Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,950 members, 7,814,226 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

Lai Mohammed: How Digital Economy Sector Lifted Nigeria Out Of Recession In 2021 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lai Mohammed: How Digital Economy Sector Lifted Nigeria Out Of Recession In 2021 (5794 Views)

Nigeria Faces Worst Recession In 40 Years – World Bank / Nigeria Heading Into Worst Recession In 30 Years –IMF / Amina Mohammed: Okonjo-Iweala Got Nigeria Out Of Debt, But We're Back There (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lai Mohammed: How Digital Economy Sector Lifted Nigeria Out Of Recession In 2021 by NwaNimo1(m): 11:01pm On Jan 02, 2022
The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, has revealed that the digital economy sector was highly instrumental in lifting the Nigerian economy out of recession in 2021. cheesy

Mohammed, who disclosed this at the weekend, said Nigeria slipped into recession in November 2020 after its Gross Domestic Product (GDP) contracted for the second consecutive quarter.

He, however, said that the fourth quarter of 2020 Report on the nation’s GDP revealed that the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) sector recorded the highest growth rate of all the sectors of the Nigerian economy.

He said in the report released by the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS), the breakdown of the different sectors showed a 14.7 per cent growth rate in the ICT sector.

The minister said the ICT growth rate was greater than the combined 14.21 per cent growth of the second to seventh fastest-growing sectors of the economy in 2020.

“The telecommunications sector alone recorded a growth rate of 15.90 per cent, representing its highest growth rate in the last 10 years.

“In the NBS report for the Q1 2021, the ICT sector maintained its position as the fastest-growing sector of the economy.

“This, therefore, indicates that the Digital Economy sector has proven to be vital for the diversification of the Nigerian economy,’’ he said.

The minister said the feat was recorded through the implementation of the National Digital Economy Policy hinged on eight strategic pillars.

He noted that as part of the efforts aimed at implementing the policy, some projects were implemented nationwide including ICT Innovation Hubs, Digital Skills for Entrepreneurs and Innovators and Community IT Training Centers.

Others were Tertiary Institution Knowledge Centers (TIKC), School Knowledge Centers (SKC), Digital Economy Centers and Emergency Communication Centres (ECC).

The minister also said that during the outgoing year, the Ministry of Communications and Digital Economy conducted a transparent bidding process for the provision of the 5G Network service.

He said the auction for the 3.5 gigahertz (GHz) spectrum for the 5G network service was won by Mafab Communications Ltd and MTN Nigeria Plc.

The minister said that the 5G network service would ensure increased capacity download speed by up to 20 times and decrease latency.

https://www.blueprint.ng/how-digital-economy-sector-lifted-nigeria-out-of-recession-in-2021/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed: How Digital Economy Sector Lifted Nigeria Out Of Recession In 2021 by jetwonder(m): 11:07pm On Jan 02, 2022
grin #this lie lie na waaooo!!!!

7 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: How Digital Economy Sector Lifted Nigeria Out Of Recession In 2021 by NwaNimo1(m): 11:09pm On Jan 02, 2022
jetwonder:
grin #this lie lie na waaooo!!!!

I'm still in shock....

[img]https://media1./images/8449c89b2a5a67af4d98b99a8e403eee/tenor.gif?itemid=21379361[/img]

15 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: How Digital Economy Sector Lifted Nigeria Out Of Recession In 2021 by PrinceOfLagos: 11:12pm On Jan 02, 2022
Laughable grin

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: How Digital Economy Sector Lifted Nigeria Out Of Recession In 2021 by rentAcock(m): 6:24am On Jan 03, 2022
This guy is a pathological liar.

15 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: How Digital Economy Sector Lifted Nigeria Out Of Recession In 2021 by oluseyiforjesus(m): 6:25am On Jan 03, 2022
Lies.....
I didn't bother to read because I knw its all lies

10 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: How Digital Economy Sector Lifted Nigeria Out Of Recession In 2021 by Boogyman557: 6:25am On Jan 03, 2022
Holly Gram cool real matters. WTF MAN
Re: Lai Mohammed: How Digital Economy Sector Lifted Nigeria Out Of Recession In 2021 by Victorclean1: 6:25am On Jan 03, 2022
God, which ever angel that brought lie Mohammed to be a Nigerian, will never go free.
The greatest liar of the century. The angel need lynching in obalende.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed: How Digital Economy Sector Lifted Nigeria Out Of Recession In 2021 by Nobody: 6:25am On Jan 03, 2022
Nigeria can only become a productive and prosperous economy by becoming an exporter of industrial goods and services

3 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: How Digital Economy Sector Lifted Nigeria Out Of Recession In 2021 by Amuluonyenaego: 6:25am On Jan 03, 2022
I don't know why I dislike this guy.

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: How Digital Economy Sector Lifted Nigeria Out Of Recession In 2021 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:25am On Jan 03, 2022
Slow and steady we will get to the land flowing with milk and honey.

Nigeria will be great in our lifetime.

Nigeria will succeed.

