Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,446 members, 7,861,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:52 AM

. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / . (626 Views)

Man Withdrew ₦750k From Victim's Account After Shooting His Eye In Abia / How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call / Someone Withdrew Over 100k From My Account. I Am Depressed Right Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 8:08am On Jan 03, 2022
Re: . by Nobody: 8:17am On Jan 03, 2022
Can anything be done ? How can they be caught ?
Re: . by thesicilian: 8:30am On Jan 03, 2022
Half-baked stories are difficult to comment on. But to reply your question directly, I doubt if they can be caught. You should go to the bank with your dad and take steps to secure the account better.
Re: . by Nobody: 8:38am On Jan 03, 2022
thesicilian:
Half-baked stories are difficult to comment on. But to reply your question directly, I doubt if they can be caught. You should go to the bank with your dad and take steps to secure the account better.
It's not a half baked story sir, we are based in ibadan ,he has never used any pos service in his life so how did some lekki boys withdraw money using a pos
Re: . by 259fowosade: 10:08am On Jan 03, 2022
sad
Re: . by jesmond3945: 2:38pm On Jan 03, 2022
Xylophonez:
Good day nairalanders , I usually read of stories like this but I never knew I would experience one ... My dad has an atm card which he doesn't use and he has never used any pos service in his life so how were some people in lekki able to withdraw money using a Pos ??
your dad gave the details to lekki boys.
Re: . by paulolee(m): 2:41pm On Jan 03, 2022
I still think this aged people dt hardly understand the risk of holding an ATM card should ne properly educated about it before giving it to them..
ur dad dnt av to use it....just the numbers on d card is enough for DM to use., maybe de will just stand near him, stare n crammed it or dey jus snapped it
Re: . by 2elliot: 6:40pm On Jan 03, 2022
Xylophonez:
Good day nairalanders , I usually read of stories like this but I never knew I would experience one ... My dad has an atm card which he doesn't use and he has never used any pos service in his life so how were some people in lekki able to withdraw money using a Pos ??
My mom is having similar issues. She went to withdraw money from the pos on the 23rd Dec but was told the transaction failed as a result of poor network. The following day when she went back, it was discovered that all her money is gone. The debit alert did show the amount withdrawn but a mere #10.65, and it showed Lekki Lagos as the location, done through electronic means. Her bank has failed to act.
Re: . by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 04, 2022
2elliot:
My mom is having similar issues. She went to withdraw money from the pos on the 23rd Dec but was told the transaction failed as a result of poor network. The following day when she went back, it was discovered that all her money is gone. The debit alert did show the amount withdrawn but a mere #10.65, and it showed Lekki Lagos as the location, done through electronic means. Her bank has failed to act.
Our banking system is a mess

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Lekki Is In Trouble / Actress Raises Alarm After Lady Sent Her Husband Suicide Note, Then Switched Off / Moment Little Boy Realised Adulthood Is Tough After Carrying His Bag (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.