Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,036 members, 7,810,843 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:47 PM

How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call (28852 Views)

NDLEA: How Fake $20m Was Found In An Abuja-bound Bus From Lagos / Thief Caught 8 Months After He Stole Phone & Withdrew N500K From Victim Account / Man Withdrew ₦750k From Victim's Account After Shooting His Eye In Abia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by Aflix(m): 2:58pm On Mar 21, 2021
Can Money Sent To Fraudsters Be Gotten Back?

My dad called me recently to tell me about how he was defrauded. He told me that a guy called him and told him that he is a customer care personnel from the bank he uses and that his account has some issues, so he was asked to send his details which he did.

After sending it, they started transferring the money in the account to another account and he had to rush to a POS stand to transfer the rest to his other account. They had transferred close to #500,000 before he was able to do this.

So, I'm here to ask if anybody has experienced this and has been able to retrieve his/her money.

Please any reasonable advice is welcomed and please no insults.

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by Bornsinner7: 3:04pm On Mar 21, 2021
To get his money back he has to spend more.. The problem in Nigeria is too much.. cuz the fraudsters must have withdrawn the money from their own end

Normally the process should be very easy since he can easily trace the account number where the money was wired to.. but the bankers themselves will make it difficult for him( sometimes these fraudsters work with bank officials )..

With BVN they can easily fetch the profile of the account and even trace the individual down to his living room.. (BVN is linked to almost everything here, National I.D, Passport, SIM card etc)

All this requires money and sometimes you may even spend more than you lost to the criminals.. Court affidavit, court order are the first step to start with

111 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by harmargedon: 3:09pm On Mar 21, 2021
First things first, the account number the money was transferred to.

4 Likes

Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by sirrotex: 3:11pm On Mar 21, 2021
If the money is still in the fraudsters account, you can approach the fraudsters bank to put a post no debit on the account. Once this is successfully achieved then you must obtain a court order to reverse the funds to your account.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by IKBARUTEN11(m): 3:12pm On Mar 21, 2021
Only if your dad is the owner of the online store
the money was used to buy some stuffs

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by ikllbrokehoes(m): 3:35pm On Mar 21, 2021
Aflix:
My dad called me recently to tell me about how he was defrauded. He told me that a guy called him and told him that he is a customer care personnel from the bank he uses and that his account has some issues, so he was asked to send his details which he did.

After sending it, they started transferring the money in the account to another account and he had to rush to a POS stand to transfer the rest to his other account. They had transferred close to #500,000 before he was able to do this.

So, I'm here to ask if anybody has experienced this and has been able to retrieve his/her money.

Lalasticlala and Seun, please push to FP.
Wait.. so people still fall for these scam tactics? damn!

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by ikllbrokehoes(m): 3:37pm On Mar 21, 2021
Bornsinner7:
To get his money back he has to spend more.. The problem in Nigeria is too much.. cuz the fraudsters must have withdrawn the money from their own end

Normally the process should be very easy since he can easily trace the account number where the money was wired to.. but the bankers themselves will make it difficult for him( sometimes these fraudsters work with bank officials )..

With BVN they can easily fetch the profile of the account and even trace the individual down to his living room.. (BVN is linked to almost everything here, National I.D, Passport, SIM card etc)

All this requires money and sometimes you may even spend more than you lost to the criminals.. Court affidavit, court order are the first step to start with
That's too much stress my guy

4 Likes

Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by slawormiir: 3:46pm On Mar 21, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Ogbeni op is a not a real niggarr ...
Allowing your daddy to be scammed....
Our duty as real niggarrrs...is to always enlighten and inform our loved ones that the hood is no longer funny...
Who loose guard. Them go maga am

80 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by OgogoroFreak(m): 3:46pm On Mar 21, 2021
How?

If you needed the money, why did you send it in the first place?

1 Like

Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by Franchise21(m): 8:06pm On Mar 21, 2021
Hmm
Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by saphiere(f): 8:07pm On Mar 21, 2021
Aflix:
Can Money Sent To Fraudsters Be Gotten Back?

Sorry. God is in control.

