Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,223 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

Easy Fix - Anti Theft Light Flashing While Car Is On (toyota Or Lexus) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Easy Fix - Anti Theft Light Flashing While Car Is On (toyota Or Lexus) (1248 Views)

Is It Fire Coming From The Exhaust Of This Toyota Or Not? / What Used Car To Buy In Nigeria With 1.2m Either Lexus Or Toyota Or Honda Evil S / Acura Mxd 08 Or Lexus Rx330? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Easy Fix - Anti Theft Light Flashing While Car Is On (toyota Or Lexus) by Piyke: 12:39pm On Jan 03, 2022
Encountered this issue and had been with it. Finally decided to deal with it.

Anti theft or the security light just keeps blinking or flashing when driving. When the car is off, it stays on solid.

Here's how I dealt with it in under a minute. No scan tool required!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15hMqi6O-wk

2 Likes

Re: Easy Fix - Anti Theft Light Flashing While Car Is On (toyota Or Lexus) by Piyke: 12:41pm On Jan 03, 2022
Hope it helps someone... Works on any Toyota or Lexus.
Re: Easy Fix - Anti Theft Light Flashing While Car Is On (toyota Or Lexus) by baconline(m): 1:07pm On Jan 03, 2022
Nice one
Re: Easy Fix - Anti Theft Light Flashing While Car Is On (toyota Or Lexus) by Piyke: 1:20pm On Jan 03, 2022
baconline:
Nice one

Thanks
Re: Easy Fix - Anti Theft Light Flashing While Car Is On (toyota Or Lexus) by ZhyonKross(m): 5:07pm On Jan 03, 2022
So helpful brother,
Okocha Zhyon Kross:
Good evening to you brother, merry Christmas to you

Please my Camry 04 throw up these codes

Please kindly help me out
Re: Easy Fix - Anti Theft Light Flashing While Car Is On (toyota Or Lexus) by ZhyonKross(m): 5:09pm On Jan 03, 2022
ZhyonKross:
So helpful brother,
Okocha Zhyon Kross:
Good evening to you brother, merry Christmas to you

Please my Camry 04 throw up these codes

Please kindly help me out

Poo12
Poo31

Please kindly help me to resolve this issues please
Re: Easy Fix - Anti Theft Light Flashing While Car Is On (toyota Or Lexus) by Piyke: 3:38pm On Jan 04, 2022
ZhyonKross:

Poo12
Poo31

Please kindly help me to resolve this issues please

P0012 - If you are lucky, this could be solved by ensuring your oil level is where it should be. Check your oil level. Could also be that your oil is dirty. Is your oil change regular? There are other causes of this code too; variable valve timing solenoid + oil control valve circuit issues. Usually precipitated by sludge, but the solenoid itself can fail. Try to shine a torch through your oil pour hole to see if there's sludge present. That said, also check for loose/poor connection at the connector + integrity of the wires of the VVT solenoid. You can Google VVT solenoid location 2004 Camry to know how to proceed.

P0031 - speaks to the air-fuel sensor, specifically the heater element circuit. Could be poor connection, bad wire or that the heater element in the sensor has failed. If you have a multimeter & know how to use it, there's how to check the heater element of the sensor. Let me know...
Lastly, it's always good to sort out O2 sensor/emission issues to preserve your catalytic converter...

5 Likes

Re: Easy Fix - Anti Theft Light Flashing While Car Is On (toyota Or Lexus) by ZhyonKross(m): 7:29pm On Jan 04, 2022
Piyke:

P0012 - If you are lucky, this could be solved by ensuring your oil level is where it should be. Check your oil level. Could also be that your oil is dirty. Is your oil change regular? There are other causes of this code too; variable valve timing solenoid + oil control valve circuit issues. Usually precipitated by sludge, but the solenoid itself can fail. Try to shine a torch through your oil pour hole to see if there's sludge present. That said, also check for loose/poor connection at the connector + integrity of the wires of the VVT solenoid. You can Google VVT solenoid location 2004 Camry to know how to proceed.

P0031 - speaks to the air-fuel sensor, specifically the heater element circuit. Could be poor connection, bad wire or that the heater element in the sensor has failed. If you have a multimeter & know how to use it, there's how to check the heater element of the sensor. Let me know...thank you so much brother, I will be checking the above mentioned on the coming weekend,, thank you once again
Lastly, it's always good to sort out O2 sensor/emission issues to preserve your catalytic converter...

(1) (Reply)

Crisis in Lagos, As Trailer Crushes 4 School Kids / Overheating And Suspected Blown-up Top Gasket In In Mitsubishi Space Gear / Photo: Sedan Vs Hatchback

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.