Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,789 members, 7,831,550 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

Muslim-Muslim ticket doesn’t matter with Tinubu as APC presidential candidate – - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muslim-Muslim ticket doesn’t matter with Tinubu as APC presidential candidate – (1021 Views)

Abiola, Oba Oyekan At The Crowning Of Tinubu As Asiwaju Of Lagos (Throwback Pic) / I Have No Problem With Tinubu - Ambode Speaks On Rift / Akeredolu Snubs Handshake With Tinubu At APC Rally, Ajimobi Used As Shield (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslim-Muslim ticket doesn’t matter with Tinubu as APC presidential candidate – by ItsTutsi(m): 4:18pm On Jan 04, 2022
The Director-General of the Tinubu Support Group, Abdulmumin Jibrin, has said a Muslim-Muslim ticket does not matter if the National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, becomes the presidential candidate of the ruling party in the 2023 general elections.

Jibrin, a former member of the House of Representatives who led the campaign for Femi Gbajabiamila to become Speaker of the 9th House, said Nigerians are more interested in the quality of persons to occupy public offices.

The former lawmaker, who is now Executive Director (Business Development) at the Federal Housing Authority, stated this on Politics Today, a current affairs programme on Channels Television which was monitored by our correspondent from Abuja on Monday.

Jibrin noted that there are thousands of Tinubu support groups across the country, adding that the TSG that he is leading is to coordinate and supervise the other groups.

When asked if it is true that the former Governor of Lagos State is running for president, the ex-lawmaker said, “Yes, he is running. Absolutely, he is running for office… for the Presidency in 2023. Take it to the bank, he is running. Absolutely. We have discussed with him extensively. So much is going on now behind the scene.

“Sometimes, I even find it a bit funny when I see people saying ‘is he contesting or is he not contesting?’ The only thing that is left is just the formality of organising when he is going to express his aspiration, just to notify the public that, ‘Yes, I am going to contest.’ But the issue of Bola Tinubu contesting is a done deal. He is going to contest the election, I can assure you that. Insha Allah, he is going to be on the ballot paper.”

Speaking on the zoning of the presidency and whether the North is convinced that the office should go to the South after the tenure of the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), Jibrin said as far as the APC was concerned, if the party wanted to be fair, power should rotate to the South.

The head of the TSG, however, noted that contestants usually emerge from other zones in the previous elections against the power rotation principle, stressing that people are free to contest regardless of the zoning.

When asked about the fate of the South-East geopolitical zone, he said once power is zoned to the South, the geopolitical zones in the region are free to seek power.

Responding to a question of the ethnoreligious configuration should Tinubu, a Muslim, emerge as the candidate of the APC, Jibrin said, “I completely agree and understand that our country is sensitive when it comes to politics, the issue of ethnic and religious considerations. It is very serious. Nobody can sweep that under the carpet.”

He added, “But talking personally and weighing the mood of the country, I can assure you that if you give people a choice of someone who will come and improve on what we already have on ground, and revamp the economy and increase every aspect and every part of the country, people will just want to see progress. People just want to see development. For me, it doesn’t matter.

“If you bring a Christian-Christian presidency or a Muslim-Muslim presidency, for me, personally, it doesn’t matter. Even within the party and my TSG, we have had this conversation.”

The former lawmaker, who noted that ethnicity and religion are critical factors in Nigerian politics, said Tinubu is detribalised and not a religious fanatic. He added that the APC chieftain would “make the right decision” when choosing his running mate.

Jibrin recalled how David Mark and Ike Ekweremadu were opposed by lawmakers for being Christians when they were to become the President and Deputy President of the Senate, respectively, in the 6th and 7th Assembly. According to him, they not only won their elections in the chamber but also supervised the most stable Senate since 1999 under their leadership.

Jibrin also cited the example of the current Speaker of the House, Femi Gbajabiamila; and Deputy Speaker, Ahmed Wase, who are both Muslims.

“I led the (speakership) campaign. They said we were not going to win. I said when Nigerians see quality, they take quality over ethnicity and religion, except you do not present quality to Nigerians,” he said.

https://punchng.com/muslim-muslim-ticket-doesnt-matter-with-tinubu-as-apc-presidential-candidate-support-group/?amp

1 Like

Re: Muslim-Muslim ticket doesn’t matter with Tinubu as APC presidential candidate – by jamesacademy: 4:23pm On Jan 04, 2022
Some people just love deceiving themselves. No b wetin make am step down for osinbajo, this one come dey talk say e no matter. Nigeria that is well divided along ethnic and religious lines. Make we dey watch now.