God bless Nigeria ��

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed: How Digital Economy Sector Lifted Nigeria Out Of Recession In 2021 by nairavsdollars(f): 6:25am On Jan 03, 2022
basket mouth don open mouth again ooo

5 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: How Digital Economy Sector Lifted Nigeria Out Of Recession In 2021 by udumosam23(m): 6:26am On Jan 03, 2022
Nonsense
Re: Lai Mohammed: How Digital Economy Sector Lifted Nigeria Out Of Recession In 2021 by dalass(f): 6:26am On Jan 03, 2022
He's right now grin
Re: Lai Mohammed: How Digital Economy Sector Lifted Nigeria Out Of Recession In 2021 by dalass(f): 6:26am On Jan 03, 2022
rentAcock:
This guy is indeed a pathological liar.

Is it funny, unbelievable or simply because he's a renowned loar?
Re: Lai Mohammed: How Digital Economy Sector Lifted Nigeria Out Of Recession In 2021 by BRATISLAVA: 6:27am On Jan 03, 2022
With the defunct Twitter? Lol.

4 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: How Digital Economy Sector Lifted Nigeria Out Of Recession In 2021 by BruncleZuma: 6:27am On Jan 03, 2022
With all the business stifling policies?

4 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: How Digital Economy Sector Lifted Nigeria Out Of Recession In 2021 by juniorstar(m): 6:28am On Jan 03, 2022
The same digital economy they are trying to kill

14 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: How Digital Economy Sector Lifted Nigeria Out Of Recession In 2021 by Ayodekfarms(m): 6:28am On Jan 03, 2022
Mr lie on the beat

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: How Digital Economy Sector Lifted Nigeria Out Of Recession In 2021 by Kajaard: 6:28am On Jan 03, 2022
This old man has no single shame undecided

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: How Digital Economy Sector Lifted Nigeria Out Of Recession In 2021 by Victorclean1: 6:28am On Jan 03, 2022
2021 that is full of Hunger and starvation. I think this lying is a mild mental illness. Possibly schizophrenia. He needs psychiatric evaluation cos this lies is now very abnormal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed: How Digital Economy Sector Lifted Nigeria Out Of Recession In 2021 by Ayodekfarms(m): 6:28am On Jan 03, 2022
juniorstar:

God bless you

8 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: How Digital Economy Sector Lifted Nigeria Out Of Recession In 2021 by gambia(m): 6:30am On Jan 03, 2022
Keep deceiving your gullible followers

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: How Digital Economy Sector Lifted Nigeria Out Of Recession In 2021 by Opeyemi50470: 6:30am On Jan 03, 2022
Chai dis don bring ham again cool
Re: Lai Mohammed: How Digital Economy Sector Lifted Nigeria Out Of Recession In 2021 by directonpc(m): 6:30am On Jan 03, 2022
Yet some of us got 0 support
Re: Lai Mohammed: How Digital Economy Sector Lifted Nigeria Out Of Recession In 2021 by Victorclean1: 6:31am On Jan 03, 2022
Afunja
Re: Lai Mohammed: How Digital Economy Sector Lifted Nigeria Out Of Recession In 2021 by vedaxcool(m): 6:31am On Jan 03, 2022
grin grin cheesy pained haters of progress all over!
Re: Lai Mohammed: How Digital Economy Sector Lifted Nigeria Out Of Recession In 2021 by pol23: 6:33am On Jan 03, 2022
Many Nigerian youth are doing well in the digital economy... when you see them in work space and all.
But what do the youth get in return to their active service to the country.
1.police brutality and harrassment.
2.injustice
3.hard way of processing things.... I lost some thousands of dollars because of this... I have some money to claim on admob and google sent me verification code 3 times,I didn't get any of it for a year+...I keep promoting my App without getting a penny for a year... I went every post office between Vi,Lekki and Ibeju... nothing...
I went to UK and got it sort out in 3 weeks...
We can still tap more from the Billions of dollar in the digital economy,but the goverment needs to help especially startups....
Flutterwave made to a billion dollar company,we have a lot of young guys with crazy idea... but everyone is running away from the country..... Police harrassment is enough reason to Run.

5 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: How Digital Economy Sector Lifted Nigeria Out Of Recession In 2021 by thecommunist(m): 6:33am On Jan 03, 2022
Lai, it shall never be well with you! you and you Oga did all you could to frustrate Nigerian youths trying to make a life for themselves with digital economy, you banned crypto, banned twitter, set the police loose on anybody that carries laptop or uses Iphone, or has bank remittals in foreign currency, yet you have the guts to try to claim glory with the same digital economy you tried to crush. I repeat, it shall never be well with you!

5 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: How Digital Economy Sector Lifted Nigeria Out Of Recession In 2021 by Mourinho24: 6:34am On Jan 03, 2022
Once the lying machine opens his mouth, just know that he is about vomiting lies again. Can the devil ever do without lies?

2 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: How Digital Economy Sector Lifted Nigeria Out Of Recession In 2021 by Doyou2019: 6:36am On Jan 03, 2022
juniorstar:

It's what they do best na. This year, they will come for the music industry again. Just watch and see.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is This Really IBB's House? / Jos Attack In Pictures. (warning: disturbing images) / Biafran Col Joe Achuzia Throws His Own Bombshell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.