Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,670 members, 7,837,474 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Why Did Nairaland Delete Osinbajo Story After Rebuttal But Left Mimiko’s? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Did Nairaland Delete Osinbajo Story After Rebuttal But Left Mimiko’s? (265 Views)

Peter Obi Is Not Stingy- A rebuttal to Fr Mbaka's Claims (Photos) / N90bn: Wazobia FM Retracts Osinbajo Story, Apologises To VP / Photos From Olusegun Mimiko's Presidential Declaration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did Nairaland Delete Osinbajo Story After Rebuttal But Left Mimiko’s? by Penguin2: 6:17pm On Jan 04, 2022
A piece of news from People’s Gazette, made it Nairaland front page about Osinbajo meeting and informing Buhari of his intentions to run in the 2023 presidential election.

But no sooner had we barely finished reading it than a rebuttal coming from Laolu Akande, spokesperson for the Vice President, denying such meeting and labeling it with their new found baptismal phrase of “fake news” when “he was contacted”.

What it means is that Laolu Akande did not release a statement on his own to deny the said publication but waited to be “contacted” to label it “fake news”.

Barely had the rebuttal hit front page than the initial report of the meeting disappeared from Nairaland front page and anywhere on Nairaland.

But not so with the news of the secret meeting between Aminu Tambuwal and the former governor of Ondo State, Segun Mimiko, where they purportedly discussed about Mimiko being Vice Presidential candidate to Tambuwal should APC succeed in drafting former president Goodluck Jonathan to the 2023 presidential race.

In rebuttal, Olusegun Mimiko, through his media aide, released a statement, without waiting to be “contacted” declaring that such meeting never took place and that his principal is committed to the position of Southern Governors Forum of power returning to the south in 2023.

However, despite this rebuttal, the first report of the meeting is still on Nairaland front page but that of Osinbajo has surreptitiously disappeared.

And the question is why?

Do the owners and managers of Nairaland mean to tell Nigerians and the reading public that because Laolu Akande said such report is “fake news” therefore it never happened despite our recent experiences with the things labeled as “fake news” by the government in power and its agencies finally turning out as true. Most recent is the presence of the military at the Lekki Tollgate which the army had labeled as “fake news” but the world knows the true position of things today.

Again, what happened to putting every piece of information out to the reading public and allowing them to read and take their own position?

In same vein, how many piece of information from People’s Gazette has turned out as “fake news” since the platform started that this will finally be fake news that Nairaland will rush to delete the piece of information from them?

And lastly, if Nairaland is now a fighter of “fake news”, why did it not also delete the report from News Telegraph of Tambuwal’s meeting with Mimiko after the latter denied such meeting ever happened? Or why the equivocation?

There’s been suspicions and accusations, real or imagined, of Nairaland pursuing an agenda but I thought that as a big platform, it would at least cloak its biases than this brazen display.

I know this post would be deleted but before then those I’m talking to shall have read it.

And for the record, I and some people like me who constantly demand professional and unbiased practice from Nairaland according to the ethics of journalism, are not after the downfall of Nairaland but its impeccable reputation as an unbiased biggest platform in the African continent.

Penguin is a bird of reason!

7 Likes

Re: Why Did Nairaland Delete Osinbajo Story After Rebuttal But Left Mimiko’s? by Ifesinachi22(m): 6:26pm On Jan 04, 2022
I wanted to post and they said the story is no longer available.

Seun lalasticlala Dominique mynd44 OAM4J are pushing for a Tinubu Agenda.

It will not work for them

3 Likes

Re: Why Did Nairaland Delete Osinbajo Story After Rebuttal But Left Mimiko’s? by Yibo(m): 6:28pm On Jan 04, 2022
Let us leave Nairaland for Nigerians
Click here for Biafraland news
Www.beerfraudland.com
Re: Why Did Nairaland Delete Osinbajo Story After Rebuttal But Left Mimiko’s? by Northernblood5(m): 6:28pm On Jan 04, 2022
I think their is a newly recruited mod with little brain issue in Nairaland.

It is Foolishness to delete a thread with a reputable reference Seun. The blame is on People's Gazette not nairaland. I wonder if your mods have Modus Operandi at all?

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Nairaland Delete Osinbajo Story After Rebuttal But Left Mimiko’s? by Penguin2: 6:59pm On Jan 04, 2022
Northernblood5:
I think their is a newly recruited mod with little brain issue in Nairaland.

It is Foolishness to delete a thread with a reputable reference Seun. The blame is on People's Gazette not nairaland. I wonder if your mods have Modus Operandi at all?

Very unprofessional!

If it’s fake news, it is People’s Gazette that will be liable and not Nairaland so I wonder why the rush in deleting the post if there’s no narrative they’re pushing.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Nairaland Delete Osinbajo Story After Rebuttal But Left Mimiko’s? by Northernblood5(m): 7:07pm On Jan 04, 2022
Penguin2:

Very unprofessional!

If it’s fake news, it is People’s Gazette that will be liable and not Nairaland so I wonder why the rush in deleting the post if there’s no narrative they’re pushing.

Don't mind Seun. Employing mods with poor understanding.

They for go delete all the threads about statements that Lia Mohammed made initially B4 denying them

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Nairaland Delete Osinbajo Story After Rebuttal But Left Mimiko’s? by OfficialAwol(m): 8:27pm On Jan 04, 2022
Igbo:
Www.beerfraudland.com

Stale

1 Like

Re: Why Did Nairaland Delete Osinbajo Story After Rebuttal But Left Mimiko’s? by OfficialAwol(m): 8:29pm On Jan 04, 2022
Igbo:
Www.beerfraudland.com

Stale and watery

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did Nairaland Delete Osinbajo Story After Rebuttal But Left Mimiko’s? by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 8:53pm On Jan 04, 2022
The usual suspect go soon delete this thread grin

(1) (Reply)

BAFEM: The Most Qualified Candidate Across Board - Ekiti Diaspora For BAFEM. / No Nigerian Ethnic President Has Ever Lifted His People Out Of Poverty / Courtesy Visit To The Speaker, Oyo State House Of Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.