2 Likes

Re: Muslim-Muslim ticket doesn’t matter with Tinubu as APC presidential candidate – by Xscape1993(m): 4:23pm On Jan 04, 2022
Any living being supporting Tinubu for president after the 2015 terrible political mistake needs to be stoned to death. Some Nigerians naturally love suffering.

11 Likes

Re: Muslim-Muslim ticket doesn’t matter with Tinubu as APC presidential candidate – by vanbonattel: 4:24pm On Jan 04, 2022
Well supported.

Tinubu for president of what is remaining of Nigeria

Ishaq akintola for VP

Nnamdi Kanu for president of Biafra

Wike for VP of Biafra
Re: Muslim-Muslim ticket doesn’t matter with Tinubu as APC presidential candidate – by surgical: 4:25pm On Jan 04, 2022
Tinubu has always been a selfish person, everything he does is about self interest not a attribute of a good leader

9 Likes

Re: Muslim-Muslim ticket doesn’t matter with Tinubu as APC presidential candidate – by Pravedk: 4:28pm On Jan 04, 2022
Haha. The whole of this month na Tinubu vs Osinbajo.

One candidate is a joke and the other is the real deal.

APC should not play with their mandate.

1 Like

Re: Muslim-Muslim ticket doesn’t matter with Tinubu as APC presidential candidate – by Vistra40: 4:33pm On Jan 04, 2022
Make una Dey deceive am

4 Likes

Re: Muslim-Muslim ticket doesn’t matter with Tinubu as APC presidential candidate – by Vistra40: 4:35pm On Jan 04, 2022
Pravedk:
Haha. The whole of this month na Tinubu vs Osinbajo.

One candidate is a joke and the other is the real deal.

APC should not play with their mandate.

It would even shock you that the eventual candidate won’t be any of those two. Though Osinbajo is a good candidate

2 Likes

Re: Muslim-Muslim ticket doesn’t matter with Tinubu as APC presidential candidate – by AntonVince: 4:35pm On Jan 04, 2022
Xscape1993:
Any living being supporting Tinubu for president after the 2015 terrible political mistake needs to be stoned to death. Some Nigerians naturally love suffering.

...or put to death by guillotine.
They are enemies of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Muslim-Muslim ticket doesn’t matter with Tinubu as APC presidential candidate – by slivertongue: 4:35pm On Jan 04, 2022
Their cup of tea
Re: Muslim-Muslim ticket doesn’t matter with Tinubu as APC presidential candidate – by Abfinest007(m): 4:48pm On Jan 04, 2022
If it doesn't matter why was he denied the VP slot in 2015
Tinubu picking the apc ticket is like buhari trekking from Abuja to daura which we Kno he can't

1 Like

Re: Muslim-Muslim ticket doesn’t matter with Tinubu as APC presidential candidate – by tolufase: 4:51pm On Jan 04, 2022
It's crystal clear now but what the man gets to offer Nigerians that will be different from what Buhari is currently doing is what I don't know.
Re: Muslim-Muslim ticket doesn’t matter with Tinubu as APC presidential candidate – by OFFICIAL336: 5:09pm On Jan 04, 2022
Xscape1993:
Go straight to the point. Say YORUBAS.

Stop insulting sensible Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: Muslim-Muslim ticket doesn’t matter with Tinubu as APC presidential candidate – by donpapa(m): 5:10pm On Jan 04, 2022
Unfortunately for Jubrin, his opinion might not count here. Considering the level of division ethnicity and religion has caused the country.

He couldn’t be on a joint ticket with Buhari because of this same reason in 2015 but he’s good to go in 2023? Interesting days ahead.

Dogara must have foresaw this by making that political calculation of decamping back to APC.
Dude wants to become the vp! grin

2 Likes

Re: Muslim-Muslim ticket doesn’t matter with Tinubu as APC presidential candidate – by helinues: 5:11pm On Jan 04, 2022
His opinion actually
Re: Muslim-Muslim ticket doesn’t matter with Tinubu as APC presidential candidate – by BobbieZion(m): 5:12pm On Jan 04, 2022
Yes that's true.
Last time I checked.
MKO never got to set his foot in the palace.
And it was a Muslim who denied him,incarcerated him and finally killed him.