1 Like

Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by Tegwolloo(m): 8:07pm On Mar 21, 2021
These Yahoo boys are really getting nasty

1 Like

Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by Jaqenhghar: 8:07pm On Mar 21, 2021

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by sotall(m): 8:07pm On Mar 21, 2021
cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by Numerouno94(m): 8:07pm On Mar 21, 2021
angry It won't b difficult tracing them nd apprehending the fraudsters buh banks seems to b protecting them. Reporting to ur bank to find out the recipient/ the account the cash was transferred to buh ur bank will frustrate u. Its like the banks shield those criminals.

11 Likes

Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by TalkTalkTwins(m): 8:08pm On Mar 21, 2021
Omo
Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by Regardless: 8:08pm On Mar 21, 2021
Sorry for your dad's loss. Let us young people still orientate our elderly parents about the tactics of these fraudsters.

The road to recovery is possible but very stressful. Just get to the bank first sha.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by Queenlovely(f): 8:08pm On Mar 21, 2021
d
Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by providencia(m): 8:09pm On Mar 21, 2021
Bornsinner7:

Is your dad banking with first bank?

1 Like

Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by Exponental(m): 8:09pm On Mar 21, 2021
Is your dad a learner
I wish he can trace it to the last even if it will cost him more.

1 Like

Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by Fr33born(m): 8:10pm On Mar 21, 2021
Are you sure they transferred it to another account or they made purchases with it cos those guys no longer transfer to another account?

Anyway, you should have told your aged parents about all these things and teach them how never to fall for them. They called my mum same week I told her about it. She would have been scammed if I didn't tell her about it earlier.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by fasho01(m): 8:10pm On Mar 21, 2021
Quite sad
Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by Lamasta(m): 8:10pm On Mar 21, 2021
If they start running mad tomorrow now someone will create a thread asking if its real...

One almost succeeded in scamming my mum of her hard earned savings unfortunately I bump into my mum holding her ATM card and was about sending the details to the caller when I collected the phone and asked who are you? the next thing I heard was he no go better for you idiot then cuts the call.....

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by Truthabulabula(m): 8:11pm On Mar 21, 2021
Shit
Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by OlayemiAshraf(m): 8:11pm On Mar 21, 2021
saphiere:
Sorry. God is in control.

With this your little boobs grin ... You're shouting " the future is female "" abeg we don't want little boobs female In the future grin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by Dexpro: 8:11pm On Mar 21, 2021
Yes. It can be recovered. And don't be bothered about the comments above saying it will cost you more.

Firstly, get the account number the funds were transferred to.

Go to any magistrate court, make sure you see the registrar. Give him/her the full story. TELL THEM YOU WANT A COURT ORDER. You will pay for this court order. 10% of the money to be recovered.

You probably will get the court order tomorrow. When you have it with you, do a photocopy and serve the original to the bank your dad's monies were transferred. I'm pretty sure the branch manager will PND the account.

Now, go to any police station, meet with the DPO. Just tell the constables at the counter you have a document for the DPO.

At the DPOs, explain the entire situation and tell him you want A POLICE REPORT. You will most likely be connected to the state CID department. Meanwhile, details of the fraudulent transfer would have been collected from you. Rapport with the CID personnel. When you have Police Report, photocopy and serve the bank the original.

You and your dad should visit his bank and put things back in order coz the account is already compromised. When.you get to the bank, they'll put you through.

The account that hosted your dad's money will be blocked and put on lien. Any amount that comes in will be held and can not be withdrawn.

The account owner, will be picked up. He'll lead the police to the person that made the transfer.

All of these can happen, this week.

83 Likes 15 Shares

Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by Nobody: 8:11pm On Mar 21, 2021
lol
Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by fitinwell: 8:12pm On Mar 21, 2021
No Future for the Wicked...

Why so many people died ..mysteriously

1 Like

Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by Realdeals(m): 8:13pm On Mar 21, 2021
It appears they are now targeting the elderly

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by Commonguy(m): 8:14pm On Mar 21, 2021
e don go e don go be that.. Nigeria fraudsters don joke with the money they took from their victims

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Kill A Man In Taraba, Shoot His Wife (Graphic Photos) / Burial Of 17-Year-Old IPOB Member Killed During Trump Solidarity Rally. PICS / I Prefer To Live My Life In Prison –murder Suspect (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.