jizya tax that Muhammad imposed on Christians and the Jews

And he will rule with Islam and the Qu'ran!

Anyways, Christianity will die then as was not started by God not Jesus but one certain Saul.
Re: Again, Another Pastor For 30 Years Accepts Islam. Reasons? by AntiChristian: 7:57am On Jan 03, 2022
advocatejare:

Lying for Allah as usual. Can you reference this lie of yours?
shebi you Sabi google your source! Google am na!

Christianity lives forever.

Churches are being closed o! More Christians are converting to atheism and reverting to Islam.

It’s Islam that will die like muhammad said in sahih muslim 146. It’s death has even started.

Jesus will soon come and follow his brother to practice Islam.

the
Saudi Arabia has started scrapping many things in Islam. They now recognize Christian holidays, they now allow women right, very soon churches will be allowed in the heart of Islam and the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ will be preached in Saudi and Christ will reign there and all over the world!
We don't follow Saudi na! Do Christians follow Israel?

Abeg stop mentioning me in such foolish posts. I no go reply self!
Re: Again, Another Pastor For 30 Years Accepts Islam. Reasons? by advocatejare(m): 8:25am On Jan 03, 2022
AntiChristian:
shebi you Sabi google your source! Google am na!
If you are sure of yourself, show your reference

Churches are being closed o! More Christians are converting to atheism and reverting to Islam.
The true worshippers are worshipping in spirit and in truth, all your Muslim brothers and sisters are accepting Christ everyday but they are afraid that due to the teaching of your blood-sucking cult that anyone that leaves Islam should be killed, that’s why they’ve not come out to tell their families that they have left Islam.

Jesus will soon come and follow his brother to practice Islam.
Muhammad can never be Jesus’ brother. Jesus lived a life of holiness, muhammad lived the opposite.

Muhammad negated all what Christ stood for. The yeye jizya tax that he imposed on Christians and Jews, even muhammad himself said Jesus would come and abolish it and Jesus the just ruler will rule the world

We don't follow Saudi na! Do Christians follow Israel?
The shrine and house of Allah your god is in Saudi, your salat is void if you don’t face Saudi while praying.

You can’t start Ramadan fasting if Saudi doesn’t endorse it,

Your 5 pillar is not complete if you don’t go to Saudi to kiss the and bow down to Allah the blackstone inside the Kaaba.

So stop deceiving yourself.

I like the predictions of Muhammed about Islam.

He said Islam started as a strange religion and it will end as such. It has began!

Abeg stop mentioning me in such foolish posts. I no go reply self!
Finish what you started. I’m here to teach you sense, you must get sense by force!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Italy Turns To Islam / Here Comes An Islamic Musical Video Expressed In A Full Dramatic Way / What Is The Way Forward

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.