Make we na dey use we na head when we na dey cap.
This we na religion matter dey demo-craze we na too much .......
Re: Muslim-Muslim ticket doesn’t matter with Tinubu as APC presidential candidate – by mrvitalis(m): 5:15pm On Jan 04, 2022
Any one who thinks tinubu stands a chance in getting APC ticket is actually day dreaming

Firstly we all know there is no how buhari and the northern cabal would hand over to tinubu ...it's absolutely impossible ....

that aside even say tinubu wants to challenge buhari with which structure ? When his faction Congress in Lagos was not monitored ? Lmao

Na this year na

3 Likes

Re: Muslim-Muslim ticket doesn’t matter with Tinubu as APC presidential candidate – by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 5:23pm On Jan 04, 2022
A Muslim-Muslim ticket is a total NO from we Christians, we shall not be deceived by flowery words and shall surely make our voices heard at the right time. If you Muslims think you will forever ride over Christians in Nigeria and take us for granted then you have another thought coming. Rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Muslim-Muslim ticket doesn’t matter with Tinubu as APC presidential candidate – by ItsTutsi(m): 5:38pm On Jan 04, 2022
If APC decide to present a Muslim-Muslim ticket, there is nothing ur likes can do about it!! It's about voting strength
MASTAkiLLAh:
A Muslim-Muslim ticket is a total NO from we Christians, we shall not be deceived by flowery words and shall surely make our voices heard at the right time. If you Muslims think you will forever ride over Christians in Nigeria and take us for granted then you have another thought coming. Rubbish
Re: Muslim-Muslim ticket doesn’t matter with Tinubu as APC presidential candidate – by Jack005(m): 5:39pm On Jan 04, 2022
Says an Afonja miscreant from ogbomoso.

1 Like

Re: Muslim-Muslim ticket doesn’t matter with Tinubu as APC presidential candidate – by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 5:55pm On Jan 04, 2022
ItsTutsi:
If APC decide to present a Muslim-Muslim ticket, there is nothing ur likes can do about it!! It's about voting strength
ok

1 Like

Re: Muslim-Muslim ticket doesn’t matter with Tinubu as APC presidential candidate – by slimghost(m): 6:05pm On Jan 04, 2022
vanbonattel:
Well supported.

Tinubu for president of what is remaining of Nigeria

Ishaq akintola for VP

Nnamdi Kanu for president of Biafra

Wike for VP of Biafra

Gumi for VP.

2 Likes

Re: Muslim-Muslim ticket doesn’t matter with Tinubu as APC presidential candidate – by slimfit1(m): 6:23pm On Jan 04, 2022
There are some people you don't care about M M but for anything APC. It's M/C or nothing I don't care. There are lots of Northern Christians, they are Nigerians so they have to be considered as well. If Tinubu really wants to be president find a Northern Christian simple.
Re: Muslim-Muslim ticket doesn’t matter with Tinubu as APC presidential candidate – by AntonVince: 9:32pm On Jan 04, 2022
ItsTutsi:

What voting strength?
Re: Muslim-Muslim ticket doesn’t matter with Tinubu as APC presidential candidate – by johnmartus(m): 9:39pm On Jan 04, 2022
Someone you have not set your eye on and you are accusing him this way.
surgical:
Tinubu has always been a selfish person, everything he does is about self interest not a attribute of a good leader
Re: Muslim-Muslim ticket doesn’t matter with Tinubu as APC presidential candidate – by logicalman: 5:23am On Jan 05, 2022
To a selfish person anything goes as far as it favours his selfish interest.
Re: Muslim-Muslim ticket doesn’t matter with Tinubu as APC presidential candidate – by Superwave16320: 7:49am On Jan 05, 2022
I am suppirting Tinubu for 2023

Your father mother n entire household can go to hell. So you want me to support diehard criminal like Peter Peter Obi instead.

The same fool that was caught with 250M cash in Lagos and exposed to have over $5M looted in his 13 year old olosho daughter's Pandora account. Crazy de your head.

Xscape1993:

Re: Muslim-Muslim ticket doesn’t matter with Tinubu as APC presidential candidate – by FarahAideed: 8:02am On Jan 05, 2022
Now they are openly pushing the Muslim Muslim ticket which means if Tinubu wins Nigeria would be under Muslim rule for 24 straight years ...Tinubu is too self centered ..

1 Like

Re: Muslim-Muslim ticket doesn’t matter with Tinubu as APC presidential candidate – by Psychokinetic: 8:08am On Jan 05, 2022
ItsTutsi:
The Director-General of the Tinubu Support Group, Abdulmumin Jibrin, has said a Muslim-Muslim ticket does not matter if the National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, becomes the presidential candidate of the ruling party in the 2023 general elections.

Jibrin, a former member of the House of Representatives who led the campaign for Femi Gbajabiamila to become Speaker of the 9th House, said Nigerians are more interested in the quality of persons to occupy public offices.

The former lawmaker, who is now Executive Director (Business Development) at the Federal Housing Authority, stated this on Politics Today, a current affairs programme on Channels Television which was monitored by our correspondent from Abuja on Monday.

Jibrin noted that there are thousands of Tinubu support groups across the country, adding that the TSG that he is leading is to coordinate and supervise the other groups.

When asked if it is true that the former Governor of Lagos State is running for president, the ex-lawmaker said, “Yes, he is running. Absolutely, he is running for office… for the Presidency in 2023. Take it to the bank, he is running. Absolutely. We have discussed with him extensively. So much is going on now behind the scene.

“Sometimes, I even find it a bit funny when I see people saying ‘is he contesting or is he not contesting?’ The only thing that is left is just the formality of organising when he is going to express his aspiration, just to notify the public that, ‘Yes, I am going to contest.’ But the issue of Bola Tinubu contesting is a done deal. He is going to contest the election, I can assure you that. Insha Allah, he is going to be on the ballot paper.”

Speaking on the zoning of the presidency and whether the North is convinced that the office should go to the South after the tenure of the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), Jibrin said as far as the APC was concerned, if the party wanted to be fair, power should rotate to the South.

The head of the TSG, however, noted that contestants usually emerge from other zones in the previous elections against the power rotation principle, stressing that people are free to contest regardless of the zoning.

When asked about the fate of the South-East geopolitical zone, he said once power is zoned to the South, the geopolitical zones in the region are free to seek power.

Responding to a question of the ethnoreligious configuration should Tinubu, a Muslim, emerge as the candidate of the APC, Jibrin said, “I completely agree and understand that our country is sensitive when it comes to politics, the issue of ethnic and religious considerations. It is very serious. Nobody can sweep that under the carpet.”

He added, “But talking personally and weighing the mood of the country, I can assure you that if you give people a choice of someone who will come and improve on what we already have on ground, and revamp the economy and increase every aspect and every part of the country, people will just want to see progress. People just want to see development. For me, it doesn’t matter.

“If you bring a Christian-Christian presidency or a Muslim-Muslim presidency, for me, personally, it doesn’t matter. Even within the party and my TSG, we have had this conversation.”

The former lawmaker, who noted that ethnicity and religion are critical factors in Nigerian politics, said Tinubu is detribalised and not a religious fanatic. He added that the APC chieftain would “make the right decision” when choosing his running mate.

Jibrin recalled how David Mark and Ike Ekweremadu were opposed by lawmakers for being Christians when they were to become the President and Deputy President of the Senate, respectively, in the 6th and 7th Assembly. According to him, they not only won their elections in the chamber but also supervised the most stable Senate since 1999 under their leadership.

Jibrin also cited the example of the current Speaker of the House, Femi Gbajabiamila; and Deputy Speaker, Ahmed Wase, who are both Muslims.

“I led the (speakership) campaign. They said we were not going to win. I said when Nigerians see quality, they take quality over ethnicity and religion, except you do not present quality to Nigerians,” he said.

https://punchng.com/muslim-muslim-ticket-doesnt-matter-with-tinubu-as-apc-presidential-candidate-support-group/?amp
Muslim-Muslim in which country??! You guys are just looking to finalize your Islamization agenda. Ko work rara!!

1 Like

Re: Muslim-Muslim ticket doesn’t matter with Tinubu as APC presidential candidate – by AntonVince: 9:21am On Jan 05, 2022
FarahAideed:
Now they are openly pushing the Muslim Muslim ticket which means if Tinubu wins Nigeria would be under Muslim rule for 24 straight years ...Tinubu is too self centered ..

It's a bound-to-fail project.

1 Like

Re: Muslim-Muslim ticket doesn’t matter with Tinubu as APC presidential candidate – by Throwback: 10:41pm On Jun 08, 2022
mrvitalis:
Any one who thinks tinubu stands a chance in getting APC ticket is actually day dreaming

Firstly we all know there is no how buhari and the northern cabal would hand over to tinubu ...it's absolutely impossible ....

that aside even say tinubu wants to challenge buhari with which structure ? When his faction Congress in Lagos was not monitored ? Lmao

Na this year na

What say you now?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oil producing states get N49b as LGs share N155b for December allocation / See Charms, Idols And Weapons Recovered From IPOB/ESN Terrorists hideout / Nigeria Vs Ghana: Terror Attack on MKO Abiola Stadium Blamed on IPOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.